Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Baseball HOF class of 2019

Mariano Rivera is first unanimous inductee while 3 dipsh1ts felt Griffey Jr wasn't worthy? Wtf?

Glad Edgar Martinez made it in finally.

The first unanimous selection to the HOF honoring America's game is from Panama.

I have no problem with him being a unanimous pick. He should have been the second. Anyone who left griffy Jr off the ballot should have their votes revoked. JR was the face of baseball for a generation of kids. When baseball was shooting itself in the foot(and the ass with roids) JR helped save the game. Then he broke down normally. Instead of his head swelling twice the size it used to be. Can you imagine JR on roids? Fock anyone who thought they were above the process and left him off.

270 wins...114 wins over .500, 2,800 strikeouts...Cy Young votes in half his seasons...during the steriod era and every season in the AL east

But just ok

Yeah right

Mo should be honored to go in with Edgar. Edgar was a power. If he played in Boston or New York he would be a first ballot hall of famer

The Great Mariano. Saw every moment of his spectacular career. So much greatness. So little failure. Class and dignity the whole time. Enter the hall Sandman, like no other

Mo should be honored to go in with Edgar. Edgar was a power. If he played in Boston or New York he would be a first ballot hall of famer

Very fitting that Rivera said that Martinez was batter he never wanted to face.

Very fitting that Rivera said that Martinez was batter he never wanted to face.

After the 2001 WS, he should consider Luis Gonzalez as a runner up.

That blooper he hit in the bottom of the 9th was a heartbreaker.

Sad that he got 100% of the vote... There are many others that deserve that before Rivera...

• Like 1

There was nothing like a rocking Yankee Stadium when those doors opened and out came that skinny guy who meant doom for the other team. And the song. It was awesome.

Sad that he got 100% of the vote... There are many others that deserve that before Rivera...

If you would have voted no simply based on this - you're an idiot.

There was nothing like a rocking Yankee Stadium when those doors opened and out came that skinny guy who meant doom for the other team. And the song. It was awesome.

He had such nasty, unhittable stuff for such a long time.

If you would have voted no simply based on this - you're an idiot.

The closer is similar to the DH IMO... Neither of them should be getting in...

But I guess it makes sense to have a closer and two designated hitters going in together...

But I guess it makes sense to have a closer and two designated hitters going in together...

This is the dumbest thing Ive ever read on here, and that is saying something.

I had to listen to 2 sports talk guys on the radio say that Qb is not a real football player

This rivals that convo

You're proof of the greatness of America. Weird and stupid, yet you survive.

:lol:

You're proof of the greatness of America. Weird and stupid, yet you survive.

Hi pot, this is kettle...

I have no problem with him being a unanimous pick. He should have been the second. Anyone who left griffy Jr off the ballot should have their votes revoked. JR was the face of baseball for a generation of kids. When baseball was shooting itself in the foot(and the ass with roids) JR helped save the game. Then he broke down normally. Instead of his head swelling twice the size it used to be. Can you imagine JR on roids? Fock anyone who thought they were above the process and left him off.

This. :thumbsup:

I love how the 3 dipshits that left Jr off their ballot never had the balls to come forward. Making a statement? Fine. Whatever. Be a man and own up to it at least.

Griffey should have gone in unanimous, along with many others . Don't hold it against Mariano. The guy was nothing but class over a very long career. Same guy even when he lost.

Griffey should have gone in unanimous, along with many others . Don't hold it against Mariano. The guy was nothing but class over a very long career. Same guy even when he lost.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing against Rivera. Just irritated at the anonymous b1tches that think they're the gatekeepers of who deserves first ballot, unanimous, etc.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing against Rivera. Just irritated at the anonymous b1tches that think they're the gatekeepers of who deserves first ballot, unanimous, etc.

They've always been biches. Ted Williams, Aaron, Mantle, Mays,Seaver etc. who wasn't voting for those guys? At least the ice is broken now.

They've always been biches. Ted Williams, Aaron, Mantle, Mays,Seaver etc. who wasn't voting for those guys? At least the ice is broken now.

At the very least they should do away with the "anonymous" votes. What's up with that bullsh1t?

At the very least they should do away with the "anonymous" votes. What's up with that bullsh1t?

What a great idea

Eye roll

What a great idea

Eye roll

Huh? Not sure if your "eye roll" means you're for or against the anonymous votes. I apologize for being dense.

Was never a baseball guy. But Mo Riveria was my favorite player. Good memories watching the 90s yankees with my grampa who is an old time yankees guy.

this is bullshitt. The DH is part of the game. A dominant closer like MO is part of the game. You can't include them in the process then exclude them conveniently once they start putting up great stats. MO was awesome doing his job. A product of the new way baseball is played. EDgar was a great hitter and got shafted by being a very subdued player in a crappy media market.

The closer is similar to the DH IMO... Neither of them should be getting in...But I guess it makes sense to have a closer and two designated hitters going in together...

I can respect that argument. Dont agree but respect it.

Mo was special - 1st ballot worthy as anyone.

After the 2001 WS, he should consider Luis Gonzalez as a runner up.

That blooper he hit in the bottom of the 9th was a heartbreaker.

Not to me! :banana: