Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Giants at Cowboys: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Giants: LB Olivier Vernon, QB Kyle Lauletta, S Kamrin Moore, CB Michael Jordan, LB Tae Davis, C Evan Brown, C Spencer Pulley

Cowboys: QB Mike White, S Xavier Woods, DE Datone Jones, C Travis Frederick, OG Xavier Su’a-Filo, TE Dalton Schultz, DE Randy Gregory

Tavon Austin sighting!!

Sure pal, whats next, Sasquatch?

80 total yards and a TD in the first half, 65 yard TD catch

yeah but they can't do much other than throw screens to Barkley

Eli shouldve retired at halftime.

Along with their OL

Where are the guys who were hyping Manning this preseason?

*crickets*

These 5 yard passes to Barkley are why PPR sometimes sucks.

Ive played fantasy for 20 years. Never played a PPR. Why is it still a thing.

So many levels stupid, I'll just let it go. Have a good night.

Eh...

No scoring system is perfect but yeah that does suck

Where are the guys who were hyping Manning this preseason?

*crickets*

Don't know who hyped Eli but he wasn't the problem. 75 % completion even dinking and dunking is more than fine, plus he threw no INT. The line on the other hand, Huge Matzah Ball

Yeah. That game tonight highlighted why ppr can be sorta stupid. I was going against him in one league and had him in another.

So many levels stupid, I'll just let it go. Have a good night.

You too. Sleep tight. Have a great Monday.

• Like 1

Don't know who hyped Eli

Weepaws, I think.....among others

Doesn't matter because, heck, we all miss some....it's just that I have been in the DND Eli camp for awhile.

I have been trying to incorporate a way to make PPR better, but I havent found a site that will allow what I want for scoring

YPC/10 x catches

a dude that catches 3 balls for 60 yards that is worth 20/10 =2 x 3 +yards for 12 points total

a dude that catches 6 balls for 30 yards that is worth 5/10 =.5 x 6 +yards for 6 points total

just a way to make yards a bit more important than actual catches

notice both instances would be worth 9 points in PPR

another way is to add 1st downs = 1 point

What if you own Barkley? Cmon now.

No, he was on the other side of the coin

Don’t think Eli had a bad game, looks like he had great stats.

I still think he makes the HOF that’s about all I said about him.

I think this team is still going to win the nfc east.

After years of just doing ppr leagues, and this season all four leagues are non ppr.

I feel rekindle about ff again.

Don’t think I’ll do another ppr league.

Thanks.

Like I said all preseason, the Giants will start out 0-7. Manning is a terrible QB and a young RB is not what they needed to move the team forward.

Oh no, they will be the winner of the nfc east, unlike what you said.

Thanks.

With that OL that can't pick up a simple stunt or corner blitz? Same thing as last season.

The Giants aren't winning anything as long as their OL is complete trash.

Oh no they will win the nfc east.

We can classify this as a bold prediction.

They are not winning anything if they don't fix the line, but Eli has been fine 69% completion is far from terrible as you said.

I never understood why either. Dumbest. Thing. Ever. Why not a point per carry, per step, per breath? Scoring systems are out of control these days. Ill date myself here but I remember when our final scores where more "normal". Like 52-46 or something like that. Now? Its like "Hey man, I won my fantasy game by a score of 157.86 to 139.14. Great, lol.

As for the Giants? Ehhhh..... nope. Not going to be a good year. They have some exciting skill players but its going to be a frustrating year for them.

I never understood why either. Dumbest. Thing. Ever. Why not a point per carry, per step, per breath? Scoring systems are out of control these days. Ill date myself here but I remember when our final scores where more "normal". Like 52-46 or something like that. Now? Its like "Hey man, I won my fantasy game by a score of 157.86 to 139.14. Great, lol.

As for the Giants? Ehhhh..... nope. Not going to be a good year. They have some exciting skill players but its going to be a frustrating year for them.

Sounds like so much fun, keeping the same scoring system across the board for every league for 30 years and into the future. So much fun... :doh:

Sounds like so much fun, keeping the same scoring system across the board for every league for 30 years and into the future. So much fun... :doh:

If it aint broke, why mess with it? Scoring systems arent what make fantasy leagues fun. Its the competition, the comraderie and all of that stuff. IMO, frequent scoring system changes, especially in keepr leagues are a BAD thing. People just cant fathom that so and so player got zero points so they have to drum up ways to get them points. Its lame.

If it aint broke, why mess with it? Scoring systems arent what make fantasy leagues fun. Its the competition, the comraderie and all of that stuff. IMO, frequent scoring system changes, especially in keepr leagues are a BAD thing. People just cant fathom that so and so player got zero points so they have to drum up ways to get them points. Its lame.

Where is an example where a scoring system made a 0 point player relevant?

Gotta say that I agree. Commish 4 non-ppr leagues, and insist on no change in scoring settings to preserve historic scoring records, and to keep down the guys who are constantly hollering about needing a change.

Hey, I'm not against ppr leagues or "change" in general......just prefer an even flow in my ff life.

Highest paid WR in the game: check.

2nd overall pick on a Rb: check

1st round pick on TE: check

Aging, slow QB: check.

Division AA offensive line that couldn't block a shadow: check.

Why not just play TD and FG only then? Why give any players points if they are not actually scoring a TD in the game itself?

I have played in a wide variety of scoring systems over the years and have found that the more skilled players can adapt to variety.

If not then you're just a systems guy.

Besides, it's supposed to be fun. It's more fun to have more scoring and bigger scores than just seeing who scored a TD.

As long as there is some resemblance to relevance to real football and there is a good balance, I don't see why it matters.