Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

It was only abandoned since Stannis left. :dunno:

That's what I thought. That looked exactly like Stannis' place

That's what I thought. That looked exactly like Stannis' place

It is. Robert gave Dragonstone to Stannis after he rooted out that last of the Targs. Stannis actually wanted the Baratheon family seat of Storm's End but Bob set up Renly there instead. Stannis was always kind of pissed over it.

For those asking why the White walkers are so slow remember they can't get through the wall. They know that so they have been building their strength and trying to figure out how to get passed it. Which I think will be one of three ways.

1. Because idiot bran was touched they can now pass through magical barriers that where set up. We saw that when they attacked the three eyed Raven. Bran has now passed through the wall which will allow them to pass through the wall.

2. The horn of winter which Euron supposedly has. This horn when blow is said to awaken Giants and wildlings believe can bring down the wall. I think the gift Euron will give to cerse is the horn. I think he's used it before to destroy fleets of ships. Which Cerse will use to destroy Danerius fleet of ships. When blown in westros I think it will bring down the wall.

3. The dumb way is the walkers will just go around the wall near East watch which would be really really dumb.

I think it's #1 but I think #2 is cooler.

Well they were setting up #3 via Clegane's vision in the fire, right?

Would be pretty dumb though.

Could be the Bran thing as well.

Don't know WTF you are talking about with the horn thing so I doubt it's that. Sounds like one them book nerd masturbatory fantasies. :P

Plus I think euron's gonna get Cersei Tyrion

Read a theory that the Ed Sherwen scene will matter later....Arya was studying the soldiers. Later when you see one standing next to Cersai, you'll understand why. :dunno:

Well they were setting up #3 via Clegane's vision in the fire, right?

Would be pretty dumb though.

Could be the Bran thing as well.

Don't know WTF you are talking about with the horn thing so I doubt it's that. Sounds like one them book nerd masturbatory fantasies. :P

Plus I think euron's gonna get Cersei Tyrion

That might be where the cross but 1 or 2 needs to happen.

The horn has not been talked about on the show, but some people think Sam found it in season 2 with all that dragon glass

Read a theory that the Ed Sherwen scene will matter later....Arya was studying the soldiers. Later when you see one standing next to Cersai, you'll understand why. :dunno:

Honestly I think that scene was to humanize people to Aria. Shes on this huge revenge killing spree and forgot that just because people fight for the Lannister or Frey's they are just normal people too.

It's an interesting flip between her and the hound.

He screwed up and confused the Horn of Joramun that Mance Rayder was looking for (and that possibly Sam has in the books) with the Dragonbinder horn that Euron already has.

game of thrones is totally running chalk this season so far

Season 7, Episode 2: Stormborn

Gotta' admit - I didn't like it very much.

Dany/Dragonstone: Yara, Ellaria, Olena, and the whole "All Star" team just didn't work for me... I've loved the Olena scenes up to now, but this whole colleciton of characters mixing "Justice League" style at Dragonstone was off... forced... weak... I just didn't care for it at all.

And Dany's "bend the knee" attitude makes me not like her... hasn't she learned anything yet?

John/Sansa/Ravens: the series of Raven mail back and forth that slowly and painfully break dawn over Marblehead harbor is tough to sit through... we all know where this is going and it's hard to be two (or three) steps ahead of the characters and watching them read Raven mail to catch up to where we know they have to be.

GreyWorm/Missandae - she's smoking hot and the writing/dialogue was great "you're my weakness"... it worked I liked it.

Sam/Jorah/Grayscale - I like this part too, Sam's apprenticeship is quite cookie-cutter: he's lower than low and the great learned men won't listen to him even though he knows more than them - is't not very original... but overall I'm rooting for Jorah and Sam. In two weeks Sam's found Dragonglass and cured Grey Scale... the Maesters clearly are not all that.

Euron/Sand Snakes/Yara/Ellaria - Euron is the worst "villain" GoT has produced so far - tough acts to folllow (Joffrey, Ramsey) but he just isn't very good [cheese]"Come give your uncle a kiss" [/cheese].

And I think overall I hated this scene b/c ALL of these characters are the worst - the Elarria/Yara almost lesbo scene was weak. The sand snakes have been awful except for the fantastic boob shot in the jail... If they could have all died and been off the show, I'd have been OK with this.

And then poor Theon... I actually like that he didn't miraculously save Yara and "find himself" again... far more believable... Theon will never recover from his tortures and realistically, he shouldn't. Still, I can't help but thinking he's the Gollum of GoT.

Hopefully this was the one bad episode needed to move the story forward... each season seems to have one. And please understand, it's only "bad" in terms of GoT standards.

Who didn't know that Jon was going to leave as soon as Arya heard he was at winterfell. :sleep: :thumbsdown:

Enough of these same old played out storyline

Euron/Sand Snakes/Yara/Ellaria - Euron is the worst "villain" GoT has produced so far - tough acts to folllow (Joffrey, Ramsey) but he just isn't very good [cheese]"Come give your uncle a kiss" [/cheese].

And I think overall I hated this scene b/c ALL of these characters are the worst - the Elarria/Yara almost lesbo scene was weak. The sand snakes have been awful except for the fantastic boob shot in the jail... If they could have all died and been off the show, I'd have been OK with this.

And then poor Theon... I actually like that he didn't miraculously save Yara and "find himself" again... far more believable... Theon will never recover from his tortures and realistically, he shouldn't. Still, I can't help but thinking he's the Gollum of GoT.

Hopefully this was the on bad episode needed to move the story forward... each season seems to have one. And please understand, it's only "bad" in terms of GoT standards.

Typical of GOT to kill off the best part of he Snakes "The Viper" and leave us with the Dornish rubbish

Honestly, they are beginning to run out of characters I still give a fock about.

John, Sam, Arya, Danarys and Tyrion are about it.

I don't much care either way about the hound, lady orlenna, sansa, brienne, Jamie, and others.

Cersei is the only one I loathe left.

I'm glad the Dornish kvnts are dead. They were sh!tty characters. Euron is a crap villain.

I am not impressed with season 7 so far. I'm sure it will get better... the beginnings of seasons is always the most dull. But I think they are paying for killing off all the characters in prior seasons.

It was good to see Missandei's titties are alive and well. I was starting to worry.

I'm glad the Dornish kvnts are dead. They were sh!tty characters. Euron is a crap villain.

I am not impressed with season 7 so far. I'm sure it will get better... the beginnings of seasons is always the most dull. But I think they are paying for killing off all the characters in prior seasons.

Agree with all of this. They put a ton of budget and production into that sea battle between a whole bunch of characters nobody gives a fock about. Even Theon. If he had been cut down in that battle I would have been "Eh... whatever...".

Yara was a shitty leader. She had no idea that Euron and his 1000 ships weren't in the area? :rolleyes:

What is Cersei going to do with Ellaria before killing her?

can we at least get a longer lesbo sesh than she and Yara had?

eta:

How long would it take to mass produce 1000 ships back in those "times"

she will give her to the (dead) Mountain... necro instead of lesbo.

Have we even figured out if that is still Gregor?

Gregor's condition continues to deteriorate. The venom turns the blood in Gregor's body black with gangrene, and any leeches that touch him die instantly. His piss is full of pus, and the venom eats a hole the size of a fist in Gregor's side. His screams of agony are so loud they can be heard in the entire Red Keep, and wake several people up during the night. Qyburn states upon examining him that it is a wonder the man is still alive.
Qyburn brings the insensible and dying Gregor to the dungeons below the Red Keep, where the Mountain's screams can no longer be heard by those above the black cells. Qyburn experiments on Gregor before his impending death, and concludes that the poison was manticore venom thickened with sorcery to draw out the Mountain's dying instead of killing him instantly.
Gregor's skull is to be sent to Sunspear in Dorne as recompense for the deaths of Elia and her children.[30] Qyburn says it took beetles many hours to clean flesh from the bone. Qyburn later mentions working on creating an unbeatable champion for Cersei, and uses several female prisoners in his experiments.He has her order a suit of plate armor so thick and heavy that the armorer who created it states that no man is strong enough to move and fight in it

How much longer until Mellisandra realizes that Stannis, Jon, Daenarys either Jamie or Cersei is the prince that was promised?

eta:

How long would it take to mass produce 1000 ships back in those "times"

Especially since the iron island has no focking trees, hemp for rope, etc.

Season 7, Episode 2: Stormborn

Gotta' admit - I didn't like it very much.

Dany/Dragonstone: Yara, Ellaria, Olena, and the whole "All Star" team just didn't work for me... I've loved the Olena scenes up to now, but this whole colleciton of characters mixing "Justice League" style at Dragonstone was off... forced... weak... I just didn't care for it at all.

And Dany's "bend the knee" attitude makes me not like her... hasn't she learned anything yet?

:thumbsup:

So many heavyweight characters in that scene for such a non-payoff.

The dragons flew it in? :dunno:

Not to be all "in the book", but in the book the Iron fleet is mostly longboats, which are basically just rowboats on steroids. That at least would be slightly feasible. But in the show those are full-blown focking ships. It's one of those little details that's not worth getting hung upon probably, but yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

Not to be all "in the book", but in the book the Iron fleet is mostly longboats, which are basically just rowboats on steroids. That at least would be slightly feasible. But in the show those are full-blown focking ships. It's one of those little details that's not worth getting hung upon probably, but yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

Full blow war ships with 30 foot draw bridge to board other ships

ships? It was Pirates of the Caribbean Galleons with Mad Max upgrades.

And Yara, the leader of great sea-worthy people - is below decks playing twitter-twat so nobody sees the Mad Max Galleons approaching.

random thoughts:

favorite characters are probably tyrion, varys, little finger (beyond the typical heroes). loved danny's initial rise but am more neutral on her lately.

i find the transformations for both hound and arya intriguing. wonder it they meet up again.

humility looks good on jaime.

hope theon is able to turn the switch and find redemption.

am i alone is seeing a parallel to the nba and the formation of superteams?

would have thought sensa would have wanted to extend ramsey's suffering, or be a little more hands on.

would prefer that they leave the white walkers out of it and let the kingdoms fight it out.

just love the character and plot development..... so good!

Yara was a shitty leader. She had no idea that Euron and his 1000 ships weren't in the area? :rolleyes:

And what kind of lame fight back was that? Basically nothing, just stand around and look with your jaw on the floor while being attacked. Yeah, good job.

Where is Gendry?

did he really row off the side of the earth?

Is he still out there rowing around and will pick Theon up thumbing?

Where is Gendry?

The actor was seen attending filming sessions this season so he'll be around.

Where is Gendry?

:lightbulb:

he never LEFT!

he's in the caves below Dragonstone... the LAST place Stannis would ever have looked for him... and he's with all that Dragonglass with nothing to do except forge weapons over the last 3 seasons.

I'm shocked you guys don't like it..

:D

It's not a matter of not liking it.

I liked it. I'd drink weiss and benioff's bathwater, in a matter of speaking.

he never LEFT!

he's in the caves below Dragonstone... the LAST place Stannis would ever have looked for him... and he's with all that Dragonglass with nothing to do except forge weapons over the last 3 seasons.

The 'ol double back?

he never LEFT!

It's so obvious! :doh:

It's so obvious! :doh:

and... he's survived on... ONIONS!

Davos stashed him away with loads of onions but didn't realize the Dragonglass was in the cave... Gendry's been eating fish and onions and waiting for Davos to return... Gendry thought Dany was Davos but quickly realized it wasn't so he stayed in hiding.

No worries though... Davos is coming back with John Snow...

S7: EP03 "The Queen's Justice"

Yup. Loved it. They nailed this one.

This episode was rich with great dialogue, memorable quotes and clever foreshadowing (Snow, "I'm not a Stark" and whoooosh! Dragon flies by).

Dany and Jon's meeting was well done - this could have been very clunky and it wasn't, it was great.

Tyrion's narration of the battle as it happened and the twist at the end was perfect.

Sam / Jorah and the Grand Maester's reaction avoided cliche - again, very well done.

Olena Tyrrell somehow wins with her wit even when she's lost and dead- - fantastic.

Sansa's command of Winterfell and Littlefingers distasteful but wise counsel ("Everybody is your friend, everybody is your enemy...") is worth watching and processing over and over.

The Lannisters and Iron Bank dealings quite believable - "do slaves, dragons, and Dothraki pay their debts? I don't think so".

So, is it even possible that all the "bickering" over The Iron Throne ends with the White Walkers looming? Could we really see all these main characters in an alliance of necessity?

Oh - and Sansa leaves Bran near that tree... my guess is that's the last time we see Bran as anything but the 3 Eyed Raven... he's going to morph into that tree.

he never LEFT!

They should have had Gendry show up in his rowboat and pull Reek out of the water.