• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Funchess has been on a roll but I dont see him doing much of anything this week vs Xavier Rhodes who just held Julio down all week. If you dont get a TD out of Funchess I could see a 4 for 56 type of game

#2 pee-diddy

pee-diddy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Wonder if that means G Olsen goes off this week?

#3 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

You are right....Xavier is the real deal. Am sitting Funchess for D. Adams, Gordon, and the Freak.

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#4 Beyond Chaos

Beyond Chaos

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

I bought into the Rhodes hype on Thanksgiving.  Didn't work out so well against Marvin Jones.

#5 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

You sure he wasnt on golden tate who did absolutely nothing in that game?

I bought into the Rhodes hype on Thanksgiving.  Didn't work out so well against Marvin Jones.

#6 Beyond Chaos

Beyond Chaos

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

You sure he wasnt on golden tate who did absolutely nothing in that game?

No, I'm not.  I didn't watch the game, either.  I do know that leading up to the game most of the so-called analysts I read were stating that Rhodes was going to cover Jones which is why I sat him against my own instinct.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think Funchess is a good play.  I'm just saying caveat emptor on the whole Rhodes deal.  I am still kicking myself in the butt for sitting Jones.

#7 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Theres only a couple experts I ever listen too. Matt Kelley, Evan Silva, JJ Zachariason, and Rich Hribar. Podcasts are your best friend, tv analysts are by far the worst

No, I'm not.  I didn't watch the game, either.  I do know that leading up to the game most of the so-called analysts I read were stating that Rhodes was going to cover Jones which is why I sat him against my own instinct.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think Funchess is a good play.  I'm just saying caveat emptor on the whole Rhodes deal.  I am still kicking myself in the butt for sitting Jones.

#8 Beyond Chaos

Beyond Chaos

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

Theres only a couple experts I ever listen too. Matt Kelley, Evan Silva, JJ Zachariason, and Rich Hribar. Podcasts are your best friend, tv analysts are by far the worst

I don't watch TV (unless it's a Steelers game or a game I can livestream on the computer).  It was a combination of either Rotoworld (I've learned they are far from reliable for anything but transactions, inactives, and stats), FantasyPros, and/or here (FFToday).  I believed it because it was confirmed by more than one source and I think at least one of them stated Rhodes covered Jones in past meetings.  Thanks for the recommendations.  I may have to check them out.  I've heard of Evan Silva but none of the others.

#9 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

ITunes if you have a iPhone; The Late Round Podcast and Roto Underworld Podcast are the two I stick by

I don't watch TV (unless it's a Steelers game or a game I can livestream on the computer).  It was a combination of either Rotoworld (I've learned they are far from reliable for anything but transactions, inactives, and stats), FantasyPros, and/or here (FFToday).  I believed it because it was confirmed by more than one source and I think at least one of them stated Rhodes covered Jones in past meetings.  Thanks for the recommendations.  I may have to check them out.  I've heard of Evan Silva but none of the others.

#10 LaChup

LaChup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

The Funchess is amongst us!

#11 vino

vino

FF Geek

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

yep, benched him for Sanu in one and Tate in another.  I don't want any part of Rhodes this weekend.  And if Funchess goes off all the more power to him.

btw, wasn't Marvin Jones the ONLY exception to the rule this year?