Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Auto mechanics are Thieves

Okay not all are.

I had a great place for over 20+ years. Always reliable never doubted them.

Two brothers owned it. They did end up screwing us by selling it to PepBoys.

I should of known better.

Im not even going to get into the details - mechanics are half retarded and sales associates are thieves.

Horrible experience

Okay not all are.

I had a great place for over 20+ years. Always reliable never doubted them.

Two brothers owned it. They did end up screwing us by selling it to PepBoys.

I should of known better.

Im not even going to get into the details - mechanics are half retarded and sales associates are thieves.

Horrible experience

I think any shops other than indy shops are trash. You can usually talk direct to the tech doin the work. I hardly take mine to shops, but I stay away from Firestone, NTB, Pep Boys, etc.

I'm rollin' hard now I'm under control

Then wrapped the six-fo' round the telephone poll

I looked at my car and I said, "Oh brother

I throw it in the gutter and go buy another"

I think any shops other than indy shops are trash. You can usually talk direct to the tech doin the work. I hardly take mine to shops, but I stay away from Firestone, NTB, Pep Boys, etc.

I know and should of known better.

Two things

1 its around the block and convenient- already have vehicle history.

B One of the Brothers stayed on. Now I know he is there as a desk jockey. Not a manager or has any say but answering phones.

Live and learn.

Horrible experience

Shitbirds make the good guys look bad. Just like HVAC , plumbing etc. It's a crap shoot unless you know someone

I'm rollin' hard now I'm under control

Then wrapped the six-fo' round the telephone pole

I looked at my car and I said, "Oh brother

I throw it in the gutter and go buy another"

Awesome lyric. Only small loss of cred due to spelling

I know and should of known better.

Two things

1 its around the block and convenient- already have vehicle history.

B One of the Brothers stayed on. Now I know he is there as a desk jockey. Not a manager or has any say but answering phones.

Live and learn.

Dont feel too bad. Given those circumstances, I probably would have given the new owners a shot. Live and learn.

We've been lucky that we have an indy shop within a mile or two of our house which has always treated us right. Also the dealership for my Lincoln was the same. I totally planned to get another Lincoln because of my experience with my service guy, but I just didn't like the product.

I think it comes down to the individual mechanic, and sometimes the shop management, that determines whether you have a positive experience or not. I was pleasantly surprised a couple of years ago by a shop. We had taken a road trip to San Diego for a concert. What better car to take to San Diego than the S2000? Great, but the day after the concert when we were heading over to the marina for a boat cruise around San Diego harbor the check engine light triggered and I could tell it was misfiring. After our boat ride I started looking for shops that would let us an OBD II scanner to see what was wrong and the only place reasonably close was a Pep Boys. So we limped the car there. They were great. Let us use the OBD II scanner, which confirmed misfires in a couple of cylinders, and loaned me tools so I could do some basic troubleshooting. Ultimately, it wasn't a simple problem I could resolve in their parking lot so I had to leave it with them to fix it. They diagnosed the issue and fixed it. I haven't had any issues with it since they repaired it so as far as I can tell they did a great job. I tried to tip the mechanic who was so helpful and ultimately worked on the car but he refused to take it.

So, IMO YMMV even with chain shops.

Went to drive my kids to work this morning and my 2 back tires slashed. Has to be that shitbag MF from PepBoys that I berated yesterday- Im gonna kill that Indian pile of Sh1t

No way it isnt him. To much of a coincidence

Went to drive my kids to work this morning and my 2 back tires slashed. Has to be that shitbag MF from PepBoys that I berated yesterday- Im gonna kill that Indian pile of Sh1t

That focking blows man. I'd file a police report and call PepBoys Corporate.

Photos of slashed tires?

That focking blows man. I'd file a police report and call PepBoys Corporate.

Just completed the first one and always was going to call corporate- even before this part of the saga

Since its Thanksgiving weekend, Ill suggest you be thankful he didnt take a greasy curry sh!t in the drivers seat.

Hate that for you. We have two good ones here. One I dealt with for years. I will take it in and he will say it was a loose Johnson rod holder gasket thingy or something else and say we tightened it, no charge. But is always seems that when we are out of town something goes wrong with whatever we are driving and we pay out the ass.

Best mechanics own their owns shops. If they rent, they're more likely to find something wrong no matter what.