Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Jared Cook

I find it generally odd that the overall fantasy community isn't talking about him. I know we're used to him having a big game, everyone getting excited and him vanishing, but he hasn't vanished, is coming off a monster game and is the #1 scoring TE in fantasy. I think what I like most about him this year is they are using him as a WR often. I am in on Cook ROS. Thoughts?

The problem is we have all seen it. As soon as you believe he burns you.

The problem is we have all seen it. As soon as you believe he burns you.

I have believed this for his entire career. However, this year his usage is just different than before. It's not reliant on him bringing in one or two HUGE long catches for TDs. This is volume, and they are splitting him out wide.

He’s been special so far.

Whats hard to deal with is the huge variances in pts. Hopefully he levels out.

Sure he has his big explosion games. But his floor is 8 PPR points. Is that really a huge variance? I mean sure, the ceiling is high, but is the floor all that low for a TE?

Tried to trade him earlier in the season in my dynasty league. Sort of glad I couldnt. Had Delanie and Engram go down for me. Glad I was stacked at TE. Hurst I drafted this year as well.

When I lost Olsen I grabbed Cook and has worked out very well so far. Let's just hope it continues.

Congrats great move , so far.

Good luck.

He's played 4 games, had 2 huge games and 2 games with next to nothing,

That sounds about right for Jared Cook, he's good for about 3-4 big games a year, two have just come towards the start of the season

He's the #1 TE, that says more about the TE spot than anything else

I wouldnt call his "other" 2 games next to nothing. 8 points isnt next to nothing from the TE spot. Isnt good. But next to nothing no. Was 1 yard away from 9 in one of the games.

I wouldnt call his "other" 2 games next to nothing. 8 points isnt next to nothing from the TE spot. Isnt good. But next to nothing no. Was 1 yard away from 9 in one of the games.

Id love to be getting 8 from my TE after a 0 from Jonnu a few weeks ago and a 0 from Howard last week.

3 and 4 for me, no PPR

Id love to be getting 8 from my TE after a 0 from Jonnu a few weeks ago and a 0 from Howard last week.

Lol, in one of my games last week, we combined for 388 points, zero from either TE

3 and 4 for me, no PPR

Well then the TE spot for you will never score much constantly. No one is calling him gronk. But even very good TEs are going to have plenty of games like he has had. 3-5 catches 30-50 yards.

Well then the TE spot for you will never score much constantly. No one is calling him gronk. But even very good TEs are going to have plenty of games like he has had. 3-5 catches 30-50 yards.

Yep, that's why I have Jared Cook

With Casey Hayward locking down on Amari Cooper, I would imagine that Cook once again will be the focal point of the Raider passing game in Week 5. Start him if you got him.