Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Let's Meet John Kasich

Hate to break it to you but fiscal conservatism is dead in all but metaphoric ideology. You couldn't implement fiscal conservatism in a timeframe that could outlast recession/depression that it would cause. By definition it would contract our economy substantially. And as our economic system is about the outlook of future growth, you'd need at least a decade to shake it out. And by then we'd have 2 terms of democrats turning on the printing press to save the day... You can use the ideology to balance just outright fiscal irresponsibility, but you aren't putting the toothpaste back in the tube

Maybe you should reread my post.

I know it is dead, even said it the post you quoted. Others are trying to say it isn't, but I do not believe that for a second. It is DEAD and we are FOCKED. My son is TRULY focked and so is everyone else's kids that are going to be left all this debt.

Maybe you should reread my post.

I know it is dead, even said it the post you quoted. Others are trying to say it isn't, but I do not believe that for a second. It is DEAD and we are FOCKED. My son is TRULY focked and so is everyone else's kids that are going to be left all this debt.

Your son will be fine. Teach him to work hard at his goals and he will sail above all the idiots thinking security and prosperity is a birthright

Despite lagging in support among Republican primary voters, Ohio Gov. John Kasich currently is the GOP's best chance by far against Hillary Clinton in the November election, a new national poll found.

The USA Today / Suffolk University poll, released Wednesday, found Kasich would beat Clinton 49 percent to 38 percent in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup. The next-closest Republican candidate is Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who the poll shows leading Clinton 48 percent to 42 percent.

The poll showed businessman Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz as being neck-and-neck with Clinton, 44 percent to 43 percent, and 45 to 44 percent, respectively. The margin of error for the poll, conducted between Feb. 11 and Feb. 15, is plus or minus 3 percent.

Alright, enough with the clown show. The Trump thing was fun, it was entertaining and all, but now its actually becoming time to support the lone adult in the room. :thumbsup:

A vote in the Primary for Trump or Cruz is a vote for Hillary for POTUS. People need to realize that.

Complete BS. It is very clear to me you are completely lost on Cruz and have bought the media narrative on him. Look into it before you make up shtt please. Thanks. Dude has more integrity than probably anyone else running.

It is not stupid about the establishment. You love the establishment guys that lie their asses off to get elected. you do not have to drive that point home so damn hard, we get it.

The establishment has been focking us for decades and your guy here is a member whether you like it or not. Caving Kasich BLOWS. He is a BIG government guy that loves illegals, and obamacare. No focking thanks.

Cruz is a slimeball. Not sure if anyone running can really have integrity. Kasich is the closest IMO, though Colbert tore him up on his show regarding the idiocy of the GOP SCOTUS nomination argument.

Cruz has tons of experience. Just to name a couple things, he was Solicitor General of Texas for several years and been in the Senate for a while. Here are some BIG ones though. He has authored tons of SCOTUS briefs and presented oral arguments before the court on multiple occasions. Basically, the dude flat out knows the Constitution. THAT is just what we need after having so many ignore the Constitution for so long.

I do not give two shtts about what folks on the left claim or who they want the GOP to nominate. Been through that the last two presidential cycles hearing lefties claim they would vote for McCain or Romney since they were moderates. So I am not buying that anymore, not by a long shot. That is just something they say to get an easy victory for their party because they realize how stupid the GOP really is, they buy the same BS line every election. If they wanted a moderate, they would nominate one. Instead, they somehow convince the GOP that folks want a moderate and then vote radical liberal. I have learned my lesson on that nonsense about moderates. They can not win.

Kasich is a HUGE big government guy and loves to cut taxes while behind closed doors, increasing fees for all kinds of bullshtt to get his revenue for his big government. He is a phony. He expanded Medicaid in his state BIG TIME with Obamacare, so that proves he loves that program as well. Neither of those things are conservative an both are big government.

Illegals, look no further then this quote:

Seen enough to know that means he wants them to stay and will do NOTHING about that problem and is not even remotely serious about doing ANYTHING about illegals. Sounds just like focking McConnell or Boehner there. Fock that shtt.

Cruz is a true conservative who would get the Hispanic vote. Anyone that pays attention knows that most legal Hispanics are not on board with the illegals. They are also moral religious folks, for the most part.

Cruz has talked the talk and walked the walk, introducing legislation and bucking the establishment non stop. A true conservative, which is why the GOP establishment guys hate him, which is VERY appealing.

It seems the GOP establishment hates him because he is a smug a** who would rather lose on his principle than govern.

You would have to be a complete idiot to think Kasich would even consider getting rid of Obamacare, which is one reason I am not surprised you believe it.

Please abandon this theory that Obamacare can go away. It cannot, no matter who you elect. Move on and work to change it. I'd much rather see elimination of employer paid healthcare and a complete open shopping market for coverage, just like car insurance.

Hate to break it to you but fiscal conservatism is dead in all but metaphoric ideology. You couldn't implement fiscal conservatism in a timeframe that could outlast recession/depression that it would cause. By definition it would contract our economy substantially. And as our economic system is about the outlook of future growth, you'd need at least a decade to shake it out. And by then we'd have 2 terms of democrats turning on the printing press to save the day... You can use the ideology to balance just outright fiscal irresponsibility, but you aren't putting the toothpaste back in the tube

Here's the fix.

1) SCOTUS gets a liberal replacement for Scalia.

2) Citizens United ruling gets fixed.

3) We now have a shot at my dream - an amendment prohibiting money to be used in political campaigns. All campaigns are run through debates on public TV, and ads are illegal. Now our candidates will truly represent us. When this happens, the budget will get balanced, because the lobbyists are gone. They can't bribe.

Alright, enough with the clown show. The Trump thing was fun, it was entertaining and all, but now its actually becoming time to support the lone adult in the room. :thumbsup:

A vote in the Primary for Trump or Cruz is a vote for Hillary for POTUS. People need to realize that.

I agree. You don't have to worry about Cruz - he's dead and doesn't know it yet. But right now, I don't see a way Trump isn't the nominee.

Colbert tore him up on his show regarding the idiocy of the GOP SCOTUS nomination argument.

Saw this ... not good

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/politics/fox-poll-ohio-florida-trump-kasich/index.html?eref=rss_politics

Washington (CNN)John Kasich has taken a small lead in Ohio while Donald Trump remains dominant in Florida, according to new Fox News polls released Wednesday.

The Ohio governor is leading Trump in his home state, 34%-29%, according to one of the polls, with a strong bump from Republicans who overwhelmingly approve of his job performance there.

But in Florida, Trump has more than double the support of home-state Sen. Marco Rubio, 43%-20%, according to another poll. The broad support for Trump in Florida is driven by a feeling that voters have been "betrayed" by their party -- a sentiment consistent with most exit polling from previous Republican contests.

The two states could determine who the Republican nominee is.

Rubio is floundering in Florida and right now Kasich is leading Trump in Ohio.

The tide is turning. :pointstosky:

Glad I got to meet kasich before he disappears

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/politics/fox-poll-ohio-florida-trump-kasich/index.html?eref=rss_politics

So the Wall Sreet Journal agrees with a guy who wants to do away with regulations. And worked for Wall Street as a congressman before he got a job with them. I'm very, very surprised.

Excellent news. Just the scenario I hoped would play out. Kasich finally sticks around long enough to eliminate the last of the non-Trump/Cruz people. He's way behind in the deligate race but if he can get some momentum and keep Trump under 50% going into the convention, he still has a shot.

It's always been an extreme uphill climb for Kasich but for how precariously close his candle is to being blown out, it's burning stronger now than it has at any point previously.

So the Wall Sreet Journal agrees with a guy who wants to do away with regulations. And worked for Wall Street as a congressman before he got a job with them. I'm very, very surprised.

No, a poll of economists were asked. The WSJ published the findings. Maybe all the economists are in on a Kasich for President conspiracy too or something. I man that has to be it. :doh:

No, a poll of economists were asked. The WSJ published the findings. Maybe all the economists are in on a Kasich for President conspiracy too or something. I man that has to be it. :doh:

Right. Just random economists I'm sure. Do these economists know that trickle down and no regulations are proven failures?

Right. Just random economists I'm sure. Do these economists know that trickle down and no regulations are proven failures?

Maybe as math experts, they have a warm spot in their hearts for people that understand concepts like addition and subtraction and it clouds their judgement.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/03/10/kasich-admits-file-enough-valid-signatures-appear-pennsylvania-ballot/

A couple days ago we reported that team Kasich was facing a court challenge to their ballot access in Pennsylvania. Specifically, the plaintiff in the case alleged that Team Kasich failed to file the required 2,000 valid signatures to appear on the ballot in Pennsylvania. The Kasich campaign filed 2,184 signatures, but the plaintiff alleged that well over 184 of those signatures were invalid and/or fraudulent for a whole host of reasons.

During the course of a court hearing yesterday on the matter, the lawyers for John Kasich made a stunning admission: they realize good and well they did not get enough signatures to legally appear on Pennsylvania’s ballot.

It's a non story. The same Rubio group is trying to get Cruz thrown off of the PA ballot on the whole 'birther' grounds. It's Rubios team freaking out and pulling out all the stops.

Anything to get people talking about anything BUT the issues. :)

Step right up, folks, to the Ted Cruz-John Kasich game. The aim is to push out the candidate who could win in November in favor of the one who can't.

Everything else has failed to stop Donald Trump, but the Republicans' strategy of putting their few remaining eggs in Sen. Cruz's basket and insulting Gov. Kasich back to the Ohio statehouse is delusional — as is their assertion that a vote for Kasich is a vote for Trump.

Let's take a look: It's hard to believe that any politician could be doing worse than Hillary Clinton, who had a net unfavorable rating of minus 13 in a March Wall Street Journal/NBC poll, but Cruz, at minus 18, manages it. Kasich has a net positive 19. Every poll shows Cruz losing to Clinton. As for the nomination, the proposition that Cruz alone could stop Trump is wrong to anyone who reads exit polls, studies current ones or looks at the map.

What's more, Cruz is the most universally disrespected politician in the Republican Party, which he wears as a badge of honor. And Cruz doesn't have Trump's positives, if you can say such a thing about celebrity, a fake everyman persona, disdain — shared by his followers — for policy and a knack for memorable slogans.

Cruz is a careerist who took the outsider route when his persistent efforts to ingratiate himself with insiders failed. In endorsing him, Jeb Bush had much to say about Washington being broken, but he failed to mention that Cruz was largely responsible for breaking it, forcing senseless government shutdowns, spouting nonsense during his preening filibusters, and adding significantly to the bitter enmity on Capitol Hill — and that's on his side of the aisle. Trump's sobriquet of "Lyin' Ted" doesn't sound all that outlandish to many of those who tried to work with the Texas senator on Capitol Hill.

Cruz's conduct worked to make him famous but, until panic set in, no one thought it would work to make him the nominee, much less president. The trend so far when someone gets out is that many of those votes go to Trump. A recent Quinnipiac poll shows that were Kasich to drop out today, more than half of his vote would go to the front-runner.

Although Kasich is being hammered for continuing to exist, he has a good case for staying in: He governs Ohio, which no Republican has won the White House without, was re-elected there with record numbers, and has high approval ratings for turning the deficit into a surplus and bringing 400,000 jobs to the state. He's pro-life and a fiscal conservative. He over-hugs but has kept out of the mud pit. He wins in every matchup with Clinton, while Trump and Cruz lose by double digits.

Therefore, he has to go. National Review's Jeremy Carl writes: "It is long past time to throw Kasich's campaign into the ash heap of history." Sen. Lindsey Graham took a more reasonable approach, objecting that Kasich is an insider in an outsider year. Graham, who once quipped that "If you killed Ted Cruz in the Senate and the trial was in the Senate, nobody could convict you," recently endorsed Cruz for the nomination.

On "The Daily Show" last week, Graham struggled to explain his sudden change of heart: "I don't dislike Ted. Ted and I have a lot of differences. He's my 15th choice. What can I say? He's not completely crazy."

The New York Times piled on Kasich with a headline about his nastiness, which was hardly justified by the reporting. Since leaving Congress, where he lived the Reagan dream by ramming through a balanced budget, he's mellowed. He's gotten married, had twin girls, become an evangelical Christian and made peace with his parents being killed by a drunk driver. He has a favorability rating of about 70 percent in his home state, where he won re-election with 64 percent of the vote.

But he bugs the Republican base. He isn't going to deport grandmothers. He seems squishy on trade, though he's brought back Ohio despite NAFTA. He took Medicaid expansion dollars as part of Obamacare and justified that decision by saying that he worried about accounting to St. Peter at the Pearly Gates had he not made sure the poorest were covered. Nonetheless, he never waves around a Bible like Cruz and Trump. He may sound too much like a compassionate conservative, but a short time ago that was the kind the Republicans claimed to want. In short, he's electable in the fall. Some Republicans hate that.

The ideal would be a two-front war against Trump. Had Cruz not insisted that he was out to win Florida when he had no chance, Sen. Marco Rubio might have taken the state's 99 delegates. In Utah, where Cruz had a chance, the more mature Kasich stood down and it worked. Cruz's win denied Trump any delegates.

And in Ohio, with Cruz and Rubio still in, Kasich won decisively, keeping 66 delegates from Trump. Looking forward to northeastern states, Cruz is not going to win moderate conservatives (see the polls above). In Pennsylvania, a Franklin and Marshall survey showed Kasich statistically even with Trump, and Cruz a distant third. To stop Trump, Cruz has to stay out.

What Republicans want — other than the 30 percent voting for Trump — is not a Cruz win but a brokered convention. There are fewer winner-take-all states left and there's no saying Cruz could win those in a one-on-one matchup against Trump. In moderate states coming up — and where delegates are allocated — to deny Trump his 1,237 delegates, the party has to reverse its mantra: A vote for Cruz is a vote for Trump.

Truth

I saw Kasich eating a slice of pizza with a fork in NY. When somebody said something he picked it up with his hands, like a normal person. Flip-flop.

Dude...stick to one alias or the other.

Fock...preferably the other, i have not taken the time yet to ignore this one.

If Republicans want to win the White House and keep Hillary or even a Bernie out then there is only one guy left who can do it. This isn't hard Republicans. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfzxGb9VIAAP_NY.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfzv6r4UsAAlYzq.jpg

but but but...polls are meaningless blah blah blah.

Fools continue to back to nut cases because they aren't "establishment"...too dumb to see that they are laying out the red carpet for a Hillary presidency.

Fools continue to back to nut cases because they aren't "establishment"...too dumb to see that they are laying out the red carpet for a Hillary presidency.

Take a deep breath, if repubs are going to disenfranchise their people at a convention. they aren't going to do it to give it to Cruz. Preibus saying it will be one of the candidate running screams to me they will manufacture a Kasich nomination

If Republicans want to win the White House and keep Hillary or even a Bernie out then there is only one guy left who can do it. This isn't hard Republicans. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfzxGb9VIAAP_NY.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfzv6r4UsAAlYzq.jpg

I just don't understand how these figures are not persuasive. And these polls have been this way for weeks, it's not some sudden trend.

Do they want to win or no?

HAHA. That is being completely lost and ill-informed as usual.

You seem to be buying this nonsense that only Kasich could win when the opposite is true, there is no way in hell Kasich could win under any circumstance.

Maybe you should learn from history, and I am not talking about a century ago of more, I am talking the focking 80s.

This BS you keep screaming that Trump's negatives are to high is just that, complete BS. We heard the EXACT same shtt with Reagan when his negative favorable rating was the same as Trump's at this stage.

I just don't understand how these figures are not persuasive. And these polls have been this way for weeks, it's not some sudden trend.

Do they want to win or no?

Most folks have learned through history. Reagan had very high unfavorable ratings too, and they(The news media and GOP establishment) made the exact same claims as many are today with Trump and we all know how that turned out.

Most folks have learned through history. Reagan had very high unfavorable ratings too, and they(The news media and GOP establishment) made the exact same claims as many are today with Trump and we all know how that turned out.

Actually, Gary, presidential elections are decided by the swing voters. They don't want someone more conservative, they want someone more towards the center.

Tea Partiers have yet to figure this out and continue to double down on the idea that if their nominee was just more conservative, somehow all the gays, blacks, latinos, and women would come to their senses and vote Republican.

People like me who wouldn't consider voting for a Republican under normal circumstances really like Kasich and would vote for him over Hillary. Like it or not, I'm deciding this election, not you.

HAHA. That is being completely lost and ill-informed as usual.

You seem to be buying this nonsense that only Kasich could win when the opposite is true, there is no way in hell Kasich could win under any circumstance.

Maybe you should learn from history, and I am not talking about a century ago of more, I am talking the focking 80s.

This BS you keep screaming that Trump's negatives are to high is just that, complete BS. We heard the EXACT same shtt with Reagan when his negative favorable rating was the same as Trump's at this stage.

He has the best chance.

Cruz and Trump are toast.

But you keep up your usual insults Gary.

Reagan was not this unliked and Trump is nowhere near the man Reagan was.

Actually, Gary, presidential elections are decided by the swing voters. They don't want someone more conservative, they want someone more towards the center.

Tea Partiers have yet to figure this out and continue to double down on the idea that if their nominee was just more conservative, somehow all the gays, blacks, latinos, and women would come to their senses and vote Republican.

People like me who wouldn't consider voting for a Republican under normal circumstances really like Kasich and would vote for him over Hillary. Like it or not, I'm deciding this election, not you.

I'm interested in what someone who usually votes democrat sees in Kasich. To me his policies are boiler plate republican.

I get that and you could be right, but I do not think so. The GOP can not win by forcing the base to stay home.

My only point is these guys on and on claiming his unfavorable ratings will kill him when we heard the exact same shtt with Reagan because his unfavorable were just as high.

He has the best chance.

Cruz and Trump are toast.

But you keep up your usual insults Gary.

Reagan was not this unliked and Trump is nowhere near the man Reagan was.

I will post any focking thing I want and you WILL just have to get over it. I have tried for YEARS to be civil with you and you simply REFUSE, so this WILL be how address you from now on creep. So put me on ignore or STFU and stop responding to me if you do not like it Bullwinkle.

Good, now that is out of the way, Reagan's unfavorable ratings were just as bad as Trumps. Not surprised you do not know this though.

I'm interested in what someone who usually votes democrat sees in Kasich. To me his policies are boiler plate republican.

Because of all his talk about let's just all get along and I want to fix things and why can't we cooperate anymore?

I think it's probably B.S. based on what I've heard about his actual record as governor, but it's the right kind of BS for this crazy election cycle with crappy extremist candidates

HT why did you delete your "Boom!" response to Gary's post?

A little too obvious? :lol:

I get in trouble easy around here so sometimes I have to undo my urges.

I will post any focking thing I want and you WILL just have to get over it. I have tried for YEARS to be civil with you and you simply REFUSE, so this WILL be how address you from now on creep. So put me on ignore or STFU and stop responding to me if you do not like it Bullwinkle.

Good, now that is out of the way, Reagan's unfavorable ratings were just as bad as Trumps. Not surprised you do not know this though.

This is a serious question, not being a smartass.

Didn't Reagan win with moderates and independents? Isn't that why there's the term Reagan Democrats? I was 7 when Reagan won his first presidential election, sooooooo lol. I see zero chance of Cruz winning over independents and moderate "dems". He's going to have a hard enough time winning moderate republicans, and Trump is done imo.

Link?

This is a serious question, not being a smartass.

Didn't Reagan win with moderates and independents? Isn't that why there's the term Reagan Democrats? I was 7 when Reagan won his first presidential election, sooooooo lol. I see zero chance of Cruz winning over independents and moderate "dems". He's going to have a hard enough time winning moderate republicans, and Trump is done imo.

Gary is waaaaaaaay off, no winning presidential candidate has ever had NEAR the unfavorability rating of Trump. In fact IIRC no winning candidate has ever had a negative rating at all and Trump is at like -20%.

Look chief...I have been civil with you for quite a while. Nearly every time you pop in to respond to me is you insulting me. So don't give me this be that I revise. You bumped crap from 8 months ago to whine about me. And you call me creep...focking hilarious

And no, Reagans were not this bad...and again..Trump is a focking speck of a bit compared to Reagan.

Its OK you moved on from creepy cruz to the only dumbass who is nearly as bad.

Just don't ever call yourself a conservative of you support Trump.

Look chief...I have been civil with you for quite a while. Nearly every time you pop in to respond to me is you insulting me. So don't give me this be that I revise. You bumped crap from 8 months ago to whine about me. And you call me creep...focking hilarious

And no, Reagans were not this bad...and again..Trump is a focking speck of a bit compared to Reagan.

Its OK you moved on from creepy cruz to the only dumbass who is nearly as bad.

Just don't ever call yourself a conservative of you support Trump.

Wow. Self awareness much?