Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

CJ Anderson

Hasn't got much burn behind McCaffery, but has averaged over 5 ypc in limited duty.....and has pretty decent hands. McCaffery owners should definitely have him handcuffed, but also seems like a good bench stash for anyone with room and looking for a potential lotto down the stretch, should McCaffery get banged up.

I admit that I am a little biased, since he nearly singlehandedly won me my championship game last year, putting up 25/118/1 rushing and 3/36/1 in week 16 last year. But, looking at it objectively, there just aren't that many RB's potentially on league waivers with that kind of upside. He is only 27 years old with a good track record on a decent team.

Good speculative add. Anyone else looking at him or holding him?

CJ Anderson and McCaffrey both have the same problem: Cam Newton gets the goal line carries. It severely limits their touchdown upside which is what turns good yardage days into week winning performances. If you're the Carolina offensive coordinator why hand the ball off inside the 5 when you can run some sort of RPO that forces the defense to defend Funchess, Olsen, and McCaffrey as receivers and Newton has a RB?

Still, they do have two excellent matchups, so if you have the bench spot you could do worse.

He’s taken.

Not available in any of my leagues.

Diffently worth a stash of you have the room.

As discussed recently, some leagues allow you to drop a bench player who has already played. With a Thursday night game, might be a good idea to pick up CJ if available.....just in case of a CMac injury. Can then turn around and drop him, if need be.

He's a potential lottery ticket if CMC were to go down. Another 3-down back in high-volume offense. I don't have room for him in the one league where I own him, but if I did I would definitely be trying to get him rostered.

Non is the grab.

Here's hoping for last years week 16 #'s from CJ Anderson:

16/88/1 rushing and 7/45/0 receiving

I don’t see any of the Rams rb doing a lot.

I think it will be more of a even split.

Not a surprise at all to hear about Anderson getting the first shot.

But I’m not buying.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams "would like" to sit Todd Gurley (game-time decision) if there are "any concerns" about his knee.

As has seemed to be the case all week, Schefter reports Gurley wants to play while the Rams want to play it safe. More than just a normal pre-game check, it sounds like Gurley will have to prove he is near 100 percent in warmups to get the green light. C.J. Anderson will reportedly lead the backfield if Gurley sits, but John Kelly should also be involved.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22 - 11:56 PM

Went with damn Alfred Blue instead of CJA or Kelly

Got CJ going in 4 leagues. He bailed me out in week 16 last season. Hoping for a repeat.

• Like 1

My only other options in the afternoon were Royce Freeman and Darrell Williams, why couldn't they have just declared Gurley out this morning

CJ, Davis or Kelly??

Coin flip, in reality.

I'm going with CJ

Good call. :thumbsup:

Gut feeling that I couldn't shake. Love a guy that walks in off the street to help win fantasy titles.

Glad I got one right. My McKenzie call nearly sunk me.....although he did get knocked outta the game for a long time with a head injury....but still.

Had Breida, Anderson, and Kelley. Was going with Kelley. Then switched to Anderson. Then fell for Breida when there was a mix up of who was going to get more snaps in LA, especially with Davis being active too.

Figured Breida would get a lot of dump offs and hopefully stay healthy for this game...didn't make it into the 2nd quarter...

So depressed. Will probably lose by 5 or 10...wish I could go back in time to put back in Anderson.

No way in hell I could've started CJ without having a good backup plan...but kudos to those it worked out for...hes definitely outscoring Alf Blue

No way in hell I could've started CJ without having a good backup plan...but kudos to those it worked out for...hes definitely outscoring Alf Blue

Well, you are gonna really love this, then:

In one league I sat MG3 Thursday....betting that Gurley-man wouldn't play, and inserting CJ.

I have been playing FF a long time, and have reached a point where the only true satisfaction I get is winning a game on a move that has everyone else saying "Whaaaa?".

Of course, it blows up a lot.....and I wouldn't recommend what I did to anyone. Kinda foolish, actually....but after 20+ years, and everyone now having access to the same info and following the same start em/sit em formats....it is what keeps me playing.

True....I probably would've chose wrong and went Kelly, but crap Blue only got 4 carries

I'm feeling it too man. Went with Breida over Anderson.

Hard to blame myself as Breida had a few 20 point games this season and even a 30 point game in PPR.

Someone leaked the 49ers games last year against the Jags where they blew their top off and Breida had a great game...ugh...shoulda stuck with my original plan.

13-1 down the drain :(

• Like 1

So glad I picked up and started Anderson. Had Gurley and if it wasn't for Anderson I might not have won my league.

I'm feeling it too man. Went with Breida over Anderson.

Hard to blame myself as Breida had a few 20 point games this season and even a 30 point game in PPR.

Someone leaked the 49ers games last year against the Jags where they blew their top off and Breida had a great game...ugh...shoulda stuck with my original plan.

13-1 down the drain :(

Just couldn't pull the trigger on putting CJ in my lineup. Doesn't look like it will cost me though. I was playing the Gurley owner so if nothing else I kept him from using CJ.

I did the same. I grabbed CJ as soon as I heard as I played the gurley owner in the ship. In fact I grabbed a lot of WW backs as a block (J. Williams, McGuire also). It worked. He ended up using Doug Martin going tonite. I have a huge cushion and also Jared Cook. Too bad I didnt actually play Anderson but at least I got the block. ALthough even if he started Anderson I'd still win. Now I just have to hope that Matin does not out score Cook by 30 points. LOL