Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

The Black Dilemma - Ian Duncan

I only quickly read the thread, so if I've missed some things, please forgive me.

What I see is a lot of white people (I assume) confidently naming off problems in the black community. ...........What I don't see is many white people considering ways in which white's have contributed at all to those problems (One example being that if you know someone black around your same age, we didn't even allow that his/her parents to go to the same schools as us)........Another thing I don't see is any white people coming up with ways to help improve some of these problems.

And if we don't want to accept that we've contributed, if we don't want to work to solve the problem, and if we instead want to simply declare that "the experiment as failed", then I'd like to know what the suggested next action item is. What do you all suggest?

I only quickly read the thread, so if I've missed some things, please forgive me.

What I see is a lot of white people (I assume) confidently naming off problems in the black community. ...........What I don't see is many white people considering ways in which white's have contributed at all to those problems (One example being that if you know someone black around your same age, we didn't even allow that his/her parents to go to the same schools as us)........Another thing I don't see is any white people coming up with ways to help improve some of these problems.

And if we don't want to accept that we've contributed, if we don't want to work to solve the problem, and if we instead want to simply declare that "the experiment as failed", then I'd like to know what the suggested next action item is. What do you all suggest?

They've already suggested it here a few times. Remove all blacks from America through 3 possible solutions. Mass deportations, mass murder, or sterilization.

You haven't been paying attention here.

They've already suggested it here a few times. Remove all blacks from America through 3 possible solutions. Mass deportations, mass murder, or sterilization.

You haven't been paying attention here.

Or you haven't, as there are posters who have addressed this issue who have said no such thing.

Why, therefore, are you wasting time on the useless posts and ignoring the others?

Would be a good nickname for an all-purpose running back. :thumbsup:

I can't seem to find Ian Duncan on the waiver wire though. <_<

Because this collection on this bored is one of the most racist collections I have ever run across. That's why. One guy said black men should be sterilized. This bored hates black people. Period.

so did the creator of planned parenthood, yet she's a hero to you lefty wackjobs. Go figure. :doh:

peenie, one of my favorite posters and certainly the best on subject matter like this. The thing about all of this, which is all true, is that slavery ended 150 years ago, civil rights are at a minimum 40 years old and yet things appear to be going south. The truth is your slave masters were replaced with your liberal masters and they tell you how to feel. Any black leader that speaks up about family and education is condemned (like your response in this thread).

2 things.

1. Are black people unified about what they want? Not from the U.S., but from themselves.

2. Are they working toward getting it?

In general I think the answer to these questions is "somewhat". For latinos, asians (including east and west) the answer to both of these questions is a resounding yes.

So just 110 years of to get some degree of equal rights. But then after that, definitely all equal, no racial bias whatsoever, all problems for black people are on black people.

What I don't see is many white people considering ways in which white's have contributed at all to those problems

No, this is the problem. Blaming everything on white people and not taking any personal responsibility.

So just 110 years of to get some degree of equal rights. But then after that, definitely all equal, no racial bias whatsoever, all problems for black people are on black people.

I'll wait for a fellow leftist to accuse you of the binary black and white thinking that demands the false equivalency that destroys nuance, and hushes the truth. We'll never see it, though, because that's a tactic exclusively reserved by leftists to get political opponents to shut up.

There are no black people alive who have waited 110 years to attain equal rights, so that's a canard. The second part of your statement seems to require perfection in order to expect proper societal function. That too is a canard. Everyone experiences challenges. What is obvious is that those blacks who were subject to actual slavery and actual civil rights abuses didn't demonstrate the societal autism prevalent into today's inner cities. It's convenient for you - and for the unaccountable - to claim that they're dysfunctional because of someone else; because of something else.

So the cause, obviously, is neither of those things. It's what happened afterwards.

What happened afterwards is contained in the lie that the democrats have promulgated for decades. They claim that the 'parties switched', but that's not what really happened. What really happened is that their racism took a very devious new form: racism through the pity of entitlements. Democrats realized that their grip on control was slipping away, so they engaged in control by using taxpayer money to enslave blacks by giving them an allowance and implementing the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Which is exactly why LBJ exclaimed that he'd have 'N*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years', and why Bill Clinton was so easily able to say that 'Obama should be getting him coffee'.

That bigotry of entitlements did 1000 times more damage to its victims than any form of suppression ever devised. Had slavery and the underlying racism that drove major aspects of it simply came to an abrupt end, black families would have integrated nearly instantly into society: they were already comprised of fully functioning nuclear families. Had the underlying racism that drove civil rights abuses simply abruptly ended - if it was magically removed from the heart of racists - the same would have happened. The black family was still intact.

Now, over 70% of black families do not have a both a mother and a father. The State replaced the father with a check, and SNAP. Now, less than 22% of black families are intact. Of those that are, only 18% (IIRC) are considered poverty level.

Clearly, there is your problem. Destroy the nuclear family; destroy the culture.

There is more than one way to enslave and destroy a people. Chains can take many forms.

• Like 2

No, this is the problem. Blaming everything on white people and not taking any personal responsibility.

100% agree.

Also a problem, blaming everything on black people and not taking any personal responsibility.

:dunno:

I'll wait for a fellow leftist to accuse you of the binary black and white thinking that demands the false equivalency that destroys nuance, and hushes the truth. We'll never see it, though, because that's a tactic exclusively reserved by leftists to get political opponents to shut up.

There are no black people alive who have waited 110 years to attain equal rights, so that's a canard. The second part of your statement seems to require perfection in order to expect proper societal function. That too is a canard. Everyone experiences challenges. What is obvious is that those blacks who were subject to actual slavery and actual civil rights abuses didn't demonstrate the societal autism prevalent into today's inner cities. It's convenient for you - and for the unaccountable - to claim that they're dysfunctional because of someone else; because of something else.

So the cause, obviously, is neither of those things. It's what happened afterwards.

What happened afterwards is contained in the lie that the democrats have promulgated for decades. They claim that the 'parties switched', but that's not what really happened. What really happened is that their racism took a very devious new form: racism through the pity of entitlements. Democrats realized that their grip on control was slipping away, so they engaged in control by using taxpayer money to enslave blacks by giving them an allowance and implementing the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Which is exactly why LBJ exclaimed that he'd have 'N*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years', and why Bill Clinton was so easily able to say that 'Obama should be getting him coffee'.

That bigotry of entitlements did 1000 times more damage to its victims than any form of suppression ever devised. Had slavery and the underlying racism that drove major aspects of it simply came to an abrupt end, black families would have integrated nearly instantly into society: they were already comprised of fully functioning nuclear families. Had the underlying racism that drove civil rights abuses simply abruptly ended - if it was magically removed from the heart of racists - the same would have happened. The black family was still intact.

Now, over 70% of black families do not have a both a mother and a father. The State replaced the father with a check, and SNAP. Now, less than 22% of black families are intact. Of those that are, only 18% (IIRC) are considered poverty level.

Clearly, there is your problem. Destroy the nuclear family; destroy the culture.

There is more than one way to enslave and destroy a people. Chains can take many forms.

a canard... :lol: , you're trying way too hard.

a canard... :lol: , you're trying way too hard.

If you don't have the smarts to have this conversation, stick to fantasy football.

civil rights are at a minimum 40 years old and yet things appear to be going south.

So the current generation of black people grew up hearing stories from their parents about burning crosses in their front yards and their family members being lynched....and you think this generation shouldn't have been affected by the stories of their mother or father?

So the current generation of black people grew up hearing stories from their parents about burning crosses in their front yards and their family members being lynched....and you think this generation shouldn't have been affected by the stories of their mother or father?

That is rank excuse-making.

Jewish families heard stories of their grandparents being gassed. So why aren't Jewish families having the same problems?

• Like 1

...and might I add that the other side of this is true as well.

Many of us here were raised by parents that were in their 20s-40s when the civil rights movement occurred and no doubt some weren't on board with it. And we tend to listen to our mother's and father's stories and they influence us greatly. Yet we want to believe racism isn't still very real?

It'll take generations to completely stomp out this disease. I'm not counting on some of you to help as much as we'd like with the process.

decades.... 10 years... 50 years.... 100 years...

part of the problem is that wealth is generational and while all these decades may seem like a long time, it's really only a generation or two... wealth and education go hand-in-hand as do education and success... so that's part of the problem - but so too is the black culture which doesn't value education as much as other cultures... there's plenty of blame to go around and no simple answer.

The Jews? were merchants, wealthy and educated long before Germany's resentment, jealousy, and genocides began... using the Jews is a pretty bad example/comparison here - they were so wealthy and educated that societies were brainwashed into hating them and killing them.

If you don't have the smarts to have this conversation, stick to fantasy football.

Was this the part you thought was smart. :lol:

so did the creator of planned parenthood, yet she's a hero to you lefty wackjobs. Go figure. :doh:

Huh??

I take it that this Baker Boys character is like the leader of the anti-black movement around here?

Nice try Newbie.
  • Like 1

That is rank excuse-making.

Jewish families heard stories of their grandparents being gassed. So why aren't Jewish families having the same problems?

Most people are 200x as influenced by their parents as they are their grandparents. And our great grandparents are virtually nonexistent influences.

It's difficult to emphasize enough that these are issues that can improve exponentially with each generation......as long as we keep fighting to improve them and don't attempt to hault/reverse progress made.

Exactly. Seems only those on the right know who he's even talking about. D'oh!

I just didn't understand what his post had to do with the handful of posters here who would like to sterilize black people. Ok so someone from PP said the same thing, not sure what that has to do with this bored is all.

Didn't make a lot of sense--and if this PP person DID say that, then she should be ashamed of herself too...and sign on to this BB where she will be welcomed and supported completely.

part of the problem is that wealth is generational and while all these decades may seem like a long time, it's really only a generation or two... wealth and education go hand-in-hand as do education and success... so that's part of the problem - but so too is the black culture which doesn't value education as much as other cultures... there's plenty of blame to go around and no simple answer.

The Jews? were merchants, wealthy and educated long before Germany's resentment, jealousy, and genocides began... using the Jews is a pretty bad example/comparison here - they were so wealthy and educated that societies were brainwashed into hating them and killing them.

Good points. I think it's also important that we all admit that actual skin color has always and still does play some role in discrimination.

It's much easier to assimilate into a predominantly white culture when your skin looks more like Mel Brooks than Brooks Robinson.

Just because someone argues one side does not mean they don't see some validity on the other side. For example, I readily concede that there is racism in America and it makes it more difficult for AAs to succeed in some areas.

I'll use something I once posted about abortion to prove my point. IMO you can come at abortion from two directions; what we in electronics verification call "zero-plus" and "infinity-minus." The zero-plus approach is where I stand, abortion by default should not be allowed, and you then add specific scenarios in which it is allowed. Infinity-minus folks say abortion by default should be legal, and then add scenarios where it is not.

In the current argument, if we use "culpability of the black culture" for their problems, I am on the infinity-minus side -- own your problems, fix your broken family culture, value education, etc. and then let's pick off specific roadblocks as we find them. Zero-plus people say by default it isn't their fault, they are generally helpless to right their own ship, we should continue down the status quo and make sure we don't offend them. I'm actually struggling on the "plus" part, perhaps cbfalcon or herbivore or others can tell me where they add culpability. :dunno:

• Like 1

Wow. So you'd think that they would have had it even harder than blacks.

Wut happened?

Most people are 200x as influenced by their parents as they are their grandparents. And our great grandparents are virtually nonexistent influences.

Ah. So you don't think that Jewish people's parents relayed to their children the horrors of their lineage being gassed.

Apparently.

It's difficult to emphasize enough that these are issues that can improve exponentially with each generation......as long as we keep fighting to improve them and don't attempt to hault/reverse progress made.

What would comprise a 'reversal' in your view?

Do you see improvement in black culture? Here's what I see: I see three paths taken in black culture; two of them at least fiscally successful:

1. Those who have escaped generational entitlement/poverty/dysfunction, and made something of themselves, and preach to others that falling victim to the racism victim card is not a path to anything but continued dependence;

2. Those who have escaped generational entitlement/poverty/dysfunction, and made something of themselves, but now use their successful platform to explain that they didn't succeed because of their efforts, but of the efforts of others, and don't hold others who are still dysfunctional to account;

3. Those who are dysfunctional.

The last is still the majority; the 2nd is still the loudest and most influential. The 1st are called 'Uncle Toms' by the other two.

• Like 1

Was this the part you thought was smart. :lol:

What I thought, Herbivore, I wrote. What you responded with isn't worth anyone's time, but I'm trying to give you a chance to actually contribute something.

So do it.

...and might I add that the other side of this is true as well.

Many of us here were raised by parents that were in their 20s-40s when the civil rights movement occurred and no doubt some weren't on board with it. And we tend to listen to our mother's and father's stories and they influence us greatly. Yet we want to believe racism isn't still very real?

It'll take generations to completely stomp out this disease. I'm not counting on some of you to help as much as we'd like with the process.

The left is curing this 'disease' almost exactly like a kid allows a skinned knee to heal: they can't stop picking at it.

Just because someone argues one side does not mean they don't see some validity on the other side. For example, I readily concede that there is racism in America and it makes it more difficult for AAs to succeed in some areas.

I'll use something I once posted about abortion to prove my point. IMO you can come at abortion from two directions; what we in electronics verification call "zero-plus" and "infinity-minus." The zero-plus approach is where I stand, abortion by default should not be allowed, and you then add specific scenarios in which it is allowed. Infinity-minus folks say abortion by default should be legal, and then add scenarios where it is not.

In the current argument, if we use "culpability of the black culture" for their problems, I am on the infinity-minus side -- own your problems, fix your broken family culture, value education, etc. and then let's pick off specific roadblocks as we find them. Zero-plus people say by default it isn't their fault, they are generally helpless to right their own ship, we should continue down the status quo and make sure we don't offend them. I'm actually struggling on the "plus" part, perhaps cbfalcon or herbivore or others can tell me where they add culpability. :dunno:

I like that. I don't know if it applies to a group very well. Or maybe I don't agree with the idea that zero plus being generally helpless to right their own ship could apply to a group. Within the argument though, sure all people should own their problems. The "black community" could do something to promote a better family culture, value education, some other things for sure. The "white community" could probably do a lot too. Even you, are you really struggling to understand? Seems more like you just won't accept anything other than saying there is some racism still in the country. Two weeks ago, I was in north Pittsburgh talking to a conservative at a Primanti Bros. Nice guy, engineer, we talked some football, he jumped into the Kaep stuff, and then Trump, Obama..saying Trump gets blasted for everything, Obama got a pass for everything..which is stupid. Obama got pounded for many things..I mentioned the he could be my son and the police officer acted a little stupidly, which I think we all remember. I'm mentioning these relative to this argument because it led to this guy saying that the problem with black people having issues with being pulled over by police is because they all act rude and belligerent to the officers. Now, he assured me that he wasn't racist, 100 of 500 facebook friends were black afterall. This is just something he takes as fact. How willing is he to look into/contemplate that this might not be the case, and someone like Torrey Smith's vet Dad is nervous every time he gets pulled over?

This is a good post, and Im on board with 95% of it. Ill try and circle back to discuss later.

What I thought, Herbivore, I wrote. What you responded with isn't worth anyone's time, but I'm trying to give you a chance to actually contribute something.

So do it.

I don't want to Mensa. You so wildly missed the mark on my first comment, and then on almost every comment you made afterward, like comment #68, I would just find it annoying. agree to disagree. :dunno:

I don't want to Mensa. You so wildly missed the mark on my first comment, and then on almost every comment you made afterward, like comment #68, I would just find it annoying. agree to disagree. :dunno:

I'm not going to bother to guess what you mean when you don't say anything useful. People appear to want to discuss the issue, and then act askeered when I delve into it. You either want to discuss a topic or you don't. Why limit yourself to a 6th grade level of discussion?

He talks in circles and plays semantics all day long. Then wonders why everyone finds him too annoying to have a discussion with. Can you imagine him in real life! :doh:

He talks in circles and plays semantics all day long. Then wonders why everyone finds him too annoying to have a discussion with. Can you imagine him in real life! :doh:

You already imagine whatever you want. I don't talk in circles at all. You simply don't have the capacity to have any kind of an in-depth conversation.

You're a prog. You're all like that.

• Like 1

I like that. I don't know if it applies to a group very well. Or maybe I don't agree with the idea that zero plus being generally helpless to right their own ship could apply to a group. Within the argument though, sure all people should own their problems. The "black community" could do something to promote a better family culture, value education, some other things for sure. The "white community" could probably do a lot too. Even you, are you really struggling to understand? Seems more like you just won't accept anything other than saying there is some racism still in the country. Two weeks ago, I was in north Pittsburgh talking to a conservative at a Primanti Bros. Nice guy, engineer, we talked some football, he jumped into the Kaep stuff, and then Trump, Obama..saying Trump gets blasted for everything, Obama got a pass for everything..which is stupid. Obama got pounded for many things..I mentioned the he could be my son and the police officer acted a little stupidly, which I think we all remember. I'm mentioning these relative to this argument because it led to this guy saying that the problem with black people having issues with being pulled over by police is because they all act rude and belligerent to the officers. Now, he assured me that he wasn't racist, 100 of 500 facebook friends were black afterall. This is just something he takes as fact. How willing is he to look into/contemplate that this might not be the case, and someone like Torrey Smith's vet Dad is nervous every time he gets pulled over?

Enjoy the civil discussion. :cheers:

Please help me understand your comment: "Even you, are you really struggling to understand? Seems more like you just won't accept anything other than saying there is some racism still in the country. "

You already imagine whatever you want. I don't talk in circles at all. You simply don't have the capacity to have any kind of an in-depth conversation.

You're a prog. You're all like that.

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah exhausting

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah exhausting

We already know you can't even handle pamphlets, Newbie.

I'm not going to bother to guess what you mean when you don't say anything useful. People appear to want to discuss the issue, and then act askeered when I delve into it. You either want to discuss a topic or you don't. Why limit yourself to a 6th grade level of discussion?

End of the day here, I got a minute. One of the reason's I will not continue a back and forth with you.

There are no black people alive who have waited 110 years to attain equal rights, so that's a canard.

No one said this. This is you completely missing the point that was made, making some straw man argument. Its so focking dumb, I have no confidence that you will understand what is written.

and then

The second part of your statement seems to require perfection in order to expect proper societal function. That too is a canard.

Nope, not perfection, missing the point again.

• Like 1