Sign in to follow this  
mnhonkerhunter

Start-up Keeper w/ great core carryover, need a couple

In need of a few SERIOUS managers for a start-up 12 team h2h keeper league. The managers already signed up are from a very successful (and serious) keeper baseball league, so we want quality guys.

The draft is set for Sept. 1st @ 4:30 Eastern.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=413427

*below is the league letter I sent out w/ scoring details,etc.

I have the Fantasy Football Keeper League set up and ready to roll. This is how it will work, you can keep up to 3 players (keepers) per year. With each player you keep, you will lose a draft pick the following year. Example: I am keeping Brian Westbrook and Drew Brees. Next year I will not get a first and second round pick. #2: I decide to only keep L.T. That would mean I lose my first round pick only in next years draft and will begin drafting in the second round. Pretty easy to understand, eh. Let me know if you have any questions about anything above. We may tweak this a little in the future, but this is a very easy and solid method for a first year keeper.

I made a few tweaks to the scoring system. Passing TD's are worth 5 points instead of 4. Receptions are worth one-half point (.5). I like having receptions worth a little something, but PPR leagues giving a full point seems a bit excessive IMHO. A few other very small variations is 1 point per 25 return yards. Forced fumbles get one-half (.5) point, while recovered fumbles still get the standard 2.

If you feel very strongly about something in the scoring breakdown, let me know and we'll discuss it.

One thing I am unsure of and totally at the mercy of you guys is the waiver priority issue. Would you rather have it standard, where you keep the same spot (unless you are moving up) until you use it, OR, would you like to have the order reset every Tuesday to inverse order in the standings? I currently have it set as the latter, because I think it would really promote a more balanced league, but let me know if you feel differently.

I'm interested.

Fee?

Pay-out?

Our league is disbanding. I might know another owner or two that might join. We played a similar format your league is playing.

Thanks

Steve

ctx32103@centurytel.net

No $...and in the keeper baseball league I'm in with the core group of these guys, probably the best league I've been in, money or otherwise. Great guys who are extremely serious about their fantasy sports. Most leagues if you attach a dollar sign it insures most guys will pay attention for the greater part of the year, the baseball league is different, and this one will be as well. If you're profile/I.D.'s check out as being a legit, seasoned manager, I'll let you in...otherwise this may not be the league for you.

Thanks for your interest.

Chad