Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Another feather in Obama's foreign policy hat

How many feathers did he lose for his apology and offer to possibly hand over and in the very least punish the guys who accidentally burnt a couple filthy korans ?

Aren't a few of you leftists former military ? You cool with that foreign policy ?

How many feathers did he lose for his apology and offer to possibly hand over and in the very least punish the guys who accidentally burnt a couple filthy korans ?

Aren't a few of you leftists former military ? You cool with that foreign policy ?

The apology and offer to punish (assuming that burning them was against some orders)? No problem.

Offer to possibly hand over? No dice.

And calling the Koran filthy? Nice. Stay classy. ;)

The apology and offer to punish (assuming that burning them was against some orders)? No problem.

You bet ...filthiest book on the planet. The root of most of the worlds current problems.

You bet ...filthiest book on the planet. The root of most of the worlds current problems.

Ever read it? It is virtually identical in most respects to the Torah or the Bible.

Ever read it? It is virtually identical in most respects to the Torah or the Bible.

Yes, most of it ...would you like me to post some gems from it ?,

And isn't your boy obamy kind of violaing that whole separation of church and state you guys care so much about with the multiple apologies ?

Or is it only Christianity that gets you hypocrites up in arms ?

Yes, most of it ...would you like me to post some gems from it ?,

And isn't your boy obamy kind of violaing that whole separation of church and state you guys care so much about with the multiple apologies ?

Or is it only Christianity that gets you hypocrites up in arms ?

Again, most of it is identical to the Bible, so why bother posting gems from it.

So far as church and state goes... No, it is proper for Obama, the Head of State, to apologize for something done in his country that deeply offends a large portion of the world's population, and try to avoid any retailatory measures.

And no, Seperation of State and Church applies to all religions. It just so happens that, in this country, Christianity is the overdog.

Were the sanctions against N Korea implemented under Obama, or did he inherit that policy? :rolleyes:

Jeebus, they will say the right thing to get the food, and then turn around and continue their nuke program.......business as usual.

But hey, if you think you need to tout this as a major accomplishment of Zero be my guest. :doublethumbsup:

So far as church and state goes... No, it is proper for Obama, the Head of State, to apologize for something done in his country that deeply offends a large portion of the world's population, and try to avoid any retailatory measures.

How's that working out for Zero?

How's that working out for Zero?

I don't recall any major buildings coming down during his presidency. :dunno:

It boils down to this. Approaching Islam, which is not going anywhere, no matter how much you might wish it would, with drobs' attitude is going to do nothing but perpetuate the cycle of hate.

You sit down with them, treat them with minimal respect, and try your best to find a way to work together. That's what diplomacy is.

Calling them the Axis of Evil and whatnot may score points with mouth breathing voters back home, but it makes the world a more dangerous place in general.

The fact is, most of the Muslim community worldwide are not terrorists, and should be treated with respect. And all you are doing when you demonize them and play to the crowd is helping the percentage that ARE terrorists make their case.

A real commander in chief would never appease the enemy.

Fort hood happened under his watch, just because he doesn't want to call it a terrorist act or even an act of radical Islam does not mean it is not.

Radical Islam exists ...its a real problem, pretending it doesn't exist is pathetic and weak.

I don't recall any major buildings coming down during his presidency. :dunno:

It boils down to this. Approaching Islam, which is not going anywhere, no matter how much you might wish it would, with drobs' attitude is going to do nothing but perpetuate the cycle of hate.

You sit down with them, treat them with minimal respect, and try your best to find a way to work together. That's what diplomacy is.

Calling them the Axis of Evil and whatnot may score points with mouth breathing voters back home, but it makes the world a more dangerous place in general.

The fact is, most of the Muslim community worldwide are not terrorists, and should be treated with respect. And all you are doing when you demonize them and play to the crowd is helping the percentage that ARE terrorists make their case.

Wow! We are talking about this issue, not 9/11.

How many have been killed by those "peaceful mooslims" since Obama apologized? Seems I heard around 50. So, his groveling to terrorists didn't stop any of their assinine ways.

But throw 9/11 out there whenever you get your ass handed to you. :rolleyes:

Oh, and since "most of the Muslim community worldwide are not terrorists", I'm sure there are millions of them out there condemning these murders. No? Ok, hundreds of thousands. No? Ok, thousands? No? Ok, hundreds? No......nobody?

Hmmmmm.........

A real commander in chief would never appease the enemy.

Fort hood happened under his watch, just because he doesn't want to call it a terrorist act or even an act of radical Islam does not mean it is not.

Radical Islam exists ...its a real problem, pretending it doesn't exist is pathetic and weak.

We do not have an enemy, since we are not at war.

And the Fort Hood Shooter was an AMERICAN Army Officer.

So by your logic, when an abortion clinic gets blown up by Christian Americans, the President should act as if we are at war with Christians? Allow, or even encourage Bible burnings?

What about the Virginia Tech shooter? Does that create a state of War with Asians?

You cannot use the actions of a handful of crazy people as a basis for declaring yourself at war with a religion of several BILLION people. That is irresponsible and stupid.

So by your logic, when an abortion clinic gets blown up by Christian Americans, the President should act as if we are at war with Christians? Allow, or even encourage Bible burnings?

What about the Virginia Tech shooter? Does that create a state of War with Asians?

You cannot use the actions of a handful of crazy people as a basis for declaring yourself at war with a religion of several BILLION people. That is irresponsible and stupid.

1. The Fort Hood shooter was Muslim. That is a "religion", not a nationality. He was a Muslim terrorist.

2. Christians line up to condemn any nutjob who blows up an abortion clinic. Muslims, not so much.

3. Dude was crazy. Asians have not publicly announced "Death To America", Muslims have.

4. Bible burnings? Why yes, the Military has burned Bibles under Obama. Just so they wouldn't offend Muslims. :doh:

Radical Islam isn't an enemy or a problem ? You're kidding right ?

It's the biggest enemy of modern civilization.

And the fort hood dude screamed Allah arkbar as he killed our men. Pretty sure that makes the whole radical Islam theory a slam dunk.

Obama is an Islam apologist, that feeds their fervor.

It's a hopeful sign that this Kim will be smarter than his father and grandfather. I'ms so glad that Obama is the President during this time of great changes around the globe. GOP foreign policy dingbats are so extremely embarrassing they need to remain in a padded cell and ignored like they are now.

It's a hopeful sign that this Kim will be smarter than his father and grandfather. I'ms so glad that Obama is the President during this time of great changes around the globe. GOP foreign policy dingbats are so extremely embarrassing they need to remain in a padded cell and ignored like they are now.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this Kim as well. Hopefully we won't have a Groundhog Day moment where, like his dad, he just took the food for a short term fix and went back to working on his nukes. :cheers:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this Kim as well. Hopefully we won't have a Groundhog Day moment where, like his dad, he just took the food for a short term fix and went back to working on his nukes. :cheers:

If he does, what did we really lose?

My wife's first reaction to the new Kim was "That man is so ugly." I withheld judgment but was expecting no upside. Maybe the place would destabilize, but I do't know if that would be good or bad. Anyways, I wasn't expecting to be optimistic, so it's a pleasant surprise.

While I agree with the Repubnecks that there's a 90% chance this is more of the same BS from NK, this development is slightly different in that they've changed their food demand to only nutritional assistance geared towards children, expectant mothers and the elderly. That eliminates the concern that normal food would end up on the table of some general or politician.

The generals and politicians always eat well. North Korea starves the masses so it can fund it's military build up. If we start feeding the populace of NK we are essentially funding their military.

Fukk em. That's not our responsibility. Let them take some money away from their military to feed their own people. Or let them starve to death. That's the only way you will finally get a revolt big enough for real reform.

Sending them food is dumb.

Is there any country that hasn't stuck it's d!ck in Obama's ass yet? His colon is prolapsed and leaking.

The generals and politicians always eat well. North Korea starves the masses so it can fund it's military build up. If we start feeding the populace of NK we are essentially funding their military.

Fukk em. That's not our responsibility. Let them take some money away from their military to feed their own people. Or let them starve to death. That's the only way you will finally get a revolt big enough for real reform.

I agree with this on the surface. Absolutely, let them fend for themselves. But I don't think we do sh!t for NK as much as we're working with the Chinese, Japanese, South Koreans. None of those countries want to see a revolt in NK. They don't want to deal with all the refugees and the destabilization of their 'hood. It's bad for business. Again, we could just let them take care of their own 'hood...but it's world politics man, and if I do you a solid, I'm getting something back in return.

Yeah, starving people revolt very well.

They were allowed to be executed by Afghans in some of the most secure buildings in the area... They were targeted and assassinated, and the military and administration allowed it to happen. I can't believe this isn't getting more coverage. 5 guys shot in the back of the head execution style...

Keep those apologies coming Zero... :rolleyes:

They were allowed to be executed by Afghans in some of the most secure buildings in the area... They were targeted and assassinated, and the military and administration allowed it to happen. I can't believe this isn't getting more coverage. 5 guys shot in the back of the head execution style...

I'm gonna need a link here. American servicemen were allowed, by the military and Obama, to be executed by Afghans? I don't buy it.

But I'll make you a deal... prove it, and I promise I will not vote for Obama.

Again, most of it is identical to the Bible, so why bother posting gems from it.

And no, Seperation of State and Church applies to all religions. It just so happens that, in this country, Christianity is the overdog.

Just like it is 'proper' for Iran to see this type of display as weakness and embolden themselves to messing further with the oil markets, causing a $5 spike from their refusal to trade with europe..Their Hormuz threat puts gas at $5 a gallon if they go through with it...

Funny N.Korea is playing us like a fiddle again, pretending to slow down their nuclear technology to extort their nations food supplies from us... Funny they have enough money for the food, but they put it into the military, but they tell us the military isn't a threat as long as we send food, so they get their food, and their military which they will once again threateningly use... Rinse and repeat for the last 30 years..

Just like it is 'proper' for Iran to see this type of display as weakness and embolden themselves to messing further with the oil markets, causing a $5 spike from their refusal to trade with europe..Their Hormuz threat puts gas at $5 a gallon if they go through with it...

What would you do? Go to war with Iran?

Funny N.Korea is playing us like a fiddle again, pretending to slow down their nuclear technology to extort their nations food supplies from us... Funny they have enough money for the food, but they put it into the military, but they tell us the military isn't a threat as long as we send food, so they get their food, and their military which they will once again threateningly use... Rinse and repeat for the last 30 years..

Again: what would you do? Try and work with the new leader in the hopes that you can sway him over to your side a bit, or ignore him and ensure that North Korea's lunacy continues?

I'm glad you don't have anything to do with diplomacy.

2 more today, ya there's nothing evil about that book at all... :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/03/01/2-troops-killed-by-afghan-soldier-civilian/

KABUL – Two American soldiers were killed Thursday in a shooting by an Afghan soldier and a literacy teacher at a joint base in southern Afghanistan, officials said, the latest in a series of deaths as anti-Americanism rises following the burning of Korans by U.S. soldiers.

Both were killed on the same day that the top NATO commander allowed a small number of foreign advisers to return to work at Afghan ministries after more than a week of being locked down in secure locations because of the killing of two other Americans.

Related Stories Obama says his apology over Koran burnings calmed anti-US violence in Afghanistan Some NATO advisers returning to Afghan ministries American gym teacher dies in north Iraq shooting Bombing near Turkey's ruling party headquarters injures 10 Liberia considers jailing homosexuals

Thursday's killings raised to six the number of Americans killed in less than two weeks amid heightened tensions over the Feb. 20 burning of Korans and other Islamic texts that had been dumped in a garbage pit at Bagram Air Field near Kabul. More than 30 Afghans also were killed in six days of violent riots that broke out after the incident.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/03/01/2-troops-killed-by-afghan-soldier-civilian/#ixzz1nswDA1OJ

I think we should pull out of Afghanistan right now. Fock it, let them go back to the Taliban or whatever it is they want.

That said, who are the focktards that burned the Korans? They are partially responsible for those deaths.

I'm gonna need a link here. American servicemen were allowed, by the military and Obama, to be executed by Afghans? I don't buy it.

But I'll make you a deal... prove it, and I promise I will not vote for Obama.

They were allowed because a bogus story that never should have met the light of day was paraded around as an international spectacle, with a full presidential apology to boot as fully legitimizing the activity...

6 soldiers, 30 people killed... Very fishy as to why this information would break... How it could be proven, its a complete joke this became a story. The military releases information strategically. How this story got out is very likely political...

Funny if you are a prisoner in their country, you don't get a holy book, a bible or anything, you get maltreatment and torture from people who basically live in the stone age... You don't give wackjobs like this bulletin board material, its complete lunacy... You tell them they are full of _hit and that their prisoners are well taken care of and well treated and they should be thankful for that.

Umm, he was trained by a guy who did this schtick for his entire career... Thats the NK playbook.

Yes, most of it

I'm calling BS on this. The only parts of the Koran drobeski has ever read were short snippets taken out of context on right-wing websites to work hardcore conservatives in to a tizzy. No way drobeski has read the actual Koran. None.

Umm, he was trained by a guy who did this schtick for his entire career... Thats the NK playbook.

Maybe he's different than his father? We don't really know and it can't hurt to give him a shot.