Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

I taunted the fantasy gods...how do I reverse the curse?!

4 weeks ago I was 6-1, favored to beat my opponent, and had the easiest schedule littered with teams with bad records. I jokingly posted that after I beat my opponent that week I was going to run the table to the championship. Four weeks later I'm on my 4th straight loss by 1.1, 1.9, 2.7 and now 6.7 pts and my playoff spot is now in jeopardy.

So the question is: How do I satisfy the fantasy gods to remove their wrath and reverse this curse?!

:dunno:

you cannot. you are pooched.

Just make sure you keep your best lineup and try not to change up too much. And give credit to luck.

As a team owner who lost DJ, Zeke, Dalvin Cook, Jones and Edelmen, then gone from Winston to Jay in QBs. Sometime you just have to remain calm and don't over react too much. Yet, I am still highest points in that league. But fantasy god still F with me by making me facing top opponent every week. I was highest points and rank 11 at one point.

I am fighting and clawing my way into the playoff knowing it's even more luck reliance during playoff.

Gonna need to do the same thing man! 7-0, top points in the league to 7-4. I've lost 4 in a row too. From the 1st seed to the 5th.

4 weeks ago I was 6-1, favored to beat my opponent, and had the easiest schedule littered with teams with bad records. I jokingly posted that after I beat my opponent that week I was going to run the table to the championship. Four weeks later I'm on my 4th straight loss by 1.1, 1.9, 2.7 and now 6.7 pts and my playoff spot is now in jeopardy.

So the question is: How do I satisfy the fantasy gods to remove their wrath and reverse this curse?!

Who does this? :nono:

You must await completion of this fantasy cycle. Prepare for 2018 and never brag again.

Your penance is to spend this coming Saturday answering question in the 'A Little Help' board.

About ~ 15 should do it.

Why be so cruel to the poor people on the help board? I mean really who want advice from someone on a 4 game losing streak. Just kidding. I'm feeling the same way, not quite as bad as your story. I foolishly felt too confident too soon and started to pick up a defense to start week 14 and 15. Now I'm riding a 2 game loss streak and the Bills have given up nearly 100 pts the last two week. One week at a time folks.

Deal with your winnings with more of a humble heart.

The Lord doesn't like pride, and that's why the word says it leads to destruction.

Not sure, but if you find out let me know. Over the past month I've lost out on three wins by a combined three points, and I'm the highest scoring team by a decent margin.

Reap what you have sown this year. Next year change from within and reflect it in your team name to expose the truth of the lowly person you are at this time and grow from it. Lessons can be tough in life dude.

Your penance is to spend this coming Saturday answering question in the 'A Little Help' board.

About ~ 15 should do it.

I'll address this one independently...uh, I was hoping you'd tell me to sacrifice a chicken, give my socks to a homeless person or something like that. I'd rather continue to have the fantasy squirts than have to man the Little Help bored!

To the rest of you. Yes, my hubris started this. My injury is one of ignorance and pride. It's so bad that the 3-7 team in that work league, who knows NOTHING about Fantasy Football and had his team drafted by AutoDraft, unexpectedly benched his regular defense this week right before the games started in favor of...wait for it...wait for it...Chargers of Los Angeles. That focking change was a 19 point swing. 2 TD's, 5 INT's and a fumble.

FANTASY GODS...I AM SORRY...I MEANT NO DISREPECT!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY ARROGANCE AND HUBRIS!!! I ASK JOBU TO COME, TAKE FEAR FROM TEAM...I OFFER JOBU CIGARS AND RUM!!!

About ~ 15 should do it.

10 Who should I starts and 5 Who won this trades.

Who does this? :nono:

You must await completion of this fantasy cycle. Prepare for 2018 and never brag again.

This.

There is no reversal.

On to 2018

I posted on my teams board a month prior to the season starting that I was going to win this year. I am 2 - 7 about to be 2 - 8.

Curtail your hubris. Disqualify your pride. Be gracious and honorable in all fantasy football endeavors. At some point, you'll be forgiven.

If that's too much, master time travel, go back in time, and don't make that comment about running the table. Either one.

There is no curse. You stopped talking smack and bore the Gods.

Expect a miracle.

I did the same, somehow I am still fighting for a playoff spot

coming into the year, I was talking after going 15-1 last year in this league, about how I am going to run the table this year

I am no 1 in points by over 200, and have been outscored by my opponents by 150. My points against going into this week, was 1744, next highest in the league was 1513. This week I posted 179 good for 2nd highest in the league and lost to a guy who was projected at 132 that scored 184

You've humbled yourself in front of this board. You're good.

Go to the Little help board and answer 10 threads as pennance.

The gods are punishing you not for your hubris, but because your trash talk was of such low quality.... Im going to run the table.??? Where is the color? Where is the exposition? Where are the analogies to Achilles slitting the throats of 11 women of children? You should be ashamed.

You must have got them mad at me too.

I lost 138.3 to 138.2. One of my two leagues I am in. Got killed in other)

Tevin Coleman got 7 yards at the end to beat me. My Julio Jones only got me 12.something.

The answer is to go all in with even more trash talk. Be a shining, unapologetic beacon of misplaced arrogance. Fantasy gods will reward your moxie.

DAMNNNNNN!!!! You guys are bringing it.

You have to sacrifice your best player to the WW.

Does it count if I sacrificed 2 good players for one that is on suspension for the rest of the season and can't help me?

Curtail your hubris. Disqualify your pride. Be gracious and honorable in all fantasy football endeavors. At some point, you'll be forgiven.

If that's too much, master time travel, go back in time, and don't make that comment about running the table. Either one.

My hubris is pretty much like North Korea...It's completely out of control and bordering on maniacal. I'm the Kim Jong Un of fantasy football so option one may not work. Option 2 is much more probable.

There is no curse. You stopped talking smack and bore the Gods.

Expect a miracle.

close...

Thats some harsh smiting. Nothing you can do but beg and weep.

Like being married?

The gods are punishing you not for your hubris, but because your trash talk was of such low quality.... Im going to run the table.??? Where is the color? Where is the exposition? Where are the analogies to Achilles slitting the throats of 11 women of children? You should be ashamed.

closer still...

Reverse with a reverse reverse mojo. It's the only way out. You're welcome!

done tried this one...

Quit fantasy football and stop rooting for the Steelers...

oh hell no :nono: :overhead:

The answer is to go all in with even more trash talk. Be a shining, unapologetic beacon of misplaced arrogance. Fantasy gods will reward your moxie.

BINGO!!! We have a fockin' winnah!!!! If I'm going out, I'm going out swinging, spitting and pissing my own pants! I think it's time to be a beacon of unholy trash talking.

I SAY FOCK YOU JOBU...I DO IT MYSELF!!!

Not sure, but if you find out let me know. Over the past month I've lost out on three wins by a combined three points, and I'm the highest scoring team by a decent margin.

Make that 4 games in 5 weeks losing by 1. In my 10+ years of fantasy can I remember such an aggravating stretch. :doh:

At this point, were going to need the names of the players on this roster youre referring to. Trades need to be made! Haha!

"Dark Knight Rises" has a great quote for this exact scenario: "Victory has defeated you."

You got complacent with your team. Happens all the time. Most people who start off strong end up faltering at the end because they don't make any changes to their roster. I know im guilty of it and its normal. So while you sat back with your team at 6-1 those "cr@p" teams were picking up guys who had one or two good games in a row only to become monster players. In my experience starting off really strong is the worse thing that can happen to a team overall.

You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

I'll address this one independently...uh, I was hoping you'd tell me to sacrifice a chicken, give my socks to a homeless person or something like that. I'd rather continue to have the fantasy squirts than have to man the Little Help bored!

To the rest of you. Yes, my hubris started this. My injury is one of ignorance and pride. It's so bad that the 3-7 team in that work league, who knows NOTHING about Fantasy Football and had his team drafted by AutoDraft, unexpectedly benched his regular defense this week right before the games started in favor of...wait for it...wait for it...Chargers of Los Angeles. That focking change was a 19 point swing. 2 TD's, 5 INT's and a fumble.

FANTASY GODS...I AM SORRY...I MEANT NO DISREPECT!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY ARROGANCE AND HUBRIS!!! I ASK JOBU TO COME, TAKE FEAR FROM TEAM...I OFFER JOBU CIGARS AND RUM!!!

"Dark Knight Rises" has a great quote for this exact scenario: "Victory has defeated you."

You got complacent with your team. Happens all the time. Most people who start off strong end up faltering at the end because they don't make any changes to their roster. I know im guilty of it and its normal. So while you sat back with your team at 6-1 those "cr@p" teams were picking up guys who had one or two good games in a row only to become monster players. In my experience starting off really strong is the worse thing that can happen to a team overall.

Agreed.

I constantly argue with folks that early injuries and busts are much better than the late ones. This is right around the time where the wrong rolled ankle can knock your team out of contention almost immediately.

Last year, Green went out and changed my fortunes dramatically. Then, the week 14 Gordon injury eliminated me twice. Horrible.

This year, I lost Cook, hit the wire, swung a bunch of trades, and my team is obviously better than the one I drafted now. Well see how it ends.