Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your favorite thing about your league?

Right now I'd have to say we're active and we went from a league that NEVER pulled off many trades, to a very active league after we introduced keepers and the ability to trade draft picks was the best thing we ever did for the league. We also have a rule in place your keeper must be someone you actually DRAFTED unless you trade for a player and compensate the owner for the keeper rights as well. It's really been awesome for the league as a whole. We went from 1-2 trades a year to about 10+.

We've now had smart owners trade away talent for next year's picks when they know their season is toast. We have owners in playoff pushes willing to sacrifice early round pics to get that player who will put them over the top. We have people trading for young studs to get their keeper rights.

Anyway, that's my favorite thing. It keeps everyone active, even the bad teams are still active late in the year because they're shopping for next season.

We implemented a two win system. One for head to head and one for being one of the top 6 highest scoring teams. Just about every week you have wins coming down to the wire, and all but maybe two or three teams have a shot to make the playoffs in the last week of the fantasy regular season.

• Like 1

Funny you brought up the trade thing. Last year was the first year in 12 that I didn't do my big money league. I just had too much going on. In that one year that I was gone, there wasn't a single trade that happened. A few of the guys told me this offseason, We need you to come back. Who else is going to pester us with trade offers and get the trade juices flowing.

I enjoy the friends in the league, and it is my favorite draft. It's my only time to see some of them, and we always have a great time.

As far as the actual league, there are a bunch of things I actually don't like. Limited free agent moves to 8. Non ppr. Snake draft. A guy or two who NEVER respond to trade offers and never comes out to the slotting or our football viewing events (why does he even show up for the damn draft each year?). I suck in this league for some reason, but oh well. I love the draft. The draft and friends are what keeps me coming back

We implemented a two win system. One for head to head and one for being one of the top 6 highest scoring teams. Just about every week you have wins coming down to the wire, and all but maybe two or three teams have a shot to make the playoffs in the last week of the fantasy regular season.

Yes the bad beats that can happen in HTH play are really annoying. Nice to have a blend of TP and HTH scoring.

Funny you brought up the trade thing. Last year was the first year in 12 that I didn't do my big money league. I just had too much ###### going on. In that one year that I was gone, there wasn't a single trade that happened. A few of the guys told me this offseason, We need you to come back. Who else is going to pester us with trade offers and get the trade juices flowing.

I enjoy the friends in the league, and it is my favorite draft. It's my only time to see some of them, and we always have a great time.

As far as the actual league, there are a bunch of things I actually don't like. Limited free agent moves to 8. Non ppr. Snake draft. A guy or two who NEVER respond to trade offers and never comes out to the slotting or our football viewing events (why does he even show up for the damn draft each year?). I suck in this league for some reason, but oh well. I love the draft. The draft and friends are what keeps me coming back

I would mention I love our in-person draft as well. Plus having a trophy with your name on it and drafting with some of the same guys for 10+ years is great.

Can we customize this on yahoo? If not what site u guys use? I really like this idea. Thanks.

Can we customize this on yahoo? If not what site u guys use? I really like this idea. Thanks.

We use ESPN which does not have this setting. I'm sure there's a site that does it, but our commish uses Excel macros to pull the scores, figure out standings, and manually adjust playoff teams when the time comes. It's a bit of work but we rarley have the scenarios of overall points leader missing out on playoffs and the team that's fortunate with match ups but low scoring is usually a bubble team.

I just like the fact that we have a league that has been together for several years and we all know each other well from it and what to expect.

We can troll each with trade offers and talk crap to each other and have fun.

The amount of trades. Its a superflex league so qbs are always in demand. Last year we had 22 trades. Not one was vetoed

I like our 2 keepers that we can only keeper for 3 years. Makes trading prevelant. Also no cap on waiver wire acquisitions. Makes it so people who try a little harder get rewarded.....

Consistency and longevity. I have been in the same league for 27 years. Before everything was online and we had to open the newspaper and tally the scores from the box scores on Monday morning. Because of this we are allowed to trade players for future draft picks in years to come. Makes it very similar to real football.

A great group of people to play in a league with. The league is 20 y/o and we still have 4 original owners. Most have been in the league well over 10 years. Had one rookie owner last year.

Long time league, good friends, and we do both HTH and Total points.

Plus you have too pay money every week for the postion you finsh for total points each week.

It’s a league that every stays involved in the whole season.

Limit on the about of moves we can during the season.

And all owners must approve all trades.

And since it’s a local live league, I love the little side bets with the other owners.

Wow this was fun great post.

Thanks.

695 trades. Zero overturned.

6 different champions in the first 6 years. 2018 = year 7.

You must continue to evolve your roster all the time.

Big name players constantly hit blind bidding waivers for re-pricing. Market efficiency.

TE heavy scoring to make them flex-relevant.

32 teams, auction (no constricting ADP/snake order/waiver order), salary cap, keepers and no messy contracts that need to be tracked.

Waiting list always has names on it for replacement.

• Like 1

The saturday of labor day weekend. League established 1995. Lots of laughs, beer, college football watching, wagering, catching up. We draft during the heat of the day. 2pm to 6pm. Spend the night at the lakehouse and are hungover Sunday morning.

Its the one day in the year us forty somethings get to act like we are 20 lol

• Like 3

My fave? Our live draft, we always do funny stuff to determine our draft order. Our first year we did the airplane toss, where whoever gets the farthest, gets the no 1 pick. Our best one yet tho was a couple of yrs ago where we did a 5-10 yd field goals. I didn't think that fgs can be that soo hard haha. Up to this day we still talk about how fun that was. This year we're doing blowing a feather up in the air lol, u get the longest time and u get the no 1 pick.

• Like 2

We have a podium draft....so one of our members runs a brewery that we close down....then go up on stage to a podium he built and over the speakers announce each pick.

We also made the loser this year retake the ACT test. Think this year the loser has to set up a lemonade stand until they make an exorbitant amount of money.

17th year.

in this day n age of social mediazzzzzz and hurt feelings n such its worth making the effort to draft n person together if possible. We do it and have a blast. year 23

Live Auction league. I love it more then anything I have ever done in FF.

We have pay outs per win, division win, highest scorer and every round you make the playoffs. Not a lot but you can make money if you have a good season even if you don't win.

We keep one player over for one year only with a 20% raise.

We also run a playoff challenge at the end of the year we pay out on. Winner takes all. You have to keep one player from your team and they drat from all available players in the playoffs. Makes for a really fun NFL playoff.

Started in 2000 so 18 years together. The smack talk can be harsh and you have to have thick skin. Everyone starts the draft with a mandatory 40 of malt liquor - that's my least favorite part. The best part is for the last 5 years the commissioner's hot wife does a strip tease after the draft using the pole they installed for that very purpose. :overhead:

Started in 2000 so 18 years together. The smack talk can be harsh and you have to have thick skin. Everyone starts the draft with a mandatory 40 of malt liquor - that's my least favorite part. The best part is for the last 5 years the commissioner's hot wife does a strip tease after the draft using the pole they installed for that very purpose. :overhead:

That sounds like some straight red neck stuff

can size?