• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 JackARoot

JackARoot

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,613 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'd say 95% chance he did not have those intentions. 

So if your 95% sure he didn't have the requisite intent, that should be reasonable doubt as a juror right?

#122 BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

They should let him go for cornhole already served. 

#123 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,848 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I dunno. This kid hasn't done anything worse than phillybear does. And nobody, I hope, wants to see phillybear locked up.

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close. ~me

#124 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

This was a stupid kid saying something really dumb.  yes there could be and likely is more to it -- but based on the little we know here it is exactly that.    Going by this criteria Phillybear,Swerski,Meph,Gutter,etc.  would be serving life sentences for things they have posted here.   Unless this guy put on facebook some elaborate plan to go to a school and kill a bunch of kids , posted details , and made actions like he was really going to follow up on it -- then any punishment other than a small fine is crazy.

Don't we have to consider the kid's race? I mean, we all can agree most mass shooting are perpetrated by disgruntled Whites. So his likelihood of guilt is pretty high. I'm no racist, mind you, just pointing out some unpleasant statistical truths - those guys are born to shoot up schools.

#125 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

While you may or may not be joking, you realize these are pretty much the equivalent threats for each race, right?

Black - Threaten to smoke someone in a drive by

Muslim - Threaten to blow up people

White - Threaten a school shooting or mass shooting

I'm not really arguing about this kid per say, because I don't know enough case details. But in concept, don't just laugh off the white kid as joking around, simply because we know lots of white kids that joke around. I'm sure if I was Muslim, I'd know Muslims that make jokes.

Oops, missed this race-baiting post.

#126 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

They should let him go for cornhole already served. 

I'm guessing when he gets out the first thing he does is deletes his facebook account. 

Go Habs Go!

2013 FFToday Geek Survival Football Champion

2013, 2011 FFToday Geek NCAA Basketball Tournament Hat Champion

#127 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,003 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I wonder what the free speechers would be saying had the police looked at his remarks, ignored them, then the next week the kid killed 15 five year olds.

:dunno:

I'm glad he was arrested. I just skimmed the story, but I assume he has been investigated since? If he has access to any weapons he needs to spend a couple years in jail. If he doesn't, then less time in jail.

Arrested? Sure. Thoroughly investigated? Yep. Sent to a thousand hours of if community service, and a large fine? Yep.

Imprisoned for months and have his life ruined? No. That's to much. He just a focking kid. Who among us didn't say and do dumb sh!t as a kid?

#128 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,702 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Don't we have to consider the kid's race? I mean, we all can agree most mass shooting are perpetrated by disgruntled Whites. So his likelihood of guilt is pretty high. I'm no racist, mind you, just pointing out some unpleasant statistical truths - those guys are born to shoot up schools.

Having fun with your race baiting, I'll point out that Bayes theorem dictates that your statistical analysis is a phayle, because the probability of a mass school shooting is extremely low.  :wave:

"I wouldnt even consider sitting out, I love pedo threads." -- tanatastic

#129 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,142 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Arrested? Sure. Thoroughly investigated? Yep. Sent to a thousand hours of if community service, and a large fine? Yep.

Imprisoned for months and have his life ruined? No. That's to much. He just a focking kid. Who among us didn't say and do dumb sh!t as a kid?

Police: "he's an idiot kid who said something idiotic on the internet." That's all that should have happened.

If I'm the parents I'm trolling the ###### out of the internet and asking why the rest of the morons aren't being arrested then suing the pants of the county.

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#130 Savage Beast

Savage Beast

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Why should he be arrested? :dunno:

I don't think the kid named any existing schools in his rant? The kid being investigated is what should have taken place. Did the kid even have access to any firearms in his home, etc..............? How is he going to shoot up schools without access to guns for example?

#131 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Having fun with your race baiting, I'll point out that Bayes theorem dictates that your statistical analysis is a phayle, because the probability of a mass school shooting is extremely low.  :wave:

Appropriate use of probability has never factored into the board's racist rants, so why should my baiting be held to a higher standard?

#132 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

So stupid to jail this kid. At most you dispatch the cops to his house and scare the sh!t out of him.

#133 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

So stupid to jail this kid. At most you dispatch the cops to his house and scare the sh!t out of him.

I agree because he is white. :thumbsup:
I like steak

#134 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

You're sure you're a libertarian?  I mean SURE sure?

tiki a libertarian?? God no! :lol:

He just thinks it makes him sound smart to call himself one.

#135 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Excellent satire :thumbsup:

#136 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

tiki a libertarian?? God no! :lol:

He just thinks it makes him sound smart to call himself one.

sometimes I call myself a lawyer so I can fit in with the cool kids

Go Habs Go!

#137 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

sometimes I call myself a lawyer so I can fit in with the cool kids

So you're basically claiming "it takes one to know one." What are we, 10?

#138 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

So you're basically claiming "it takes one to know one." What are we, 10?

I wanted to be the fake lawyer but you already laid claim to it. 

Go Habs Go!

#139 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I wanted to be the fake lawyer but you already laid claim to it. 

Well I guess fake Libertarian was a decent compromise :thumbsup:

#140 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well I guess fake Libertarian was a decent compromise :thumbsup:

Or real libertarian but I'm glad you take an interest in me either way. It's kinda hot.  :wub:

Go Habs Go!

#141 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Or real libertarian but I'm glad you take an interest in me either way. It's kinda hot.  :wub:

Do real libertarians often think people should be thrown in jail solely based on a Facebook post? That kinda seems to go against the whole personal liberties thing to me. :dunno:

Phurfur is more believable as a libertarian :lol:

#142 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

Do real libertarians often think people should be thrown in jail solely based on a Facebook post? That kinda seems to go against the whole personal liberties thing to me. :dunno:

Phurfur is more believable as a libertarian :lol:

Clearly you haven't read the whole thread. It's pretty typical of you, hence the reason you're the left wing punching bag of fartfur and recliner pilot. 

Carry on. 

Go Habs Go!

#143 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,961 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

I like this judge. 

Texas justice > Massachusetts justice 

I read that.

And I don't believe your follow up post. Got caught in a contradiction so you tried to weasel your way out

#144 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

I read that.

And I don't believe your follow up post. Got caught in a contradiction so you tried to weasel your way out

Well played, Matlock. I'm not sure how the Geek Board survived all those years before you graced us with your deductive reasoning. 

Go Habs Go!

#145 The Moz

The Moz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 29,101 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Appropriate use of probability has never factored into the board's racist rants, so why should my baiting be held to a higher standard?

So you want to turn this into a race thing?   In my insensitive race ranting :ninja:  I have always used probability according to the statistics - so saying that never factored into it your being an idiot.   But if you want to play the white thing - okay.  If the kid was white , had a abundance of army surplus stuff , was known to have a abundance of weapons either with him or in his home -- then yes i am concerned and it should be checked out.   Whites - more prone to elaborate mass killing sprees   Blacks - more prone to just going off on a mother focker for lack of a better phrase.   Though the mass killings by white happen FAR!!!!!!!!!!!! less.

#146 The Moz

The Moz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 29,101 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

I agree because he is white. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's been said before - just asking are you black?

#147 shorepatrol

shorepatrol

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you are standing in between the monkey bars with a bazooka right outside the cafeteria doors, maybe.

If you are playing video games and talking sh!t, of course not. Common sense.

:thumbsup:  Pretty simple really

#148 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Maybe it's been said before - just asking are you black?

I'm extremely Caucasian.

I find racist jokes funny, and am ok with profiling to a certain extent. And I acknowledge all the crime stats and how they break down as it pertains to race.

But I still think equivalent actions should be treated equally. And while maybe it's not a conscious thought by people here, I suspect that certain views on how to handle this college aged person's threats to kill kindergartners would be different if he were a 20 year old black guy or a Muslim at some University.

And if that's the case, I understand the natural inclination to think that way. I may even be guilty of it on initial emotional reaction. But I at least make an attempt to think these processes through.
-----
And for the record again, I don't think the 19 year old should be charged with a felony or spend serious time in jail, assuming he was checked out and it's 100% clear that he was saying it for shock value/as a joke.

But if I was a FB friend of the guys, yet didn't know him well enough to know it was a joke, and knew he lived 100 yards away from my daughter's school, I'd not only be dialing 911 but I'd also be in my car driving 100 mph and running every intersection along the way. Wouldn't any father?
I like steak

#149 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 58,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

But if I was a FB friend of the guys, yet didn't know him well enough to know it was a joke, and knew he lived 100 yards away from my daughter's school, I'd not only be dialing 911 but I'd also be in my car driving 100 mph and running every intersection along the way. Wouldn't any father?

The irony is, he'd probably run over and kill one of the school kids whilst blowing through the intersection to 'save' the children from some BS post. :doh:

Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#150 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

The irony is, he'd probably run over and kill one of the school kids whilst blowing through the intersection to 'save' the children from some BS post. :doh:

Tis one of my points.
I like steak

#151 Recliner Pilot

Recliner Pilot

FF Geek

• Members
  • 48,134 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Only the blithering idiot fathers like you.

Obama really inherited a mess for his second term. 

#152 Phurfur

Phurfur

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,849 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

:thumbsup: A scared population is easier to control. MK-Ultra

#153 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 58,834 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

:thumbsup: A scared population is easier to control. MK-Ultra

You are the most scared person on this site.   Everything is a conspiracy.  Everything is a government ploy.   Everything is an attempt to take away your freedoms......

You are trembling old pussie.  MK Ultra, my ass!

Mine is small, but the head spins.

#154 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,229 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Only the blithering idiot fathers like you.

Not really...if someone was making threats like that on FB and lived near my kid's school...I would certainly be ready to pull my kids out until the guy is fully investigated.

#155 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

You are the most scared person on this site.   Everything is a conspiracy.  Everything is a government ploy.   Everything is an attempt to take away your freedoms......

You are trembling old pussie.  MK Ultra, my ass!

:doublethumbsup:

Newbie just won this thread

Go Habs Go!

#156 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 58,834 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Not really...if someone was making threats like that on FB and lived near my kid's school...I would certainly be ready to pull my kids out until the guy is fully investigated.

RP doesn't even bother going to his daughter's rodeos because "it's too far to drive for an event that only lasts a few seconds".  Do you think he'd even care?    Can you imagine not going to your kid's sporting events?       I bet she wished she had taken up cross country or something.  Maybe daddy would have hopped in his car to watch that.

Mine is small, but the head spins.

#157 tikigods

tikigods

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,674 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

RP doesn't even bother going to his daughter's rodeos because "it's too far to drive for an event that only lasts a few seconds". 

Sounds like when I have sex with her.  :bench:

Go Habs Go!

#158 Recliner Pilot

Recliner Pilot

FF Geek

• Members
  • 48,134 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

If, like CBF, you would drive 100 MPH thru every intersection along the way you are a blithering idiot.

Obama really inherited a mess for his second term. 

#159 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

If, like CBF, you would drive 100 MPH thru every intersection along the way you are a blithering idiot.

Actually my car may not reach 100 MPH. But I would be speeding, sure.

What would your reaction be if someone said they were planning to kill some kids and you knew your kid's class was closer to him than anyone else's?
I like steak

#160 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,229 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

If you believed he was being serious and not exaggerating about the 100mph and running every intersection like that...you are an idiot.

Cancel that...you are an idiot anyway.