Sign in to follow this  
bryberns

HOLY START 'EM / SIT 'EM

I'm in a very comptetive 10 team league.

2 RB's

2 RB/WR's

I have Dangelo Williams / Chris Johnson auto-starts every week. Never bench your studs ( though it probably killed me this week w/ CJ @ Pit , ugh )

Now that Pierre Thomas has been ruled out

I have

Mike Bell vs. Det

McFadden vs. SD

FJax vs. NE

Julias Jones vs. STL

to fill 2 RB/WR's slot

All are probably going to get 15-20 touches and are probably legit # 2 RB's with their matchups. I feel like any wrong decisions i'm going to make will leave me 15-20 points on my bench.

All those guys are capable of putting up 50 yrds 0 tds or 125 yards a TD

What a predicament.

I'm not asking for help.

Just simply stating what a interesting situation I find myself in week 1 already stuck with the tough decisions.

I'm not asking for help.

Just simply stating what a interesting situation I find myself in week 1 already stuck with the tough decisions.

No one in this forum cares about other people's fantasy teams. This forum is used to learn about player news, statuses, etc. Not someone's lineup dilemmas.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please PM me when there's more updates to your team? I don't want to miss anything!

Usually when you have too many "good" palyers to choose from. You don't. That's the case this time.

Start Josh Morgan. If the receivers have a good game, the front office shows crabtree he isn't needed to make the offense tick. If the receivers have a bad game, crabtree has a stronger claim for the unslotted contract. I don't think there is any way the 49ers organization lets the second senerio play out.

If the receivers have a good game, the front office shows crabtree he isn't needed to make the offense tick. If the receivers have a bad game, crabtree has a stronger claim for the unslotted contract. I don't think there is any way the 49ers organization lets the second senerio play out.

No offense, but that is the worst rationale I have ever seen for choosing your starting lineup.

The '9ers want to win the game! They will do whatever is in the best interests of making that happen. They have built their team all offseason around a "pound the ball with the running game mentality", have a great starting RB, what looks to be a very serviceable backup RB, and one of the worst starting QBs in the league. They aren't going to forcefead Morgan just to try to prove a point to crabtree.

It's like I am playing cards with my brother's kids, you nerve racking sons of bitches.

I've never seen anything like this in my 46 years of playing fantasy football!!!!

Thanks for posting :rolleyes:

No offense, but that is the worst rationale I have ever seen for choosing your starting lineup.

I'm not saying that is the only rationale, but it is one that isn't already considered on the numerous fantasy sites. The 49ers are playing the Cards, a team they lost to twice. You could argue the 49ers defense failed them, you could argue their "pound the ball with the running game mentality" failed in helping the 49ers controlling the game, or you could argue the 49ers just didn't have the offensive fire power to put points on the board, because a game against the Cards, more times than not, inevitably turns into a shoot out.

The Cards and 49ers second meeting in Arizona was close. If you recall, Morgan had a nice catch in the second quarter for a 30 yard td. The 49ers went into the half up 17-13. The good news was that passing game looked uncharacteristically effective. The bad news was that Morgan had reinjured his groin, and played little in the second half. Without Morgan, we saw the 49ers offense falter, only putting up three points the rest of the game. The defense no longer fearing a down field threat stacked the box, shut-down Gore and harassed Shaun Hill into making numerous mistakes.

So it is evident that the "pound the ball with the running game mentality" doesn't work for the 49ers without a viable passing game. Against the an inferior team, they could get by and squeek out a win, but not against the Cards.

In my original post, I wasn't claiming week 1 match-up was the 49ers vs Crabtree, and I'm not sure why you got hung up on that idea. Instead, I insinuated that the 49ers passing must be effective to beat the Cards. Shaun Hill needs to pass for over 250 yards if the 49ers are to have a chance. Morgan has a big game if Shaun Hill is successful. If the passing game falters against the Cards, the 49ers will lose. A loss because of an impotent passing game would most likely lead to both the media and the fans putting pressure on the 49ers organization to get Crabtree signed. This would hurt the 49ers bargining position, while enhancing Crabtree's position.

Besides that, most people who have seen him play know Morgan is a rising talent. He has speed, size, and good hands. Week 1 prediction: 7catches 90yards 1td.

HOLY START 'EM / SIT 'EM

you must have watched way to many BATMAN shows when you were a kid :thumbsup:

I'm in a very comptetive 10 team league.

2 RB's

2 RB/WR's

I have Dangelo Williams / Chris Johnson auto-starts every week. Never bench your studs ( though it probably killed me this week w/ CJ @ Pit , ugh )

Now that Pierre Thomas has been ruled out

I have

Mike Bell vs. Det

McFadden vs. SD

FJax vs. NE

Julias Jones vs. STL

to fill 2 RB/WR's slot

All are probably going to get 15-20 touches and are probably legit # 2 RB's with their matchups. I feel like any wrong decisions i'm going to make will leave me 15-20 points on my bench.

All those guys are capable of putting up 50 yrds 0 tds or 125 yards a TD

What a predicament.

Hey, don't even get me started with those predicaments..it's just crazy!! But what are you gonna do??? Good post.

I hope nobody tries to ruin the enjoyment of the pure complexity of this predicament by trying to give advice....

For this kind of doozy, it's really only satisfying to solve it on your own... :bandana:

This predicament is like a conundrum wrapped in an enigma... turned side ways.

wild_and_crazy_guy Posted Today, 07:58 PM

I'm not sure what more can be said.

Who are you planning to start in week 2? Maybe we can start discussing that.

David PatteRn

No one in this forum cares about other people's fantasy teams. This forum is used to learn about player news, statuses, etc. Not someone's lineup dilemmas.

Your absolutely correct.

Do you have a twitter account?

If so, please post the link here so I can sign up.

I can't wait to see how you handle this predicament :dunno: