Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Made 2 big trades -- did I upgrade or degrade my team?

drafted team

themoz

Tom Brady

Andre Johnson

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Vincent Jackson

Roy Helu Jr

Mark Ingram

Sidney Rice

Ryan Williams

LaGarette Blount

Rashad Jennings

Andy Dalton

Rashard Mendenhall

Martellus Bennett

LaMichael James

Taiwan Jones

New England Defense

Olindo Mare

traded Brady, Helu , A. Johnson , J. Nelson , AJ Green for Cam Newton ,R. Rice , Megatron , Collie , and V. Brown

I traded him:

Ray Rice, Austin Collie, and Vincent Brown

for

Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, and Roy Helu

Jordy Nelson should make a pretty good WR #4.

I traded him:

for

Moz:

I think you got the better end of the deal. UPGRADE!

I traded him:

for

Ok, but Moz indicated the following:

traded Brady, Helu , A. Johnson , J. Nelson , AJ Green for Cam Newton ,R. Rice , Megatron , Collie , and V. Brown

Your post is missing Brady/Green on his part and Newton/Calvin for your part? So can we assume that Moz made a separate trade with someone else involving those missing pieces?

I think it really depends on what the total team looks like afterward. Also depends on the lineups/number of starters at each position. From a pure trade standpoint, I think MtSkiBum got the better end of the bargain just considering the players involved. However, Moz's addressed the hole in his lineup and his team may be better than it was before, which is the purpose of the trade. He was light in the RB department due to the injuries to Ryan Williams and Mendenhall and sudden competition for LeGarrett Blount. Getting Ray Rice softens those blows a bit. If Mendenhall and Williams come back healthy at some point this season, a weakness becomes a strength. However, an absolutely KILLER PPR WR core that was Andre Johnson/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice is now downgraded to (if I understand properly) Calvin Johnson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice/Austin Collie/Vincent Brown. That's a pretty big drop off. I personally would have probably made one of the trades involving the WR, but not both.

MTSkiBum, post your full roster and roster requirements, por favor.

Starting requirements are

QB:1

RB:1

WR:3

TE:1

DEF:1

Flex:2

PPR league

My team after the trade

Quarterback

Rivers, Philip

Running Back

Richardson, Trent

Wide Receivers

Johnson, Andre

Jones, Julio

Austin, Miles

Tight End

Finley, Jermichael

Flex

Nelson, Jordy

Helu, Roy

Defense

Steelers, Pittsburgh

Bench

Bradford, Sam

Schaub, Matt

Bush, Michael

Powell, Bilal

Scott, Bernard

Williams, DeAngelo

Moore, Lance NOS WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Your post is missing Brady/Green on his part and Newton/Calvin for your part? So can we assume that Moz made a separate trade with someone else involving those missing pieces?

I didn't understand that either.

If 10 players are involved in a trade, it's more of a team swap than a blockbuster trade. So the question isn't, "Did I upgrade my team?", it's "How does my new team look?" That being said, Brady vs. Newton look like a wash on paper. Rice is a enormous updgrade over Helu but I think the Johnson/Nelson/Green vs. Megatron/Collie/Brown tips the scale overall in favor of The Moz.

Ok, but Moz indicated the following:

I think it really depends on what the total team looks like afterward. Also depends on the lineups/number of starters at each position. From a pure trade standpoint, I think MtSkiBum got the better end of the bargain just considering the players involved. However, Moz's addressed the hole in his lineup and his team may be better than it was before, which is the purpose of the trade. He was light in the RB department due to the injuries to Ryan Williams and Mendenhall and sudden competition for LeGarrett Blount. Getting Ray Rice softens those blows a bit. If Mendenhall and Williams come back healthy at some point this season, a weakness becomes a strength. However, an absolutely KILLER PPR WR core that was Andre Johnson/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice is now downgraded to (if I understand properly) Calvin Johnson/Vincent Jackson/Sidney Rice/Austin Collie/Vincent Brown. That's a pretty big drop off. I personally would have probably made one of the trades involving the WR, but not both.

MTSkiBum, post your full roster and roster requirements, por favor.

I liked my deal trading Brady and AJ Green for Cam and Megatron the best.

my deal with Ski Jordy, AJ, Helu for Rice , VBrown , Collie -- I needed a RB and Rice is the best PPR rb in FF. AJ is always injured and Jordy isn't a great PPR guy - he's a TD guy. Collie has a good chance at being the #1 WR on Indy with Luck and V Brown a nice chance at beating out Royal for the slot or even out wide depending on camp. Watching VBrown I think he's the best WR they have. I view this trade as even as we both got what we wanted -- though not sure Ski needed to move Rice for some reason he wanted to badly.

I liked my deal trading Brady and AJ Green for Cam and Megatron the best.

my deal with Ski Jordy, AJ, Helu for Rice , VBrown , Collie -- I needed a RB and Rice is the best PPR rb in FF. AJ is always injured and Jordy isn't a great PPR guy - he's a TD guy. Collie has a good chance at being the #1 WR on Indy with Luck and V Brown a nice chance at beating out Royal for the slot or even out wide depending on camp. Watching VBrown I think he's the best WR they have. I view this trade as even as we both got what we wanted -- though not sure Ski needed to move Rice for some reason he wanted to badly.

Ok, understand now that the Brady-Newton thing was a separate deal. I'm with you, I don't think Jordy can sustain what he did last year. I personally expect him to get more catches but less big plays now that he's a more known threat on the Packers. Brown may be the lynchpin in this whole thing as he may end up being the top reception guy on the Chargers roster.

I didn't understand that either.

If 10 players are involved in a trade, it's more of a team swap than a blockbuster trade. So the question isn't, "Did I upgrade my team?", it's "How does my new team look?" That being said, Brady vs. Newton look like a wash on paper. Rice is a enormous updgrade over Helu but I think the Johnson/Nelson/Green vs. Megatron/Collie/Brown tips the scale overall in favor of The Moz.

if you would read the title of the thread you would see it was 2 separate trades. not a team swap at all :doh:

I think Moz hurt his team. He now has to start Sidney Rice and LaGarrett Blount.