Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Convince me to own Jay Cutler

I will even start......the first half of the season he has the easiest schedule of any starting qb in the NFL.

Jets twice, Saints, Atl, Tenn. This week's game against Chargers is toughest.

Your turn.....convince me.

I don't think I dislike anyone enough to convince them to start Cutler.

On second thought, I'd probably try and convince Mobb to start him given the opportunity.

Tenn actually has a pretty good defense with a revamped secondary. I have Cutler as a b/u, but I'm not excited about it.

Tenn actually has a pretty good defense with a revamped secondary. I have Cutler as a b/u, but I'm not excited about it.

He plays the Chargers Sunday.

I have him as my #2 starter in a 2QB league (with Rivers), and I'm perfectly happy. Cutler's best season came with Gase as his OC. Cutler has a receiver in Landry who can catch everything. He has a guy in Parker who can get open deep and a quality RB. His corp this year isn't far off of Forte, Marshall, and Jeffery to wit he had in Chicago under Gase.

• Like 1

On second thought, I'd probably try and convince Mobb to start him given the opportunity.

Not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me, but if that makes you feel better. I learned all about projection in psych 101.

Not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me, but if that makes you feel better. I learned all about projection in psych 101.

Don't let him get to you and don't you worry. I'd veto it if he convinced you to pick Cutler up anyway.

So given the opportunity you'd veto my comment?... Don't take it personal just messing with you after that veto thread that won't die.

She's very beautiful, but too skinny. I like curves.

She's okay. She's very hollywood pretty. There are dozens and dozens of women who look more or less like her walking through the production studios in Hollywood. Pretty, but fairly cookie cutter. Not cookie cutler. Cutter.

Tennis, if you really want me to convince you to own Jay Cutler, I'll need a brick and two quarts of cheat scotch.

• Like 1

If you guys really see chicks hotter than her every day and your own wife is far hotter...

then, congratulations, you may be eligible to join the Geek Club.

Start a thread over there with your application and we will strongly consider it :thumbsup:

I will even start......the first half of the season he has the easiest schedule of any starting qb in the NFL.

Jets twice, Saints, Atl, Tenn. This week's game against Chargers is toughest.

Your turn.....convince me.

I do like the schedule.

but the problem with this is that you may be inclined to look at his results and start him in the second half.

the reality is.... it's a trap.

In a league when you start only 1 QB he's a low end starter or high end backup. At least he is for most of these games.... I'd still be scared to start him.

• Like 1

These hollywood women are all plastic and make-up. I was going to a training class one morning and stopped to get gas on the way. 2 pumps over i see this girl who looks familiar. My first thought was "man, the dude driving is a DOOOOSH because he's making his girl pump the gas". Then I realize the dude is Tony Parker of the Spurs, and the girl is Eva Longoria. I take a real good look at her and realize, she's really focking ugly. You see her in the morning without a fleet of Hollywood make-up magicians and man...

Local sports guy tells the story about superbowl party he was at with Rebecca Romiin-Stamos. Same thing, he said he could barely look at her because she looked NOTHING like he was expecting in the movies.

So, yes, my wife is way hotter than those and Cavalari. :cheers:

And stay away from Cutler...things cannot be that desperate...step away from the ledge...

I do like the schedule.

but the problem with this is that you may be inclined to look at his results and start him in the second half.

the reality is.... it's a trap.

In a league when you start only 1 QB he's a low end starter or high end backup. At least he is for most of these games.... I'd still be scared to start him.

I'm just looking for a guy who I can plug in if he has the right match up in the FIRST half of the season. I look at FF mostly being two halves. The second half can be much different because of injuries, so right now, focusing on the first half you won't find a qb with a better schedule than this one. However, we all know Cutler can be frustrating. Maybe this new HC in Miami, who got the most out of him in Chicago, knows how to maximize Cutler's natural abilities, and he does have some outstanding natural abilities. I don't know......that's why I threw this out there to read gentlemen who are much more astute than I am evaluating players to read their thoughts.

If he is at worst Ryan Tannehill from last year and plays all 16 games (which Tanny didn't) he's good for

3680yds (230/gm)

23 TDs (1.4/gm)

15 INTs (.9/gm)

which in a standard scoring league is like 18pts/gm. In my league that would've made him the #15 QB this past week, and better than Cousins, Palmer, Flacco, Wilson, Brady & Eli. Obviously guys have down weeks and it's not a clean comparison, but I'll still throw it out there. (Much like Cutler does)

[edit -- Incidentally, Cutler's numbers under Gase in 2015?

3659yds (243/gm)

21 TDs (1.4/gm)

11 INTs (.8/gm)

or about 19pts/gm in 15 games]

I happen to think he'll be better than Tanny, but he's gonna need help from Ajayi and his Oline to keep him in the pocket, where he's a very good passer. Ajayi isn't the safety valve out of the backfield that Forte was, so I see Thomas as a huge beneficiary from Cutler, who loves to throw to big targets, and either Landry or Parker -- whoever proves more dependable.

So...do you buy on him? Eh, the thing is I think we've seen Cutler's best and it's pretty middle of the pack -- QB12 to 15 most weeks, and a good spot play at times, but there are guys with more upside to roll the dice on.

If you guys really see chicks hotter than her every day and your own wife is far hotter...

then, congratulations, you may be eligible to join the Geek Club.

Start a thread over there with your application and we will strongly consider it :thumbsup:

I ain't posting no pictures, man!

These hollywood women are all plastic and make-up. I was going to a training class one morning and stopped to get gas on the way. 2 pumps over i see this girl who looks familiar. My first thought was "man, the dude driving is a DOOOOSH because he's making his girl pump the gas". Then I realize the dude is Tony Parker of the Spurs, and the girl is Eva Longoria. I take a real good look at her and realize, she's really focking ugly. You see her in the morning without a fleet of Hollywood make-up magicians and man...

Local sports guy tells the story about superbowl party he was at with Rebecca Romiin-Stamos. Same thing, he said he could barely look at her because she looked NOTHING like he was expecting in the movies.

So, yes, my wife is way hotter than those and Cavalari. :cheers:

And stay away from Cutler...things cannot be that desperate...step away from the ledge...

I'm a believer that, a lot of times, people end up with a partner of equivalent attractiveness. I think that holds with Cutler and Cavallari. She's as good looking a woman as Jay Cutler is a guy. Both are fit, with fairly average faces. Average meaning you see people who look like them all the time. You just don't see them on the red carpet or in blingy dresses, so people don't stop and say "Wow!"

As far as football goes, Cutler will be about as good as he's ever been. No real change for him going to Miami

I'm just looking for a guy who I can plug in if he has the right match up in the FIRST half of the season. I look at FF mostly being two halves. The second half can be much different because of injuries, so right now, focusing on the first half you won't find a qb with a better schedule than this one. However, we all know Cutler can be frustrating. Maybe this new HC in Miami, who got the most out of him in Chicago, knows how to maximize Cutler's natural abilities, and he does have some outstanding natural abilities. I don't know......that's why I threw this out there to read gentlemen who are much more astute than I am evaluating players to read their thoughts.

He's an adequate fill in. I personally think Sam Bradford (if he is on your wire) is a better alternative. But in a QB deep league, he's an adequate fill in

He's an adequate fill in. I personally think Sam Bradford (if he is on your wire) is a better alternative. But in a QB deep league, he's an adequate fill in

I don't know about that. I think Cutler could finish in the top 12. I am pretty confident that Bradford finishes outside of the top 15.