Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Here's something useful for a change. See if you have any unclaimed money.

https://ucpi.sco.ca.gov/ucp/Default.aspx

You can check to see if you have anything in your name unclaimed. My wife had $48 from an airline overcharge, I had $10 from a Comcast refund from years ago sitting there, a few clicks and it's being mailed to me now.

Edit: The link is for CA but I'm sure you can google for other states similar sites.

Thank you Christian Fauria

That's just California. Can you see if they have one for my state? :(

That's just California. Can you see if they have one for my state? :(

Ah my bad, forgot other states exist. I'm sure you can google a similar service for the other states.

Ah my bad, forgot other states exist. I'm sure you can google a similar service for the other states.

Our states have water too

I did this for a large concert promoter who was audited by and incorporated in DE half a dozen years ago. DE is where virtually every multi-state corporation incorporates. The reason DE doesn't need income or sales taxes? - Unclaimed property.

'Dead Country" was the largest company that had never kept up any even minimal effort on UP. Basically, the way it works, there is a law that every company has to do its best to return the UP to its owner or state of residence (dumbed down). Even with that hard and fast law, DE makes a fortune on that shiit.

Now, add in DC; They had a policy that was nothing but shady IMHO. Let's say Van Halen scheduled a concert in whatever state eight months hence. Most of us whip out our plastic, buy our tickets and wait 8 months for the show. Then, Eddie goes on another drug bender before the concert. - DC has the electronic records and the ability to credit back the price of the tickets (and handling charge), but do / did they? Nope. Not unless you requested a refund.

Under audit, that shiit is projected statistically. So, you may go 45 out of 48 months with minimal activity, BUT then you have a HUGE month or two - that stuff is projected against the other periods.

I've left out a lot of detail and stuff, but you get the point.

...And that, my friends, is how DE makes it's money; Ignorance and Negligence. There's a reason why other states are furiously trying to get into the "incorporation" business.