Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Civil War II

I don't think most people believe it could/would happen. I can guarentee most of our politicians have zero clue what would happen if the "authorities" ordered a disarmament of some sort.

There's a pretty huge rural vs urban thing going on right now. Curious to see what the next 50 years brings.

A ton of folks are hoarding ammo/food, gear all over rural America. Hell... go try to buy .22 Shells right now. It's been that way for a few years. This ain't assault rifle type ammo.... we're talking basics here.

Smells like a fire on the breeze someplace.

OR... we could just all make a more concerted effort to get along despite our differing views? :dunno:

OR... we could just all make a more concerted effort to get along despite our differing views? :dunno:

Oh yeah... thats gonna happen. Lookit the sweet little cohort that is the geekclub. The loud and boisterous types for each side are attempting to get along fine. :)

The sneaky say nothing types :wave: will be the ones to watch out for when the sh!t goes down.

I think if people would mind their own business and stop trying to force their views on others we'd all be better off. We don't all need to get along. We just need to leave each other the fock alone.

Oh yeah... thats gonna happen. Lookit the sweet little cohort that is the geekclub. The loud and boisterous types for each side are attempting to get along fine. :)

The sneaky say nothing types :wave: will be the ones to watch out for when the sh!t goes down.

There's a big difference between firing off insults versus a few rounds. Nobody here hates the "other" side so much to inflict bodily harm....well, none since Mensa left.

So I think cooler heads would eventually prevail. Nobody wants to give up their cushy life.....and for what? None of our lives are perfect, and there's a lot about our country that needs fixing. But in the grand scheme of things, we enjoy a very nice life.

Whatever problems we face, we should fix them with our minds not ammo.

What's this urban vs. rural thing going on right now?

I think it's time to step away from whatever political forearms you visit or whatever beer, you're sounding a little nutty these days dude

I think if people would mind their own business and stop trying to force their views on others we'd all be better off. We don't all need to get along. We just need to leave each other the fock alone.

This.

We essentially have 2 groups of people, A & B. Group A is pissed because group B is trying to impose their views on group A. And that goes double when that view is that group A shouldn't be allowed to impose their views on group B. And, obviously, vice versa.

Most of rural vs. urban thing is that the majority rural America feel the urban centers pretty much vote in the opposite of their values/morals on everything. So it ends up being a taxation without representation type of deal.

City folk vs. Country folk...

I don't understand this concept that one group is trying to "impose their views" on the other.

Liberals are trying to impose gay marriage... Oh really? Well couldn't you say Conservatives are trying to impose discriminatory marriage practices?

Conservatives are trying to impose God on people... Well aren't liberals trying to impose atheism?

Obviously these are very simplistic statements but you get the idea. Both sides are "trying to impose their views" simply by virtue of holding those views and voting based upon them.

Now it'd be nice if we could keep some of this stuff out of politics...marriage, abortion, class, etc.... But fact is they can't be avoided.

I think it's time to step away from whatever political forearms you visit or whatever beer, you're sounding a little nutty these days dude

Haha... i suscribe to nowhere my Wormy. I've just beem trying to buy ammo for home and work lately man! It's freaking crazy. Folks are freaked out out in the sticks.

I don't understand this concept that one group is trying to "impose their views" on the other.

Liberals are trying to impose gay marriage... Oh really? Well couldn't you say Conservatives are trying to impose discriminatory marriage practices?

Conservatives are trying to impose God on people... Well aren't liberals trying to impose atheism?

Obviously these are very simplistic statements but you get the idea. Both sides are "trying to impose their views" simply by virtue of holding those views and voting based upon them.

Now it'd be nice if we could keep some of this stuff out of politics...marriage, abortion, class, etc.... But fact is they can't be avoided.

Yep.... this is the stuff i'm talking about. People are pissed.... add in a big ol dollap of gun rights vs. Anti-assault whatever legislation and it adds quite a bit of fuel to the flames.

Regardless of which side your on I don't see those fundamental rifts coming together.

People with no money are going to be angry when there's no more money left to give from those with money or some money?

Notice how I said "and vice versa" to indicate I'm not talking about either just one of liberals/conservatives.

Anytime someone pushes the government to say "you must do this" or "you cannot do that", that's imposing their views on other people. Off the top of my head:

Conservatives:

Gay Marriage

Abortion

Defense/War spending

Liberals:

Guns

Health care

Environmentalism

Welfare (forced charity)

Obviously there will be hundreds, if not thousands of other examples for both ideologies. Sometimes those areas overlap, sometimes neither wants the government to get involved. And the government does need to get involved in some issues to keep society running. But what those issues are and how far the government should go into those issues is what separates us.

People with no money are going to be angry when there's no more money left to give from those with money or some money?

bingo or when the race baiting potus tries to stir the racial pot some more.

What's so civil about war?

We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials for example to create a vacuum.

Then we fill that vacuum.

As popular war advances, peace is closer.

ooohh burn.

well let's face it. Your I'm ready post was begging to be made fun of. You're the biggest pussie on the entire board. You ain't ready for sh1t. You'd lie down in a fetal position if anything ever happened.

This.

We essentially have 2 groups of people, A & B. Group A is pissed because group B is trying to impose their views on group A. And that goes double when that view is that group A shouldn't be allowed to impose their views on group B. And, obviously, vice versa.

:thumbsup:

The anti-abortion crowd should be contented that they don't have to get one rather than try to make it illegal for others to get one.

The anti-gun crowd should be contented that they don't have to own one rather than try to make it illegal for others to own one.

Some people just can't let others do things that they disagree with. Their ideals have to be legislated for everybody or it's just not good enough for them.

I don't think most people believe it could/would happen. I can guarentee most of our politicians have zero clue what would happen if the "authorities" ordered a disarmament of some sort.

There's a pretty huge rural vs urban thing going on right now. Curious to see what the next 50 years brings.

A ton of folks are hoarding ammo/food, gear all over rural America. Hell... go try to buy .22 Shells right now. It's been that way for a few years. This ain't assault rifle type ammo.... we're talking basics here.

Smells like a fire on the breeze someplace.

We are raising a generation of kids to be afraid of guns and will not fight their control. What do you think is going on in the schools today? We suspend kids for pointing their fingers and saying bang. When the time is right there will be gun control in this country the mind control on the subject is just not complete yet.

Most people in this country don't even give enough of a crap to vote, let alone fight a civil war.

This is a case of a small, lunatic fringe trying to puff themselves up into a serious threat. Like a small dog yapping.

This is a case of a small, lunatic fringe trying to puff themselves up into a serious threat. Like a small dog yapping.

Bingo. If they cry that civil unrest and anarchy is inevitable long and hard enough, they hope it'll become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I love the "bring it on, I'm ready" crowd. Mentality of the jr high basketball player who swears he could beat the last guy on an NBA bench. Just a continuous ride on the disoriented express.

We are raising a generation of kids to be afraid of guns and will not fight their control. What do you think is going on in the schools today? We suspend kids for pointing their fingers and saying bang. When the time is right there will be gun control in this country the mind control on the subject is just not complete yet.

You forgot the part where some crazy goes into a school and slaughters a bunch of kids....and so now kids have to have these drills to prepare for the crazy coming to shoot them up. My 3 year olds have to practice that sh!t. So that contributes to this fear of guns.

If a family wants a kid to respect guns then that will win out over whatever is being instilled in the school setting....at least it should unless the parents are morons.

Schools should absolutely have a zero tolerance toward gun/behavior at school. You don't mess around with that sh!t.

This.

Group A knows Group B is evil and trying to destroy America. they can't be compromised with since their leaders are demons. They have to be stamped out.

won't be a civil war. Will be more like the breakup of the SovietUnion.then after years breaking up small faction probably start getting back together again.

well let's face it. Your I'm ready post was begging to be made fun of. You're the biggest pussie on the entire board. You ain't ready for sh1t. You'd lie down in a fetal position if anything ever happened.

You have a tough talking keyboard!

Group A knows Group B is evil and trying to destroy America. they can't be compromised with since their leaders are demons. They have to be stamped out.

Group B?! Group A has been behind everything that is wrong with this country!

There is nothing going on like this at all.

I love the internet, really I do, but the fact that it provides people with a forum to say whatever comes into their retarded brains as fact irritates the bejesus out of me.

What, once the country folk feel like they have enough ammo, they're going to go downtown and fock up the urban folk?

Jesus f'ing Christ, some of you are dumb.

:first: Newbie jr aka keyboard muscles!! :lol:

I like it. Two things I certainly possess. :banana: