Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Josh Gordon is getting released. He is done.

Think it is worth trying to buy low on him today? Thinking of throwing Jordy Nelson for him, and trying to buy low on him. If he fails another drug test then I made a bad gamble, but If he goes to a better team then maybe I win the gamble. Think it is worth the headache?

If you have solid WR's and the cost is just Jordy Nelson, sure why not roll the dice for that low of a risk.

If you have solid WR's and the cost is just Jordy Nelson, sure why not roll the dice for that low of a risk.

I'm doing the same, offered K. Cole for him. He also has Wentz, Jeffery, Fournette, Freeman. His whole team is on ir

Cleveland has given him 6 years to get his stuff together and he is still a mess. Why would any other team even want him?

Even if someone does trade for him. He's gonna be a worthless pick up until very late in the season.

Haha immediately I was rejected. It was fun for a second.

If you have the room I would strongly consider rostering Antonio Callaway. Another head case, but also very talented, worth it for free.

Think it is worth trying to buy low on him today? Thinking of throwing Jordy Nelson for him, and trying to buy low on him. If he fails another drug test then I made a bad gamble, but If he goes to a better team then maybe I win the gamble. Think it is worth the headache?

Why not? IMO offering Jordy is just barely a step up from guys you could find on the WW...

• Like 1

Why not? IMO offering Jordy is just barely a step up from guys you could find on the WW...

I am not buying that yet. It has been 1 week against a great defense. This defense is on a level with the Broncos of a few years ago. Carr does not look good, but he has to throw to someone. He doesn't like Cooper. It's just a fact. He needs to throw to someone, and Nelson is going to be that veteran who uses his route running to be trusted by Carr.

Here is the other thing, Josh Gordon is worse than what you can find on the WW. People are still creaming themselves over Gordon, even after he was reported to be high as a fvcking kite when he arrived at the Browns facility this week. I would rather have Jordy than a guy who isn't even going to play a single snap. The Patriots are not going to trade for a drug addict. Even if they did, they would cut him in a week after he showed up high again. Dude can't keep his nose clean. It's an unfortunate demon that is going to cost him his incredible physical talent. Some people are going to use no matter what opportunities they would otherwise have. He is one of them. He is a scrub when it comes to fantasy value.

Here is the other thing, Josh Gordon is worse than what you can find on the WW. People are still creaming themselves over Gordon, even after he was reported to be high as a fvcking kite when he arrived at the Browns facility this week. I would rather have Jordy than a guy who isn't even going to play a single snap. The Patriots are not going to trade for a drug addict. Even if they did, they would cut him in a week after he showed up high again. Dude can't keep his nose clean. It's an unfortunate demon that is going to cost him his incredible physical talent. Some people are going to use no matter what opportunities they would otherwise have. He is one of them. He is a scrub when it comes to fantasy value.

This is something that we agree on. I, for one, am not going to "chase points" with this guy. IMO he is less than a speculative lotto ticket at this point.

He is done. I know there are dreams of him getting picked up and some kind of lottery ticket. This guy is a headcase that can't show up to practice on time. You think he is going to learn a new offense mid-season. He hasn't done much when playing on an offense he knows recently. Also, he is so emotionally fragile this release could rattle him.

If he gets dropped why not pick him up? If the news is bad just drop him again.

I'm still buying. It was typical dysfunctional Browns that put out the relapse reports when really they were justified cutting him being late and hurting himself at a photoshoot.

Jerry should send a late pick and a 24/7 security force to babysit him ala Dez then sit back and watch Gordon pay off.

If he gets dropped why not pick him up? If the news is bad just drop him again.

this i would agree with. but i wouldnt trade anyone of value for him

FYI

The Athletic's Jay Glazer reports Josh Gordon is not facing any further suspensions.

The Cleveland media -- which essentially serves as a mouthpiece for the Browns' organization --passed along innuenduo on Saturday that the team believed Gordon was "on the verge of a relapse," which of course is highly irresponsible to even come close to suggest. Per Glazer, Gordon was not on the hook for any further league discipline as of Friday. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora's explanation for Gordon's departure from the team made the most sense; La Canfora reported the Browns became fed up with Gordon for showing up late to the facility and not making all of his treatments for a previous hamstring injury.

Yup. I have him stashed as my #6... I have K. Allen, Juju, Godwin, A-Rob, and Golladay. Just picked up Calloway after the initial report on Saturday too. Got DJ Moore too (keeper league), but I may have to cut him - I have Zuerlein.

The long awaited Gordon comback is talked about for months. Everyone said he got himself together and is all ready to work again. Then he goes to work stoned after 5 years of wasting his life and getting suspended while people kept trying to help him. What would make Belichick want him?

Just heard The Pats trade is official for a 5th round pick.

• Like 1

The long awaited Gordon comback is talked about for months. Everyone said he got himself together and is all ready to work again. Then he goes to work stoned after 5 years of wasting his life and getting suspended while people kept trying to help him. What would make Belichick want him?

Have you seen who the Pats are rolling out at WR these days? They just got manhandled by the Jags, that won't fly in NE.

Just heard The Pats trade is official for a 5th round pick.

I assume they examined him because the report said his hamstring is healthy enough to play on Sunday.

surprised the Brownies got that much, but it is conditional that Gordon is active for 10 games or they send the Pats something back.

surprised the Brownies got that much, but it is conditional that Gordon is active for 10 games or they send the Pats something back.

Me too. But the 5th round pick is conditional. My guess is that the Pat's never have to pay it as I don't see Gordon lasting that long. Unless they put Gordon in lockdown for the rest of the season.

Me too. But the 5th round pick is conditional. My guess is that the Pat's never have to pay it as I don't see Gordon lasting that long. Unless they put Gordon in lockdown for the rest of the season.

I could be wrong but what they are reporting on Cle radio is if Gordon isn't active for 10 games the Browns have to send an undefined late round pick back, but the 5th rounder stays no matter what.

No, they always give up the 5th rounder. If Gordon doesn't play the 10 games they get back a "late round pick".

I could be wrong but what they are reporting on Cle radio is if Gordon isn't active for 10 games the Browns have to send an undefined late round pick back, but the 5th rounder stays no matter what.

That's risky.

Does this lower the Value of Hogan? I think it clearly raises the value of Brady.

Statement from Josh Gordon:

Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated

Likely won’t make a real impact til mid season if he even lasts that long. This is still a guy who hasn’t been a difference maker in half a decade and burned every bridge he’s crossed. Don’t overpay if you are buying him. I’d rather have Golladay or Agholor for example.

Except there's no actual evidence that he showed up high, or even evidence that this is the reason why the Browns let him go. A Cleveland Plains Dealer reporter (Cabot) indicated that, but there's zero evidence from anyone else that it's true.

Except there's no actual evidence that he showed up high, or even evidence that this is the reason why the Browns let him go. A Cleveland Plains Dealer reporter (Cabot) indicated that, but there's zero evidence from anyone else that it's true.

So the reporter is reporting false news on one of the players? That's odd. Usually those beat guys stay pretty loyal to the team. Well, after holding on to Gordon for 6 years now (even though they got only a total of 11 games out of him in his last 4+ years), something made the Browms snap.

So the reporter is reporting false news on one of the players? That's odd. Usually those beat guys stay pretty loyal to the team. Well, after holding on to Gordon for 6 years now (even though they got only a total of 11 games out of him in his last 4+ years), something made the Browms snap.

Well, I'm not there, so all I can say is that the reporter is reporting something that no one else is, and that other reporters are saying is irresponsible to say. Glazer, who usually has a pretty good line on things, says there's no word of a setback regarding his drug issues.

I mean...the guy was acting 'funny'--the day that he was late for a meeting because he hurt his leg at a photo shoot and was about to get released. I'd act funny too :)

Brady looks deep down the field for Gordon...TOUCHDOWN!!!

Gordon will get his sh!t together for Bill and Tom. Top 3 wr week 6 and beyond.