Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2017

Yup. Clear anti Yankee bias. Should Altuve have won? It's a close one. For it to be a runaway shows the bias. Oh well, the NY Yankees are about rings, not awards.

I am the biggest Yankmee basher there is and I thought Jose should win it - but I agree there was bias. No way should it if been a runaway. No way.

And it was under 6 weeks not 2 months he was garbage. That said he still broke the rookie HR record. Hit 52 despite 6 week slump. Agreed the strikeout probably hurt him.

But to end up closer to third place then first place showed ridiculous bias.

Glad Jose won.

It was not obvious. There was debate.

In all honesty, the only people I hear saying it was close or debatable - are Yankees fans..... Across the board, among non Astros and non Yankees fans, it was clearly Altuve.

In all honesty, the only people I hear saying it was close or debatable - are Yankees fans..... Across the board, among non Astros and non Yankees fans, it was clearly Altuve.

Really? So you didn't read the numerous articles comparing the two?

Really? So you didn't read the numerous articles comparing the two?

Articles - you mean people who's job it is to come up with stuff to write? Yea I read a few - most of those either said Altuve or gave the standard issue, "an argument can be made" line.

Like I said, for all its follies - this place is actually a rather good melting pot of people - a solid representation of views from all over the map. I think it says something when fans from all over - the only ones who seem to think it was close are Yankees fans.... Which isn't to diminish Judge's year - it was pretty remarkable..... But Altuve's stood alone - and it was represented as such.

Articles - you mean people who's job it is to come up with stuff to write? Yea I read a few - most of those either said Altuve or gave the standard issue, "an argument can be made" line.

Like I said, for all its follies - this place is actually a rather good melting pot of people - a solid representation of views from all over the map. I think it says something when fans from all over - the only ones who seem to think it was close are Yankees fans.... Which isn't to diminish Judge's year - it was pretty remarkable..... But Altuve's stood alone - and it was represented as such.

Altuve's year isn't some once in a lifetime feat. It was a very good year, nothing earth shattering as far as MLB history is concerned. When the big issue separating the two is consistency then you're not talking hallowed baseball ground here. I think he gets a big helping hand because he's a little guy.

Altuve's year isn't some once in a lifetime feat. It was a very good year, nothing earth shattering as far as MLB history is concerned. When the big issue separating the two is consistency then you're not talking hallowed baseball ground here. I think he gets a big helping hand because he's a little guy.

Judge hit under .200 for a 2 months of the season striking out 45% of the time. It cost him. That is where the debate ends.

Altuve OPS
Apr - .874
May - .903
Jun - 1.007
Jul - 1.251
Aug - .865
Sep - .832
Judge OPS
Apr - 1.161
May - 1.084
Jun - 1.167
Jul - .847
Aug - .680
Sep - 1.352

When they spanks needed him most, he wilted like a flower.

Altuve OPS

Apr - .874

May - .903

Jun - 1.007

Jul - 1.251

Aug - .865

Sep - .832

Judge OPS

Apr - 1.161

May - 1.084

Jun - 1.167

Jul - .847

Aug - .680

Sep - 1.352

When they spanks needed him most, he wilted like a flower.

1.352 in September is wilting when he was needed most? You, you're not too good at this

1.352 in September is wilting when he was needed most? You, you're not too good at this

When was it they lost the division? Try again Bozo

They had the wild card locked up nearly all of September.

Way to be Judge! Get em while we don't need em!

When was it they lost the division? Try again Bozo

They lost the division because the bullpen imploded. They won the WC because Judge carried them most of the year. Like the month Sanchez was out and he had the likes of Ellsbury hitting behind him.

Perhaps they wouldn't have needed it if he didn't disappear for 2 months. :dunno:

Perhaps they wouldn't have needed it if he didn't disappear for 2 months. :dunno:

Wasn't 2 months. And if the bullpen didn't crap out the division is easily won, thanks to Judge. This is the slam Jeter because he's a Yankee thing all over again. If every GM in baseball had the choice between shorty and Judge every one of them take Judge. And you all know this.

Wasn't 2 months. And if the bullpen didn't crap out the division is easily won, thanks to Judge. This is the slam Jeter because he's a Yankee thing all over again. If every GM in baseball had the choice between shorty and Judge every one of them take Judge. And you all know this.

You're nearing the waterfall, keep paddling with your hands

You're nearing the waterfall, keep paddling with your hands

Ha-ha. Hope the Sox are busting out the checkbook (again). It's the only shot they have, as usual.

I think Judge gets a big helping hand bcoz he's a Yankee... Had he been a Minny Twin, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

No many remember, but Carlos Correa started the season extremely slow - in a bad slump.. Yet, the Stros still shot out of the gate - on an incredible winning tear - Altuve was the catalyst....... Then again, midseason - Correa goes out for damn near 2 months with a broken hand, once again - Altuve was there as the Stros continued to roll.. I think those 2 factors played huge with the voters.

I kind of equate this to HOF voting..... I never have understood the bias against some voters voting no just bcoz they don't want a (deserving) candidate to go in unanimously. Either they are worth or they aren't - same with this vote. Stats, eye tests, whatever else - either you saw it Altuve or Judge.. I don't see why it's so unrealistic that so many say it as obvious for Altuve.

I think Judge gets a big helping hand bcoz he's a Yankee... Had he been a Minny Twin, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

No many remember, but Carlos Correa started the season extremely slow - in a bad slump.. Yet, the Stros still shot out of the gate - on an incredible winning tear - Altuve was the catalyst....... Then again, midseason - Correa goes out for damn near 2 months with a broken hand, once again - Altuve was there as the Stros continued to roll.. I think those 2 factors played huge with the voters.

I kind of equate this to HOF voting..... I never have understood the bias against some voters voting no just bcoz they don't want a (deserving) candidate to go in unanimously. Either they are worth or they aren't - same with this vote. Stats, eye tests, whatever else - either you saw it Altuve or Judge.. I don't see why it's so unrealistic that so many say it as obvious for Altuve.

Judge had no protection in the lineup while he was carrying it. Sanchez missed a month. You want to give big props to JA for that and none for Judge. Ok.

Judge had no protection in the lineup

:cry:

Judge lost because he hit .228 after the ASB and Altuve was consistently good all season...

See? Cruzer said the same exact thing about JA.

Lets be serious for a moment.

You don't give 2 chits who won AL MVP, a meaningless award since 1995, only to be made 100% irrelevant in 1999 - as discussed earlier.

Lets be serious for a moment.

You don't give 2 chits who won AL MVP, a meaningless award since 1995, only to be made 100% irrelevant in 1999 - as discussed earlier.

Some truth in that. What else do you want me to talk about? The Giants?

Judge had no protection in the lineup while he was carrying it. Sanchez missed a month. You want to give big props to JA for that and none for Judge. Ok.

So you in world of worlds - you think Judge got robbed, should have won?

Some truth in that. What else do you want me to talk about? The Giants?

Fair enough. I really don't care who won it, but it's more fun to argue against you, than for anything else

I am certainly not looking forward to 19 against Judge next year, or the year after, or the year after. etc...

So you in world of worlds - you think Judge got robbed, should have won?

No, they got it right. But for Judge to finish so far behind is kinda weird. They were not that far apart.

No, they got it right. But for Judge to finish so far behind is kinda weird. They were not that far apart.

Agree on the so far behind part 100 %

Well that's kind of my point... If you, as a Yankees fan, doesn't even believe he should have won - why do you think others should have still cast 1st place votes for him?

.193 from July 14 to September 16. :dunno:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=judgeaa01&t=b&year=2017#112-169-sum:batting_gamelogs

Ohtani yesterday released the seven teams he will meet with. It isn't making much sense. He said he wants to go to a smaller market and on a contender, there aren't any.

I think it's Seattle though

Ohtani yesterday released the seven teams he will meet with. It isn't making much sense. He said he wants to go to a smaller market and on a contender, there aren't any.

I think it's Seattle though

He says he want to be on the West coast, and he obviously wants to be in the American league - I don't see how it's not Seattle or the Angels... Although I don't see Scioscia putting up with his demands and antics.

He says he want to be on the West coast, and he obviously wants to be in the American league - I don't see how it's not Seattle or the Angels... Although I don't see Scioscia putting up with his demands and antics.

Ohtani to the Angels.

Ohtani to the Angels.

So much for that small market mumbo jumbo.

So much for that small market mumbo jumbo.

I'm really surprised he didn't go Seattle.. But oh well, just glad we didn't get him.

My Rangers have 300 problems, this one kid would of exhausted all our resources and not helped much... We need to blow it up, it's time.

I'm really surprised he didn't go Seattle.. But oh well, just glad we didn't get him.

My Rangers have 300 problems, this one kid would of exhausted all our resources and not helped much... We need to blow it up, it's time.

Would have sold tickets though.

Would have sold tickets though.

Yea prolly... This team is in deep trouble. Ownership is doing a snow job on the fans - doing just enuff to carry the faithful until the new stadium opens. They will sell and cash out as soon as they can after that..... Still can't believe the Arlington voters passed that stupid bond to build a new park... Indoor baseball, in Texas. :rolleyes:

I thought Seattle also, with Anaheim being 2nd. Had to be an AL team.

I'll assume he'll hit when he pitches and DH a game or 2 in between. :dunno:

Maybe Judge and Stanton can play tackle for the Giants? Win-win.