Sign in to follow this  
mrgymrat

Help Thread - Ask Away

Westbrook vs Chi

Turner as Car

Perry vs Cle

Slaton s Jac

Pick 2

I'm leaning Turner and Perry now. Westy might share carries and Slaton has a worse matchup, though I like him more as a player now.

Westbrook vs Chi

Turner as Car

Perry vs Cle

Slaton s Jac

Pick 2

I'm leaning Turner and Perry now. Westy might share carries and Slaton has a worse matchup, though I like him more as a player now.

I have Westbrook as well and have pretty much decided to play Perry vs CLE instead because it should be 100+ yds & at least 1 TD. I agree w/ your Turner selection as well.

The deciding factor on not playing Westy had more to do with him being in the Sun. night game and not having anyone in the Mon. night game that I could switch to if he is out. I wasn't interested in picking up Buckhalter for 1 week.

1. Turner - have to play the leading rusher in NFL

2. Perry - great matchup vs CLE

3. Slaton - I too picked up Slaton in 4 of my 7 leagues and may start him in a couple. I think he will still get his yds.

4. Westbrook - wait until he's healthy. Iggles should really rest him and let him get 100%

Cutler at KC or Brees at home against SF?

While both are great starts this week, I believe Cutler is the #1 ranked QB this week vs KC (CBS Sportsline, FFToday, ESPN). Both should be able to throw at will and both teams should have a RB who should have a monster day (Selvin, Reggie). Brees is at home but missing Colston.

Gonna say Cutler as Broncos roll.

Should I be concerened about M. barber lossing caries to F. Jones?

Not unless he gets hurt. I have MBIII in a couple of my leagues and have just tried to make sure I back him up with Felix. The rotation is not like it was with Julius Jones although I see Felix as being even better than JJ. I think you know that MBIII will get most of the work and all the redzone work.

But if MBIII ever goes down, Felix will get almost all the carries and be a huge #1 RB, IMO.

v davis or j stevens

t jones or c portis

thanks

I had Vernon Davis last year and he drove me crazy with how often he just disappeared and never even had balls thrown his way. Granted that was with Alex Smith at QB but the TE never really seemed like a high end target in the Mike Martz Rams offense so I would look elsewhere. Not sure that I would start Jeramy Stevens but if those are your choices, then go Stevens.

I have T Jones this year and he hasn't done much but he has a lot better matchup this week vs ARI. I think the Cowboys will stuff the Redskins, some of the experts think Portis will be fine, so I would reluctantly say go with T Jones (just because of the matchup).

Lendale White, M. Pittman or should I pick up P. Thomas. Also, Crayton or B. Lloyd?

I'm starting Pittman in my $$ league and he should be good for 2 scores. Lendale has a tougher matchup (and splits w/ CJ) while Pierre Thomas was in a similar role as Pittman but now they are saying that Deuce may be back. Go Pittman.

I would go with Lloyd if he is playing but that will likely be a gametime decision. I have to add a WR for Randy Moss's bye week and will add Lloyd if he's playing. Seems to be the #1 target. Crayton could be ok but with Witten nicked up, I would be more worried that Austin Miles will be the one open again this week and getting the big catches. Go w/ Lloyd if he plays.

Braylon Edwards @ Cin or DeSean Jackson @ Chi?

Thanks!

Ouch, you're kidding right? Flip a coin? I'm a firm believer that you have to play your studs (sometimes even when they suck & their QB sucks) so I think you have to go Edwards vs the Bengals in what could be a high scoring affair like last year's games.

Not sure what the Eagles offense will be doing with Westbrook more than likely out so maybe they throw more to DeSean or maybe the Bears DST stuffs them and their running game.

Because of the Cincy DST, you have to start Edwards and hope DA & the Browns get their offense back.

Ouch, you're kidding right? Flip a coin? I'm a firm believer that you have to play your studs (sometimes even when they suck & their QB sucks) so I think you have to go Edwards vs the Bengals in what could be a high scoring affair like last year's games.

Not sure what the Eagles offense will be doing with Westbrook more than likely out so maybe they throw more to DeSean or maybe the Bears DST stuffs them and their running game.

Because of the Cincy DST, you have to start Edwards and hope DA & the Browns get their offense back.

I wish I were kidding here... these are my choices for WR2 with Megatron a bye, but at least I have Marshall. Thanks for the input.