Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

****The Official Seattle Seahawks Offseason Thread 2014****

In order to be the man, you have to beat the man. The Seahawks beat the stuffing out of every man this year. Time to get focused on Re-Peteing. Pete Carroll. He's the Ric Flair of the NFL. If I have to explain all the ways that's true, you haven't been paying close enough attention.

I wanted to extend a "good game" to Peyton Manning. Sure, his arm is a wet noodle nowadays, and by facial appearance he seems a bit dim, and Papa John's pizza is as appetizing as a handful of used kitty litter, but he's a bright guy and a nice guy. Everything leading up to, during, and after the Superbowl was handled with a lot of class. For the most part, Denver is team full of nice guys. Good game guys. We will see y'all next season during the regular season.

Anybody else remember the early days of Pete Carroll and John Schneider, and their mantra of this being a 4 year plan. They kept saying over and over again how they had a 4 year plan for this team to reach success. Guess what? The Seahawks won the Superbowl in year #4. And let's also give proper credit to senior personnel executive Scot McClouglan, who spent a few years slumming it in San Francisco, drafting nearly every star player for the Niners, then returning home to Seattle in 2010, where the Seahawks continue to draft off the chart mutants and superheroes, and suddenly San Fran has had terrible drafts several years in a row. Make no mistake, San Francisco will never catch up.

If you put your ear to the ground, you can hear out there somewhere Jim Harbaugh throwing a hissy fit and chewing on his arm out of rage. Colin Kaepernick is in self checkout line in the supermarket since there are mirrors, and he's trying to bag his groceries, but he keeps missing the bag. I mean, it's only a foot away. But, in his defense, it was his first read. Oh, look at that, he just panicked and ran out of the store, bagless.

Enough of my nonsense.

Let's discuss the upcoming potential roster moves: cuts, restructurings, resignings, UFA signings, draft needs, etc. I'll put my thoughts together and post in a bit.

Go.

You'll be 8-8 next year

Harvin tweaks a pinkie

Wilson is exposed

Lynch loses 1/2 a step

You'll have the one Super Bowl

9ers will go for their 6th

It never lasts w Pete Carroll

Ask his ex wife ask USC the answer is the same

And

Back at 100% Crabtree roasts Sherman

Current available cap space: $2,201,197. Somewhat middle of the pack number, but that's what happens when you sign a bunch of free agents, trade for Harvin and give him a fat deal, and extend Chancellor. Hey, no complaints.

First, we've already resigned all the practice squad guys, with the exception of BJ Daniels.

Let me see is I can go over the offense first, then post on the defense later, to break it up.

QB: will need to add bodies
Russell Wilson. No change. Played with hurt left shoulder the last few months. Will be healthier next year.
Tarvaris Jackson. Free agent. I want to resign him, but he might want to compete for a starting gig somewhere. 1 year, 1.5 million? EDIT: RESIGNED
BJ Daniels: (Practice squad) Free agent. Don't care. SIGNED TO ROSTER

Terrelle Pryor: ACQUIRED FOR #247 PICK IN DRAFT

RB:
Marshawn Lynch: Possible cut. I think they try to get one more year out of him and the fans would riot if you dumped him.
Robert Turbin: No change.
Girl's Name: No change.
Michael Robinson: Free agent. Goodbye. Not as effective anymore. RETIRED?
Derrick Coleman: No change. Front runner to take Robinson's spot.
Spencer Ware: Injured. Will have hard time making the team. Another RB will get drafted.

TE: will need to add bodies.
Zach Miller: Goodbye. Cutting him saves almost 5 million to the cap. I really hate to see him go, but they have to free up money. EDIT: RESTRUCTURED CONTRACT
Luke Willson: No change.
Kellen Davis: Free agent. Might return to compete for a spot. I don't like him. EDIT: SIGNED WITH NY GIANTS
Anthony McCoy: Free agent. Injured. Might return to compete for a spot. EDIT: RESIGNED
Travis Beckum: Will compete. EDIT: CUT

Cooper Helfet: Will compete

WR: will need some new starters
Percy Harvin: No change.

Sidney Rice: Goodbye. Cutting him saves 7.3 million to the cap. EDIT: RELEASED EDIT: RESIGNED
Golden Tate: Free agent. Goodbye. Wants to resign for below market value. Improved in season, not much impact post season. EDIT: SIGNED WITH DETROIT
Doug Baldwin: Restricted free agent. Put a 2nd round tender on him. Would like to bring him back, would be cheaper than Tate. See what market is, might get draft pick back. EDIT: GIVEN 2ND RD TENDER
Jermaine Kearse: No change.
Ricardo Lockette: Signed for next year. Competes for a spot.
Phil Bates: Future's contract. Competes for a spot.
Bryan Walters: Who? He's signed for next year. Competes for a spot.
Chris Matthews: Will compete.
Taylor Price: EDIT: SIGNED AS UFA

C
Max Unger. No change. Played with one arm all year. Will be healthier next year.
Lemuel Jeanpierre. Free agent. Decent backup. Could come back. EDIT: RESIGNED

OG: will need bodies
JR Sweezey: No change.
Paul McQuistan: Free agent. Out of our price range to resign. EDIT: SIGNED WITH CLEVELAND
James Carpenter: Next year he is a free agent. The savings are probably a little over a million to cut him, but I'd still cut him.
Greg Van Roten: Will compete.

Jared Smith: Will compete
Steve Schilling: EDIT: SIGNED AS UFA

OT
Russell Okung: No change.
Breno Giacomini: Free agent. Would love to bring him back since he is a starter. 2 year, 8 million? Or one year deal? EDIT: SIGNED WITH NYJETS
Michael Bowie: No change
Alvin Bailey: No change
Caylin Hauptmann: Signed for next year. Will compete for a spot

Long snapper:
Clint Gresham: No change.

Jorgen Hus: Will compete: SIGNED: UFA EDIT: CUT

Defense will be up soon.

Pete Carol is a cheating pole smoking homosexual. He is going to leave the seafawgs listless like a limp wristed Truman Capote wannabe looking for balloon knots in all the right places. In other words, he's going to break all of your hearts. Those pats on the asses are far deeper than his true intentions. By the time he has four fingers deep, he'll be a Cowboy. Just ask USC.

On to the defense and special teams...

PK
Steven Hauschka: Free agent. He's been awesome. But he was a very late resigning last year. I wonder if the F.O. values him as much as I do? EDIT: RESIGNED UFA

Punter
Jon Ryan: No change

CB
Richard Sherman: No change. EDIT: CONTRACT EXTENSION
Byron Maxwell: No change. Free agent next year, so you might consider extending him.
Walter Thurmond: Free agent. Finally was healthy, but his play dropped off a bit later in season. I don't think he is brought back. Someone will overpay for him. EDIT: SIGNED WITH NYGIANTS
Jeremy Lane: No change.
DeShawn Shead: No change. Next great corner.
Tharold Simon: No change. Coming back from injury.
Chandler Fenner: No change. Injured. Will compete.
Akeem Auguste: Will compete.
Phillip Adams: EDIT: SIGNED UFA

AJ Jefferson: EDIT: SIGNED UFA

FS
Earl Thomas: No change. Team is pushing for contract extension. EDIT: CONTRACT EXTENSION
Chris Maragos: Free agent. Goodbye. When he played, he was bad. EDIT: SIGNED WITH PHILADELPHIA

Terrance Parks: Will compete

SS
Kam Chancellor: No change.
Jeron Johnson: No change. Restricted free agent. Was injured. Nobody is going to knock on his door. EDIT: 2nd RD Tender EDIT: SIGNED ONE YEAR DEAL

LB
KJ Wright: No change
Bruce Irvin: No change. Highest paid LB, and he's a bust. Never makes a play. They won't cut him.
Malcolm Smith: No change
Bobby Wagner: No change
Heath Farwell: No change.
Mike Morgan: Free agent. Special teams guy. Roster filler, will compete. EDIT: RESIGNED UFA
Korey Toomer: No change. Injured all year.
Mike Taylor: Will compete.

DE: in flux
Cliff Avril: No change. Wants new deal, free agent next year. Will have to get in line.
Michael Bennett: Free agent. Have to resign him, he wants to stay. Get it done today. EDIT: RESIGNED 4 YEARS
Red Bryant: He's in trouble. If no restructuring happens, he gets 3 mill roster bonus in March and 4.5 base this season, 6 next, 7 next. This contract is poison. EDIT: RELEASED, SIGNED WITH JACKSONVILLE
Chris Clemons: Good bye. I think you'd save around 7 million cutting him. Thanks for your service. EDIT: RELEASED, SIGNED WITH JACKSONVILLE
O'Brien Schofield: Free agent. Good utility guy for depth. Wouldn't take much money to bring him back. EDIT: RESIGNED UFA
Benson Mayowa: No change. Will compete.
Kenneth Boatwright: No change. Injured. Will compete.
Greg Scrggs: No change. Injured. Will compete.

DT: in flux
Brandon Mebane: He's in trouble. 5.5 million is too much money for this year and again next year, and if he doesn't restructure, he will be cut.
Clinton McDonald: Restricted free agent. One of the most improved players. Get a deal worked out. EDIT: SIGNED WITH TAMPABAY
Tony McDaniel: Free agent. He was a bargain signing this year. Would love to resign him for a modest deal. EDIT: RESIGNED UFA
Jordan Hill: No change. Will compete.
Jesse Williams: No change. Injured. Will compete.

Dewayne Cherrington: Will compete

Michael Brooks: Will compete

D'Anthony Smith: Will compete

Try something.....get rid of the ***** in the title of the thread..... maybe you will get less trolls

The title just screams come F with us.

Try something.....get rid of the ***** in the title of the thread..... maybe you will get less trolls

Yeah. I read your advice. And decided to add more ****.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

:lol:

You're welcome.

That's why he only does two shows a night.

Current available cap space: $2,201,197. Somewhat middle of the pack number, but that's what happens when you sign a bunch of free agents, trade for Harvin and give him a fat deal, and extend Chancellor. Hey, no complaints.

First, we've already resigned all the practice squad guys, with the exception of BJ Daniels.

Let me see is I can go over the offense first, then post on the defense later, to break it up.

QB: will need to add bodies

Russell Wilson. No change. Played with hurt left shoulder the last few months. Will be healthier next year.

Tarvaris Jackson. Free agent. I want to resign him, but he might want to compete for a starting gig somewhere. 1 year, 1.5 million?

BJ Daniels: (Practice squad) Free agent. Don't care.

RB:

Marshawn Lynch: Possible cut. I think they try to get one more year out of him and the fans would riot if you dumped him.

Robert Turbin: No change.

Girl's Name: No change.

Michael Robinson: Free agent. Goodbye. Not as effective anymore.

Derrick Coleman: No change. Front runner to take Robinson's spot.

Spencer Ware: Injured. Will have hard time making the team. Another RB will get drafted.

TE: will need to add bodies.

Zach Miller: Goodbye. Cutting him saves almost 5 million to the cap. I really hate to see him go, but they have to free up money.

Luke Willson: No change.

Kellen Davis: Free agent. Might return to compete for a spot. I don't like him.

Anthony McCoy: Free agent. Injured. Might return to compete for a spot.

WR: will need some new starters

Percy Harvin: No change.

Sidney Rice: Goodbye. Cutting him saves 7.3 million to the cap.

Golden Tate: Free agent. Goodbye. Wants to resign for below market value. Improved in season, not much impact post season.

Doug Baldwin: Restricted free agent. Put a 2nd round tender on him. Would like to bring him back, would be cheaper than Tate. See what market is, might get draft pick back.

Jermaine Kearse: No change.

Ricardo Lockette: Signed for next year. Competes for a spot.

Phil Bates: Future's contract. Competes for a spot.

Bryan Walters: Who? He's signed for next year. Competes for a spot.

C

Max Unger. No change. Played with one arm all year. Will be healthier next year.

Lemuel Jeanpierre. Free agent. Decent backup. Could come back.

OG: will need bodies

JR Sweezey: No change.

Paul McQuistan: Free agent. Out of our price range to resign.

James Carpenter: Next year he is a free agent. The savings are probably a little over a million to cut him, but I'd still cut him.

OT

Russell Okung: No change.

Breno Giacomini: Free agent. Would love to bring him back since he is a starter. 2 year, 8 million? Or one year deal?

Michael Bowie: No change

Alvin Bailey: No change

Caylin Hauptmann: Signed for next year. Will compete for a spot.

Long snapper:

Clint Gresham: No change.

Defense will be up soon.

A few thoughts on a few players:

I think they have to offer to restructure Zach Miller instead of an outright cut. Hate to see him go. He's a monster in the blocking game. A total pro. I'm torn on Golden Tate. He's really improved and does the little things that the causal fan won't notice. This is never going to be an offense where WRs rack up 100 catches but he does have games where he disappears. I'd love him back at the right price but definitely wouldn't break the bank to keep him. IMO Breno Giacomini is a MUST sign. The dude is tough as nails. The enforcer of the OL.

On to the defense and special teams...

PK

Steven Hauschka: Free agent. He's been awesome. But he was a very late resigning last year. I wonder if the F.O. values him as much as I do?

Punter

Jon Ryan: No change

CB

Richard Sherman: No change.

Byron Maxwell: No change. Free agent next year, so you might consider extending him.

Walter Thurmond: Free agent. Finally was healthy, but his play dropped off a bit later in season. I don't think he is brought back. Someone will overpay for him.

Jeremy Lane: No change.

DeShawn Shead: No change. Next great corner.

Tharold Simon: No change. Coming back from injury.

Chandler Fenner: No change. Injured. Will compete.

FS

Earl Thomas: No change. Team is pushing for contract extension.

Chris Maragos: Free agent. Goodbye. When he played, he was bad.

SS

Kam Chancellor: No change.

Jeron Johnson: No change. Restricted free agent. Was injured. Nobody is going to knock on his door.

LB

KJ Wright: No change

Bruce Irvin: No change. Highest paid LB, and he's a bust. Never makes a play. They won't cut him.

Malcolm Smith: No change

Bobby Wagner: No change

Heath Farwell: No change.

Mike Morgan: Free agent. Special teams guy. Roster filler, will compete.

Korey Toomer: No change. Injured all year.

DE: in flux

Cliff Avril: No change. Wants new deal, free agent next year. Will have to get in line.

Michael Bennett; Free agent. Have to resign him, he wants to stay. Get it done today.

Red Bryant: He's in trouble. If no restructuring happens, he gets 3 mill roster bonus in March and 4.5 base this season, 6 next, 7 next. This contract is poison.

Chris Clemons: Good bye. I think you'd save around 7 million cutting him. Thanks for your service.

O'Brien Schofield: Free agent. Good utility guy for depth. Wouldn't take much money to bring him back.

Benson Mayowa: No change. Will compete.

Kenneth Boatwright: No change. Injured. Will compete.

Greg Scrggs: No change. Injured. Will compete.

DT: in flux

Brandon Mebane: He's in trouble. 5.5 million is too much money for this year and again next year, and if he doesn't restructure, he will be cut.

Clinton McDonald: Restricted free agent. One of the most improved players. Get a deal worked out.

Tony McDaniel: Free agent. He was a bargain signing this year. Would love to resign him for a modest deal.

Jordan Hill: No change. Will compete.

Jesse Williams: No change. Injured. Will compete.

A few early thoughts here:

I read some where that Jesse Williams has a degenerate knee issue. Not sure he will be around next year. Hate to see Clemons go. I've really enjoyed him as a player. Whispers starting to leak out that Jared Allen willing to take a team friendly salary in order to play on this team and compete for a SB. There were rumblings this past year at the trade deadline that Seattle was interested. Would like the team to resign Thurmond. Maybe his suspension helps suppress his value on the market and he comes back at a decent price.

Yeah come fock with the SB champs. Bring it.

You're welcome.

Look at me look at me. I am gonna start adding 5 of them to each of my new threads. Look at me

The other West Coast leviathan has more cap room, more redshirt players returning and more draft picks. And Harbaugh is ruthless.

We are coming for you in 2014

Hide your jewelry, your food and your children

The other West Coast leviathan has more cap room, more redshirt players returning and more draft picks. And Harbaugh is ruthless.

Too bad your QB's balls shrink up like raisins when he plays Seattle.

I seem to remember kap also beating you guys this year as well

Don't worry our brooms will be out

By 2 points, In a low scoring game

Last time I check, you only need one point more to win a game.

And you must think the playoff game was low scoring as well, it was only 4 pts more than the 19-17 game.

Truth be told aside from the early season game, these are one possession affairs with Kapy even with his turnovers. It's gonna be similar next year unless something drastic happens with either team.

By 2 points, In a low scoring game

Kap was choking that game away until Seattle let Gore loose on a big run. Kap had nothing to do with that win.

And you must think the playoff game was low scoring as well, it was only 4 pts more than the 19-17 game.

Truth be told aside from the early season game, these are one possession affairs with Kapy even with his turnovers. It's gonna be similar next year unless something drastic happens with either team.

Are there no Steelers threads? How about you start one?

Are there no Steelers threads? How about you start one?

You hate facts don't you?

Best way to leave you speechless

A few early thoughts here:

I read some where that Jesse Williams has a degenerate knee issue. Not sure he will be around next year. Hate to see Clemons go. I've really enjoyed him as a player. Whispers starting to leak out that Jared Allen willing to take a team friendly salary in order to play on this team and compete for a SB. There were rumblings this past year at the trade deadline that Seattle was interested. Would like the team to resign Thurmond. Maybe his suspension helps suppress his value on the market and he comes back at a decent price.

I guess Allen might make sense as a one year rental to play the Clemons spot, if he's cheap enough. I know they tend to shy away from older guys, but they did sign Lawyer Milloy and Antonio Winfield, so there is so precedence if the need is a match.

I don't think you can resign Thurmond, or Browner for that matter. Next year, Thomas, Sherman, and Maxwell are all free agents. That's 3 starters in the secondary. There is only so much money that can be spent on the secondary, and I just don't think a dollar can be left over for anyone other than who is already on the roster or a draft pick for the back end of the defense if you want to keep the starters intact.

You hate facts don't you?

Best way to leave you speechless

You didn't answer my question: Are there no Steeler threads? Then how about you start one?

Well, SF has about 3 million more in cap space than Seattle, a bit over 5 million total. In other words, they are going to have to make hard decisions to cut veteran players as well, just to be able to try to resign guys and sign any draft picks. Don't think you will be adding talent overall this year, but you will have to face the reality of jettisoning more talent. The problem is your team is not drafting as well any more, so there's that.

Harbaugh has become a caricature at this point. Whereas players around the league as expressing an interest in playing for Pete Carroll for a discount, Frank Caliendo among others is mocking Harbaugh in skits on national TV. Jim Harbaugh is a clown, and everybody now knows it. The players are ashamed to play for him.

I guess if you keep repeating that San Francisco is scaring somebody at some point, I guess somebody might eventually listen. But not around here, not in this thread. Nobody is buying your drugs.

Don't worry our brooms will be out

To sweep up after this upcoming season's Seattle Seahawks Superbowl parade? How thoughtful.

In San Francisco, the Niners have engineered 2nd half comebacks to win tight games.

In Seattle, most of the games have been blow outs.

If my math is correct.

Seattle can clear 32 million by cutting Rice and Miller on O. And Clemmons, Bryant and Mebane on D.

I'd hate to see guys go, but we have to keep pushing foward so this ain't a 1 and done team.

Sacrificing a couple for the greater good is more than worth while when you've proven you can draft like they have, and you also have guys willing to take discounts just to be here.

And of course restructering is never out of the question either. Gonna be a fun month of march.

In San Francisco, the Niners have engineered 2nd half comebacks to win tight games.

In Seattle, most of the games have been blow outs.

Russell and Kap have split their matchups in the regular season. I don't know what else to say. And the tiebreaker in the playoffs came down to a last minute tipped INT from going the other way.

Russell and Kap have split their matchups in the regular season. I don't know what else to say. And the tiebreaker in the playoffs came down to a last minute INT from going the other way.

Nope.

Kaepernick is 1-3 vs Seattle career, 1-2 in the regular season. Alex Smith started vs Seattle at San Fran early in the 2012-13 season.

FACE.

Nope.

Kaepernick is 1-3 vs Seattle career, 1-2 in the regular season. Alex Smith started vs Seattle at San Fran early in the 2012-13 season.

FACE.

LOL

Face...really? I haven't heard that since the 5th grade.

OK he is 1 game under .500 against Wilson and only a tipped INT away from being .500.

You are right though, SF and Kapy didn't even deserve to be on the same field as Seattle :rolleyes: (well never mind the Seattle almost losing thing).

Kappy did choke or they would have been the ones in the superbowl. What was it? 3 turnovers and still was only a tipped pass from winning :lol: . Yeah he sucks no chance he could beat Seattle next year.

OK he is 1 game under .500 against Wilson and only a tipped INT away from being .500.

Again, to repeat, Kaepernick is 1-3 vs Seattle career, 1-2 in the regular season.

FACE. WUT. WUT.

Again, to repeat, Kaepernick is 1-3 vs Seattle career, 1-2 in the regular season.

FACE. WUT. WUT.

Again to repeat, Kaepy and all his suckyness was a tipped ball from you guys not even making it to the superbowl. Let that sink in for a minute.

FACE.... :wacko:

Ok "bear"

LOL

Face...really? I haven't heard that since the 5th grade.

You are right though, SF and Kapy didn't even deserve to be on the same field as Seattle :rolleyes: (well never mind the Seattle almost losing thing).

Kappy did choke or they would have been the ones in the superbowl. What was it? 3 turnovers and still was only a tipped pass from winning :lol: . Yeah he sucks no chance he could beat Seattle next year.

Seattle out scored the 49ers 23-7 over the last 2.5 quarters. That's domination. Not sure what game you watched. If you're going to troll a Seahawk know what the FOCK you're talking about.

Seattle out scored the 49ers 23-7 over the last 2.5 quarters. That's domination. Not sure what game you watched. If you're going to troll a Seahawk know what the FOCK you're talking about.

So what happened the other 1.5 quarters of the game? :lol: They don't count?

I guess you only like to talk about the part of the game that meets your narrative.

Still a simple tipped pass from losing to that sorry a$$ Kappy at home. Surprised they let you in the superbowl.

So what happened the other 1.5 quarters of the game? :lol: They don't count?

I guess you only like to talk about the part of the game that meets your narrative.

Still a simple tipped pass from losing to that sorry a$$ Kappy at home. Surprised they let you in the superbowl.

The Seahawks won the SB so your SB XL schtick is over. Now you are going to argue that the Seahawks barely made it to the SB? :wacko: Ummm ok :doh: Seriously go start a Steeler thread. You're really embarrassing yourself and coming off as a worse troll than Sho_Nuff 34.

Just heard on ESPN 710 Seattle Brock & Danny, that talks with Zach Miller underway to restructure his deal and keep him in Seattle. Miller played 58/60 snaps in the SB which shows how valuable he is to this team. he's a tremendous blocker. I hope a deal is reached. I would really hate to lose this guy.