Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Trump's Wall

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/economic-ramifications-trumps-border-wall-proposal/story?id=38161205

"The cost of a border wall is nothing compared to the hundreds of billions we spend year after year providing services and benefits to illegal immigrants," Trump said in a press release, while claiming that Mexico has “taken advantage” of the United States for years with "criminal activity."

How is this man still getting support? Who in their right mind thinks a "wall" is going to have any impact?

depends how you define a zero sum game. We lose jobs money and taxes. Businesses benefit and emerging economies benefit

Praying we see this thing take shape for the comedy alone. Its all I want for america is Trump as president if not Hilary.

The funny thing is , Trump may actually get them to pay for his wall.

The funny thing is , Trump may actually get them to pay for his wall.

Trump doesn't even want to be president, dingbat. It was all a media ploy and even he underestimated how many morons like you would fall for it :lol: :doh:

Trump doesn't even want to be president, dingbat. It was all a media ploy and even he underestimated how many morons like you would fall for it :lol: :doh:

Who says I'm voting for him? It's just funny that if he were to win, Mexico might pay for it.

Who says I'm voting for him? It's just funny that if he were to win, Mexico might pay for it.

You are dumb enough to believe that.

Well, seeing as how Every Mexican Notable has already said there's no way in hell they'll pay for the wall. And Trump's only defense is that he would charge them taxes And Terrace which go completely against NAFTA which require Congressional approval, what is your basis for saying this?

You've been saying it, for months :doh:

I don't remember that. Saying he's got some good ideas doesn't mean I would actually vote for him.

To be fair, Mexico may build a wall to keep everyone out if Trump gets elected.

Well, seeing as how Every Mexican Notable has already said there's no way in hell they'll pay for the wall. And Trump's only defense is that he would charge them taxes And Terrace which go completely against NAFTA which require Congressional approval, what is your basis for saying this?

What's Terrace? Tarrifs? No, that's not how. He's going to stop wire transfers to Mexico.

What's Terrace? Tarrifs? No, that's not how. He's going to stop wire transfers to Mexico.

Tariffs.

Okay, lets say you're right. I havent heard him say that, but even if so, thats not revenue.

Okay, lets say you're right. I havent heard him say that, but even if so, thats not revenue.

The illegals won't be able to send money home to Mexico.

The illegals won't be able to send money home to Mexico.

Thus violating a s*** ton of international Commerce and banking rules. And, still Would not generate any Revenue. In fact would be a revenue loser for the economy As those who facilitate those transfers take a percentage off of every transaction.Furthermore , With the lack of Revenue Oh, actually more Mexicans would pour across our borders Because they could not afford To live without the supplemental income.I could go for days on this one, But I think you get my point.

Thus violating a s*** ton of international Commerce and banking rules. And, still Would not generate any Revenue. In fact would be a revenue loser for the economy As those who facilitate those transfers take a percentage off of every transaction.Furthermore , With the lack of Revenue Oh, actually more Mexicans would pour across our borders Because they could not afford To live without the supplemental income.I could go for days on this one, But I think you get my point.

Banking laws? Western union isn't a bank. Besides, Patriot Act !

Banking laws? Western union isn't a bank. Besides, Patriot Act !

Really not even worth responding to. And I'm done with the sissy slap fights on this board.. So hey, believe what you want to believe. I'll do the same. Have a great night.

Really not even worth responding to. And I'm done with the sissy slap fights on this board.. So hey, believe what you want to believe. I'll do the same. Have a great night.

Who's having a fight? He said he will enforce provisions in the patriot act concerning financial transactions. Is upholding an existing law radical now?

It's just ........... So focking dumb :facepalm:

What is?

Those who are aware that we already have built it in some areas and that it has had a large impact in those areas.

:dunno:

Not all that much of an impact and the cost was ridiculous.

Those who are aware that we already have built it in some areas and that it has had a large impact in those areas.

:dunno:

Makes sense.

Imagine the irony if Trump has actual Mexicans build the wall.

That would be a comedians wet dream right there.

Imagine the irony if Trump has actual Mexicans build the wall.

That would be a comedians wet dream right there.

The Irony is that Cruz is going to build a wall too, and he's an immigrant!

Yeah, no impact:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

Sorry for using such a biased source.

:lol:

I wasn't the one who said no impact dumbass.

And your link is 10 focking years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/build-a-wall-on-the-border-no-thanks-says-san-diego/2015/10/31/f821073e-71d9-11e5-8d93-0af317ed58c9_story.html

Try a newer one.

And even in your own link (did you even read it?) there is this..

"It didn't stop people from crossing," she says. "It just forced them to cross in the deadliest stretches of the border."

An estimated 3,600 people have died crossing the U.S. border since the fences went up.

It is now harder to cross the border into the United States, and also more expensive. Border crossers say they pay human smugglers, or coyotes, much more than they did a decade ago.

Smith says the fence has actually created a sort of perverse and unintended consequence: It is keeping people in the United States who used to go back to Mexico.

"The men would come for a number of months out of every year and return (to Mexico)," Smith says. "Now, not only are the men staying, but they're bringing their families."

During the last decade, millions of people have continued to cross the border illegally — mostly in Arizona. That's the next target for those who want to build double- and triple-fencing.

A wall is only as good as the guy on top of it with a gun.

You could build a wall. And staff it with thousands of agents.

Or you could just crucify companies that employ them. Fine them into the dirt.

One solution costs billions, the other could actually be revenue positive.

Hmm. Wonder why the republicans favor the big government method?

...which go completely against NAFTA which require Congressional approval...

Presidents no longer need Congressional approval, pens and phones will suffice.

WASHINGTON (AP) Donald Trump wants to build another huge wall, this time to keep out the rising seas threatening to swamp his luxury golf resort in Ireland.The Republican presidential candidate has called climate change a con job and a hoax. But in an application filed this month in County Clare, Ireland, the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel cites the threat of global warming in seeking a permit to build a nearly two-mile-long stone wall between it and the Atlantic Ocean. The beach in front of the 18th green is disappearing at a rate of about a yard each year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-proposes-wall-protect-golf-resort-rising-seas-171025301--politics.html

Why are people against this wall again? From what I understand, the people that actually live on the border want it. Shouldn't we put a bit of credence in what they have to say?