Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Jake Kumerow - WR - GB

Alright, boys.....time for your deep sleeper WR that actually has a chance. Here is why:

1. Fantastic camp. Players have been raving about him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/jake-kumerow-green-bay-packers-training-camp/925229002/

2. Fantastic preseason. 6/190/2 in 2 preseason games.

3. Great size and adequate speed/quickness - 6'4" 209. 4.52 40 yard dash (Jordy was 4.51)

4. Void left with Jordy's departure - Not many overly excited about Cobb or Geronimo (although a cool name to holler out)

5. Pro football lineage - His dad, Eric Kumerow, and uncle, John Bosa, were both 1st rounders in the 80's....and cousin is Joey Bosa with Chargers. Also has another cousin, Nick Bosa, who is expected to be a high 1st rounder next year if he leaves Ohio State early.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2018/08/18/packer-nation-is-buzzing-about-jake-kumerow/#3af1968b4059

6. Has earned Rodgers trust - This one can't be overstated.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/packers-wr-jake-kumerow-has-earned-aaron-rodgers-trust/

There he is, fellers....yours for the takin'.....and he's FREE.

(note) He did receive a slight SC shoulder joint sprain last week, but is expected to be okay for start of regular season.

Has had an outstanding summer outperforming all of the drafted rookies (you know all those guys Rodgers called out recently). Rodgers obviously likes him as evidenced by Kumerow being praised by Rodgers (while he called out the rooks) and his wild celebrations on the sideline when Kumerow got a TD in the first game. I think he absolutely should make the team. The real question is can he overtake Geronimo Allison as the 3rd WR? If he can, he absolutely is worth a shot in fantasy. If not, he is at best the 5th option on this team.

Drafts are getting into full swing.

Great last round flier, guys....

Does/can Kumerow play in the slot? I ask because of the Cobb trade rumors. Yes Ian Rappaport has denied the Packers are looking to move him but where there is smoke there is fire and I wouldn't be completely shocked if Cobb is one of those surprise cuts. Between drafting three WRs and Kumerow, someone is going to be the odd man out. Let's just say Adams and Graham are set in their roles. Who becomes the third option? Cobb, Geronimo, Kumerow?! One of these players will represent a tremendous value, tough figuring out which one though.

Yep, read that earlier....placed on IR.

Can return after 8 weeks, if GB wants to bring him up. Unfortunate for him and for those of us who were on him as a sleeper. Good guy to keep on WW speed dial if we hear he'll be back mid-season.

Kumerow is a dumbass. Might have blown his one opportunity to be relevant in the NFL. Maybe he comes back from it, maybe he doesn't. What is wrong with these guys? Did they not get any intelligence along the way in their life? Like more than zero at least?

FYI: Activated from IR

Jake Kumerow (shoulder) returned to practice on Wednesday.

Kumerow was placed on I.R. with a shoulder injury prior to Week 1. A preseason standout this summer, Kumerow could be activated for Sunday's game in Minnesota. With Geronimo Allison (core) out for the year and Randall Cobb (hamstring) also banged up, Green Bay's pass-catching corps could certainly use another healthy body.

Respectfully, let it go man.

I know you want to be right, but no one is starting this guy this week. MVS is the guy to start.

Respectfully, it ain't about being right....just a heads-up for my home boys. (are you my homie?)

I don't think anyone believes that he is gonna be a league-winner, and I wouldn't dream of starting him this weekend, as he may not even see the field. However, I may look to add him next week just in case, by chance, he actually is what he seemed to be in preseason.....a guy who could get loose down the field and reel in the Rodger's bombs. That offense needs something. Adams is a stud, but can't carry the entire air attack alone. Graham is compromised, Geronimo gone for the year, Cobb can't get healthy, and the 2 rooks just haven't been getting it done....and time is running out for the Packs.

Respectfully, it ain't about being right....just a heads-up for my home boys. (are you my homie?)

Okay, lets have an adult conversation. Why do you like Kumerow moreover MVS?

I for one am a fan of MVS and think he is big-play performer that can get it done now and in the near future. Id like to see more targets. Can he not separate? Is ARod banging Adams sister? I have MVS in two of three leagues, and am starting him in one this week (12) I dont get down on this guy, because he doesnt make the experts unrealistic rookie expectations.

Also OP, stand behind what you originally said. Earlier post, you named players on IR, or currently injured... suggesting your guy Kumerow is the play now or in the immediate future. Were running out of weeks here. You starting him now or never? I want to know when, and then we can discuss results.

So many Gurus on this forum throw out random names, and hope they stick. Do you stand behind it? Do you play them?

Ie) Hayden Hurst, Jaylen Samuels, Dede Westbrook... STFU.

OP, your boy Baker Mayfield has a nice match up this week... you starting him?

Following up with threads from the summer is always convient when one hits the occasional bullseye.

Okay, lets have an adult conversation. Why do you like Kumerow moreover MVS?

I for one am a fan of MVS and think he is big-play performer that can get it done now and in the near future. Id like to see more targets. Can he not separate? Is ARod banging Adams sister? I have MVS in two of three leagues, and am starting him in one this week (12) I dont get down on this guy, because he doesnt make the experts unrealistic rookie expectations.

Also OP, stand behind what you originally said. Earlier post, you named players on IR, or currently injured... suggesting your guy Kumerow is the play now or in the immediate future. Were running out of weeks here. You starting him now or never? I want to know when, and then we can discuss results.

So many Gurus on this forum throw out random names, and hope they stick. Do you stand behind it? Do you play them?

Ie) Hayden Hurst, Jaylen Samuels, Dede Westbrook... STFU.

OP, your boy Baker Mayfield has a nice match up this week... you starting him?

Following up with threads from the summer is always convient when one hits the occasional bullseye.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am starting MSV in one league this week. I am starting Kumerow in none. Rookie WR's are wildly inconsistent, as a rule of thumb. I am starting Mayfield in 3 leagues this week. I miss on a lot of guys (newsflash!). I have no idea if Kumerow will hit or not, but liked what I saw in preseason and the connection he seemed to have with Rodgers. I am adding him for a possible play during the FF playoffs. I base my judgements mostly off my gut based on 19 years of playing FF......and what I see with my eyes, as an ex football player. I win quite a bit, but lose horribly sometimes. I recommended drafting David Johnson his first year in the league (go back to Guru's original draft thread about DJ if you require confirmation). I also thought Joe Williams would hit big. I started Tre'Quan in 4 leagues last week, and recommended the possibility in a thread here last week. I also started John Brown in 3 leagues last week. See what I mean?

I consider Kumerow a speculative add with upside for those expecting to be in the FF playoffs.

(You never said whether or not you were my homie?)

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving

(You never said whether or not you were my homie?)

I only challenge the people I respect, or like.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

I guess he’s no homie

5 snaps last week, and 2 targets (1 catch for 11 yards).

With the Pack outta the hunt, maybe they see what they have in this guy. Maybe not.

Excellent cheap play in the dailies. Kumerow and Rodgers are in for a big day vs Atlanta now that Rodgers will be calling the plays.

LOL....and he finally comes through in week 16, as a free agent in the waiver pool.

Actually thought about grabbing him as my WR3 when I heard Cobb was out.....but just too darned risky!

Finally healthy and getting another opportunity with Adams hurt. Would take a lot of nads to fire him up this week, but could pay.

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Kumerow sighting.

Coming back to haunt me, lol.

Stealing from my man Diggs