Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Corruption in NFL?

Is it possible that there is some shenanigans going on in the NFL?

How is it possible that Walsh missed that kick?

Some stated that from that distance the kick makes it 97% of the time.

It seemed really strange to me that he didn't make it.

Years from now if it comes out that the NFL is nothing more than a glorified WWE, remember you heard it here first.

Plus, the balls were going flat from the cold (refer to Ideal Gas Law).

Um...no.

Ideal gas law would not make balls sift from being cold.

Laces out isn't just a saying, it's a fact that they effect accuracy. More importantly, he was on the wrong side of the field. That kick is much easier if he's 5-10yds to the right.

• Like 1

Just a classic choke from the pressure of a must win situation with a cant miss kick. Its like when that guy misses the 1 foot putt in those videos. Only take that and add the pressure of the entire team counting on you and go home if you dont make, hero if you make.

We'll see if we have to endure one more Manning/ Brady match-up :tinfoil:

Wrong side of the field

Laces out

Weather

Pressure

Lots of factors that, on their own, are not too bad but collectively lead to disaster.

Is it possible that there is some shenanigans going on in the NFL?

How is it possible that Walsh missed that kick?

Some stated that from that distance the kick makes it 97% of the time.

It seemed really strange to me that he didn't make it.

Years from now if it comes out that the NFL is nothing more than a glorified WWE, remember you heard it here first.

After the Saints beat the Vikings in OT for the NFC championship game, the NFL changed their OT rules the following year. Coincidence? Coincidence that a rule that was in place since the merger had to be changed the following year?

If anyone believes that the NFL doesn't have the power to change outcomes of games using the officials as the tool do so are stoopid. This isn't one of those times. But they do have the power to decide who is in their big games. And I believe that they use it.

After the Saints beat the Vikings in OT for the NFC championship game, the NFL changed their OT rules the following year. Coincidence? Coincidence that a rule that was in place since the merger had to be changed the following year?

If anyone believes that the NFL doesn't have the power to change outcomes of games using the officials as the tool do so are stoopid. This isn't one of those times. But they do have the power to decide who is in their big games. And I believe that they use it.

What teams would they want in it?

What teams would they want in it?

Big market teams. That's a no brainier. You think they want a Browns/Lions game this year? No story lines. It's all about viewers. Name one intriguing storyline with either of those two teams for the 50 anniversary of the two outside of the fact that neither has won. SB.

• Like 1

Goodell has been factually proven to be a cheater, liar, crooked, scam artist, criminal, doesn't care about human life as much as money, etc. So this is all a given. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Big market teams. That's a no brainier. You think they want a Browns/Lions game this year? No story lines. It's all about viewers. Name one intriguing storyline with either of those two teams for the 50 anniversary of the two outside of the fact that neither has won. SB.

Then explain the New York Jets.

Then explain the New York Jets.

You think Goodell wants the Jets in the big game? They are the ugly step sister to the Giants. The season ticket prices for the same seat in the same stadium aren't close for the two teams that share a stadium. Why is that? If I have seat 20 row 5, it costs more if I'm a Giants fan compared to a Jets fan. Why?

Um...no.

PV=nRT. As temperature goes down, so does pressure if everything else remains constant. What am I missing?

You think Goodell wants the Jets in the big game? They are the ugly step sister to the Giants. The season ticket prices for the same seat in the same stadium aren't close for the two teams that share a stadium. Why is that? If I have seat 20 row 5, it costs more if I'm a Giants fan compared to a Jets fan. Why?

Regular seats are about the same price. I'm sure the very expensive seats for the Giants are more, the Giant fanbase is older and wealthier. But if you contend that the NFL wants big market teams, the Jets, Redskins, Bears and Cowboys haven't won in a long time, and the Eagles never won. And LA hasn't had a team in a long time Those are the biggest markets in the country.

With the NFL, big market doesn't matter anymore. It's all about ratings, so being a glamor franchise is more important.

Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, Giants, Steelers, etc. It helps if you have a QB they can push. So that's why the Bears aren't desirable, and why Peyton Manning teams have been, etc.

For the most part, the league will be ok with anyone besides the Chiefs coming out of the AFC. Although Goodell's personal Patriot vendetta will probably cause issues for them. They'll push for Green Bay or Seattle to come out of the NFC.

It's all pretty obvious really.

PV=nRT. As temperature goes down, so does pressure if everything else remains constant. What am I missing?

Isnt it PV = ZnRT where Z is the factor that converts an ideal gas to a real gas.

:edit:

You are correct though. I am just being a .

Nothing. Sho nuff believes only Brady holding the snap could make the ball deflate

• Like 1

Regular seats are about the same price. I'm sure the very expensive seats for the Giants are more, the Giant fanbase is older and wealthier. But if you contend that the NFL wants big market teams, the Jets, Redskins, Bears and Cowboys haven't won in a long time, and the Eagles never won. And LA hasn't had a team in a long time Those are the biggest markets in the country.

LA is the second biggest market in the country. They (the NFL)haven't been able to get that one right in decades. Why? The NFL sucks and has failed miserably to market them. To many transplants in a city with to many options. The NFL will never succeed there. If they haven't by now, why would they in the immediate future? Bad stadiums and fair weather fans suck.

Temp wasn't going down...ask players if balls feel softer in the cold.

Nothing. Sho nuff believes only Brady holding the snap could make the ball deflate

No, I believe that teams that tamper with balls make them deflate.

A ball in cold weather like that will feel hard as a rock...not soft. (Which is why Brady wanted less air in his to be able to grip a harder and slicker ball better).

With the NFL, big market doesn't matter anymore. It's all about ratings, so being a glamor franchise is more important.

Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, Giants, Steelers, etc. It helps if you have a QB they can push. So that's why the Bears aren't desirable, and why Peyton Manning teams have been, etc.

For the most part, the league will be ok with anyone besides the Chiefs coming out of the AFC. Although Goodell's personal Patriot vendetta will probably cause issues for them. They'll push for Green Bay or Seattle to come out of the NFC.

It's all pretty obvious really.

I think they would accept Carolina out of the NFC. Cam Newton and all.

Not Arizona though

Plus, the balls were going flat from the cold (refer to Ideal Gas Law).

What?

Um...no.

True

The fallacy is that the temperature goes down both outside and inside the ball. So the pressure wouldn't change.

Not Arizona though

I think the league sees Cam as a year away. 15-1 is a building block, a Heisman helps, but he does that dance that upset the old lady and caused her to write a letter to the editor. So maybe give him an MVP and let him do a few more commercials. Then be a bit more humble and mainstream next season...and at that point he will get an equal shot with the other top tier QBs.

Not Arizona though

The Cards got flexed twice into SNF near the end of the year. They are the darling of the league. :dunno:

The fallacy is that the temperature goes down both outside and inside the ball. So the pressure wouldn't change.

Edit cuz I misunderstood...

But I wish you'd explain this to my tires. They don't seem to understand your words.

The ball is filled indoors with 70 degree air. The ball is taken outside into -5 degree air. The air inside the ball becomes colder by heat transfer thru the bladder and skin. The ball loses pressure as its inside air cools.

Did you guys see the kick? It wasn't kind of off, it was allllll the way crazy to the left! First off all, regarding the temperature, it was the warmest it had been all day by the time that kick happened. Furthermore, he made all the other kicks when it was colder and much farther away. My mom even said she could have made it from that distance. Come on guys, this man has been kicking from that distance regularly. That kick was waaaaayyyyy off, not slightly off. It looked purposely done not mistakenly made.

Edit cuz I misunderstood...

But I wish you'd explain this to my tires. They don't seem to understand your words.

:lol:

Unfortunately I can explain this to your tires given my history in working with them . :cry:

Tires and footballs, though are apples and oranges.

Did you guys see the kick? It wasn't kind of off, it was allllll the way crazy to the left! First off all, regarding the temperature, it was the warmest it had been all day by the time that kick happened. Furthermore, he made all the other kicks when it was colder and much farther away. My mom even said she could have made it from that distance. Come on guys, this man has been kicking from that distance regularly. That kick was waaaaayyyyy off, not slightly off. It looked purposely done not mistakenly made.

Peenie, if you ever come to Texas, can I buy you a drink and court you? I won't even try to have sex with you until we've been out at least 5 times.

Your standard conspiracy theorists are already saying that Walsh or the holder had some big money on the game. Do I belive it? Of course not.

Good analogy for you : How many guys have you been with that tried to slip it in your ass by mistake? You know the line right? "I'm sorry...It slipped" :rolleyes:

All of them, right?

Now here's the kicker...wait for it...

How many did you actually let in? :ninja:

Sure went down from inside, where they were inflated to start with :doh:

Pats fans tears are still funny.

The ball is filled indoors with 70 degree air. The ball is taken outside into -5 degree air. The air inside the ball becomes colder by heat transfer thru the bladder and skin. The ball loses pressure as its inside air cools.

The formula of choice here is: PV/T(1) = PV/T(2). Presuming that the 70 degree air in the ball was the same as the temperature outside of the ball when it was filled, if you take it outside where it is much colder, then once the temperature inside the ball stabilizes, the pressure will be the same.