Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2011 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

We've made some big changes this year in an effort to make the CC/DB more user-friendly. To begin with the Compiler and Draft Buddy have been combined into one file. This makes a HUGE difference in simplifying the functionality of the program and should make the entire setup process an easier task.

For those that don't know, the The CC/DB allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and functions also a Draft tracker and manager. You can view screenshots of the program here.

System Requirements: The CC/DB program requires a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is the Compiler and Buddy are both Windows and Mac compatible, however because Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the CC/DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the CC/DB does work with all other version of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st August 3rd ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10).

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will likely occur more this season given the shortened time-span for free agency and trades. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/20 - Initial release

6/23 - Done | Change Log - 6/23

7/7 - Done | Change Log - 7/7

7/21 - Done | Change Log - 7/21

7/28 - Done | Change Log - 7/28

8/1 - Done | Change Log - 8/1

8/4 - Done | Change Log - 8/4

8/8 - Done | Change Log - 8/8

8/9 - Done | Change Log - 8/9 ... an unplanned update for Leshoure, Ricky Williams, IDP

8/11 - Done | Change Log - 8/11

8/15 - Done | Change Log - 8/15 ... another unplanned update for Lee Evans, David Gettis and many more

8/18 - Done | Change Log - 8/18

8/22 - Done ... an unplanned update for Beanie Wells / Ryan Williams

8/25 - Done | Change Log - 8/25

9/1 - Done | Change Log - 9/1

9/4 - Done ... unplanned update for recent injury news and cuts

9/6 - Done

9/9 - Done ... unplanned update for Peyton Manning & Colts

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the CC/DB just for the projection updates. Simply

If you've already purchased the CC/DB....

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "action" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Cheers!

Mike is there a way to drop players back into the player pool in CC/DB from once they have been added to a team.

Say the other day a owner had a keeper in a league that he kept on his league roster that he kept earlier this year, but now dropped him from his roster in that league and I want to drop him in CC/BD.

Thanks,

Tommy

Hey Tommy. I sent you back an email about this, but I'd better answer here too for the benefit of everyone.

You just need to delete the spot where the player was entered in the CC/DB. For keepers, if they did not cost a draft pick, then simply go to the keepers tab, highlight the cells for position and the player name, and hit delete. Do the same for the bid amount if it is an auction or salary cap league. The player should reappear on the cheatsheets.

If you are in a league where keepers cost a draft pick, then there is an extra step. For these leagues, when you input the keeper and then select the draft pick that is forfeit to keep that player, the CC/DB copies the player to the draft report tab. So, in these cases you'll want to delete the player in both places - keepers tab and draft report tab - the same way. Highlight the position and name, and delete.

Hey Tommy. I sent you back an email about this, but I'd better answer here too for the benefit of everyone.

You just need to delete the spot where the player was entered in the CC/DB. For keepers, if they did not cost a draft pick, then simply go to the keepers tab, highlight the cells for position and the player name, and hit delete. Do the same for the bid amount if it is an auction or salary cap league. The player should reappear on the cheatsheets.

If you are in a league where keepers cost a draft pick, then there is an extra step. For these leagues, when you input the keeper and then select the draft pick that is forfeit to keep that player, the CC/DB copies the player to the draft report tab. So, in these cases you'll want to delete the player in both places - keepers tab and draft report tab - the same way. Highlight the position and name, and delete.

Thanks Mike. I didn't get that email and your now the 2nd email I know of that I didn't get. My ISP is always on top of things, but I wonder how many I didn't get...ugh

Is it a fair assumption that when you make these error/bug corrections, I would be able to download a corrected file from the website. I downloaded it on the first day and have started to set everything up for my leagues, but would like to be sure that I am starting with, as far as we know, a fresh, fully working copy. I can re-input everything again, I just don't want to get further along the road and have to start over later.

Thanks for the great product. I love it by the way.

KC

Hi KC. Yes, when I've indicated the bugs/errors are fixed on the website, that does mean I've updated my master copy and uploaded it to the website. Plus, when we have a projection update and no other changes, I upload a new file with the update to the website. So yes, you can download again and everything reported so far will be fixed. Nothing else has been reported in a week, which is great.

I know it would be easier to identify the latest if I updated the version number, but when so few people have used it and the changes are rather minor, I'm resistant to changing the version number. When something is improved or a major change takes place, then I will update the version number. I actually thought we might get to that if a couple more things were found, but so far, as I said, just those few things at the very beginning (first couple days) and nothing else has come up since.

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to have you back!

Mike,

Weren't you guys working on a Mock Draft module for this year? Is there still a plan to develop it?

Thanks,

Mike N

Hey Mike. In the interest of making the Compiler & Draft Buddy more user-friendly, our focus was all about getting the old files into a single file, and ensuring all of the functionality related to that change worked properly. Now we are there, we can continue to add on to the current version. I have a couple things on my list above mock draft ability, but I will take some time to consider what might be involved in such a feature. Don't think it will happen for this year, unfortunately. Sorry about that.

The 7/7 projections update is up, and Mike K. will have his change log up shortly in the blog so you can review all of the changes.

I'm sure you already covered this, but in the past if you had the previous years version of the CC/DD in a folder (ex.2009), you were to save the new version (ex. 2010) in the same folder to have it copy over your scoring system. Is this still true or will i have to enter my scoring systems again? Thanks.

Hey Chad. Because of all of the changes to the CC/DB this year, I'm asking everyone to please input all of their rules and scoring this year. There is no function to copy over from the prior Compiler. However, check out the new feature at the top of the scoring tab, which allows you to import one of the default scoring systems directly into the CC/DB. Hopefully that helps save you some time. Also, I find it is a good refresher on the nuances of my league rules by having to put them in again (and make sure they are correct). Just trying to look on the bright side with respect to that.

Hey Chad. Because of all of the changes to the CC/DB this year, I'm asking everyone to please input all of their rules and scoring this year. There is no function to copy over from the prior Compiler. However, check out the new feature at the top of the scoring tab, which allows you to import one of the default scoring systems directly into the CC/DB. Hopefully that helps save you some time. Also, I find it is a good refresher on the nuances of my league rules by having to put them in again (and make sure they are correct). Just trying to look on the bright side with respect to that.

No problem at all, thanks.

ouch Mike, that one hurts. I really liked being able to import the league settings. Ah well.

Now, let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love the CC and DB, but last year it felt like the rankings were just kind of what everyone else was saying and didn't have the love or special incite that it had in year's past and it seemed like you missed the boat on more guys than usual. I easily had my worst year across the board using the compiler. Now I really don't want to sound like I am knocking all the effort and work you guys do as I know it

s extensive, I just want to be sure it's more about projecting the right stats and rankings than making a pretty and tech savvy product. I hope that special incite about the players returns this year.

Again, I just want to reiterate how much I appreciate all that you guys do to put out a great and affordable product. I have just come to expect the best rankings and projections from fftoday because of how solid you have been for years.

thanks for listening.

Now, let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love the CC and DB, but last year it felt like the rankings were just kind of what everyone else was saying and didn't have the love or special incite that it had in year's past and it seemed like you missed the boat on more guys than usual. I easily had my worst year across the board using the compiler. Now I really don't want to sound like I am knocking all the effort and work you guys do as I know it

s extensive, I just want to be sure it's more about projecting the right stats and rankings than making a pretty and tech savvy product. I hope that special incite about the players returns this year.

Again, I just want to reiterate how much I appreciate all that you guys do to put out a great and affordable product. I have just come to expect the best rankings and projections from fftoday because of how solid you have been for years.

thanks for listening.

We do our best with the Projections and Rankings every year. As you can imagine some years are better than others, that's sort of the nature of the prognostication business. FFToday did finish 10th Overall in the Accuracy Awards for Projections last year hosted by the FSTA (Fantasy Sports Trade Association). Certainly we'd like to be number one but I think 10th is respectable and hopefully we can improve in 2011. In any case, the tech changes Mike MacGregor made to the program won't affect the quality of the Projections /Rankings. Myself and Tony Nowak (IDP) will be the deciding factor in that case.

Thanks for your input ellisdtrails420 and hopefully the CC/DB will be part of your fantasy success this season.

Projection update is up for 7/21. Not too many changes as you can imagine, but a few tweaks.

Projection update is up for 7/21. Not too many changes as you can imagine, but a few tweaks.

Mike I'm just curious if your going to be updating projections a little more often outside of your planned times since player movement will be fast and furious for the next 2 weeks..:headbanger:

Mike I'm just curious if your going to be updating projections a little more often outside of your planned times since player movement will be fast and furious for the next 2 weeks..:headbanger:

Yeah, you can count it. In the short term we have updates scheduled for this Thursday (7/28), Monday (8/1), Thursday (8/4), & Monday 8/8. We'll squeeze another in there if need be.

looking forward to another year using CC/DB...every year at my draft the other 11 owners are scrambling thru papers to mark off players or taking a long time to decide who they are picking...CC/DB has it all handy and organized for me...All the owners ask who I purchase that from...sorry Mike but i keep it my little secret...LOL

I wanna say I do like the one file this year... havent used it yet but will get into it tonight

looking forward to another year using CC/DB...every year at my draft the other 11 owners are scrambling thru papers to mark off players or taking a long time to decide who they are picking

I don't get why people still do this? To each his own I guess...

All the owners ask who I purchase that from...sorry Mike but i keep it my little secret...LOL

:wall: ;)

I wanna say I do like the one file this year... havent used it yet but will get into it tonight

I do too. It doesn't seem like a big thing on the surface but it really cuts out a lot of hassle and eliminates the potential errors of having two files work together.

Enjoy!

Projections updated. Boo-ya!

Anyone who had Zach Miller (OAK) as a keeper or already drafted in their league, change that to Zach Miller (SEA) after you update projections.

Hey Mike,

Long time user of the CC/DB...great job as always, I have a quick question. I was in the process of updating my Cheatsheet last night and I got an error on my excel and had to shut it down after it froze up. I opened up a recovered version of the file, but the only issue was that the "Offense" cheatsheet didn't have the Kept Players in the lighter color and italicized like it usually did, they're just showing up as if they're available to be drafted. The weird thing is on the "Overall" sheet it has the kept players like they should be (lighter color and italicized).

I'm guessing the file got corrupted somehow. Do you suggest just redownloading the file from scratch? The only sucky part is that I input ESPN's projections a couple days ago and I don't want to have to do that again... hopefully I can just copy/paste the ESPN projections and the players are in the same order on the QB/Rb/WR/TE, etc sheets.

Thanks,

Steve Scalesse

Hi Steve. Thanks, and glad to have you back. Hard to say what happened with the file. I always get a little leery that the file is truly recovered properly if/when Excel crashes on me. Do you still have your copy of Projection Pal with the ESPN projections? If so, then you shouldn't have to copy/paste them again at all. Just use Pal and hit the Copy to Compiler button on each Raw tab to move them over to the Compiler. It will line them up with the right players just like it did the first time. So back to your original question, yes, I would probably just download again. Try to not overwrite your existing copy for the time being, so you can import the rules and scoring from it.

Hi Steve. Thanks, and glad to have you back. Hard to say what happened with the file. I always get a little leery that the file is truly recovered properly if/when Excel crashes on me. Do you still have your copy of Projection Pal with the ESPN projections? If so, then you shouldn't have to copy/paste them again at all. Just use Pal and hit the Copy to Compiler button on each Raw tab to move them over to the Compiler. It will line them up with the right players just like it did the first time. So back to your original question, yes, I would probably just download again. Try to not overwrite your existing copy for the time being, so you can import the rules and scoring from it.

Thanks Mike, I will do such. To be honest, I never even tried the Projection Pal. I usually just type in my projections by hand. Maybe this will be the year I try the Projection Pal

By hand? Seriously?

A lot of people seem to want to use the ESPN projections. Maybe someone should work up a copy of Pal with the ESPN projections for you guys to share. I don't have time to do that today though.

Just posted the latest projection update from Mike Krueger! Plus updated ADP and depth charts.

Another update just posted. Two days in a row? What the heck?

Changes are a result of Mikel Leshoure's injury, Ricky Williams' signing with the Ravens, a few QBs, IDP update, depth charts. Oh, and I added or updated a bunch of player notes. Enjoy!

Third update of the week just posted! Mark Ingram flip-flops with Pierre Thomas, and other positive changes. Projections, depth charts, ADP, notes, both sides of the ball.

Pre-season games start today! :headbanger:

Hi Mike,

7 yrs and counting with CCDB. I'm a little late to download this year. Anyway, I don't seem to see the standard update projections and compile cheatsheets buttons. I do see some "re-rank" buttons. I looked through the instructions and forum but just couldn't seem to find the answers I was looking for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Hi Jim. We're glad to have you back. Things have definitely moved around a bit this year, haven't they? We hope you like the changes. Check the action tab. You'll find those buttons there. I tried to number the first five tabs as more or less steps, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (action) for everyone to follow those, create their cheatsheets and set up the draft tracker (Draft Buddy) tabs.

Trying to use this on a MacBook Pro running the latest OS (Lion) and using Excel for 2011 (just bought it in April), and I'm experiencing a few problems. A lot of the text doesn't show. I've discovered that if I highlight blank areas and turn "Bold" off, then I see text that was previously not showing but I have no idea which areas should contain text and which don't so it's kind of trial and error.

Text on what tabs, Tim? Can you give me a little more detail what you are referring to?

Text on what tabs, Tim? Can you give me a little more detail what you are referring to?

I sent an email with screen shots. It was easier than trying to explain here without photos

I have now run into a 2nd problem. Is there a limit on the number of teams/rounds the macro can handle? I play in a 16 team / 40 player roster Dynasty League on ESPN. When I input the fields for 40 players (used 3.5 twice for extra RBS/WRS) and try to create a cheatsheet, I get an error message saying Macros are not enabled. Macros were enabled when I opened the spreadsheet.

When I ran the cheatsheet using only Starters (only 23 rather than 40), it worked fine. I then realized why I didn't have 680 players and edited the fields to add up to 40 player rosters and I get the error. I did it with 35 keepers and with 0 since I thought maybe not having 35 keepers listed yet for each team might be the problem. Same result.

I tried to email screenshots but your mailbox is full.

Just emailed you back.

emailed you back; so far it hasn't bounced back again.

It bounced back also; I'll try to send another using a different email service like gmail and see what happens but it'll be tomorrow (tonight your time). I have to get some sleep

Haven't seen it, so I'm going to go check the status of that mailbox.

Edit - Mailbox looks fine. Completely empty. You're using the mike@draftbuddy.com email address, right?

Haven't seen it, so I'm going to go check the status of that mailbox.

Edit - Mailbox looks fine. Completely empty. You're using the mike@draftbuddy.com email address, right?

Yes, sent an email a short time ago from Google Chrome since e the ones from my main email kept bouncing back

I don't think I received any emails from your yesterday. Try the compiler@fftoday.com email address again.

The compiler issue has partially resolved. I cleaned off some files to free up some disk space and ran a "repair permissions". Not sure if either is responsible but as of 5 minutes ago, I was able to run the 16 team 40 man roster without an error message but it only gives me 240 players "overall" and not 640. Is this the limit on Overall? I notice it does give me deeper ranking by position just not "overall".

the email from my main email received back this message each time : A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of itsrecipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: mike@draftbuddy.com mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------------ The body of the message is 3303226 characters long; only the first------ 106496 or so are included here.Return-path: <fantasysports@timnew.com>Received: from sky.securenet-server.net ([207.45.187.90]) by server.fantasythrowdown.com with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256) (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <fantasysports@timnew.com>) id 1QuOXJ-0004sB-Ts for mike@draftbuddy.com; Fri, 19 Aug 2011 05:51:02 -0700 .....

I don't think I received any emails from your yesterday. Try the compiler@fftoday.com email address again.