Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Bye Bye Meals On Wheels

If you have family members using meals on wheels, I guess you'll have to step up to the plate and take care of your loved ones.

I've been stepping up to the plate. I don't need it. It would be nice. But I would be abusing the system if I did.

They elected a greedy billionaire. Is anyone really surprised that he is looking out for his fellow rich folks? Trump has never given a fock about anyone except himself.

Hillary didn't win dummy

Meals on Wheels is a joke! 3/4 of the food is wasted and most of the people are forced on it by lazy non caring relatives.

Meals on Wheels is a joke! 3/4 of the food is wasted and most of the people are forced on it by lazy non caring relatives.

:banana: :clap:

:banana: :clap:

Sounds like Phurfur didn't like what they delivered him today. Did they forget your pudding again, old pal?

• Like 1

Just like Michelle Obamas school food program. The kids throw most of it away.

As someone with family members that use this service...

How many of them voted for Trump and sense the irony?

Dude school lunch does not look like that in the US. Here is a more accurate picture, from your most trusted news source, CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/michelle-obama-healthy-hunger-free-kids-act/

Knob.

Also, I hate this argument, well you should be grateful because in X they have to do to eat this.. when did the standard for what we do or have become comparing ourselves to third world countries? I really don't give a fock. What does your moral compass say about that?

Dude school lunch does not look like that in the US. Here is a more accurate picture, from your most trusted news source, CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/michelle-obama-healthy-hunger-free-kids-act/

Knob.

I actually have kids you focking tool. I think I know what the school cafeteria serves. Got the focking menu on my fridge.

But go ahead and keep talking about taxes for programs for your imaginary millennial family, while I literally paid more in taxes last year than you made in salary (i recall you saying you made around 40k a year from another thread).

And why can't parents pack a lunch for their kids? Why does it have to be some govt program?

I actually have kids you focking tool. I think I know what the school cafeteria serves. Got the focking menu on my fridge.

But go ahead and keep talking about taxes for programs for your imaginary millennial family, while I literally paid more in taxes last year than you made in salary (i recall you saying you made around 40k a year from another thread).

My sister is 17 and she is a senior in high school, I know just as well as you what they eat. Because your wife birthed the person, doesn't mean you know more than me.

You need to work on your finances. Just sayin.

My sister is 17 and she is a senior in high school, I know just as well as you what they eat. Because your wife birthed the person, doesn't mean you know more than me.

Actually it focking does. But you're still in that early stage of life, where you're too dumb to know how little you really know. Check back with me in 20 years.

Actually it focking does. But you're still in that early stage of life, where you're too dumb to know how little you really know. Check back with me in 20 years.

No it doesn't?

So I should pay higher taxes for social programs I will never use, and the end result is it makes it harder for me to take care of my own family? What does your moral compass say about that?

Are my morals messed up because I could give two focks about a family I'll never meet when it makes it harder to take care of my own?

I like to think of it this way. We could cut every social program out there. We could cut aid to the elderly. In the short term the main tax payers would see more money coming back to them.

When we cut social programs it means the now considered poor will have an even harder time surviving. Some will still find a way, but a lot wont. What do you think those people will do if they believe the rest of the country has basically said Fock you, I am not subsidizing your worthless life any more? They are going to survive any way they can. I can't imagine the crime rate wouldn't go up dramatically as the poor then don't give two shlts about how their actions have an affect on the middle and upper class. They don't stand a chance by being good law obiding citizens, so why should they care about any laws as it is?

The typical answer usually goes along the lines of Well get more jobs then!!! First, if every working age eligible person entered the work force, there wouldn't be enough jobs for everyone anyway. Someone is going to have to be jobless. Even if there were enough jobs to go around, there has to be minimum wage jobs for businesses to be profitable. Either way, if there is no social program to help these people, it no longer becomes Well the poor are starving and dying. Nope. A crime wave will hit and turn this country into Mexico or one of those other real murder capitals of the world.

So while I can understand not wanting to pay someone else's burden, it probably only means you were fortunate enough to have grown up in a family that was able to provide enough for you without assitance. I know my mom had to rely on WICS to get by for a while when she was a single mom with three kids.

It does surprise me that you feel this way since you seem to have some type of interest in deep thought, like in the space stuff we were talking about. It's pretty easy to poke holes into your philosophy about cutting social programs without even looking up exact numbers.

• Like 1

I like to think of it this way. We could cut every social program out there. We could cut aid to the elderly. In the short term the main tax payers would see more money coming back to them.

When we cut social programs it means the now considered poor will have an even harder time surviving. Some will still find a way, but a lot wont. What do you think those people will do if they believe the rest of the country has basically said Fock you, I am not subsidizing your worthless life any more? They are going to survive any way they can. I can't imagine the crime rate wouldn't go up dramatically as the poor then don't give two shlts about how their actions have an affect on the middle and upper class. They don't stand a chance by being good law obiding citizens, so why should they care about any laws as it is?

The typical answer usually goes along the lines of Well get more jobs then!!! First, if every working age eligible person entered the work force, there wouldn't be enough jobs for everyone anyway. Someone is going to have to be jobless. Even if there were enough jobs to go around, there has to be minimum wage jobs for businesses to be profitable. Either way, if there is no social program to help these people, it no longer becomes Well the poor are starving and dying. Nope. A crime wave will hit and turn this country into Mexico or one of those other real murder capitals of the world.

So while I can understand not wanting to pay someone else's burden, it probably only means you were fortunate enough to have grown up in a family that was able to provide enough for you without assitance. I know my mom had to rely on WICS to get by for a while when she was a single mom with three kids.

It does surprise me that you feel this way since you seem to have some type of interest in deep thought, like in the space stuff we were talking about. It's pretty easy to poke holes into your philosophy about cutting social programs without even looking up exact numbers.

Only people that believe in social programs and helping everyone (unrealistic) can have deep thought and think about things like space and time travel? I am just disciplined I know what free market capitalism can do, and I understand in every system there are flaws, but to me, free market capitalism is the only way to go. There are people that suffer in every system, and since that is the case, may as well use the best one.

I have to add this too. Even if cutting all social programs was a success and crime rates didn't go up. We would have a shorter life span overall as the elderly who can't afford coverage die younger. More poor would starve and die along with their children. We already see how people react in general when they see their situation as hopeless with no way to improve it, but for this part let's assume they don't cause a raucous and just accept they are poor and try to eek out an existence without any aid. For the most part, they are docile.

So us middle class and upper class civilized people, does the economy work more splendid than ever? Now that the poor have less money to spend is there no economic impact that may force decent paying jobs to be cut back? I would assume that there would be. Now some of us who thought we were in the clear are losing our jobs.

Now let's move on to the social and humane aspects. As the poor and old die off and we neglect them, what does that say about us as people, as a society? It means we now take on the mentality of 90sbaby. We don't care about anyone else as long as we are getting ours. Do you know what this sounds like? It sounds like every middle east or south American or African country that has murder and wars and a very unhappy population. It sounds like the breeding ground for corruption. No one cares about anyone else, so when anyone gets ahead and gets into power, they take advantage of the situation while siphoning off whatever they can to benefit themselves. If I don't care about my neighbor, then why would I care if I screw them over at all? Also, I know for a fact the burden of taking care of our parents and grandparents would expand greatly. Now you have to pay our of pocket for your mom's $80k surgery. Unless of course you don't care because it isn't you who needs the surgery.

So before you assume your tax dollars are wasted on those worthless poor or old, think a little deeper about the impact removing their aid would have.

• Like 1

Only people that believe in social programs and helping everyone (unrealistic) can have deep thought and think about things like space and time travel? I am just disciplined I know what free market capitalism can do, and I understand in every system there are flaws, but to me, free market capitalism is the only way to go. There are people that suffer in every system, and since that is the case, may as well use the best one.

Uh... I just said you are capable of it, even though you don't believe in it. I think you are greatly underestimating the problems a lack of social programs would cause. Where do you think the worst social programs are located in our world. I would assume the middle east, Africa, and South America, or at least the countries we would see as poor and dangerous. While Europe and Canada spend more on social programs percentage wise than we do most likely, or it is at least comparable, I would say the countries than spend more on them have a happier populace. It seems like a pretty simple way to look at it.

Dumbest post on this board's history goes to you. Congrats

No...Strikes post in the campaign chair and kid in the hotel takes that.

Uh... I just said you are capable of it, even though you don't believe in it. I think you are greatly underestimating the problems a lack of social programs would cause. Where do you think the worst social programs are located in our world. I would assume the middle east, Africa, and South America, or at least the countries we would see as poor and dangerous. While Europe and Canada spend more on social programs percentage wise than we do most likely, or it is at least comparable, I would say the countries than spend more on them have a happier populace. It seems like a pretty simple way to look at it.

See post #25

I have to add this too. Even if cutting all social programs was a success and crime rates didn't go up. We would have a shorter life span overall as the elderly who can't afford coverage die younger. More poor would starve and die along with their children. We already see how people react in general when they see their situation as hopeless with no way to improve it, but for this part let's assume they don't cause a raucous and just accept they are poor and try to eek out an existence without any aid. For the most part, they are docile.

So us middle class and upper class civilized people, does the economy work more splendid than ever? Now that the poor have less money to spend is there no economic impact that may force decent paying jobs to be cut back? I would assume that there would be. Now some of us who thought we were in the clear are losing our jobs.

Now let's move on to the social and humane aspects. As the poor and old die off and we neglect them, what does that say about us as people, as a society? It means we now take on the mentality of 90sbaby. We don't care about anyone else as long as we are getting ours. Do you know what this sounds like? It sounds like every middle east or south American or African country that has murder and wars and a very unhappy population. It sounds like the breeding ground for corruption. No one cares about anyone else, so when anyone gets ahead and gets into power, they take advantage of the situation while siphoning off whatever they can to benefit themselves. If I don't care about my neighbor, then why would I care if I screw them over at all? Also, I know for a fact the burden of taking care of our parents and grandparents would expand greatly. Now you have to pay our of pocket for your mom's $80k surgery. Unless of course you don't care because it isn't you who needs the surgery.

So before you assume your tax dollars are wasted on those worthless poor or old, think a little deeper about the impact removing their aid would have.

You can tell everything you need to know about a society based on how they treat their elderly. The same goes for individuals.

• Like 1

You can tell everything you need to know about a society based on how they treat their elderly. The same goes for individuals.

I agree. I would never play in an out of state softball tournament on mothers day weekend. That is a specials day to honor and show respect for our mothers. Ingrate.

• Like 1

A crime wave will hit and turn this country into Mexico or one of those other real murder capitals of the world.

Ah, the tried and true argument - threaten crime skyrocketing anytime welfare cuts are discussed. It's bs.

I agree. I would never play in an out of state softball tournament on mothers day weekend. That is a specials day to honor and show respect for our mothers. Ingrate.

Did you get that in your notebook, loser. Might be a good one to bring up in 2024.

See post #25

Ok I didn't see that you were at least open to any welfare system. The post I quoted seemed like you were in favor of none.

I also think you may be barking up the wrong tree in a way. I can't argue that there is wasteful spending on social programs. Where I think there may be more of a problem though is multi faceted, none of which involves the poor. Government employees who can collect multiple full pensions. Pointless government positions filled to keep family employed. Not holding the banking system to a more rigid standard after they caused the great recession, and then allowed their CEOs to still collect their $25 million bonuses. It's stuff like that I think should be addressed before we start blaming the poor for our higher taxes.

And like I said, I am willing to bet that the countries who do more with social programs are the happier countries and more desirable ones to live in. Can you dispute that?

Ah, the tried and true argument - threaten crime skyrocketing anytime welfare cuts are discussed. It's bs.

So you think the poor slum neighborhoods won't see an increase in crime if welfare is cut?

The complete dumb in this is astounding. Cutting needed social programs to justify the increases in dumb military spending is just nuts....as well as more tax cuts that don't benefit the middle class.

More tanks and middles...just what we dont need.

• Like 1

Ok I didn't see that you were at least open to any welfare system. The post I quoted seemed like you were in favor of none.

I also think you may be barking up the wrong tree in a way. I can't argue that there is wasteful spending on social programs. Where I think there may be more of a problem though is multi faceted, none of which involves the poor. Government employees who can collect multiple full pensions. Pointless government positions filled to keep family employed. Not holding the banking system to a more rigid standard after they caused the great recession, and then allowed their CEOs to still collect their $25 million bonuses. It's stuff like that I think should be addressed before we start blaming the poor for our higher taxes.

And like I said, I am willing to bet that the countries who do more with social programs are the happier countries and more desirable ones to live in. Can you dispute that?

I'd imagine it's the same there as it is here. Those who think they'd be fine without any social services are miserable and constantly bellyaching, and everyone else is happy. I highly doubt that the US has a monopoly on greedy, selfish bastards.

• Like 1

Did you read anything else? I was talking in extremes, as in if we cut all social programs. I thought I glossed over details sometimes... this thread takes the cake. If you read further I said I do agree that social programs could definitely be refined.

How about that high priced prostitute, Melania, gets her whoor-ass out of Trump Tower and into the White House. Use the security savings to feed the elderly.

I for one love welfare and food stamps and especially giant housing projects in shitty parts of the city. Keep them isolated and contained.

How about that high priced prostitute, Melania, gets her whoor-ass out of Trump Tower and into the White House. Use the security savings to feed the elderly.

Ah those millions and that we pay for him to pay himself in mar a Lago are fine

Ah those millions and that we pay for him to pay himself in mar a Lago are fine

Of course. The conservative way. Always better to give two billionaires more rather than spread it out amongst a thousand less fortunate.

• Like 1

Another great point. The extra money we have to spend so that Melania can be extra comfortable. I don't get why more people don't rail against the rich and corrupt, since per individual they take up like thousands of percent more wasted money than the poor individually. And it's the middle class that's always bitching about the poor! I don't see why some people have those blinders on.

Just looking at GDP for social programs, the top 28 for the most part are decent countries most of us would feel comfortable living in. It's no surprise to me. Mexico is actually just below the US. So then a quality of social spending should be delved into, but I think we get the general idea. Now this list includes education which is why the US is so low.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Social-welfare-spending/%3E-%25-of-GDP/Excluding-education

Here are the most generous welfare programs

https://www.google.com/amp/247wallst.com/special-report/2016/11/30/countries-with-the-most-generous-welfare-programs/amp/

I am not saying we need to spend the most, but there is an obvious correlation imo from how "good" and happy a country is to how well they take care of their poor. It indicates more compassion for their fellow countrymen, which I think is a good thing for the health of a nation.

I agree absolutely 100%, but I also think you can do both. And I don't blame the poor, I blame the government for making poor people poor and then giving them no reason to ever be anything else.

No they are happier, but they also have a sense of unity. If I moved to China, no matter how bad I wanted to be Chinese I never could, however if you turn the tables, they can become American.