Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Geek Club posters

Still play.

Leauge 1 is very old school...people I used to work with. 16 teams that get split into two different drafts...play inter division and interleague games with a Super Bowl that yes could feature teams playing the same guy against each other. TD only scoring...its strange but still a fun league and good people so I stay in it.

League 2 is with the typical friends...most of us play a fantasy baseball league too. Typical standard scoring league.

Neither is for a whole lot of money...most of the fun is getting together for the drafts and having a few beers.

Leauge 3 is a free one I do. Was asked a few years back to fill in an open spot in a PPR league from a parent of a kid I coached and my son played soccer with. Won it 3 years in a row and last year was my first down year. Its ok and I do it more as a favor. Do an online draft and the crap talking is minimal. I may bow out of it this year.

I don't really venture to the main board...not much info really happening there.

People you used to work with? That must be a really, really old league. Who was your first pick, Joe Namath?

• Like 1

Have any Geeks ever been on a poster? Election? Wanted?

I was on a poster once in Idaho.

Some degenerate teenager put it up in the town bar, claiming I was a criminal and for people to BOLO. (he was mad I his mom)

:lol:

Have any Geeks ever been on a poster? Election? Wanted?

Digby was on an Olympics poster. It was very special.

In one league that I have been in since 1993. I stay because I feel kinda obligated. Not really into it anymore.

I still enjoy football though. It has zero to do with the anthem stuff. Just kinda bored with it

I'm down to 2 leagues.

1. Main money deep keeper league. We used to all live here in Phoenix and we would draft the Saturday before the first game (before Thursday games started) at a friend's house, drink too many bloody marys, and have our SOs drive us home. We're celebrating the 30th year of the league and descending on Vegas to try to recreate the old magic.

2. Interboard League (IBL). I'm part of a team that was with FFLW before it died. MTSkiBum is as well. Every year I think about quitting and then I remember that those drafts are like crack cocaine for FF players.

Quit about 3 years ago. Good decision, as I actually enjoy watching football again without fixating on the stat ticker.

I don't come here for the bickering, but it's a place to get a vague handle on current events and political views of people outside my island bubble.

• Like 1

Dynasty league, geek club members.

I only keep playing because I don't want the league to fold (I do the money)

Oh, did I mention I won it all last year :first:

Kat Fancy is on the prowl this year.

Good luck beating us :cheers:

That should be gocolts, I just joined.

I really let that league down. :( They were great to me and my life changed completely and then I focked up badly in the league..