Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

College Hoops

How wonderful, the day after the parade is KU's first preseason game. Who needs football? :banana:

Big year for the Purdue Boilers. I predict BIG regular season champs and a 3 seed or higher in the NCAA tournament.

Big year for the Purdue Boilers. I predict BIG regular season champs and a 3 seed or higher in the NCAA tournament.

Terps are going through the BIG like a hot knife through butter.

Jayhawks will go undefeated all season long, that's my prediction

Jayhawks will go undefeated all season long, that's my prediction

In basketball that's dam near impossible to do. That along with baseball

This is the year, if they clear diallo :ninja:

Wisconsin will be good...but not near as good as the last 2 years.

Koenig and Hayes are the only real returning guys this year.

Definitely need some youth to step up...and Hayes and Vito have to play bigger than they are.

ku looked like tonight against pitt state (ks) :blink:

IU is your regular season champ boys. We don't play D but, you can't outscore us.

:wave:

IU, learn it, live it, love it.

Maybe not with the same hammer that the wimen did last year, but yeah, they should continue to show dominance in the Big 10, let's face it.....its not like they have to face the kind of teams one would get in the ACC, so it only stands to reason that the wimmen and men would be dominant in the Big 10......

Maybe not with the same hammer that the wimen did last year, but yeah, they should continue to show dominance in the Big 10, let's face it.....its not like they have to face the kind of teams one would get in the ACC, so it only stands to reason that the wimmen and men would be dominant in the Big 10......

1/10

Can't even nibble on the hook it's so weak.

IU is your regular season champ boys. We don't play D but, you can't outscore us.

IU, learn it, live it, love it.

IU is overated and will get abused in the big. They have no size and are strictly a jump shooting team. Crean is a horrible coach, and has been dominated by Purdue. The Boilers have size, depth, and shooters. IU poses no threat to the Boilers, well, they do only play once this year and it's at as$ hall, so they'll have that going for them.

IU is overated and will get abused in the big. They have no size and are strictly a jump shooting team. Crean is a horrible coach, and has been dominated by Purdue. The Boilers have size, depth, and shooters. IU poses no threat to the Boilers, well, they do only play once this year and it's at as$ hall, so they'll have that going for them.

The Boilers.

:lol:

Nobody takes Purdue seriously.

Sorry buddy.

Understandably. Just like nobody takes IU serious with clappy the tan man as their head coach. Sorry.

Last year UK started the season in the world university games and it showed in their hot start (although could argue they dominated all year long). I wonder if KU, being a more senior team will also benefit from the early competition they saw a few months ago.

And valentie in smooth #wishhewasplayingforus

Is sorry jack on the rocks #giantsfanstyle

Well fock, 35-1 or whatever it is

Terps played to about 20% of potential in 35 minutes and 80% in last 5. Trimble and Sulaimon might be the 1st, 2 guards taken in next years draft.

1/10

Can't even nibble on the hook it's so weak.

Not an attempt to fish, an honest assessment. It seems as though the kids who cannot make the wrestling teams end up on the basketball teams, which is fine until you meet a skilled team such as Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. Big 10 BB fancies itself as something real, but its not, its a sadly simplistic way of playing the game, entertaining to those who enjoy WWE, but not good BB.

That game last night between Kentucky and Dook was good game. Dook looked shell shocked, Kentucky was playing elite level BB for the most part, but their bigs were playing that insipid Big 10 style, two fouled out and three more were on the cusp.....cannot allow themselves to be lowered to bang-ball, have to get that under control, and when they do....sheeeesh....unbeatable I think. Hate to see that piece of filth Calipari win anything....

Not an attempt to fish, an honest assessment. It seems as though the kids who cannot make the wrestling teams end up on the basketball teams, which is fine until you meet a skilled team such as Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. Big 10 BB fancies itself as something real, but its not, its a sadly simplistic way of playing the game, entertaining to those who enjoy WWE, but not good BB.

That game last night between Kentucky and Dook was good game. Dook looked shell shocked, Kentucky was playing elite level BB for the most part, but their bigs were playing that insipid Big 10 style, two fouled out and three more were on the cusp.....cannot allow themselves to be lowered to bang-ball, have to get that under control, and when they do....sheeeesh....unbeatable I think. Hate to see that piece of filth Calipari win anything....

Duke was completely outclassed, most notably Grayson Allen, Coach K will coach'em up and they will be better though.

The rest of your post about the Big 10 is pure drivel and doesn't deserve a response.

Duke was completely outclassed, most notably Grayson Allen, Coach K will coach'em up and they will be better though.

The rest of your post about the Big 10 is pure drivel and doesn't deserve a response.

I do understand that sometimes its tough to accept things when you are personally invested into it, but that is the truth, like it or not.

Agree that Dook was manhandled, they were big, but slow, and Kentukor was so much better athletically, except when they were being big 10 goons and fouling like it was their job, they need to fix that. But they ran a beautiful scheme that accentuated that athleticism, expect when the gooning took away from it.

Big basketball is a defensive, physical, in your face, grind you down style, so yes, if you like run and gun, then you won't like Big basketball. Goons is a little harsh. They don't go out and intentionally try to hurt someone. They play hard and physical. I personally hate the alley run and gun style. I'd rather watch Big style basketball. Call me old fashioned.

There were 25 fouls called in the first half of last night's KU/ MSU game. Seems the refs are really going to be calling a lot more fouls to open up the game offensively, and teams are going to have to adjust. The tempo also seems a lot faster with the 30 second shot clock. I expect the game to be played a little different than we've seen the last few years, and the big bruising, physical teams might not be adapt to adjusting as well as the teams that can get up and down the court a lot quicker. Of course I could be completely wrong with this assumption as well.

It's the new rule changes. The college game is slowly turning into the pro style. No contact. No defense. Faster tempo. Higher scores. The problem is these kids are not pro's. I don't wanna watch mediocre or "project" kids jacking up missed shot after missed shot. The college game should be a learning phase or growing phase for these kids. It should be slower, not all teams get one and done, ready for the next level style players. The top schools will benefit the most from the rule changes.

The ACC, when it comes down to the tournament, has been a two school show. Louisville and Syracuse have made the four as Big East members, after that...the Big Ten can't rival Duke or UNC for titles, but most of their schools have reached at least one final four (and usually the title game) in the last 15 years.

I kinda wish some of the other Big 12 schools would show more success in the tourney, but at the same time I just want KU to win all the tourneys :dunno:

North Carolina exposed a little earlier than usual this year. Rough week for the ACC.

So Wisconsin didn't beat UK last year? Took them to the last second the year before...and then barely lost to Dook in the finals?

To claim its not good basketball shows you are either fishing or don't understand the game very well

So Wisconsin didn't beat UK last year? Took them to the last second the year before...and then barely lost to Dook in the finals?

To claim its not good basketball shows you are either fishing or don't understand the game very well

Wisconsin didn't reach the finals last year. Nor did Michigan in 2013, MSU in 2009, Ohio State in 2007, Illinois in 2005, Indiana in 2002...

Meanwhile in the incredible ACC...Virginia's last final four? 1984 NC State? 1983 Wake Forest? 1962

Georgia Tech made the title game in 2004. Maryland won the title in 2002.

Miami, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Florida St, Clemson: no final fours. Louisville, Notre Dame and Syracuse have not reached the final four as ACC schools, and Pitt has not reached ever.

So if you were keeping track, the mighty ACC has sent four of it's schools to the final four in the last 31 years. Seven Big Ten schools have reached the final four since 1997. The ACC has been a two-team show for the better part of three decades.

• Like 1

Did Wisconsin beat dook? No they lost, as they should have, but at le as t the badgers appeared to attempt to play legitimate ball, to their credit. That t ou do not see the difference is rather telling.

Did Wisconsin beat dook? No they lost, as they should have, but at le as t the badgers appeared to attempt to play legitimate ball, to their credit. That t ou do not see the difference is rather telling.

No, they blew a late lead in a great game...but did beat UK that mob day else could feel cure out how to do.

I just don't agree with your opinion of what is legitimate basketball. I find it pretty laughable actually.

No, they blew a late lead in a great game...but did beat UK that mob day else could feel cure out how to do.

I just don't agree with your opinion of what is legitimate basketball. I find it pretty laughable actually.

We can agree to disagree

We can agree to disagree

Out of curiosity, did you bash the Big East brand of basketball prior to it's breakup? Because that conference was significantly worse than the Big Ten in terms of grabbing, hacking, slashing 'defense'. Just look at the Louisville/Michigan national championship game...which of those teams played "ugly" basketball?