Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

This years Dak...not stats, just out of nowhere QB

add Jacoby Brissett to the short list

could be starting in Indy by week 2

They're going to start a guy in week 2 who only started learning the offense a week and a half earlier?

They're going to start a guy in week 2 who only started learning the offense a week and a half earlier?

When your other option is Scott tolzien why not. Also as a study of the patriots playbook for 2 years going to Indy is like if I went back to 4th grade math

When your other option is Scott tolzien why not. Also as a study of the patriots playbook for 2 years going to Indy is like if I went back to 4th grade math

Honestly, don't know how old you are, but if you went back to 4th grade math, I bet you'd need a lot of time to adjust. Not because you don't know math, that's not an insult, but because the program is so different these days. Have you looked at how they teach math to kids? A homework exercise tells the kid to 'write out the number story' for this problem. What the fock is a 'number story'?

That's what I'm talking about--the language a team uses may be wildly different from the language another team uses. In two weeks, for a QB to be able to run an offense with any complexity at all, that's asking a lot. He's told to run a Punch X Deep Cross...does that mean the same thing for the Pats? Teams use all sorts of language to represent coverage, code words that are anything from college mascots to ice cream brands. The center yells out "Edy's Grand", and the QB with 2 weeks on the team has no idea what he's talking about. Is that the center noticing something about the linebackers? Or the D Line?

2 weeks is a lot to ask.

add Jacoby Brissett to the short list

could be starting in Indy by week 2

I'd just like to give credit where credit is due here. As my grandmother would have said, "Well shut my mouth!"

I'd just like to give credit where credit is due here. As my grandmother would have said, "Well shut my mouth!"

lol forgot about this call

just cause I made this call day 1 after he was acquired, I am adding him and starting him over Eli in 2QB league (I know not a huge stretch)

Honestly, don't know how old you are, but if you went back to 4th grade math, I bet you'd need a lot of time to adjust. Not because you don't know math, that's not an insult, but because the program is so different these days. Have you looked at how they teach math to kids? A homework exercise tells the kid to 'write out the number story' for this problem. What the fock is a 'number story'?

That's what I'm talking about--the language a team uses may be wildly different from the language another team uses. In two weeks, for a QB to be able to run an offense with any complexity at all, that's asking a lot. He's told to run a Punch X Deep Cross...does that mean the same thing for the Pats? Teams use all sorts of language to represent coverage, code words that are anything from college mascots to ice cream brands. The center yells out "Edy's Grand", and the QB with 2 weeks on the team has no idea what he's talking about. Is that the center noticing something about the linebackers? Or the D Line?

2 weeks is a lot to ask.

lol I just read this also, yes the way they try to teach kids math is straight garbage, I think its cause they want the girls to understand math more, while dumbing down the boys.

as for myself, I was a computer engineering major, and yah it was 25 years ago, but I did score an 800 on my math SAT, (sadly 490 on verbal)

I am teaching my son math the way I know it (hes 5 and home schooled) but already doing division and fractions the old fashioned way

SORRY for OT

• Like 1

what worries me about this, is that I'm not sure this is fair to Brisset.

I am reminded of the time this was done to Josh Freeman. You can blame a lot on Freeman, but I wont pin this one on him.

I know that he took A LOT of heat for that game, but in my mind it was courageous of him to step in with such little time to learn the offense. And all he got for it was that people crapped on him for that poor performance when the reality is that the blame should have been on the teams management.

I am not a fan of either player, but I played QB at a lower level so I at least have at least some insight into this, and I'm already predicting a weak game for Brisset and I'm telling all of you that most of it will not be his fault.

lol I just read this also, yes the way they try to teach kids math is straight garbage, I think its cause they want the girls to understand math more, while dumbing down the boys.

as for myself, I was a computer engineering major, and yah it was 25 years ago, but I did score an 800 on my math SAT, (sadly 490 on verbal)

I am teaching my son math the way I know it (hes 5 and home schooled) but already doing division and fractions the old fashioned way

SORRY for OT

No worries about the OT. I think there's a lot of room for good at-home instruction, too. Some teachers know what they are doing, others are just struggling to go by a game-plan they don't understand themselves.

what worries me about this, is that I'm not sure this is fair to Brisset.

I am reminded of the time this was done to Josh Freeman. You can blame a lot on Freeman, but I wont pin this one on him.

I know that he took A LOT of heat for that game, but in my mind it was courageous of him to step in with such little time to learn the offense. And all he got for it was that people crapped on him for that poor performance when the reality is that the blame should have been on the teams management.

I am not a fan of either player, but I played QB at a lower level so I at least have at least some insight into this, and I'm already predicting a weak game for Brisset and I'm telling all of you that most of it will not be his fault.

Yeah, I still think it's a bad move to start him this soon into the system too. Everything I said about it above I still believe--learning a system that fast is difficult. So if he plays, they'll be cutting the playbook down, simplifying everything. Maybe that'll help--throw it to your good players, Jacoby!

I think their playbook sucks anyways, even with Luck

they have 4 plays

give to RB

throw to TY

throw to Doyle

throw to Moncrief

RUN!

I think their playbook will be even smaller now. Hand off... or look to first read... then run. Brissett doesn't look like an NFL QB. He looks like Mike Vick. As soon as teams figured him out, it was all over. Brissett is no different.

I still think it's Watson.

This was the 4th post in and even OP allowed that Watson was one of the easy choices.

The thread put a lot of emphasis on the "out of nowhere" element of the contest, but I think an overlooked facet of the challenge is that the candidate would have also had to succeed on a very high "Dak Prescott level" and Watson certainly seems to be doing that. Wouldn't ya' know it'd turn out to be another QB from Texas who wears the number Four.

I gotta give it to Watson and Smith, but a bit of credit to Goff as well. Less out of nowhere, but still worth praise, is Wentz.

Jeff Fisher must monumentally suck as a coach though.

I gotta give it to Watson and Smith, but a bit of credit to Goff as well. Less out of nowhere, but still worth praise, is Wentz.

Jeff Fisher must monumentally suck as a coach though.

those are great choices, I was talking unknown rookies personally

wish I had some stocks of Watson myself

so looking around the league, last year, I tabbed Dak as the best rookie QB before the draft, I really liked him coming out of college, however nobody saw what he did coming at all.

This year I think that guy is CJ Bethard. Its easy to say Watson, Tribusky, even Mahomes (who I am really impressed by)

I think Bethard plays quite a bit this year, and performs pretty well.

This really isnt a fantasy thing though, just kinda putting it on paper

its beginning

He did have a good game.

Good call congrats.

I don't know that Savage is as bad as a lot of people are saying he is. The right game plan could see him putting up numbers.

It turns out he was worse than people were saying (says the genius 1 1/2 months later).

I am going with Brett Hundley even tho he isn't a rookie. I think he is going to out perform his expectation by a wide margin.