Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official TCU National Championship Thread***

It's all falling into place for the best team in the country. Best offense. Best defense. Whoot!! :overhead:

Just taking care of business in blowing out Iowa St. How can you keep them out of the playoffs now, seeded #3, and winning with style? I'll tell you what...NONE reason.

I'll extend an olive branch to Baylor, a pretty good team. I'm hoping that either Florida St or Alabama loses so Baylor get the #4 seed.

TCU wins 55-3; TCU outgains Iowa St 722 total yards to 236.

:banana: :banana:

In your opinion, is this TCU team better or worse than the Nevada team you were pimping as the best team in the country a few years ago?

In your opinion, is this TCU team better or worse than the Nevada team you were pimping as the best team in the country a few years ago?

I never pimped Nevada as the best team in the country. I may have been an advocate of a Colin Kaepernick led team as a top 10 team, but as no point would I have ever considered a defensively challenged Nevada team as the best.

You fail, Sir. You lose. Good day.

I never pimped Nevada as the best team in the country. I may have been an advocate of a Colin Kaepernick led team as a top 10 team, but as no point would I have ever considered a defensively challenged Nevada team as the best.

You fail, Sir. You lose. Good day.

Maybe it was Giants Fan. I get you two mixed up all the time.

Apologies. Carry on.

Maybe it was Giants Fan. I get you two mixed up all the time.

Apologies. Carry on.

No, I'm the controversial NCAA guy. That's not Giants Fan's bag.

Go ahead and give me sh!t. It's copacetic.

I just want to reestablish that Kansas St will beat Baylor. Whoot!! :overhead:

It's all falling into place for the best team in the country. Best offense. Best defense. Whoot!! :overhead:

Just taking care of business in blowing out Iowa St. How can you keep them out of the playoffs now, seeded #3, and winning with style? I'll tell you what...NONE reason.

I'll extend an olive branch to Baylor, a pretty good team. I'm hoping that either Florida St or Alabama loses so Baylor get the #4 seed.

How to keep them out?

Baylor should be in over them...despite the Big 12's stance, TCU won't even be the conference champ. "One True Champion"...except this year of course where two tied teams won't use a tiebreaker. What a joke. They should keep them both out until the Big 12 determines an actual champ.

If Bama and FSU both win...no way should TCU make it in over Baylor if Baylor wins.

And blowing out a terrible Iowa St. shouldn't really change anything.

I don't know the details, but don't they have a tiebreaker and they are just choosing not to use it? If that is correct, how can anyone take that conference seriously?

If there is a tiebreaker, which team would win?

I really don't know. If what I think is happening is right, the conference should be embarrassed.

I don't know the details, but don't they have a tiebreaker and they are just choosing not to use it? If that is correct, how can anyone take that conference seriously?

If there is a tiebreaker, which team would win?

I really don't know. If what I think is happening is right, the conference should be embarrassed.

Any other year, Baylor would be named the conference champ (if they win today) and gone to whatever bowl for the conference champ.

This year, they decided they would name them co-champs to ensure they get at least one team in the playoff and likely hoping for 2 (because early on the committee said they would take conference championships as an important factor).

They are scared OSU would remain ahead of Baylor so they won't name them conference champ because TCU was ranked higher and they don't want to lose their shot at having someone in the picture.

Any other year, Baylor would be named the conference champ (if they win today) and gone to whatever bowl for the conference champ.

This year, they decided they would name them co-champs to ensure they get at least one team in the playoff and likely hoping for 2 (because early on the committee said they would take conference championships as an important factor).

They are scared OSU would remain ahead of Baylor so they won't name them conference champ because TCU was ranked higher and they don't want to lose their shot at having someone in the picture.

That's what I thought. That is total horse . Why wouldn't Baylor complain or even sue? You can't just change the rules.

That's what I thought. That is total horse ######. Why wouldn't Baylor complain or even sue? You can't just change the rules.

Exactly. Consider when a team with 2 losses gets into a title game over a team with zero losses, you just have to get outraged. It hasn't happened recently. Right?

Grrrrrrr. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Exactly. Consider when a team with 2 losses gets into a title game over a team with zero losses, you just have to get outraged. It hasn't happened recently. Right?

Grrrrrrr. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not even close to the same thing and you know it.

For the record, I am in favor of anything other than alabama winning.

I don't care about conference championships. I just care about who is the best team.

Sure, head to head is huge. But it's not the only factor. I mean, TCU's only loss was last second to a top 10 team. Baylor lost to a 7-5 team.

Then the one non common opponent I believe is Minnesota (a good big 10 team) vs Buffalo I think (a non good high school team).

I just look at them over the course of the season, and easily think TCU has been better.

TCU was up by 45 points and were still throwing the ball. I dont know if they will get in but I would love to see them get their asses beat by Alabama.

I just want to reestablish that Kansas St will beat Baylor. Whoot!! :overhead:

Sig bet says Baylor wins by more than 10 points. One month sig line bet, Holmes. :bandana:

TCU was up by 45 points and were still throwing the ball. I dont know if they will get in but I would love to see them get their asses beat by Alabama.

TCU was kneeling on the ball with 4 minutes to go and in the red zone. So your argument is stupid. Stupid and dumb.

Sig bet says Baylor wins by more than 10 points. One month sig line bet, Holmes. :bandana:

Sig bets are for fagguts. In my history at this site, I've always called those types of bets faggy, and I will not wager in my opinion.

Thanks anyway.

Sig bets are for fagguts. In my history at this site, I've always called those types of bets faggy, and I will not wager in my opinion.

Thanks anyway.

Relax. I was just showing up to cancel the bet. Baylor will win by a lot more than 10 points and it would not be fair.

Thought you would be all over faggy, though. :dunno:

If WVU could have got at least one first down in the fourth quarter, this thread definitely would not exist...

TCU was kneeling on the ball with 4 minutes to go and in the red zone. So your argument is stupid. Stupid and dumb.

Oh, you mean when they were up by 52? I would hope they would kneel at that point. Doesnt matter anyway, TCU would get their asses kicked by a good team. They dont belong in the final 4 imo.

Bama, FSU, Ducks, Buckeyes.

These are the 4 teams I predict get in.

As for what's deserved...FSU deserves it regardless. Undefeated and defending champs. So they are in.

Beyond that, the next 5 are interchangeable. Baylor easily has the best win, as they've beaten another of the big 6 teams. On the flip side, TCU is the only team whose loss is elite, as its a loss to a big 6 team.

TCU lost on a last second FG to a 11-1 Baylor team.

Alabama lost to a 9-3 team.

Oregon lost to a 10-3 team.

Baylor lost by two TDs to a 7-5 team.

Ohio State lost by two TDs to a 6-6 team.

I think the Baylor and Ohio State losses should just be too bad for them to win this beauty contest.

But In the end, TCU and Baylor will likely be out for two reasons. They don't have the football reps of these other 4 schools. And the Big 12 doesn't have the rep or history that the Big 10 has.

I don't care about conference championships. I just care about who is the best team.

Sure, head to head is huge. But it's not the only factor. I mean, TCU's only loss was last second to a top 10 team. Baylor lost to a 7-5 team.

Then the one non common opponent I believe is Minnesota (a good big 10 team) vs Buffalo I think (a non good high school team).

I just look at them over the course of the season, and easily think TCU has been better.

And IMO head to head trumps losing to a team that ended up 7-5.

If they were the better team, they would have beaten Baylor.

And IMO head to head trumps losing to a team that ended up 7-5.

If they were the better team, they would have beaten Baylor.

In my opinion, you are thinking about it incorrectly. I don't think it should be a question of Baylor vs TCU. Or TCU vs Ohio State. Or Baylor vs Oregon. Or whatever.

I think the 6 teams should be judged on their own merit. Individually. Almost as if you look at each season and assign a score to it.

So when I score TCU's season, I'll note that they beat 2 current top 25 teams. Dominating a top 10 team. There only loss was last second loss to a big six 11-1team. There out of conference schedule included a team that's been ranked most the season, etc.

When I score Ohio State's season, they beat 2 current top 25 teams, destroying 1. Their loss was to a 6-6 team. Etc.

When I score Baylor's season, they beat 2 current top 25 teams, destroying 1. Their loss was to a 7-5 team. Their out of conference schedule was a punchline. Etc.

And Alabama, Oregon, and FSU need to be judged the same way.

If this was just about Baylor vs TCU, the debate would be different maybe. But thinking about it in a "team A vs team B" way puts you into a situation where you say "Baylor trumps TCU because of head to head" but "Ohio State trumps Baylor because of..." ...."however TCU trumps Ohio State because...."

So you just have to step back and judge each team on its own individual merit and in the end, the 4 teams that had the 4 best seasons should go into the playoff.

It would be utterly retarded for TCU to go in ahead of Baylor, when Baylor beat them. None of that matters anyways, because Ohio St. is a better team, that played a tougher schedule, in a stronger conference.

I doubt the co-champ nonsense made any difference, but the big 12 commish should be fired.

I wonder if they will change it now and declare Baylor the sole champ.

Neither TCU or Baylor deserved to get in. The Big 12 is weak and each team's non conference schedule was weak as well.

I doubt the co-champ nonsense made any difference, but the big 12 commish should be fired.

I wonder if they will change it now and declare Baylor the sole champ.

I think that is part of it...the other is just not having a real championship game adding another top game.

If you don't have that (and they need to fix whatever rule or have them add teams)...you better have a solid non-conference schedule.

The championship game is nonsense to me. In the Big 12, everyone plays everyone. The reason these other conferences have to have championship games is because they are so big that several teams don't play each other.

In the end, the committee blew it. Last week they moved TCU up to 3rd, then they win by 52, and drop to 6th. It's just weird.

The final decisions were based on branding. Give Texas and Oklahoma the resumes of TCU and Baylor, and things are different. But even if Ohio State lost to a 6-6 team, the brand is too powerful for a Baylor or TCU to go in ahead of them.

The only good part of the new system is that more than 2 teams get in. I think the committee is a bad idea.That said, I have no problem with the top 4. My prediction: Oregon beats Alabama.

Ohio St is better then TCU. Committee got it right. Baylor beat TCU, Baylor won the Big 12, only team that has a gripe is Baylor. TCU finished 2nd in their conference by it's own conference rules AND lost head to head. They should've never been ranked higher then Baylor. Big 12 needs to add 2-4 more teams and a championship game. Get with the times Big 12.

The championship game is nonsense to me. In the Big 12, everyone plays everyone. The reason these other conferences have to have championship games is because they are so big that several teams don't play each other.

In the end, the committee blew it. Last week they moved TCU up to 3rd, then they win by 52, and drop to 6th. It's just weird.

The final decisions were based on branding. Give Texas and Oklahoma the resumes of TCU and Baylor, and things are different. But even if Ohio State lost to a 6-6 team, the brand is too powerful for a Baylor or TCU to go in ahead of them.

That and OSU had a higher ranked strength of schedule.

Big 12...everyone plays everyone...but they won't use actual results to break a tie. How stupid is that.

Blew it? Meh, they get even more press and people talking about it...ratings will be through the roof.

Beating Iowa State by 52 was meaningless...as it should be. Other teams could move ahead because their resumes got better, while TCU's got worse. Was dumb for them to move them to 3 last week.