Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

favorite and least favorite comedian

If we are talking standup Bill cosby was tremendous at delivery of a bit...an absolute master.

Todays guys im a big Jeselnik fan, Nick Thune is really dry funny...uses guitar, sings funny songs.

Cant stand gaffigan, dunham, etc.

Im actually coming around on kevin hart. Couldn't stand him, thought he was basically a louder katt william... now i find his bits pretty hilarious.

Redtodd and redtodd

:mellow:

I don't get the Anthony Jeselnik thing. Just say some really terrible, shocking things. Wow, that's fresh :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like he's got much talent to me. But hey, to each his own.

I listen to a lot of Comedy.

and none of it has rubbed off

eugene mirman

Best and Worst is subjective, but I can tell you who is by far the most overrated.......George Focking Carlin. Sorry Ed.

Saw him in Vegas years ago and it was the most disappointing experience ever. his first joke was funny, after that horrible.

First joke:

You know what nobody talks about any more?

:dunno:

:dunno:

Pussyfarts."

Thank you. I've been saying how overrated Carlin is for years. I don't find him even a little bit funny.

I really don't dislike the guy, but I haven't ever heard Dane Cook say anything remotely humorous. Not even sure he can be considered a comedian.

Like Gaffigan, Seinfeld, Gervais and others who are truly funny.

If you haven't seen the Seinfeld Comedian Cars Coffee thing, I would check it out. Very good stuff.

gervais :thumbsdown:

Thank you. I've been saying how overrated Carlin is for years. I don't find him even a little bit funny.

I like Carlin a lot. But he isn't laugh at loud funny. It's more of pointing out how stupid we are as a society, but much of that didn't happen till later on in his career. His early stuff is nothing great. YouTube George Carlin, American Dream. That's bit is why he's revered by many.

I don't get the Anthony Jeselnik thing. Just say some really terrible, shocking things. Wow, that's fresh :rolleyes:

Agree...think the same of Ross and all those that have come mostly from those stupid roasts.

Yeah it's so subjective....can't really fault anyone who likes or dislikes the exact same comedian.

Burr, Joey Diaz, Patrice, Chappelle. Enjoyed Rock and Eddie Murphy back in the day.

Cook, women, and Kevin Hart are all awful.

You know, one guy that I don't think I've seen mentioned here is John Mulaney. Wouldn't say he's my favorite but he's pretty good. Worth checking out if you haven't seen his stuff yet

Neither is probably my "favorite" but a couple guys I haven't seen mentioned that I really like are Jim Jeffries and Doug Stanhope. Can't say I have a least favorite; there are plenty of bad comedians.

Love Jim Jeffs.

currently Anthony Jeselnick hands down, with Jim Jeffries, Louis CK and Bill Burr close behind

least favorite Amy Schumer, I used to actually find her comedy relatively funny, but her political agenda makes me sick

its all in his delivery, not many people can pull that off so well

as far as funny ######, check out Shark Party on his short ran Comedy Central show

its all in his delivery, not many people can pull that off so well

as far as funny ######, check out Shark Party on his short ran Comedy Central show

Yikes

I don't know much about this jeslenik guy but if that clip is supposed to represent him at his best I'd really cringe at his worst. I can see why the show was short lived.

Yikes

I don't know much about this jeslenik guy but if that clip is supposed to represent him at his best I'd really cringe at his worst. I can see why the show was short lived.

no what it represents is that there are no boundaries

I'm having a bad day. I accidentally dropped my girlfriend's son today.

It is kind of her fault though.

She should have never asked me to be a pallbearer.

Anthony Jeselnick.

Bill burr is my favourite.

I also really like gaffigan, rock. Daniel tosh is funny. I actually really like Sarah Silverman, which in sure most here don't.

Can't stand George Lopez. Carlos Mencia. Ralphie may sucks. Every three of the four members of the blue collar comedy tour blow (the old drunk one is funny, tater salad. Forget his actual name.)

I also really like gaffigan, rock. Daniel tosh is funny. I actually really like Sarah Silverman, which in sure most here don't.

Can't stand George Lopez. Carlos Mencia. Ralphie may sucks. Every three of the four members of the blue collar comedy tour blow (the old drunk one is funny, tater salad. Forget his actual name.)

Ron White

no boundaries to ?

I've seen Bill Burr, Louis CK, Jim Norton and Jim Jeffries live. All were friggin great. If I had to pick one as a favorite I guess it would be Burr.

Missed a chance to see Patrice :(

Had tickets to see Carlin in Vegas but he kicked the bucket a week or two before the show.

As others have mentioned, Dane Cook has to be one of the worst stand-ups out there right now. Can't stand Ralphie May either.

Yeah and that's what I said. He just says really shocking/awful stuff. Maybe that was hilarious a couple decades ago but at this point it's pretty lame IMO

George Lopez is criminally unfunny. He IS a token.

Any love for Robert Schimmel?

hardest I ever laughed when I saw a comedian live.

I've seen Bill Burr, Louis CK, Jim Norton and Jim Jeffries live. All were friggin great. If I had to pick one as a favorite I guess it would be Burr.

Missed a chance to see Patrice :(

Had tickets to see Carlin in Vegas but he kicked the bucket a week or two before the show.

As others have mentioned, Dane Cook has to be one of the worst stand-ups out there right now. Can't stand Ralphie May either.

You didn't miss much.

You didn't miss much.

I agree. I saw a Carlin in Vegas with my brothers and you could tell he was just running through the motions.

Still, in his prime He was at the top of the game.

to each is own, I am sure there are plenty of people who still like Redneck jokes. I enjoy and appreciate his humor and approach

True :cheers:

George Lopez is criminally unfunny. He IS a token.

I think Lopez is alarmingly unfunny, but I did hear an interview he did with Stern and he was funny during that.

to each is own, I am sure there are plenty of people who still like Redneck jokes. I enjoy and appreciate his humor and approach

True :cheers:

Don't agree to that! The entire geek bored is based on the idea that you can change someone's opinion by berating them. :nono:

Don't agree to that! The entire geek bored is based on the idea that you can change someone's opinion by berating them. :nono:

:lock:

You didn't miss much.

Yeah, especially since he died so soon before the show. Doubt he would've been very good. I'm way more bummed I missed out on Patrice. THAT would've been a great show.

Yeah, especially since he died so soon before the show. Doubt he would've been very good. I'm way more bummed I missed out on Patrice. THAT would've been a great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otD6w82SedU

Just over the past couple years, been getting more and more into comedy/stand-up. Just went to NYC and went to the Comedy Cellar aka the club where Louis CK does sets on his show. Literally the most hilarious hour and a half of my life. Highly recommend if you're going to be in Manhattan. They are really strict about everything though. You have to make reservations; assigned, cramped seating; 2 drinks minimum, but 3 drinks maximum? Which made little sense to me. If they think you're drunk when you enter, you won't be allowed to attend(I was actually quite drunk, but not wasted so I guess I was fine). Totally worth it. No one is announced, it's just random but established comedians. I think 6 people went on, only for like 15 minutes which is actually nice. All were at least fairly well known and all were good. Judah Friedlander, the dude who plays Frank on 30 rock, had the funniest set I've ever seen. He was followed by Jim Norton, who is one of my top 5 favorite stand up comedians today and was amazed went he went on, and of course he was great. Then Ray Romano closed. I mean, I'm not really a fan but that was shocking, and he was great as well.

I think the best right now are: Louis, Burr, Jefferies, Gaffigan and Norton.