Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9 is back!

12 team serpentine draft.... . 5 ppr

do i trade my 3 and 6 round pick for a 2 and 9 round pick?

my 31 and 66 picks for his 17 and 98?

12 team league we play QB, WR, WR,WR, RB, RB, W/R, W/T, K, DEF plus 3 Bench players.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

WR Terrell Owens

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

WR Jerricho Cotchery

RB Frank Gore

RB Selvin Young

TE Jason Witten

W/T Zach Miller

W/R Rashard Mendenhall

K Stephen Gostkowski

DEF Minnesota

BN Sidney Rice

BN Bobby Engram

BN Eli Manning

Would you make any moves? I've noticed a bunch of people picking up Chris Henry and DeSean Jackson. Should I pick either one of those guys up? If so who should I drop? Hester and Olsen are also available. I appreciate your help.

I like your QB's, solid performers. Won't put up big numbers, but definitly consistantly good numbers. Running backs are shaky. Gore is great, but Young....yikes. We just can't draft Denver running backs and feel comforable. With Selvin Young being your second and Mendenhall being a third you don't have real good stability. If Parker is 100% and Mendenhall becomes a change of pace back and/or Young gets hurt or simply loses the job to Pittman, Hall, Allridge, Torrain, Terrell Davis, Tony Dorsett.....who knows with Denver?!

Your WR's are superb. Owens, Housh, Cotch are a great trio. I'm huge on Rice this year as well. Engram is almost a waste with the broken elbow, but you can afford to keep him for now due to the strength of your starting three. I would get Zach Miller out of your starting line up though. If you can put a wr in there then do it.

The moves I would make: I would drop Engram. I just don't see the point in keeping a guy on your roster that is out for six weeks. Jackson has looked great in Philly, Hester has potential to have a good year. If you get points for returns and/or long TD's then Hester is an even better option. The big concern is going to be running back. If Young keeps the job and Shanny don't jerk him around he should be a nice starter, but history shows trouble.....keep an eye on the Denver situation.

It's a decent team with some questionable areas. It looks like you used rounds 2-3 to take wr's, which hurt your rb depth, but that's the risk you take. I think you'll be okay, but I would address the Engram and rb situation if you could.

Good luck.

12 team serpentine draft.... . 5 ppr

do i trade my 3 and 6 round pick for a 2 and 9 round pick?

my 31 and 66 picks for his 17 and 98?

The first trade offer is simply who do you want? The 2-3 pick is about the same. Peterson, Brady, Tomlinson, Westy....you get a great player. 6-9 pick you will get the same quality of player. I wouldn't do the trade simply cause it don't help you.

I would do the other trade. give up a 31 for a 17....deal! The 66 and 98....no big deal. You drop 30 spots, but that's not going to be a big player on your roster anyway. You can find a sleeper at pick 98 just as easily as finding one at 66. Getting a 17 pick you will get a tremendously better player than you would have gotten at 33. Make this trade for sure!!

Good luck!

I have the first pick in the draft of a keeper league where my keepers are Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, and either Boldin or McGahee. Its a PPR League with 1 point for every 10 rushing and receiving yards and 6 points for touchdowns. Quarterbacks get 1 point every 25 passing yards and 6 points for touchdowns.

The main guys I am considering are Steve Smith (with the 2 game suspension by picking up Hackett in a later round), Torry Holt, Jones-Drew, Ryan Grant, McFadden, Brandon Marshall.

Obviously if I keep McGahee Ill go wide out and vica versa. The question I have is do I worry more about Willis's injury or Boldin's trade request.

aight oh wise Cuse9 - thoughts/comments on my team?? We play in an 11 (?) team league, with 1ppr and 5pt per pass TD, 1 point per 20 yards throwing, everything else standard....Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE, K, and D/ST. I had the fifth pick. (Round in () )

Brady (1)

Andre Johnson (2)

Jamal Lewis (3)

Torry Holt (4)

Antonio Gates (5)

Brandon Marshall (6)

Earnest Graham (7)

Dwayne Bowe (9)

Brandon Coutu (20)

Ravens (16)

Other players include Ginn Jr, Matt Forte, David Garrard, Scheffler, James Hardy, Sammy and Maurice Morris, Chris Brown...

Thanks in advance!

in a 12 team standard scoring league. Start qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, k, def

Qbs

Bulger, delhomme, leinart

Rbs

ADP, s jax, lynch, mcgahee, forte

Wrs

Holmes, megatron, r. White, driver, cotchery

Te

H. Miller

K

K. Brown

Def

Buffalo

Think I should upgrade anywhere? I was thinking go for rothlisberger or garrard at qb. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Thank you very much. That is what I have been leaning towards but I guess I needed to hear it from someone else that it would be a good idea.

WOW, great keeper list.

You have to go with Brady and Moss. Being it's only 8 teams you can still pick up two very good running backs with your first two picks. Addai will lose carries to Rhodes, Jackson seems to get hurt alot. Brady and Moss, seriously, have not a single negative! The points they can get you week in and week out are rediculous!! It's tough to let Addai and Jackson go, but having Brady and Moss gives you the #1 QB and WR and that's a pretty good deal.

I need to start 2 out of these 5 wideouts:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Dwayne Bowe

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Williams

Obviously Marshall is out for the first few weeks and Andre Johnson is one of the two starters for me. But, I am really liking Calvin Johnson this year and I was thinking about trading for him. Taking into consideration this receiving corps, would that be a good idea? I am a little worried about the injuries for Johnson and Marshall (and Marshall's suspension), that is why I brought up trading for CJ, your help is appreciated.

You're sitting really good without making any moves. AJ and Marshall are super. Bowe is a super third wideout. Cotchery is in a great situation, new QB, revamped OLine....he has a great chance to become a breakout wr this year. Reggie simply needs to become more relevant farther away from the goal line. Personally I'd be happy with what you have. I like Calvin as well, but I don't see him cracking your starting line up over AJ or Brandon. Of course there is injury risks with AJ, but you are deep enough to cover if he does go down. With Calvin you have to worry about a couple things this year. Obviously the presence of Roy is a factor, but we really don't know what type offense they are going to run.

AJ or Brandon for Calvin you lose out. I don't know what other type of deal you would swing to acquire him. If you're sold on a guy it's always a good idea to follow your gut, but you wouldn't want to oversell to get him. On paper Bowe for Calvin is fair, but in reality Calvin will demand more than that, so I don't think you should go after him. You'll have to give up more than he's worth due to expectations.

My advice is to stay put.

Good luck!

I have the first pick in the draft of a keeper league where my keepers are Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, and either Boldin or McGahee. Its a PPR League with 1 point for every 10 rushing and receiving yards and 6 points for touchdowns. Quarterbacks get 1 point every 25 passing yards and 6 points for touchdowns.

The main guys I am considering are Steve Smith (with the 2 game suspension by picking up Hackett in a later round), Torry Holt, Jones-Drew, Ryan Grant, McFadden, Brandon Marshall.

Obviously if I keep McGahee Ill go wide out and vica versa. The question I have is do I worry more about Willis's injury or Boldin's trade request.

I wouldn't worry about McGahee's injury. The Ravens don't seem too worried and I haven't heard Clayton, Mortenson or anyone else say anything of great concern. Ray Rice is a small concern as it seems like he keeps getting better and better. I don't think it will diminish Willis' value too much, but it's looking like it will devalue him a little.

Absolutely don't worry about Boldins trade request. He gives his all to his team. Boldin will lay it all on the line when it's game time. He's not happy about his contract because he feels as though he's been lied to by team management. His teammates have nothing to do with that. Expect him to go out and put up numbers as usual. The only concern with Boldin is his injuries that seem to hit him every year. In a five year career he has missed 6, 2, 4 games in three of those years. When on the field though....he's fantasy gold!

aight oh wise Cuse9 - thoughts/comments on my team?? We play in an 11 (?) team league, with 1ppr and 5pt per pass TD, 1 point per 20 yards throwing, everything else standard....Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE, K, and D/ST. I had the fifth pick. (Round in () )

Brady (1)

Andre Johnson (2)

Jamal Lewis (3)

Torry Holt (4)

Antonio Gates (5)

Brandon Marshall (6)

Earnest Graham (7)

Dwayne Bowe (9)

Brandon Coutu (20)

Ravens (16)

Other players include Ginn Jr, Matt Forte, David Garrard, Scheffler, James Hardy, Sammy and Maurice Morris, Chris Brown...

Thanks in advance!

Brady...perfect.

AJ...could be #1!

Jamal....solid.

Holt...getting old, but should be a good #2.

Gates...#1 on my board.

Marshall.....steal in the sixth round!

Graham....you got lucky as hell to get a talent like Graham that late!!

Bowe....great #3.

Couto....never heard of in my life?! Is he a kicker? Tight End?

Baltimore should be respectable, but if you lose points for "points given up" you could be in trouble. Cleveland, Cinci and Pitt can all score!

Forte was a great pick, Maurice is looking like he is going to win the starting job. Chris Brown sucks. Garrard will be a nice one week fill in. I like Scheffler this year. This is his year. If he don't put up, then he never will. Hardy has good promise and last I checked Ginn was still a Dolphin which isn't good.

Overall it's a pretty good team with some pretty good depth. I'm still puzzled as to who Couto is. You should do very well this year as long as everyone holds up!!

Good luck.

in a 12 team standard scoring league. Start qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, k, def

Qbs

Bulger, delhomme, leinart

Rbs

ADP, s jax, lynch, mcgahee, forte

Wrs

Holmes, megatron, r. White, driver, cotchery

Te

H. Miller

K

K. Brown

Def

Buffalo

Think I should upgrade anywhere? I was thinking go for rothlisberger or garrard at qb. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Very good team oveall. RB depth is rediculous!! I wouldn't do anything yet. I would wait and see who came to you first for rb's. You don't need that much depth you can definitly trade away some of it to get a better QB or wr's. I'm not a big Santonio fan, but he is pretty good. Cotchery has excellent breakout potential this year.

I'd sit tight and/or see who is interested in obtaining a rb and try and upgrade the QB spot or the wr. But you look decent regardless if you upgrade or not.

Good job and good luck.

how would you re-rank the top 12 players based on the scoring settings below:

12 player league

ALL - TD - 6pt

QB - 50yds / pt

WR - 15yds / pt

RB - 15yds / pt

how would you re-rank the top 12 players based on the scoring settings below:

12 player league

ALL - TD - 6pt

QB - 50yds / pt

WR - 15yds / pt

RB - 15yds / pt

Since most leagues are running back hungry I ranked the RB's 1-12, I threw in a few others where they may go if guys don't take a RB. Obviously with that scoring system Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo should easily be the top scorers, but due to supply and demand the RB's should fly off the board early!

1. Ladainian Tomlinson

(Tom Brady)

2. Brian Westbrook

3. Steven Jackson

4. Adrian Peterson

5. Frank Gore

6. Joseph Addai

7. Clinton Portis

8. Marion Barber

(Peyton Manning)

(Randy Moss)

(Tony Romo)

9. Ryan Grant

10. Larry Johnson

(Drew Brees)

11. Marshawn Lynch

12. Maurice Jones-Drew

A couple things that I surprize people with. Westy seems more reliable than Jackson and much more consistant than Peterson that is why I have him ranked #2. SJax can tear it up in the passing game so he gets the nod over AD. Gore is one year removed from a 1700 yd season and with the improved weapons around him and being the focal point in a Martz offense I like what he brings to the table this year! MJD is a reach at #12, but I like the stability he brings vs McGahee, Owens, Lewis, Maroney.

When is your draft? What spot are you drafting from and what are you thinking?!

my draft is tomorrow night, and i dont know what position ill be drafting. i believe the majority of the people in the draft will draft based on std scoring and the typical ranks so i was wondering if i should jump on a stud QB early. with a 12 person league i would like to draft a top tier QB.

my thinking based on a average game for a stud QB and stud RB

QB = 200yds; 2TDs = 16pts

RB = 100yds; 1TD = 12pts

maybe ill go RB-QB if brady/romo/brees/manning are still on the board on the turn.

THANKS for the help !

I had the 12th pick in a 14 team redraft league in a 16 round draft. We play 1QB, 2,RB, 3 WR/TE and 1 Team Def/ST.

All TD's=1 pt

Every 20 yds receiving/rushing=1pt

Every 50 yds passing=1pt

Ints/Fumbles= -1

Here are the players I picked with the round they were selected:

QB-Manning (1), T. Jackson (13)

RB-E. Graham (5), K. Smith (6), A. Bradshaw (8), Chris Johnson (9), L. Washington (14), T. Hightower (15)

WR-B. Edwards (2), M. Colston (3), S. Holmes (4), B. Berrian (7), V. Jackson (10), Desean Jackson (16)

K-S. Gostowski (11)

Def/ST-Jaguars (12)

I know my backs are poor and didn't take the first until the 5th :lol: I'm used to 10 to 12 team leagues, so having 2 more people certainly made it more challenging yet exciting! Also scared of the fact my QB's are coming off injuries, especially Manning, yet he was too good to pass up!

Thanks ahead of time Cuse9! I really appreciate the input :)

my draft is tomorrow night, and i dont know what position ill be drafting. i believe the majority of the people in the draft will draft based on std scoring and the typical ranks so i was wondering if i should jump on a stud QB early. with a 12 person league i would like to draft a top tier QB.

my thinking based on a average game for a stud QB and stud RB

QB = 200yds; 2TDs = 16pts

RB = 100yds; 1TD = 12pts

maybe ill go RB-QB if brady/romo/brees/manning are still on the board on the turn.

THANKS for the help !

Well, until you see what pick you have and who will be available don't "target" anyone. My personal opinion is that Brady should be a top 6-7 pick, Manning a top 8-9 pick and Brees and Romo a top fifteen pick. After those four I would wait forever to get a QB.

Another thing to think about is supply and demand. QB's will almost always outscore RB's. If you take a QB in the first round what would a RB's ave score be if you would have drafted him there compared to what you get in the second.

In any event I can't say it's a bad idea. If you look at the stud QB's this year there are only four solid studs and if you miss out on them, you are rolling the dice with just about everyone else. The running backs are deep enough that I think you could land some pretty good ones in later rounds (2-5 rounds). Like I said, don't target a QB, but if you have pick 5-6 and you like Brady over Addai, Jackson, Portis.....pull the trigger!!

Good luck!

I had the 12th pick in a 14 team redraft league in a 16 round draft. We play 1QB, 2,RB, 3 WR/TE and 1 Team Def/ST.

All TD's=1 pt

Every 20 yds receiving/rushing=1pt

Every 50 yds passing=1pt

Ints/Fumbles= -1

Here are the players I picked with the round they were selected:

QB-Manning (1), T. Jackson (13)

RB-E. Graham (5), K. Smith (6), A. Bradshaw (8), Chris Johnson (9), L. Washington (14), T. Hightower (15)

WR-B. Edwards (2), M. Colston (3), S. Holmes (4), B. Berrian (7), V. Jackson (10), Desean Jackson (16)

K-S. Gostowski (11)

Def/ST-Jaguars (12)

I know my backs are poor and didn't take the first until the 5th :doublethumbsup: I'm used to 10 to 12 team leagues, so having 2 more people certainly made it more challenging yet exciting! Also scared of the fact my QB's are coming off injuries, especially Manning, yet he was too good to pass up!

Thanks ahead of time Cuse9! I really appreciate the input :(

Yes your RB's are a little shaky, but that simply lets me know that you are definitly in a competitive conference and the owners know their stuff....which is a good thing. I draft 14th in a 14 team conference tomarrow and this is my exact fear of taking QB-WR's with my first 2-3 picks. However, you didn't do too bad. Smith is in a great situation to carry the ball alot. If the OLine can play decent he should have plenty of holes to run through thanks to Roy and Calvin. Graham is a solid #1. I'm a little worried about Dunn stealing time and eventually Caddy will be back in the mix, but let's face it, you're not going to draft a RB in round five without questions around him. Bradshaw, Washington and Johnson are all tremendous talents that could take over as the primary back if the cards fell just right. So, even though it's (rb core) not solid....it's got great potential.

WR's are great, Manning is always solid and you got a very good D.

Overall I think you did a great job considering how you drafted. Having the extra two owners definitly affects how you draft (which now you know). Your running backs aren't poor, they simply have more question marks around them! Personally, I think you'll do fine. Good job!

Good luck!!

Tell me why I am hesitant or crazy to be planning to draft Westbrook ahead of ADP (assuming LT goes #1) with the #2 pick. If the #1 goes ADP, I will take LT, but if LT goes 1, I am leaning toward Westbrook.

It is a true PPR league. Good or bad?

:music_guitarred:

Tell me why I am hesitant or crazy to be planning to draft Westbrook ahead of ADP (assuming LT goes #1) with the #2 pick. If the #1 goes ADP, I will take LT, but if LT goes 1, I am leaning toward Westbrook.

It is a true PPR league. Good or bad?

:shocking:

Guy picking in my leauge is taking Westy at 3 over ADP.......I agree.

You are hesitant because you know the HUGE games that lie ahead for Peterson. The fact that you can see him routinely running 60+ yds for TD's and racking up over 200 yards in a game makes you think very hard about taking him. And then you see his below average games and injuries over the past few years and think of Westy!

The reason you are taking Westy is because he gives you everything you want. Rushing, receiving, receptions, TD's. Westy is great and is a more consistant scorer than Peterson. Peterson will definitly have bigger games, but Westy is a better weekly option.

Can't go wrong either way! I would take Westy too.

Hey Cuse, dont know if you can answer this but what the heck its buggin the crap out of me...

So my big league with family members has been running for 2 years, this year going to be the 3rd. We have 8 teams and draft 14 players... everything is standard scoring except passing TD's are 6 pts, and we play the following possitions:

QB

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

WR/TE

D/ST

K

and we have 4 people on the bench.

But this year the commish has put in new scoring opportunities:

For passing: passing attempts= .25 pts

passing completions= .5 pts

passing 1st downs= 1 pt

For rushing: rushing 1st downs= 1 pt

rushing attempts= .5 pts

For receiving: receiving 1st downs= 1 pt

receptions= 1 pt

So this is new to me, and what Im asking is does this change what route you draft much? We do auction style draft and Im not sure if these points change some draft sheets in which you would draft players... I dont think Im explaining it too well but any help would be appreciated. It seems to me that the QB position is huge now as they will score tons of points in comparison to the RB's and especially the WR's. Do you agree, and do you like it? Would you talk to your commish about it?

hey cuse, I asked you this question some time ago and you said to not change my strategy much. So I just had my auction draft and was wondering what you thought... Here is my team: 8 team league with $100 to draft with

QB: Romo $20

QB: Anderson $12

RB: McGahee $10

RB: Jacobs $10

WR: Andre Johnson $10 cant believe I got him this cheap!

WR: Santonio Holmes $9

RB/WR: FWP $3

WR/TE: Calvin Johnson $6

Def/ST: Seattle $1

K: Dawson $1

Bench:

QB: Kitna $1

RB: Edge James $1

WR: Brandon Marshall $4 love this pick too really cheap, everyone was afraid of his suspension

RB: Earnest Graham $5

So how is my team with the weird league settings? I feel the draft went pretty bad for me as everyone spent money quick then had to slow down and people started getting really good deals. Im really disappointed I didnt get a stud RB, but they all went so high and my money could not take the hit of getting them. It is really hard to do auction leagues, it is hard to go after the studs after you got a few cuz you then lose your ability to bid for the good guys and easily get outbid by the more patient players. Auction drafts are sooo much better tho and much more fun and competitive. So would you stand pat with this team or look for some trades? Thanks

I remember your thread last year and enjoyed some questions I posted and learned from others questions. anyway:

Non-keeper PPR league, start 1qb only 4 pts per TD thrown, 6 rush or receive , 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (RB-WR-TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

Position and weekly starters in ()

QB start (1)

Schaub 7.5

Delhoume 10.8

RB start (2)

A Peterson 1.5

Grant 3.5

Kevin Smith 6.8

Ray Rice 9.5

Chris Perry 16.8

WR start (2)

Fitzgerald 2.8

Roy Williams 5.5

Derrek Mason 13.5

TE start (1)

Winslow 4.8

Zach Miller 11.5 (I know same by week, not much left that late in the draft and I have a few weeks to decide.

K start (1)

Prater 12.8

Stover 14.8

DEF start (1)

San Diego 8.8

Oakland 15.8

First I was shocked to get A Peterson 5th in 12 team league - who went before him was LT, Westbrook, Barber, Peyton, then I grabbed Peterson

Let me know

hey cuse, I asked you this question some time ago and you said to not change my strategy much. So I just had my auction draft and was wondering what you thought... Here is my team: 8 team league with $100 to draft with

QB: Romo $20

QB: Anderson $12

RB: McGahee $10

RB: Jacobs $10

WR: Andre Johnson $10 cant believe I got him this cheap!

WR: Santonio Holmes $9

RB/WR: FWP $3

WR/TE: Calvin Johnson $6

Def/ST: Seattle $1

K: Dawson $1

Bench:

QB: Kitna $1

RB: Edge James $1

WR: Brandon Marshall $4 love this pick too really cheap, everyone was afraid of his suspension

RB: Earnest Graham $5

So how is my team with the weird league settings? I feel the draft went pretty bad for me as everyone spent money quick then had to slow down and people started getting really good deals. Im really disappointed I didnt get a stud RB, but they all went so high and my money could not take the hit of getting them. It is really hard to do auction leagues, it is hard to go after the studs after you got a few cuz you then lose your ability to bid for the good guys and easily get outbid by the more patient players. Auction drafts are sooo much better tho and much more fun and competitive. So would you stand pat with this team or look for some trades? Thanks

I would like to see one bonified stud, but you are solid across the board. Rather than blow a load on a Stud, you divied it up and have great depth and very good starters at every position.

The deals I really like:

Marshall for $4...are you kidding me?! Granted he's suspended the first two games (which I believe will get reduced to one game), but you can't deny his ability. He could end the year top five easily. You got a superb deal on this one!! Ernest Graham was a great deal as well, personally I'd rather have in my starting line up over Jacobs. Two of the top five QB's. What you lack for in star power you'll make up for in all around quality.

I don't see the need for Kitna though. With Romo and Anderson, Kitna will never see your starting line up. Even though he's a great bargain for $1, I'd rather have Bradshaw, Hightower....a back up to one of your starters or some young guy that has potential out the ying yang. You can afford to sit on them since you've got good depth everywhere. It would have been nice to get Ray Rice in case McGahee gets hurt, Rice is looking better and better evertime I see him.

Overall though you have a solid team at every single position. Even your bench spots are solid!! Great job!!

I remember your thread last year and enjoyed some questions I posted and learned from others questions. anyway:

Non-keeper PPR league, start 1qb only 4 pts per TD thrown, 6 rush or receive , 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (RB-WR-TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

Position and weekly starters in ()

QB start (1)

Schaub 7.5

Delhoume 10.8

Quality starters! If Stewart can be respectable in Carolina then Delhomme could surprize alot of people this year. He's got a ton of weapons around him! Schuab needs to stay healthy as does AJ, but if both do then you have two quality starters in your QB duo with great big game potential!!

RB start (2)

A Peterson 1.5

Grant 3.5

Kevin Smith 6.8

Ray Rice 9.5

Chris Perry 16.8

Wow....Perry in round 16 after he's named starter! Some guys in your league didn't go their homework! AD and Grant is a great 1-2 punch and Kevin Smith has a great opportunity to excell in Detroit! Great mix of solid starters and great potential....I like that!!

WR start (2)

Fitzgerald 2.8

Roy Williams 5.5

Derrek Mason 13.5

Pretty solid. Not very exciting, but solid. Hopefully Troy Smith and eventually Flacco can get Mason the ball.

TE start (1)

Winslow 4.8

Zach Miller 11.5 (I know same by week, not much left that late in the draft and I have a few weeks to decide.

Don't worry about bye weeks until they get to you. Winslow is a stud. Greta grab!

K start (1)

Prater 12.8

Stover 14.8

All kickers suck.

DEF start (1)

San Diego 8.8

Oakland 15.8

Merriman is really going to hurt this defense if he's done!! They will still be great, but they'll miss his playmaking ability and leadership!

First I was shocked to get A Peterson 5th in 12 team league - who went before him was LT, Westbrook, Barber, Peyton, then I grabbed Peterson

Let me know

In non keeper leagues Peterson's stock isn't quite as high. People want to see him make it through a season injury free. He had injury problems in college and last year. He also disapeared a few games. To invest a high pick in a player you want guaranteed results. With that though, he's a still a great pick with an unmatched upside! Barber being picked ahead of him really surprizes me! Solid team. Two concerns. Weak third wr in Mason.....not terrible, but could be better and Merriman is going to really hurt SD.

Great job and good luck this year.

Hey Cuse, just drafted tonight, what do you think?

10 team - start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers

Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Lendale White, Chester Taylor

Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson

Chris Cooley, Owen Daniels

Nate Kaeding

Steelers

Thanks!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=319613

This is pure speculation, but based on my pre-draft rankings, this is who i figure wouild fall to me.

keeper league, each player keeps 4 players. PPR where we start 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1W/R, 1 W/T, 1 TE

mine are Westy, T.O., Wayne, and Marshall

the 4 best options that should fall to me

Bush, Thomas Jones, Rothlisberger, and Maroney.

Personally, i've pushed maroney down my list (last year plus Jordan signing). I've pushed up Jones with the Favre signing.

Using teired rankings, Roth would be the higher tier at his position when compared to the others, plus we need 2 QB.

I'm leaning toward Bush and Roth as I should get 2 of them picking at the end of the round..

any other suggestions?

For me it would come down to Maroney or T. Jones. Jones has a great opportunity this year to have the best year of his career. Having Coles, Cotchery and Favre will get him plenty of room to run and the revamped offensive line is really going to help him! Maroney started out last year hurt and they never really got him into the mix until the playoffs. Neither Jones or Maroney are TD machines by any means. Since this is a keeper league I'd go with the younger guy and take Maroney. When the Pats had Dillon they used him alot and he put up solid numbers. I think Maroney can do the same.

I'm not a big Bush fan. I don't like Kyle, Kurt, for damn sure not George and I don't like Reggie. He's a good player, but I don't like the inconsistancies with him. If McAllister stays healthy then I think we'll see Bush get used the right way. A MJD type of player that will have a few great games and some bad ones. Not the type of production you want out of your #2 back.

I definitly would not think about a QB. You can get Cutler, Rivers, Delhomme and others later on. I would grab another RB with your first pick and grab a top TE with your next pick, unless there is another running back, since you can start three. Don't be afraid to go after Kevin Smith or Matt Forte. Chris Perry and Maurice Morris also seem to be going very late in drafts. If you don't feel very secure with your top two backs, don't hesitate to take one of them.

Good luck!!

Hey Cuse, just drafted tonight, what do you think?

10 team - start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers

Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Lendale White, Chester Taylor

Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson

Chris Cooley, Owen Daniels

Nate Kaeding

Steelers

Thanks!

Ahhh.....just drafted. Is this not the best time of the year? Kids have Christmas.....we have Fantasy Draft Day!!

Very nice team. AD paired with Chester.....can't go wrong with that. MJD got hurt tonight, but I don't think it's very serious (ankle). If Lendale holds off Johnson then you have a very nice back up/flex/bye week fill in guy. Braylon has the highest ceiling of any wr out there this year. Marshall is gonna be a top ten wr for years to come and Calvin and DeSean have a ton of potential. I like the solid wr core mixed with great potential....perfect core there. Big Ben is solid and Rodgers has a ton of talent around him to become a great fantasy option.

Great job all around. Seems like alot of guys are drafting really good teams this year. Once again with your team I really don't see how you won't compete for all the marbles.

Good luck!!

I keep on going back and forth on what to do with the 3rd pick in my draft...Lynch is my keeper from last year....Peterson is gone (keeper) so I'm assuming the the first two picks will be LT and Westbrook which leaves me with Brady? SJax? Addai?

draft possibilties.....

Scenario #1

K-HB Lynch

1-HB SJackson/Addai

2-WR (Colston/Fitz)

3-WR (Marshall/Holmes/OchoCinco)

4-QB (Palmer/Roethlisberger/Cutler)

Scenario #2

K-HB Lynch

1-QB Brady

2-HB (McGahee/MJD)

3-WR (Best Avail)

4-WR (Best Avail)

Scenario #1 looks the best to me but taking Brady is so tempting. The Pats have the easiest Strength of Schedule in the NFL and the possibility of Brady going off for between 35-45 TD's? I never understand why QB's with 30 TD potential are overlooked for RB's who most likely will only rack up around 10 TD's a year?

I feel like there is a significant difference between guys like Brady and Palmer but not as big of a difference between SJax and MJD

Projections:

Brady 379 or Palmer 260

SJax 279 or MJD 230

Is my thinking off? Should I go with Brady?

Thanks in advance

12-Team League

6pts/TD (pass/run/rec)

1pt/25 pass yds

-2pt/INT

1pt/10 rush/rec yds

I keep on going back and forth on what to do with the 3rd pick in my draft...Lynch is my keeper from last year....Peterson is gone (keeper) so I'm assuming the the first two picks will be LT and Westbrook which leaves me with Brady? SJax? Addai?

draft possibilties.....

Scenario #1

K-HB Lynch

1-HB SJackson/Addai

2-WR (Colston/Fitz)

3-WR (Marshall/Holmes/OchoCinco)

4-QB (Palmer/Roethlisberger/Cutler)

Scenario #2

K-HB Lynch

1-QB Brady

2-HB (McGahee/MJD)

3-WR (Best Avail)

4-WR (Best Avail)

Scenario #1 looks the best to me but taking Brady is so tempting. The Pats have the easiest Strength of Schedule in the NFL and the possibility of Brady going off for between 35-45 TD's? I never understand why QB's with 30 TD potential are overlooked for RB's who most likely will only rack up around 10 TD's a year?

I feel like there is a significant difference between guys like Brady and Palmer but not as big of a difference between SJax and MJD

Projections:

Brady 379 or Palmer 260

SJax 279 or MJD 230

Is my thinking off? Should I go with Brady?

Thanks in advance

12-Team League

6pts/TD (pass/run/rec)

1pt/25 pass yds

-2pt/INT

1pt/10 rush/rec yds

The way you've got it drawn out I agree with you, scenerio one looks pretty good. It seems like your overall team would be better by taking Jackson. That would allow you to go after wr's with your next two picks. That makes the balance of your team look much better. The only problem is Jackson seems to get hurt so much. Brady is a warrior who don't miss games. I hate for you to pass up on Brady and watch him throw for 40 TD's while Jackson is on the IR!

Bottom line is with Brady he'll have to post numbers for you to be really successful due to the lack of balance you'll have at other spots. With Jackson you'll have better depth at your other starting positions. So, if he goes out for a few games you'll still be okay.

I'd run with scenerio one. Watch for Romo or Brees with your second pick. I expect big things out of both this year!

Good luck

12 PPR league I had pick 12, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D/ST

QB- Jay Cutler, David Garrard

RB- Portis, T. Jones, Willie Parker, Matt Forte

WR-TO, Marvin Harrison, Ted Gin Jr, Kevin Walter, Isaac Bruce

K- Kris Brown

D- Tennessee

I have also been offered a trade I give Parker and Walter, and I get Driver and Perry should i do it??

How did I draft??

ok i will ask away and see what you have to say...

i'm in a 20 cbs pay team league with IDP'S and i have the 20th pick over-all with 21st pick coming down.

(YES 20 TEAMS)

should i draft by draft averages or could you lead me to another stradegy?

maybe give me your player rankings that could help me out.

Scoring for Offensive Categories

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 3 points for a FG of 50+ Yds

FGB - Field Goals Blocked (Kicker) -3 points

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

IFRTD - Individual Fumble Recovery TD 6 points

MFG - Missed Field Goal -3 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaCmp - Passing Completion .25 points

PaFD - Passing First Down 1 point

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 60 to 100 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = .25 points for every 10 PaYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 301+ PaYd

Re20 - Reception of 20+ Yards 3 points

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

Re40 - Reception of 40+ Yards 5 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 60 to 100 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 8 - 30 Recpts = 2 points for every 5 Recpts

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a RuTD of 60 to 100 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd

XP - Extra Points 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories

ATK - Assisted Tackles (ID only) 1 point

BFB - Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST) 3 points

BFTD - Blocked Field Goal Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BP - Blocked Punts (ID/ST/DST) 5 points

BPTD - Blocked Punt Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BXP - Blocked Extra Points (ID/ST/DST) 5 points

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 3 points

DFRTD - Defensive Fumble Recovery TD (ID/DT/DST) 6 points

DFTD - Defensive TD 6 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a DTD of 60 to 100 Yds

Int - Interceptions 3 points

IntTD - Interception TD 6 points

Plus 4 points for a IntTD of 70 to 100 Yds

KRTD - Kick Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

PDef - Pass Defensed (ID only) 1 point

PRTD - Punt Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

SACK - Sack 3 points

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 5+ SACK

SFRTD - Special Team Fumble Recovery for TD 6 points

STTD - Special Teams TD 6 points

STY - Safety 2 points

TK - Tackle (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 10+ TK

looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

thank-you for your time!

Cuse9's annual help thread is here. We all know the help board doesn't always help out too much!! That is why I am here to answer your fantasy football questions.

I did this last year and had alot of fun with it. If I helped you out...great! If I didn't, then give me a chance to redeem myself. I'll answer with facts and well thought out opinions.

So....what do you need help with, I'm here for ya!!

14 Team League

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and/or TE, 1 D, 1 K. (No Trades)

Seriously concerned on RB. Any help would be great, Thanks!!!!

QB-Brady

QB-Rogers

RB-E James

RB-Bradshaw

RB-Fargas

RB-C Taylor

RB-Betts

WR- A Johnson

WR- G Jennnings

WR-K Curtiss

WR- J Gage

K- R Gould

K- D Akers

D- Chargers

D- Texans

12 PPR league I had pick 12, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D/ST

QB- Jay Cutler, David Garrard

RB- Portis, T. Jones, Willie Parker, Matt Forte

WR-TO, Marvin Harrison, Ted Gin Jr, Kevin Walter, Isaac Bruce

K- Kris Brown

D- Tennessee

I have also been offered a trade I give Parker and Walter, and I get Driver and Perry should i do it??

How did I draft??

Miken21? I played for Miken the past four years!

First, no don't do the trade. Driver is old and although I like Perry as a late round pick, he's no lock to stay the starter. FWP is solid. Mendenhall was simply too good to pass up.

As for your team, I like it. Cutler/Garrard are both solid with good potential. Owens is Owens. If Marvin can be Marvin that is a great combo. Bruce is in a good situation this year and Walters has promise. I'm not high on Ginn, but only because Pennington is so bad. He can't throw it deep and that is Ginn's strength! Very nice set of backs. Portis and Jones should carry the load and put up nice points week in and week out. Forte has looked good to me. He seems to have decent hands as well.

Overall it's a 7 out of 10. I'm sure there is a team or two that is better, but you are pretty good at all positions. The QB position is what is going to keep you average or propel you to the top. If one of them can put up some big numbers then your team becomes much better. As of now I see them posting decent numbers, but nothing spectacular. Your other positions should do fine.

Good job!!

14 Team League

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and/or TE, 1 D, 1 K. (No Trades)

Seriously concerned on RB. Any help would be great, Thanks!!!!

QB-Brady

QB-Rogers

RB-E James

RB-Bradshaw

RB-Fargas

RB-C Taylor

RB-Betts

WR- A Johnson

WR- G Jennnings

WR-K Curtiss

WR- J Gage

K- R Gould

K- D Akers

D- Chargers

D- Texans

I'm gonna assume you had the 8th/9th pick and went with Brady then Johnson. Then when it got back to you you paniced and took James cause he was the best available?!

Yes, you are in a bit of trouble at RB. I really like Bradshaw as a back up. He's a perfect guy to have as your 4-5 rb. Fargas should do okay this year. Eventually he'll get run out of town by McFadden, but I think he'll get most of the carries this year. Betts is a waste. I would drop him and pick up Tim Hightower. They are already talking about Hightower being James' TD vulture. With James age, Hightower could take the job. I doubt it will happen this year, but eventually! Chester will see quality carries all year.

As for what to do....not much right now. You don't have any studs that you can trade away. Best case is that Rodgers lights it up the first three games and his value goes way up. Then you could create some sort of package deal and trade him off to upgrade your rb's. Somewhere in your draft you took a wrong turn. You should have at least three super players on your team and have a little better depth. I can't see who you took in the fourth round? It's too early for Jennings.....not Rodgers.....Fargas, Bradshaw....did you take the Chargers in round four?

You can fix your team, but it's definitly going to take some dealing and magical trades. I would say your team is a middle of the pack team, but maybe worse if your running backs don't get you decent points. You really need to find a team that is stacked at rb and try and find a deal. Or you could do the unthinkable and work a blockbuster deal and get rid of Brady?! You really need to do something or I see bad things in your future :thumbsup:

ok i will ask away and see what you have to say...

i'm in a 20 cbs pay team league with IDP'S and i have the 20th pick over-all with 21st pick coming down.

(YES 20 TEAMS)

should i draft by draft averages or could you lead me to another stradegy?

maybe give me your player rankings that could help me out.

Scoring for Offensive Categories

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 3 points for a FG of 50+ Yds

FGB - Field Goals Blocked (Kicker) -3 points

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

IFRTD - Individual Fumble Recovery TD 6 points

MFG - Missed Field Goal -3 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaCmp - Passing Completion .25 points

PaFD - Passing First Down 1 point

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 60 to 100 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = .25 points for every 10 PaYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 301+ PaYd

Re20 - Reception of 20+ Yards 3 points

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

Re40 - Reception of 40+ Yards 5 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 60 to 100 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 8 - 30 Recpts = 2 points for every 5 Recpts

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a RuTD of 60 to 100 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd

XP - Extra Points 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories

ATK - Assisted Tackles (ID only) 1 point

BFB - Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST) 3 points

BFTD - Blocked Field Goal Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BP - Blocked Punts (ID/ST/DST) 5 points

BPTD - Blocked Punt Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BXP - Blocked Extra Points (ID/ST/DST) 5 points

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 3 points

DFRTD - Defensive Fumble Recovery TD (ID/DT/DST) 6 points

DFTD - Defensive TD 6 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

Plus 5 points for a DTD of 60 to 100 Yds

Int - Interceptions 3 points

IntTD - Interception TD 6 points

Plus 4 points for a IntTD of 70 to 100 Yds

KRTD - Kick Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

PDef - Pass Defensed (ID only) 1 point

PRTD - Punt Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

SACK - Sack 3 points

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 5+ SACK

SFRTD - Special Team Fumble Recovery for TD 6 points

STTD - Special Teams TD 6 points

STY - Safety 2 points

TK - Tackle (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 10+ TK

looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

thank-you for your time!

Holy crap, that's over my head! Points for passes defended, assisted tackles......I've always done performance scoring leagues, but this is Rocket Science scoring! I would love to have the knowledge to be able to tell you who is good at passes defended and who the good punt blockers are, but I have no idea!!

I can tell you that guys like Donnie Avery, DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Felix Jones are going to be much more viable options with the kick and punt return points, so if you have a choice between a strictly wr like Ike Hilliard or a guy like Avery that will prolly have kick/punt return duties and see some action at wr, take the guy that will get you return yards.

Alot of IDP stat categories I've never played before. I've done the tackles, sacks, int's....the basic IDP scoring, but never all the crazy scoring like that. I would suggest going by their pre ranked players or finding somone that has played in that type of league before. I wish I could be of more help.....but I ain't got much for ya on this one!!

Best of luck to you!!

Im picking 5th in a 10 team league. 6pts for all TDs. 1pt-50yds passing. 1pt-10 yards rush/rec.

I know the first four picks will go LT2, AP, BW, SJax. Do i take Brady or go with MBIII or Adiai.

Leave a link and I will help you.

Please rate my team, and let me know in your opinion where are my trading strengths and where should I be looking to get better

Our TE scoring is very different

Thanks

No PPR 6 Points for TD Rush or Pass

1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 1 DST 1 K

1 point for each 10 yards passing/receiving-No long/large yardage bonus

5 point TE bonus for TE reaching 50 passing or receving

Derek Anderson

Jay Cutler

Steven Jackson

Lendale White

Kevin Smith

Chad Johnson

Andre Johson

Donald Driver

Javon Walker

Mark Clayton

Todd Heap

Ravens DST

Colts DST

M Prater

Hi,

quick question for you.. this is my team:

12 team PPR with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 3 IDPs... ALL tds worth 6.

QB= D. Anderson, M Schaub, J Delhomme

RB= Sjax, R Bush, Kevin Smith, Chester Taylor

WR= Colston, Chambers, Burleson, Bruce, Ted Ginn jr

TE= Witten

DL= Vandenbosh

DB= M Lewis

LB= Urlacher

I think Bush in mid 3rd in a PPR is huge... was a bit weary of having both of NO's offensive weapons but couldnt turn him down...

Question i have is, would u be worried about having BOTH Colston and Bush on the same squad?? I acutally could have gotten braylon, but i love colston's siutation a lot more, and never really expected bush to be there for the taking. Thanks.

Cuse9 I think you have one of the best threads I've read. I took your advise on improving my depth at RB and traded a guy E.Manning for R.Brown. Then he dropped Schaub so I picked him up.

I respect your advise so I'm going to ask you to rate this team that I drafted last weekend. It's a 12 team league. Pretty standard scoring with a little more emphasis on scoring than yardage and no negative points for anything. Here is how my draft went (I had the 10th pick).

Round:

1-Gore

2-Lynch

3-Holt

4-Winslow

5-Calvin Johnson

6-Reggie Bush (Can you believe he was still there?)

7-Bowe

8-L.Evans

9-Schaubb (I took your advise and didn't reach since the QB position is pretty deep this year)

10-Mendenhall

11-V.Young

12-Giants Def

13-Prater

14-Stover (we have to pay to make moves so I took a second kicker)