Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

Philbin and Lazor want a faster-paced Dolphin Offense

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/25/4309092/joe-philbin-bill-lazor-want-faster.html

I've probably missed previous posts on former Eagles OC Lazor's effect on the Dolphins offense.

If Moreno wins this starting gig, consider him a poor man's Shaddy McCoy.

At his current ADP, I'M BUYIN.

Does this up Tannehill's value? Me thinks so.

With Lazor on the coaching staff I think C Clay could have even a better season then last season .

AWESOME! - these foo's will now have the record for most " three and outs" in their cross hairs :banana:

This could could be true.

gotta love the enthusiasm of FFers. Team so and so wants to go uptempo! Ok, so that means they'll be able to execute flawlessly. Moreno is now a poor man's McCoy. Tannenhill is a rich man's Joe Flacco. Clay is a middle class Antonio gates, circa 2010. you guys are funny...

• Like 1

FLACCO is a poor man's Tannehill.

Moreno looked fast and very motivated against Dallas. IMO, barring injury, he'll start over Miller.

• Like 1

gotta love the enthusiasm of FFers. Team so and so wants to go uptempo! Ok, so that means they'll be able to execute flawlessly. Moreno is now a poor man's McCoy. Tannenhill is a rich man's Joe Flacco. Clay is a middle class Antonio gates, circa 2010. you guys are funny...

Dolphins already had an uptempo offense last year. It's just a matter of play calling. As a dolphins homer last year they put way too much pressure on Tannehill. They wanted him to win games with no kind of running game. If the play book sees more balance it should positively affect everyone in miami's offense.

FLACCO is a poor man's Tannehill.

Moreno looked fast and very motivated against Dallas. IMO, barring injury, he'll start over Miller.

How does somebody look "motivated"?

How does somebody look "motivated"?

Moreno was finshing runs off hard, thumping his chest, bouncing up fast after tackles. He looked like he wanted to make a statement.
  • Like 1

Yet all offseason everyone was saying don't draft Moreno, he's playing on a different team, Miller will start, bad o-line. Thats all I heard.

this is true.... I picked up Moreno in my big money in like the 10th round or so. I am very excited about that.

Most excited about the potential of Tannehill and Wallace. I think both have great years. There's talk of making Wallace the Desean Jackson in that offense. I drafted Wallace as a WR3 so hoping for the best.

good looks on that uptempo ish. Chip Kelly is jelly!(that rhymes and you know it does!!!)

It's been great watching and owning Wallace this year - but this Tannehill thing worries me. I really thought this offense would be lights out blazing, and as well as Wallace has done (right now he is no. 12 in a 0.5 ppr league for me) it's frustrating thinking of the chances missed.

They have Oakland coming up - that sounds like a great matchup but you know what, Oak is just 28th in FFPA vs WR, 27th vs QB, so far. And then there is a bye, where there could be a QB change if Tanny does not deliver.

Anyone have any idea how Wallace would play with Moore? Is this a time to move him, or does this get better, or stays steady, or get worse, thoughts?

Miller >>>> Shady.

hth.

This is exactly why Moreno is the man when he comes back Week 6. The current Dolphins offense is fast...getting off of the field.

This would be better for Moreno if Miller wasn't doing so well. Maybe they are missing having someone to handle the load 20+ times while Miller gets his 10/15, I don't know, it just looks like Miller is still stuck at his quote as well as he is doing. But still the passing offense is not carrying the load. Another game like the last 2 and the Pats game will look like an anomaly.

Clay banged up, Moreno out ... and a woeful lack of options outside of Wallace ... one upshot of Moore is that I think he's capable of some nice deep balls ... Tanny is a colostomy bag in that department.

Tannehill is trash, but Moore is a known quantity, which is also trash.

This team is ****ed, as usual.

Lets see how fast paced they are with jetlag.

Three fewer hours of flying time than the RAIDAHS though

gotta love it. The same cats that were using the fin's DESIRE to go uptempo to be bullish on fins players are now using the fact taht the offense is anemic, let alone high paces, to justify their love for moreno, or miller. When will you guys stop?!? No one knows what fate holds for moreno. NO ONE! And saying the offeise sucks, so they need him back is as dumb as dumb can be. They are likely to be a mediocre offense with a game or 2 burst here and there. Wallace will likely get his, and that's it. To believe Moreno is going to come in and single handedly change the dynamics of this garbage offense is absurd beyond belief. Just stop, please...

I may have made that up

Oakland to Miami has to be 6+ hours lol. As a homer it seems they just do not trust miller to handle a full load. Weather it's pass blocking or missing the holes it seems the coaches do not wanna give him more than 15 touches a game. Maybe they feel he needs to be the lightning to someone else's thunder

Three fewer hours of flying time than the RAIDAHS though

I may have made that up

Oakland to Miami has to be 6+ hours lol. As a homer it seems they just do not trust miller to handle a full load. Weather it's pass blocking or missing the holes it seems the coaches do not wanna give him more than 15 touches a game. Maybe they feel he needs to be the lightning to someone else's thunder

Oakland just played in Boston/Foxborough MA, so they're actually closer to London than Miami.

The NFL has scheduled the London games that way purposefully to avoid the jetlag disadvantage problem.