Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Playoff OT Rules

Agreed. But, did this come up in off-season discussions? Kinda hard to fault the rules when theres ample opportunity to make changes in off-season.

Both teams should get a possession. End of discussion.

they should all get a trophy too

• Like 2

If we had a defense that would stop someone, we would have.

No, the rules are fine as they are.

This

when it was sudden death and a FG could win, that was wrong and unfair. it is fair as can be now

Both teams should get a possession. End of discussion.

They would... if the first defense didn't allow the first offense to go down and score a TD. I think the rules are fine. The ONLY change I would get behind is to make them play a full 15 minute quarter that is no different than the 4th Quarter. Rinse and repeat if there's still a tie.

I'd entertain playing a full OT in the playoffs, I think it would be good entertainment. That being said, the current whining is because KC let NE complete a bunch of 3rd and longs. Play better defense on 3rd down and your golden boy gets the ball. :dunno:

I'd entertain playing a full OT in the playoffs, I think it would be good entertainment. That being said, the current whining is because KC let NE complete a bunch of 3rd and longs. Play better defense on 3rd down and your golden boy gets the ball. :dunno:

exactly

I don't mind OT the way it is now.

10 Minute Q just for playoffs played all he way wouldn't be bad. But then we will have people whine about that too.

Chiefs let them drive 2 times late for TDs when they needed them.

Current whining isn't new from me, I've been arguing this since the first they changed to this system and the winner of the coin flip was statistically shown to still have an advantage. Until the luck of coin flip is eliminated, I will be a proponent of changing the rules.

Every years it's a new what rule can we change to stop the Patriots movement.

Yeah...new rules like you can't sneak into close practices and tape your opponent and the ball needs to be properly inflated. :lol:

They would... if the first defense didn't allow the first offense to go down and score a TD. I think the rules are fine. The ONLY change I would get behind is to make them play a full 15 minute quarter that is no different than the 4th Quarter. Rinse and repeat if there's still a tie.

So in other words players safety is out the window.

pipe dream. its not madden for sega.

The NFL overtime rules have been stupid forever. It didn't just happen last night and it isn't just because it happened to work in New England's favor.

As of right now, if you're a good offensive team with a bad defense, the rules are against you if you lose the coin toss. How can any of you even dispute this? :dunno:

As of right now, if you're a good offensive team with a bad defense, the rules are against you if you lose the coin toss. How can any of you even dispute this? :dunno:

saints :dunno:

So in other words players safety is out the window.

pipe dream. its not madden for sega.

player safety is overrated. They make millions and are out there for our enjoyment. Fuckem if they can't handle another 10 or 15 minutes.

Jack Lambert says they are all pussies and he's right.

There are always plays that every team leaves on the field. Don't make them and you'll be fine. Personal accountability. If you don't want "fate" or "luck" to play a part, do your job.

You have 60 minutes to win the game. If you don't, no bitching about a coin toss. OT is by definition fair, because each team has an equal chance of winning the toss.

If the game is tied at the end of the 4th quarter the game should continue as it is until someone scores. No coin flip, no kickoff and no extra Timeouts.

Your team GM is also against you. GM should be trying to field a complete team.

If the game is tied at the end of the 4th quarter the game should continue as it is until someone scores. No coin flip, no kickoff and no extra Timeouts.

No..you are not thinking this out..like most things.

Nah, the kick to win at the end of regulation is one of the most exciting plays in football.

I think they should do away with the pregame coin flip. Just have a rule, home team gets the ball first, road team gets to choose, something like that.

I also think it is dumb that the refs explain the overtime rules before the flip.

I think they should do away with the pregame coin flip. Just have a rule, home team gets the ball first, road team gets to choose, something like that.

Home team gets choice. Been saying it for years. It would also work under sensible OT rules where both teams get a possession.

MLB should start using a coin flip to start games and let the winner decide if they want to bat 1st or last

I also think it is dumb that the refs explain the overtime rules before the flip.

They do it for the Players, ask Donovan McNabb.

Why? If you are a good defensive team with a bad offense, and you lose the coin toss, you stop them and... don't score because your offense sucks? I don't get the argument here. As someone else said, field a complete team to mitigate your risk. :dunno:

Report: NFL to consider making PI reviewable

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports the NFL's competition committee will "give consideration" to making pass interference calls reviewable.

Several coaches including Sean Payton, whose team was on the receiving end of a horrific and game-changing non-call on Sunday, have been in favor of making pass interference reviewable, and it sounds like there is a possibility they will get their wish. "It will be discussed at length along with additional fouls that coaches feel should be subject to review," a source told Maske. A more comprehensive and streamlined review system could help, but the underlying issue is a serious refereeing problem which needs to be addressed.

Source: Washington Post Jan 21 - 12:26 PM

Anything to make the game longer.

Never let a bad situation go to waste when you can use it to make more money.

The first SB lasted 2:37!