Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Popovich slams Trump

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-calls-donald-trump-a-soulless-coward-after-latest-comments/

Popovich, who served five years of active duty in the U.S. Air Force, was incensed by Trump's recent comments following the death of four U.S. soldiers killed in an ambush in Niger.

"President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn't make calls, a lot of them didn't make calls," Trump said. "I like to call when it's appropriate, when I think I'm able to do it."

Popovich called The Nation's Dave Zirin to give his feelings on the matter:

I've been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don't have the words.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner – and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers – is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

I wonder how much pizza pop has partaken in.

Trump didn't lie, past presidents called or sent letters. The key words there are "or sent letters" Trump likes to call every single one. He thinks the death of a loved one deserves more than just a letter. Sad some of you dont

I wonder how much pizza pop has partaken in.

Trump didn't lie, past presidents called or sent letters. The key words there are "or sent letters" Trump likes to call every single one. He thinks the death of a loved one deserves more than just a letter. Sad some of you dont

"All I can do is ask my generals," Trump said. "Other presidents did not call, they would write letters, and some presidents didn't do anything."

Fake news, right?

He said something provocative, then ruined it at the end with typical lefty namecalling and a complete lie.

Sad that an NBA coach has to lecture the POTUS on conducting himself with a modicum of honesty, dignity and class.

Fake news, right?

Yup that's fake news. Is sending a letter the same as calling? Pretty easy to answer right?

Yup that's fake news. Is sending a letter the same as calling? Pretty easy to answer right?

Wow...so you just ignore what he actually originally said. Congrats, you are partisan hack number #1 :first:

a never ending divisiveness

thinks that he can only become large by belittling others.

unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office

:thumbsup:

I took out all the crap in between.

This sums it up for me.

It's how I felt about him before the election - then he won and I hoped I was wrong -but it's about as bad as I feared.

Every time he speaks/tweets - I evaluate, was this a positive or negative message? was this praise for or an attack on someone.

And a majority of the time, the message is negative and/or and attack on someone/something.

This simply isn't how you lead, inspire, unify anyone or anything.

Hes a basketball coach. His opinion on politics carries no more weight than anyone here.

Agreed, I don't care about his politics - but I'd listen to him about leadership, teamwork, achievement, and building a winning culture.

Wow...so you just ignore what he actually originally said. Congrats, you are partisan hack number #1 :first:

Nope I read what he said looked at the truth and the fact remains he's not lying. Fake news is spinning the truth.

Nope I read what he said looked at the truth and the fact remains he's not lying. Fake news is spinning the truth.

So the statement I quoted, are you saying that was never said?

On a semi-related note, I'm starting to like McCain again;

“To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain 'the last best hope of earth' for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history,” McCain said in the speech.

The Arizona senator said “we live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil” and said Americans “are the custodians of those ideals at home, and their champion abroad.”

“We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did,” McCain said.

“We have a moral obligation to continue in our just cause, and we would bring more than shame on ourselves if we don’t. We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent.”

I really hope this is just shtick you use in order to maintain some come of character on a messageboard and you really aren't defending this piece of sh1t.

So the statement I quoted, are you saying that was never said?

Don't bother. These Trumpkins are so brainwashed by Fox News and Trump that they have lost all sense of right and wrong. There is absolutely nothing Trump can do or say that any of them will ever criticize.

On a semi-related note, I'm starting to like McCain again;

Imagine a guy who has been tortured for his country and is a bonafide American hero. And has devoted his life in serving the American people. Who now finds out he has brain cancer and doesn't have to worry at all about what he says. That's John McCain. I never thought that a Republican would be one of my favorite Americans, but this guy is pure gold right now. Speaking solely about decency and not giving a flying F what people think.

Imagine a guy who has been tortured for his country and is a bonafide American hero. And has devoted his life in serving the American people. Who now finds out he has brain cancer and doesn't have to worry at all about what he says. That's John McCain. I never thought that a Republican would be one of my favorite Americans, but this guy is pure gold right now. Speaking solely about decency and not giving a flying F what people think.

His brain is damaged it's no wonder he's going all liberal.

His brain is damaged it's no wonder he's going all liberal.

He's not liberal at all. He just has ZERO fear of the retard in office. Isn't worried about getting reelected or if thugs like Bannon are 'out to get him'. He's running purely on morals at this point and that inherently makes you appear to be liberal.

Gen. Kelly lost his son and never received a call from Obama. He was the highest ranking member in the military to lose a child at that time.

As time moves we learn Trump is right more and more.

McCain is old and brain cancer ridden, just the type the left wants in office. With term limits he would have been gone.

Who?

Some old guy who is virtue singling to his slaves

It's hilarious how the right suddenly hates Gregg Popovich. Talk about predictable. How dare he talk about their Messiah?

nope hated him the minute he decided to start talking about politics, play the game, coach the game, you are not entitled to push your opinions on us. Hes part of the Hollywood elite. Look down on people and think people actually care about what you think are problems

I care about jobs, scotus, military, immigration

Trump is winning

nope hated him the minute he decided to start talking about politics, play the game, coach the game, you are not entitled to push your opinions on us. Hes part of the Hollywood elite. Look down on people and think people actually care about what you think are problems

I care about jobs, scotus, military, immigration

Trump is winning

bullsh1t. You hated him the moment you realized he thought your Messiah was an ass hole. I bet you don't hate that Ted Nugent talks politics.

bullsh1t. You hated him the moment you realized he thought your Messiah was an ass hole. I bet you don't hate that Ted Nugent talks politics.

First off well this is probably the 35th time I've said I'm not a Trump supporter but I agree with the policies that he is putting in place

I don't listen to any musician, athlete or Hollywood figure regarding politics. Who I do listen to are in the following order

Myself

Ben Shapiro

Larry Elder

Adam Carolla

Steven crowder

Joe rogan

Dennis Prager

First off well this is probably the 35th time I've said I'm not a Trump supporter but I agree with the policies that he is putting in place

I don't listen to any musician, athlete or Hollywood figure regarding politics. Who I do listen to are in the following order

Myself

Ben Shapiro

Larry Elder

Adam Carolla

Steven crowder

Joe rogan

Dennis Prager

I don't care who you listen to. That wasn't my point. You said you hated Popovich as soon as you heard him speak about politics. And that's not true. I guarantee you don't hate when you hear a quote from Ted Nugent. You hated Popovich the moment you realized that he thinks Trump is an ass hole, as most people in this country do.

I don't care who you listen to. That wasn't my point. You said you hated Popovich as soon as you heard him speak about politics. And that's not true. I guarantee you don't hate when you hear a quote from Ted Nugent. You hated Popovich the moment you realized that he thinks Trump is an ass hole, as most people in this country do.

Nope I hate that Ted Nugent speaks too but I haven't heard anything from him

I hated popovich the minute he spoke about politics.

I also think trump is an idiot and an ass but i love watching him troll people like you

Nope I hate that Ted Nugent speaks too but I haven't heard anything from him

I hated popovich the minute he spoke about politics.

I also think trump is an idiot and an ass but i love watching him troll people like you

That's a terrific quality in the POTUS: Being a focking troll. :mellow:

That's a terrific quality in the POTUS: Being a focking troll. :mellow:

Is what it is. I like the scotus I like the economy. I like then end of Obamacare and daca. I like immigration reform. And I want Christian family values restored to the country

If it takes a little trolling I don't give a damn. I find it humorous that you gets get so bent out of shape

You know what the news doesn't report? Isis last hold in Syria has been destroyed. Cause winning

Gen. Kelly lost his son and never received a call from Obama. He was the highest ranking member in the military to lose a child at that time.

As time moves we learn Trump is right more and more.

Gen. Kelly is a class act as far as I can tell. He'll never do it, but I have to assume he wants to smack Trump silly for dragging his son into this bvllsh!t. What father wouldn't?? Complete 100% douche bag move by Trump.

BTW....Obama had several hundred troops killed in action by the time Gen. Kelly's son perished and he hosted a dinner for all the Gold Star families and Gen Kelly's family sat with the Obama's at the head table. Sorry, you can't expect the Potus to call every family.

Trump has had 20 something soldiers kia so far and now he'll probably send out a tweet every time he calls a Gold Star family just to let everyone know he did.

I tried to give him chance but.............. eff him at this point.

• Like 1