Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Suicides reaching epic proportions

Mental Illness is not well-understood or accepted.

Are drug-related deaths in there I wonder?

I miss wiff :unsure:

I can help you there, it really boils down to two things....breathing control and trigger control.....take the breath, but don't wait until you fully exhale, you want to pull the trigger just BEFORE you reach the peak bottom of that breath....and the finger should act independently of all else, as if its separate from your body.....it moves on its own and the rest of you is still....motionless, as if floating, totally relaxed.....gently pressure on that trigger JUST before the bottom of the breath.... no tensing, no anticipation, just acceptance..... :thumbsup:

I can help you there, it really boils down to two things....

Pressure and Time :headbanger:

Especially those closely associated with the Clintons or Big Pharma

Especially those closely associated with the Clintons or Big Pharma

Okay but what about the other 17,000? :dunno:

Maybe they should tell people suicide is dangerous. :dunno:

Well, if their dead they cannot sue, so no need for warning labels I guess, but back to really important stuff, any old women spill coffee on themselves today yet? ^_^

Thoughts on why suicides are way up? I wonder if its related at all to the opioid crisis or economic stuff. Its a subject I care about a lot since it disproportionately affects white middle aged men.

Thoughts on why suicides are way up? I wonder if its related at all to the opioid crisis or economic stuff. Its a subject I care about a lot since it disproportionately affects white middle aged men.

That was my first thought too, up above, how do they classify an opiod-related death? Is it ever categorized as a suicide?

That was my first thought too, up above, how do they classify an opiod-related death? Is it ever categorized as a suicide?

I would doubt it, but I cant say for sure. Pen probably knows.

I didn't read the whole article; did it talk about white middle aged men? :unsure:

Anyway, I would guess that increased suicide is tied to increased inability to deal with adversity. Rudolph in 2018 would have offed himself. :(

As with any stats, they need to be broken down, and the immediate assessment is the one you want to avoid, the truth is always far more interesting than opinion.

Some of these, possibly even the majority, are more dangerous if they don't kill themselves. I welcome thinning the herd of bad machines.,

Studies have shown the more suicide is talked about the more people will commit suicide.

I didn't read the whole article; did it talk about white middle aged men? :unsure:

I didnt either but Ive read a bunch of other articles about it and suicides are notably up among that group.

Article is 5 years old but there are other sources out there. Suicide up 40% among WMAM in a 10-year period:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201305/white-middle-age-suicide-in-america-skyrockets%3famp

Suicides overwhelmingly white men between 45-65:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna762221

I didnt read any of the article. I think it was was related to Clinton accusors.

I didnt either but Ive read a bunch of other articles about it and suicides are notably up among that group.

Article is 5 years old but there are other sources out there. Suicide up 40% among WMAM in a 10-year period:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201305/white-middle-age-suicide-in-america-skyrockets%3famp

Appreciate the link. That author is apparently an MD but couldn't put a sentence together if he had a gun to his head, pardon the pun. Nevertheless, the numbers are shocking. :(

Appreciate the link. That author is apparently an MD but couldn't put a sentence together if he had a gun to his head, pardon the pun. Nevertheless, the numbers are shocking. :(

I was really surprised to. Ive been coming over a lot of articles like this the past few years. I knew men were far more likely to commit suicide. I had no idea it was overwhelmingly white men of roughly my age range.

Hang in there white middle aged geeks. :(

Hang in there white middle aged geeks. :(

Poor choice of words MDC.

I think we may have lost wiff and volty. Volty I'm sure is just a bored suicide, but with all the sh!t wiff has said of late, I worry about that guy.

Volty has been dead to me for a few years :bandana:

:banana:

Wiff may be dead, but why would Volty quit this place? Admittedly I've been off the grid much of this week.

Volty has been dead to me for a few years :bandana:

:banana:

:first:

Poor choice of words MDC.

I think we may have lost wiff and volty. Volty I'm sure is just a bored suicide, but with all the sh!t wiff has said of late, I worry about that guy.

Damn I hope thats not true.

Did wiff say anything that would cause the ban hammer lately?

On most sites, of course. Here, I don't think so. :dunno:

Did wiff say anything that would cause the ban hammer lately?

Hes made suicidal comments a number of times in recent years. Then on Thanksgiving, he made a really odd (even for wiff) kinda wistful post about it being his last Thanksgiving.

Was a nice one. Probably my last one. And if it is that's cool. Got to meet the newest member of the family. This beautiful black dog. Cool as hell. And got to leave Bert a voicemail and hmong water txt. Good day. Lot of homemade beer and a few shots just for fun.

Beautiful night. Big moon. Nice people. The last of my uncles. Good night. Hope you guys had the same.

Think that is his last post.

Hes made suicidal comments a number of times in recent years. Then on Thanksgiving, he made a really odd (even for wiff) kinda wistful post about it being his last Thanksgiving.

Think that is his last post.

I remember seeing that at the time. Not good. Holidays are a rough time for many people.

I remember seeing that at the time. Not good. Holidays are a rough time for many people.

yep

Yeah I saw it too and assumed he was being maudlin / nostalgic or whatever. I really like Wiff and hope hes okay.

Id be curious as to how many are 25 and under...snowflakes and all...gender confusion...putting your whole life on social media for criticism...

Id be curious as to how many are 25 and under...snowflakes and all...gender confusion...putting your whole life on social media for criticism...

that under 25 has historically been high..... impulsive, less mature, less able to look at things long term, emotions are more intense.

also, elderly.... aches and pains, losing friends and family, less independence, less able to do things