Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

I still have trouble believing it was the guy with access to the gun who was the one that was frantically screaming for help in the 911 call.

I still have trouble believing it was the guy with access to the gun who was the one that was frantically screaming for help in the 911 call.

It all comes down to the screaming for me. Even if Zimmerman was getting his ass beat, clearly it was over once the screaming began. Yet he still pulled the trigger

It all comes down to the screaming for me. Even if Zimmerman was getting his ass beat, clearly it was over once the screaming began. Yet he still pulled the trigger

Yes, this. It's absolutly critical.

Initially my understanding was that forensic evidence was inconclusive, now two top experts in the field of recorded evidence -using differnt methods- have eliminated Zimmerman as the screamer: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-911-20120331_1_voice-identification-expert-reasonable-scientific-certainty

It would be nice if they had audio evidence of Martin to compare it with.

For the record, Martin's mother IDed the voice as that of her son.

What risk was that?

The risk that by continuing to follow the UBM could, possibly, lead to an altercation. Presumably, that is why the police dispatcher told him we don't need you to follow him (to avert the potential for unnecessary confrontation). The only reason the fight ensued, IMO, is because he disregarded the police dispatcher and continued to follow anyway.

You had Zimmerman convicted the minute you found out Martin was black.

Maybe he is innocent but I'm willing to stomach a certain percentage of innocents being convicted to make sure the guilty hang. :banana:

'18 March 2012[/color] - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1332053432' post='4718537']

I think Zimmeran is guilty of murder, or manslaughter at the very least.

I hope he is prosecuted, convicted, and spends the rest of his days as some gang's prison b!tch. :thumbsup:

Just going through the thread. Here :pointstosky: is worms 1st post on the case......

In one of the neighbor's calls to 911, you can hear the kid screaming for help in the background for a while, and then a gunshot.

This guy killed him in cold blood. He was probably standing/leaning over the kid for a while and made the conscious decision to shoot him. I think he should be facing murder charges.

Here is his second...... :pointstosky:

Are you pointing out how awesome I am for predicting murder charges when most Geeks thought he would go completely free? :first:

With all due respect, I think a lot of the stuff you are reading is from closet racists who are trying to justify Zimmerman's crime after the fact.

At any rate, I am all for this shaking out in a court of law. Let's see what happens. Let's see if Zimmerman can establish that it was him screaming or that Martin was a dangerous gangsta thug or that he had to shoot Martin to defend himself. The reason everyone is outraged is that Zimmerman wasn't arrested at all. If things stay as they are he won't have to stand trial so we'll never know if he committed murder or if he was defending himself within the bounds of the law.

Later he posts this......Who jumped to conclusions? :thumbsdown:

Wow, you're stalking my posts in this thread. Thanks man, I'm flattered. :wub:

At any rate, you're wrong. You'll notice I said Zimmerman should be charged with murder. That is completely consistent with me then saying it should play out IN COURT. As in, if he is charged but found to be innocent, I would accept that. What I wouldn't accept (and what most people were angry about) was no charges at all. HTH.

Yeah. And he fancies himself some type of lawyer.

:lol:

Stand Your Ground Law or not, if I was a cop at the scene, Zimmerman gets arrested. And if I was the DA overseeing the case, Zimmerman goes to trial unless he convinces me there's no way I can build a case against him.

Backpeddle......Why - You already had him convicted for murder.... :unsure:

Are you pointing out how awesome I am for predicting murder charges when most Geeks thought he would go completely free?

He is pointing out you convicted Zimmerman, and sentenced him to life, based solely on the first doctored media reports to come out. Meanwhile, the smart people here suggested we wait until all the facts come out.

Yeah. And he fancies himself some type of lawyer.

:lol:

Who accurately predicted that Zimmerman would be charged with murder? Here's a hint: it wasn't your stupid ass. :lol:

Backpeddle......Why - You already had him convicted for murder.... :unsure:

I'm always glad to meet fans of my work. :wave:

Anyway, again, you'll notice I said that he should have been CHARGED with murder. That's the way the criminal process works. Unless you can convince the cops and the prosecutor that there isn't enough evidence to charge you with the crime (because you didn't do it), you get charged and then it shakes out in court (or more likely through a plea deal).

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have about the legal system.

Plus if Martin was really bashing Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk to the point where Zimmerman was forced to kill or be killed, then why the fock did Zimmerman not even have to go to the hospital?

Oops!!!!!!

Earlier this week, medical records leaked to ABC News showed Zimmerman likely suffered a broken nose, black eyes and an abrasion on the back of head.
:dunno:

Need I go on more?

I'm always glad to meet fans of my work. :wave:

Anyway, again, you'll notice I said that he should have been CHARGED with murder. That's the way the criminal process works. Unless you can convince the cops and the prosecutor that there isn't enough evidence to charge you with the crime (because you didn't do it), you get charged and then it shakes out in court (or more likely through a plea deal).

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have about the legal system.

Too bad you understand it so poorly.

I do not believe there was a conspiracy (I leave those to Little Rusty) but they could have simply been wrong. I think a consistent criticism of the police in this case is that they were perhaps too eager to accept Zimmerman's story and leave it at that.

With the evidence-SO FAR-it seems Zimmerman's story is extremely acurate. Do you agree? :dunno:

Or has the biased media's story been more acurate? :dunno:

Oops!!!!!!

:dunno:

Need I go on more?

Please do, you're making me look brilliant. :thumbsup:

(Btw, he went to the doc the next day. If you just got beat so bad you had to kill a man, don't you think emergency medical treatment would be appropriate?)

Worms has taken a 37 page beating, and he is impressed with himself. :shocking:

Yeah, he's like Elizabeth Warren on her Indian Ancestry. At least Nikki was willing to leave the bored in shame after her drubbing. Oh well, what can you do?

Please do, you're making me look brilliant. :thumbsup:

(Btw, he went to the doc the next day. If you just got beat so bad you had to kill a man, don't you think emergency medical treatment would be appropriate?)

You mean like the treatment that was given by paramedics at the scene, which has already been mentioned a number of time in this thread?

You mean like the treatment that was given by paramedics at the scene, which has already been mentioned a number of time in this thread?

I'm talking about more than putting a bandaid on a boo-boo. A man died, remember? I would think a trip to the ER would be reasonable. But apparently the EMTs on the scene didn't think it was necessary.

I'm talking about more than putting a bandaid on a boo-boo. A man died, remember? I would think a trip to the ER would be reasonable. But apparently the EMTs on the scene didn't think it was necessary.

Just because a wimp like you goes to the ER over a blood blister doesnt mean the rest of society is as wimpy.

Who accurately predicted that Zimmerman would be charged with murder? Here's a hint: it wasn't your stupid ass. :lol:

No response, Strike? That's what I thought.

I understand that adrenaline must have been going, I've seen dudes shot that didn't realize it. And a broken nose usually bleeds like a mother, I'm not doubting his injuries, but you'd think he would have gone to a hospital.

Just because a wimp like you goes to the ER over a blood blister doesnt mean the rest of society is as wimpy.

Thanks for proving my point drobs. Zimmerman's injuries were so petty that it really calls into question whether he needed to shoot Martin dead, even assuming his story about getting jumped (by a guy he was following) is true.

No response, Strike? That's what I thought.

Why would I respond? I never said he shouldn't or wouldn't be charged. And that's only one thing you said. You said a lot of other things, mostly idiotic. But please keep posting in this thread. The more you post, the dumber you look, and the less likely it seems you're actually an attorney. No attorney I've met, and I know a lot of them, has the type of thought processes you've exhibited in this thread. I especially liked the guilty until proven innocent schtick.

:thumbsup:

I understand that adrenaline must have been going, I've seen dudes shot that didn't realize it. And a broken nose usually bleeds like a mother, I'm not doubting his injuries, but you'd think he would have gone to a hospital.

That's a fair point about adrenaline, but why wouldn't the EMTs have basically forced him to go to the hospital? Usually they do. Even for a relatively minor traffic accident, they usually want you to go to the hospital just to cover all the bases.

Thanks for proving my point drobs. Zimmerman's injuries were so petty that it really calls into question whether he needed to shoot Martin dead, even assuming his story about getting jumped (by a guy he was following) is true.

So disregard the medical report ? :lol: I hope the prosecuters are smart enough to grab you as a consultant, there is no way that jury will have a shred of doubt with your genius theorys.

With the evidence-SO FAR-it seems Zimmerman's story is extremely acurate. Do you agree? :dunno:

Or has the biased media's story been more acurate? :dunno:

You call out strike to aswer your question. How about answering this. :dunno:

Why would I respond? I never said he shouldn't or wouldn't be charged. And that's only one thing you said. You said a lot of other things, mostly idiotic. But please keep posting in this thread. The more you post, the dumber you look, and the less likely it seems you're actually an attorney. No attorney I've met, and I know a lot of them, has the type of thought processes you've exhibited in this thread. I especially liked the guilty until proven innocent schtick.

:thumbsup:

You got nothing, so you're reverting to your typical childish assaults on my career. Pathetic.

That's a fair point about adrenaline, but why wouldn't the EMTs have basically forced him to go to the hospital? Usually they do. Even for a relatively minor traffic accident, they usually want you to go to the hospital just to cover all the bases.

They can't?

This continues to be the dumbest argument in a sea of dumb arguments. Is somebody supposed to wait until they are unconscious to act? Isn't it kinda late then? :rolleyes:

You call out strike to aswer your question. How about answering this. :dunno:

I don't think Zimmerman's story about being ambushed and beaten mercilessly by Martin is accurate. It makes no sense. With regard to the rest, who knows? Maybe Martin did become angry that Zimmerman was following him and confronted him. Doesn't mean deadly force was justified.

We'll see what a jury thinks. It's gonna be tough for Zimmerman because he may have to take the stand, since noone can corroborate his story.

You got nothing, so you're reverting to your typical childish assaults on my career. Pathetic.

It's not an attack. It's an opinion based on your posts. Seriously, tell us a little bit more about your legal background. What type of law do you practice? Is it criminal? How long have you been practicing? Do you really think your thought processes and opinions posted in this thread are "lawyer" worthy? If so, I suggest you go read the equivalent thread at FBG's. They have a lot of attorneys over there and pretty much all of them except for one are much better spoken from a thought process than you. Agree with them or not, you have to respect their thought processes and legal knowledge. I don't think anyone reading this thread can say the same for you. If you're a lawyer, you come off as a hack. Sorry but it's true.

It's not an attack. It's an opinion based on your posts. Seriously, tell us a little bit more about your legal background. What type of law do you practice? Is it criminal? How long have you been practicing? Do you really think your thought processes and opinions posted in this thread are "lawyer" worthy? If so, I suggest you go read the equivalent thread at FBG's. They have a lot of attorneys over there, and pretty much all of them except for one, are much better spoken from a thought process than you. Agree with them or not, you have to respect their thought processes and legal knowledge. I don't think anyone reading this thread can say the same for you. If you're a lawyer, you come off as a hack. Sorry but it's true.

No need to apologize for your opinion - it isn't worth the ground I spit on anyways.

I'm not giving you info about my work because of all the creeps here who would potentially use it against me. You guys are obsessed with me, probably because I kick your ass constantly on here. Your obsession is flattering but I'd rather not encourage it all the same.

You might want to read this link:

http://id44.com/EMT%20Test%20Questions,%20EMT%20Test%20Answers,%20%20EMT%20Test%20Reasoning.html