Sign in to follow this  
TK0001

Christmas gifts for the SO

My wife and I decided this year that we wouldn't get each other gifts. Made sense, but it still took me awhile to come around. It's been tradition, after all, since we've been dating. But we realized that if we ever want something, we can just go buy it at any time and gift opening on Christmas morning should be about the kids. So we bought gifts for the kids and I was just settling in with the idea that I was done, and she told me last night that her and the kids got me something.

:mad:

So there's a week left and I don't know what to do. I can't take all the kids with me shopping for something for her. I work full time and could never I can easily get something off Amazon and have it here in a few days, but it wouldn't exactly be from the kids and me. Plus I don't know how much they spent. So I'll probably end up getting her a diamond tennis bracelet and I'll open a World's Greatest Dad mug.

Get her an invitation to an exclusive Internet clubhouse :thumbsup:

We don't send out invitations here. :dunno:

When a woman tells you not to get her anything for Christmas or Valentines Day or <whatever>. That doesn't mean to not get her anything. Yes, I realize this doesn't make sense to us men, but these are women code words for please suprise me with something terrrific.

When a woman tells you not to get her anything for Christmas or Valentines Day or <whatever>. That doesn't mean to not get her anything. Yes, I realize this doesn't make sense to us men, but these are women code words for please suprise me with something terrrific.

Dude it's my wife. We've been together for 20 years. I think I know her.

also really? fock

Dude it's my wife. We've been together for 20 years. I think I know her.

also really? fock

:doublethumbsup:

Whenver my wife pulls this nonsense, I normally go with tickets to a play or some other gift that involves "doing something" as opposed to something tangible. We have small kids so the one thing she covets is a night out to do adult stuff like dinner and a show. Or a mini vacation with just the two of us. Or, well you get the idea.

I went this direction - http://tensewatch.com/store/womens-c-30_36/

Partially because my wife has an allergy to metals, and partially because she's now an executive and a rubber sports watch won't cut. But. BUT. The reviews are good, and the ladies like how they get noticed.

Those are sweet. Got her a watch for Mother's Day, though.

Whenver my wife pulls this nonsense, I normally go with tickets to a play or some other gift that involves "doing something" as opposed to something tangible. We have small kids so the one thing she covets is a night out to do adult stuff like dinner and a show. Or a mini vacation with just the two of us. Or, well you get the idea.

Definitely. Maybe a spa package would work. But those are like $500 a minute.

What she wants is something not super expensive but very thoughtful. Yes, I know, I hate having to do thoughtful gifts too. But that's the play here

Definitely. Maybe a spa package would work. But those are like $500 a minute.

Must suck to be poor. :(

Those are sweet. Got her a watch for Mother's Day, though.

See? Yet another reason not to have kids.

I have a tree in my front yard that doesn't have a name. It is O.K. with me if somebody wants to name it after their wife or SO. It is a live oak.

You know, everybody pictures the native Americans killing buffalo and stuff, but the herds only came through ever so often. They couldn't follow them because they would get whacked by another tribe. What they usually ate was acorns off of oak trees. They must have got pretty hungry before they tried them because they taste horrible. You have to grid them up on a rock and soak the pulp in water for a day. Then you throw out the water and do it again. It still tasted bad, but you can gag it down.

Eating that stuff all the time, it is easy to figure that if you were a hunter and strolled into camp with a rabbit or a squirrel the girls would be lining up to play dirty beaver.

Anyway, the tree is about two stories high now. It has some day lilies planted around it inside a small brick circle.

My wife has been crazy busy at work and completely unresponsive to questions about what she wants for Christmas. I'm focked. :(

I haven't bought her a gift in many many years.

My wife has been crazy busy at work and completely unresponsive to questions about what she wants for Christmas.

You could always re gift the herpes. Again. :dunno:

I have a tree in my front yard that doesn't have a name. It is O.K. with me if somebody wants to name it after their wife or SO. It is a live oak.

You know, everybody pictures the native Americans killing buffalo and stuff, but the herds only came through ever so often. They couldn't follow them because they would get whacked by another tribe. What they usually ate was acorns off of oak trees. They must have got pretty hungry before they tried them because they taste horrible. You have to grid them up on a rock and soak the pulp in water for a day. Then you throw out the water and do it again. It still tasted bad, but you can gag it down.

Eating that stuff all the time, it is easy to figure that if you were a hunter and strolled into camp with a rabbit or a squirrel the girls would be lining up to play dirty beaver.

Anyway, the tree is about two stories high now. It has some day lilies planted around it inside a small brick circle.

Hmm, will the name be kept on file in the U.S. Patent Office?

Whenver my wife pulls this nonsense, I normally go with tickets to a play or some other gift that involves "doing something" as opposed to something tangible. We have small kids so the one thing she covets is a night out to do adult stuff like dinner and a show. Or a mini vacation with just the two of us. Or, well you get the i

This. What she is really saying is take me to something I like and you hate, like Opera or Ballet. She is asking you to Ghey Up.