cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

any geek opinions on this one? These guys are 3/5 of the black crowes if you haven't heard of them.

Apparently, some group replicated Toto's song about Africa? Why?

TOTO's personal interpretation of WEEZER's "Hash Pipe" can be streamed below. The smoking rendition of the song is a direct response to the runaway success being witnessed globally for WEEZER's covers of the hits "Africa" and "Rosanna".

TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather shares: "We were blown away at the response WEEZER got doing our old songs. They did a good job too, but we never saw hit records coming from it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-totos-cover-version-of-weezers-hash-pipe/

We need an old music I can't stop listening to thread.

I've been on a black crowes kick for about a year probably explains why I like that magpie salute song above.

I've been on a black crowes kick for about a year probably explains why I like that magpie salute song above.

Great choice. Just told that biotch Alexa to play me some. :cheers:

Just told that biotch Alexa to play me some. :cheers:

she gave good sunflower :headbanger:

Haken's new album is due out October 26th. I'll be seeing them on back-to-back nights in Portland (with my son) and Seattle (with my daughter) in November. Son and I saw them on their last tour and they put on a great show.

Here's the video for the first song released from the album:

The band Leprous is touring with them as well so I've been trying to familiarize myself with their discography. I was a bit "meh" on them at first but they're starting to grow on me. The singer's heavy use of high register takes some getting used to. Reminds me of Muse in places.

Not new but I stumbled across this last night. Not exactly sure what to think but I kinda dig it.

The original full-length album.

Howabout old music done differently?

Umphreys McGee randomly does "mashups" at their live shows where they take, two sometimes three classic old songs and cover them in one song all together. It's fun. :headbanger:

It was so popular they made an album of all the mashups called Zonkey.

Give these a listen:

I hadn't really heard of these guys but a couple buddies talked me into going to KC tonight to see a band called Dispatch. I've been listening to them since Tuesday and they sound pretty good. My friend traveled 2200 miles last summer following these guys around is what he told me :dunno:

• Like 1

I caught grandson this past Saturday and my focking gawd these guys are amazing live. If they come to a town near you, you should definitely check them out:

https://www.popdust.com/new-artist-grandson-is-at-the-front-of-the-rock-and-roll-evolution-2528596956.html

My facebook post after I got my photo with the lead singer Jordan after the show

This photo and our expressions totally encapsulate this moment. So a friend and I went to Des Moines last month to catch these guys and again this past Saturday at the Truman. In Des Moines I geeked out a bit when I met Jordan. So much so that as we finished chatting he handed me a band sticker almost out of pity and had to apologize to the person behind me for taking a bit too long :)

So this time that wasn't going to happen as I went to the back of the line. I started chatting with these two 13-yr old girls in front of me whose mom had dropped them off. We get to our turn and I introduce the girls and tell him they were 13 and their mom dropped them off to come to the show and before I could finish he interrupts me to say "hey I know you". I told the girls he might remember me and I think we were both impressed he actually remembered my first name.

This cat was very humble and is seriously one hell of a musician. I gave him my card and told him he had to invite me to his vinyl release party, something he said was about 8 months away (yes, this band is that new!) It was also really encouraging that he gave appreciation for the work I do. What a memorable night!

Haken's new album is due out October 26th. I'll be seeing them on back-to-back nights in Portland (with my son) and Seattle (with my daughter) in November. Son and I saw them on their last tour and they put on a great show.

Here's the video for the first song released from the album:

Next song from upcoming Haken album.

think I'm going to check these guys out in KC next Friday:

and another for good measure:

and I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Dispatch's "Location 13" album due out in November:

New High on Fire album just came out. Dudes into Motorhead and the likes will be into it.

One person has described it as "This record sounds like simultaneously taking a rip off a bong filled with bourbon instead of water and doing a line of cocaine off a hunting knife while riding a Harley through the desert at 100mph."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op9E1fhyV2Y

New High on Fire album just came out. Dudes into Motorhead and the likes will be into it.

One person has described it as "This record sounds like simultaneously taking a rip off a bong filled with bourbon instead of water and doing a line of cocaine off a hunting knife while riding a Harley through the desert at 100mph."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op9E1fhyV2Y

someone should trip lsd and go to their concert

and I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Dispatch's "Location 13" album due out in November:

Sounds kind of like a modern take on Jimmy Buffet. Not something I'd listen to regularly, but definitely going to add to the playlist for kicking back and barbecuing in the summer.

Sounds kind of like a modern take on Jimmy Buffet. Not something I'd listen to regularly, but definitely going to add to the playlist for kicking back and barbecuing in the summer.

They've been around since '96, but I really hadn't heard of them until a couple friends invited me to tag along for a show a few weeks ago. I started listening to their album "Location 12" and fell in love. "Location 13" comes out mid-November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispatch_(band)

Great song:

Dispatch's album location 13 came out today

when was about 12-15 i listened to hard rock/heavy metal. around 15 i started listening to some punk and ska.... this band from san diego makes me a little nostalgic for for those times....

• Like 1

when was about 12-15 i listened to hard rock/heavy metal. around 15 i started listening to some punk and ska.... this bad from san diego makes me a little nostalgic for for those times....

Nice. I like this

Riverside is a prog band from Poland. Just bought tix to see them with my son next May.

Guitar work in second half of this song reminds me of David Gilmour.