So what do all of these people who are making a "killing" on CC doing with their profits? Just keep them invested until it drops to zero or be millionaires in cyber space? I seriously don't know.

We will hear stories by mid to end of 2018 for the 2017 tax season. Or we might have to wait til 2019. At that point, we will know more. I'd say some will get "caught", some will avoid taxes and then some gray area in between.

What about losses. How much will they allow you to claim in a year? With stocks, there is a max loss allowed per fiscal tax year.

You can damn well bet that people will claim their losses (if substantial). So, the IRS will be dealing with tons of people claiming losses, but those with gains will be hiding it. At that point, the IRS may step up their efforts to find CC accounts/profits.

:doh:

Anyone who has gained enough to flag the IRS would deserve it if they actually put the money in a US bank account.

Self report, not sure where bandrus is going with this.

Mensa must have a better plan? :dunno:

Im not really going anywhere with it.. I actually didnt know people were reporting profits on this stuff as income... it is really news to me

• Like 1

Im not really going anywhere with it.. I actually didnt know people were reporting profits on this stuff as income... it is really news to me

Well then, It's a good thing I axed the question. You can thank me by gifting me $10,000 worth of crypto.

Well then, It's a good thing I axed the question. You can thank me by gifting me $10,000 worth of crypto.

LOL im not reporting my small profits to the IRS so it didnt really save myself anything

Heads up to anyone using credit for buying, they are starting to charge cash advance fees for coinbase purchases. Yet another reason to sign up and look forward to Robinhood and hopefully leave coinbase behind soon. If anyone still hasnt signed up but wants to, use my referral and we both get a free random stock.

https://share.robinhood.com/montanc6

The anonymous portion of crypto is when it's tramaferes p2p basically. I will give you x product, you deposit y crypto currency into my account. Still, feds are able to track some bitcoin purchases. It's why Monero is preferred as a privacy coin. It's also why some governments are banning privacy coins. Bitcoin is not yet officially a privacy coin

Banks have to report any deposit over 10,000... it's how they keep dope money in check.

Also if you tey to get around it by making several smaller deposits over time it flags as well... can't remember the formula they use.

I deposited 25k in cash in my checking account when I purchased house and never heard a single thing... in the grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money and if the irs has time to check into transactions that small we should all be worried

I deposited 25 in cash in my checking account when I purchased house and never heard a single thing... in the grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money and if the irs has time to check into transactions that small we should all be worried

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/the-irs-can-seize-your-cash-through-forfeiture-2014-10

Banks have to report any deposit over 10,000..

Only cash. They don't report every deposit over 10k.

They report cash withdrawals or deposits 10k or over.

Heads up to anyone using credit for buying, they are starting to charge cash advance fees for coinbase purchases. Yet another reason to sign up and look forward to Robinhood and hopefully leave coinbase behind soon. If anyone still hasnt signed up but wants to, use my referral and we both get a free random stock.

https://share.robinhood.com/montanc6

I got Zynga as my free stock. Never heard of it. :dunno: Thanks for the free $3.54 though.

Same here.

Apparently they make online games, such as Farmville.

Apparently they make online games, such as Farmville.

I’m familiar. They used to be huge when those games were popular but lost steam as mobile gaming really took off after that. Companies now like Supercell and tencent make millions upon millions A DAY in revenue just from their mobile games.

There is a serious CC squeeze happening atm. Clearly an effort to squeeze out those who trade and don't hold.

There is a serious CC squeeze happening atm. Clearly an effort to squeeze out those who trade and don't hold.

I think it's just market fear. The bitfinex/tether news, the hacking news, plus new regulation news. It's interesting to see the psychology behind these massive sell offs

I think it's just market fear. The bitfinex/tether news, the hacking news, plus new regulation news. It's interesting to see the psychology behind these massive sell offs

It's clear that there are levels of $BTC which are 'liquidity pools': automatic stop loss levels set by 'pools' of BTC investors, and MM's are targeting these pools by trying to drive down market sentiment to harvest these automatically traded levels if hit.

This is a great time to have done what you did: consolidate into BTC and wait out the effort. Should be a strong rebound subsequent; I'm hoping with the good IOTA news coming out that the same will happen to IOTA; though it's done nothing but go down at every entry point I've chosen. :(

Another major factor for CCs will be Robinhood coming online with close to 2 million new traders just itching to pour money into CCs.

Another major factor for CCs will be Robinhood coming online with close to 2 million new traders just itching to pour money into CCs.

2 million new traders to crypto, or 2 million accounts total?

2 million new traders to crypto, or 2 million accounts total?

I'm guessing probably 1/3 of those are new traders.

Bitcoin Cash went from 2800 to 1487 in a little over a momf

There is no question that if I wanted max returns over this timeline, I should have kept in ETH, and ETH only. Diversifying out of it into IOTA has taken about 40% of my paper gains away.

But I now own a whole lot of a CC in which I believe whole-heartedly. I've become an avid follower of all things IOTA, and I can tell you that things like Taipei, Japan and the Netherlands signing on with IOTA to build their smart-city technology is just the tip of the iceberg.

This is long-term bet for me, and I haven't felt as certain about an investment I've made as I do about this one in my memory.

Saw a prediction that LTC will go to 85 :thumbsdown:

that's how you piss away 1500 folks :wall:

Saw a prediction that LTC will go to 85 :thumbsdown:

that's how you piss away 1500 folks :wall:

I'm not into CC's....but...there is also probably a prediction somewhere that says its going to 500

Just because you saw a prediction....meh...doesn't mean much.

I'm not into CC's....but...there is also probably a prediction somewhere that says its going to 500

Just because you saw a prediction....meh...doesn't mean much.

Not like I'll sell it. Either way.

I deposited 25k in cash in my checking account when I purchased house and never heard a single thing... in the grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money and if the irs has time to check into transactions that small we should all be worried

They don't tell you they are monitoring your large cash transactions

It's pretty clear right now that with most CCs down pretty big off their all time highs and in a period of stagnation (relatively speaking) that the way to make money is to play to volatility. Buy 5k of ethereum as it drops near 1k. Sell as it approaches 1200. Rinse and repeat. Buy rippLe below 1.10. Sell over 1.30.

I don't have the time to monitor it but was looking at some charts today and you could have turned some nice profits that way.

The continuous gains have gone stale.

It's pretty clear right now that with most CCs down pretty big off their all time highs and in a period of stagnation (relatively speaking) that the way to make money is to play to volatility. Buy 5k of ethereum as it drops near 1k. Sell as it approaches 1200. Rinse and repeat. Buy rippLe below 1.10. Sell over 1.30.

I don't have the time to monitor it but was looking at some charts today and you could have turned some nice profits that way.

The continuous gains have gone stale.

Agree about Ripple on the buy price, but I'd wait to $1.50 to sell. Wait for correction and repeat. :thumbsup:

From the looks of it this morning, there should be an upward surge soon. BUY BUY BUY