Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Popovich slams Trump

You are as good as your word...barely anyone lives up to that. But of all situations to live up to it, consoling and honoring the families of the fallen would be the time :doh:

Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 during a condolence call after his son was killed in Afghanistan - but he never sent the check

I feel like I forgive most of Trump's unorthodox ways simply because it's in the nation's interest that he isn't distracted with all the controversies he gives ample fodder for, but this one is hard to look the other way from. Pure ass**** move. I don't think the father is lying; hopefully he is though, as bad as that is, or half lying like maybe it went to the mom or other family.

So the check was sent today (Weds), the day the story came out.

'I'm going to write you a check out of my personal account for $25,000,' and I was just floored," Baldridge told the Post of his conversation with Trump. "I could not believe he was saying that, and I wish I had it recorded because the man did say this. He said, 'No other president has ever done something like this,' but he said, 'I'm going to do it. "
A White House spokesperson, speaking on background, said the check has been "in the pipeline" since the President's conversation with the father.
"The President has personally followed up several times to ensure that the check was being sent. As stated earlier the check has been sent," the spokesperson said.
When asked why it took so long for the funds to be sent, the spokesperson added: "There is a substantial process that can involve multiple agencies anytime the President interacts with the public, especially when transmitting personal funds. In this situation there were other agencies involved."

Hmmm. I don't know. I think Trump probably just forgot. Clearly it's a pr liability to not follow through, so forgetting, not not wanting to send it, would be the issue.
As an aside, that statement "no other President has ever done something like this." :wall:

You are as good as your word...barely anyone lives up to that. But of all situations to live up to it, consoling and honoring the families of the fallen would be the time :doh:

Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 during a condolence call after his son was killed in Afghanistan - but he never sent the check

I feel like I forgive most of Trump's unorthodox ways simply because it's in the nation's interest that he isn't distracted with all the controversies he gives ample fodder for, but this one is hard to look the other way from. Pure ass**** move. I don't think the father is lying; hopefully he is though, as bad as that is, or half lying like maybe it went to the mom or other family.

Unorthodox?

Come on Naomi. Thats weak.

Just scan through here and I didn't see this brought up. Apologies if it was. To see dumb who said that Trump likes to call all the people who died as opposed to writing letters. It's been proven repeatedly that he's nowhere near calling all the soldiers who were killed in combat during his watch. That's just a fact.

The bigger question is why the NFC had drafted a memo of condolence that all Trump had to do was either read or sign and he did neither for two weeks. Which now is leading people to wonder what the hell they were trying to hide. As was said in another thread, this is looking more and more like another Benghazi. And they're doing their damnedest to try to hope that this whole thing would slide by.

The thing that I hate among the many many things I hate about this whole story is Trump was immediately called on his b******* that Obama and Bush didn't make phone calls to killed soldiers. Turns out the reporters covering him worked for Obama or bush. When he was confronted with the truth he totally bitched out like he always does. 'Well somebody told me that.'

What are you? 5? They even challenged him on who that somebody was and of course he had no answer because he was making it up as he went along.

And then to make matters worse, he threw his top advisors Son into the mix even though General Kelly had repeatedly asked that his son's death not be made part of the political conversation.

You can bet Kelly is seriously pissed off tonight.

Oh and as to Obama not calling the Kelly Family? They were invited to a White House breakfast honoring gold star families and sat at Obama's table. I'd say that's quite a bit more than a five-minute phone call.

So, Cdumbs talking points have now all been shot to hell.

As for Trump?

Just more of the same from this classless blowhard.