Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

They got it right - was the correct call.

I don't really care about it all that much as I am not a fan of either team, but all year long that pass to Clement is called incomplete. He was bobbling the ball as he went out of bounds.

I'm going to Vegas this weekend, I'll have to see what a parlay of Eagles vs. spread and the under would pay out. It's tempting.

:doh: I was really second guessing taking the under the last few days. Hell of a game though!

I don't really care about it all that much as I am not a fan of either team, but all year long that pass to Clement is called incomplete. He was bobbling the ball as he went out of bounds.

I don't care either - can't stand either team........ You, nor anyone else, could see the ball. From the camera angles available, it appeared he had it and was inbounds - touchdown.

• Like 1

I don't care either - can't stand either team........ You, nor anyone else, could see the ball. From the camera angles available, it appeared he had it and was inbounds - touchdown.

They showed the bobble on TV. Even the announcers were stunned as well as many others commenting on it today.

While I'm glad the call stood, in a regular season game the call probably gets overturned....I think we all know they've overturned worse.

I am amazingly pleased that the refs mostly stayed out of the game and let guys make or not make plays. The manufactured drama of refs curled up in a circle deciding the fates of games based on interpretation of sketchily written rules is not what I tune in for. They should let it be like this game whenever plausible. I really like the lack of overdoing it on pass interference.

Sure, there are teams out there that force you to blow the whistle, so I understand the refs getting tight sometimes. But the super bowl is not that time most years.

Tom and Nick made a bunch of great throws under reasonable duress. That was about a good a game as two qbs could play. One of those is surprising. Nick went Doug Williams or good Eli out there. Crazy.

My one grey space is what in the haitch E double hockey sticks happened with Butler not playing. I get that he hadnt been as good recently, but benched? Altogether? Hmmmmmm...

And watching that game was the achievement of your life. Typical philly fan. Grab your mummers day dress for the celebration.

Let me guess: Vikings fan?

They showed the bobble on TV. Even the announcers were stunned as well as many others commenting on it today.

You saw something you wanted to see...... I saw a catch, 2 steps - TD.

• Like 1

While I'm glad the call stood, in a regular season game the call probably gets overturned....I think we all know they've overturned worse.

I was shocked they didn't overturn it - simply based on the hosing they gave Jesse James this year........ But I'm glad to see they got it right in the biggest game of the year.

Typical philly fan. Let's all go throw some unopened beer cans at the kids with another team jerseys on and cheer about it. Now that's the definition of a puss. Pure scum. Get your dress ready for mummers day. So many to choose from I'm sure.

I've never thrown anything at a fan of another team. Ever. You, on the other hand, well...everyone can see what you are.

Both of those TD's were clearly the right call. Clement had the ball while his first foot was down. "Tucking" the ball to secure it, is NOT considered bobbling or loss of control. It's what he was doing when as the second foot came down and why it was called... accurately as a TD.

Ertz is touchdown is even more clear. He caught the ball, ran, and dove into the endzone. Once the ball crossed the line, which it did while the ball was in there air, it's a TD... play over. The fact that the ball popped out after hitting the ground is irrelevant because there play was already over by that point. That was a TD and not even debatable.

"The calls" didn't go the Eagles way last night. There was clear pass interference that they didn't call on that 2-point conversion. There were a countless number of times where I saw Eagles DL'men getting TACKLED on pass plays. Folks... that's HOLDING! The Patriots were flagged ONCE the whole game. That's absurd. The Eagles were flagged 6 times. I think that game was a sign of the refs letting the players play as long as nothing was egregious. No one "got the calls" and on one "got screwed by the refs". The "calls", and lack there of, went both ways fairly evenly.

In the end, the Eagles won because they made the play(s) they needed to at the end and the Patriots didn't. Great game by all accounts and the only people who wouldn't agree would be the butt-hurt crybabies.

• Like 1

Both of those TD's were clearly the right call. Clement had the ball while his first foot was down. "Tucking" the ball to secure it, is NOT considered bobbling or loss of control. It's what he was doing when as the second foot came down and why it was called... accurately as a TD.

Ertz is touchdown is even more clear. He caught the ball, ran, and dove into the endzone. Once the ball crossed the line, which it did while the ball was in there air, it's a TD... play over. The fact that the ball popped out after hitting the ground is irrelevant because there play was already over by that point. That was a TD and not even debatable.

"The calls" didn't go the Eagles way last night. There was clear pass interference that they didn't call on that 2-point conversion. There were a countless number of times where I saw Eagles DL'men getting TACKLED on pass plays. Folks... that's HOLDING! The Patriots were flagged ONCE the whole game. That's absurd. The Eagles were flagged 6 times. I think that game was a sign of the refs letting the players play as long as nothing was egregious. No one "got the calls" and on one "got screwed by the refs". The "calls", and lack there of, went both ways fairly evenly.

In the end, the Eagles won because they made the play(s) they needed to at the end and the Patriots didn't. Great game by all accounts and the only people who wouldn't agree would be the butt-hurt crybabies.

I agree with your last paragraph for sure

Heck I lost my bet, but congrats too you Eagles fans, wow the Eagles played the type of game that was needed too beat the Brady's,they where perfect.

Congrats once again, go Eagles.

• Like 1

Let's face it, it was a good, exciting game, went down to the last play. Belichik played more conservatively and it didn't pan out. Pederson has some big cajunas with some of those 4th down play calls. That Burton to Foles 4th down TD was amazing.

Let's face it, it was a good, exciting game, went down to the last play. Belichik played more conservatively and it didn't pan out. Pederson has some big cajunas with some of those 4th down play calls. That Burton to Foles 4th down TD was amazing.

Brass MFing balls on that one. 🏀 🏀

It would suck to be seafoam today.

If sucks means waking up feeling good, knowing that I have zero debt and a great job that pays me 6 figures+, having a wonderful girlfriend, being in great health, looking forward to spring training for the Cubs, and having time to do other things that I want to do in life, then yeah, today was horrible.

If sucks means waking up feeling good, knowing that I have zero debt and a great job that pays me 6 figures+, having a wonderful wife, being in great health, looking forward to spring training for the Phillies, and having time to do other things that I want to do in life, then yeah, today was horrible.

I have all this plus a Super Bowl win. :first:

I have all this plus a Super Bowl win. :first:

I have my achievements and that is fine with me. Your achievement is watching other people gain success.

They got it right - was the correct call.

They got a bunch of calls right. Only missed one being that Clement TD. But hey, that's great for officiating these days.

I have my achievements and that is fine with me. Your achievement is watching other people gain success.

You dont understand: I have my achievements too. AND I get to enjoy a Super bowl win. Plus laughing at bitter haters like you. :first:

You dont understand: I have my achievements too. AND I get to enjoy a Super bowl win. Plus laughing at bitter haters like you. :first:

Hater? As I said, I don't care about either team nor your lack of achievements in life.

Philly played the right way. Their fans are just a bad reflection on a great team. Simple as that.

Philly has a great full team coming back next year and will probably be pre-season favorites by Vegas.

Hater? As I said, I don't care about either team nor your lack of achievements in life.

Philly played the right way. Their fans are just a bad reflection on a great team. Simple as that.

Philly has a great full team coming back next year and will probably be pre-season favorites by Vegas.

You seem to care a lot, Grumpy. :first:

They got a bunch of calls right. Only missed one being that Clement TD. But hey, that's great for officiating these days.

That one was certainly iffy.. A solid case could be made either way.. And one way, as I saw it, was that he made the catch, was securing it under his arm, all the while getting 2 feet down before his foot hit the line - TD.

That one was certainly iffy.. A solid case could be made either way.. And one way, as I saw it, was that he made the catch, was securing it under his arm, all the while getting 2 feet down before his foot hit the line - TD.

Yeah. I'm not even against the call that much. I just never saw a call this season that would support that call in this game. It would have been overturned in any other game.

To be honest, I'm actually shocked the didn't give the Pats a PI call on the last Hail Mary.

The nfl is somewhat clearly better off allowing more called on the field tds stand. The original intention of replay was to be able to correct obviously mistaken calls. It had unfortunately turned into a play takeaway mechanism over the last few years. If the super bowl was a preview of an updated way to treat that part of the game, most people would enjoy the players having more control. Get more open. Make more plays on both sides of the ball. Tighten up calls only when players are obviously abusing the leniency. It may work.

And we usually can expect that the refs are not going to call any bailout pass interferences during a Hail Mary at the end of a game. Most folks seem to be okay with that too.

I get the frustration with league rules around what is or isnt a catch, but unless youre a Pats fan I dont see how you can claim there was clear irrefutable evidence that any of the Foles 3 TD passes should be overturned.

I get the frustration with league rules around what is or isnt a catch, but unless youre a Pats fan I dont see how you can claim there was clear irrefutable evidence that any of the Foles 3 TD passes should be overturned.

There wasn't... And it's good (imo) to see wrs getting the benefit of the doubt for making unbelievable plays in those type of situations.

There wasn't... And it's good (imo) to see wrs getting the benefit of the doubt for making unbelievable plays in those type of situations.

Especially since there was no doubt all three were TDs.

Nope, never have never will. I'm guessing maybe 1 or 2 Philly fans ever threw batteries. Nice try LOSER.

Nope, never have never will. I'm guessing maybe 1 or 2 Philly fans ever threw batteries. Nice try LOSER.

Agreed.

Every team as a fan or two that's acts like a fool.

If sucks means waking up feeling good, knowing that I have zero debt and a great job that pays me 6 figures+, having a wonderful girlfriend, being in great health, looking forward to spring training for the Cubs, and having time to do other things that I want to do in life, then yeah, today was horrible.

Did you know that the Girl Scouts of America sale over 6 figures worth of cookies every year.

Mmm

Did you know that the Girl Scouts of America sale over 6 figures worth of cookies every year.

Mmm

wow.

Trubisky will be this year's Wentz.

Disagree, the Patriots won't be easily forgotten.

What they have done is dominate, and do it when they weren't also the best team on paper.

They have been doing it really in most part with less, because they have a great coaching staff.

Others have had more talent, but have come short when it comes to coaching.

I think it's been a great ride and as a football fan I really have enjoyed watching them do what they do and the way they do it.

And it's even more fun to watch fans of other teams wiggle with jealousy.

I bet on them for this upcoming Super Bowl and so I hope they indeed win.

Thank you.

Take nothing away from what the Patriots are able to do in the post-season, but everyone everywhere completely ignores that their schedule consists of:

2 games per year against the hapless Jets.

2 games per year against the hapless Bills.

2 games per year against the hapless Dolphins.

An assortment of other games against perennial hapless AFC teams.

They win the Superbowl and by default end up with one of the easiest schedules every year.

We got to listen all year long about "who have the Eagles 'REALLY' played against this year?" That's the focking Patriots every year.

No, he was not. It was pinned to his body from the moment he caught it through and to the ground with three feet in bounds. Go away.

To be honest, I'm actually shocked the didn't give the Pats a PI call on the last Hail Mary.

You mean the one (of the many during the game) they should have thrown on Gronkowski, who shoved McLeod so hard at the 5-yard-line to make about 5 yards worth of room for himself as he turned around?

I totally agree.