Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Where will Drew Brees be playing next season? Will the Saints pony up the dough again?

How can they not?

Is Chase Daniel the answer?

I think they will, again how can they not.

I think they will, again how can they not.

Especially if they win the Bowl this year. He'd have them by the balls Flacco style.

2 years, $30M.

That low, really.

I was thinking more like 3 years, 65 million. 2 years at 40 mil, and an option 3rd for 25 mil.

He's a pretty big union guy. I don't think he would under market himself.

That low, really.

I was thinking more like 3 years, 65 million. 2 years at 40 mil, and an option 3rd for 25 mil.

He's a pretty big union guy. I don't think he would under market himself.

The Saints are a much better team than they have ever been. Brees' value, while great, isn't as great as it once was. 2/30 is on the low side, but isn't ridiculous for a 39 year old QB.

Especially if they win the Bowl this year. He'd have them by the balls Flacco style.

Lol right.

Too bad he's 1 and 5 on the road in the playoffs and will lose this week.

Like the Saints vs the Vikings

His recent playoff record doesn't mean much. There are plenty of QB needy teams that will be interested if NO tries to lowball Brees.

Wouldn't the Saints need to have a replacement for Brees before they let him go? Seems like a huge mistake letting him go.

As long as Sean Payton is the HC I can see Brees getting a 2 year contract. I also do not think Brees will command top market money and would play for the Saints at a discount. He means a lot to the city. 2yr / 41 mil contract with 7 mil put as a signing bonus each of the 2 years, same contract as Brady has.

Agreed.

If Brees does indeed stays he would want too give the team the room too add more weapons.

The Saints are a much better team than they have ever been. Brees' value, while great, isn't as great as it once was. 2/30 is on the low side, but isn't ridiculous for a 39 year old QB.

2 years, 50 mil. 27 mil guaranteed

Like I said. He's a union guy.

Hall of Famer, Saints.

I agree. Brees retiring as a Saint is also the way it should be.

Drafted in 2001, first pick in the second round, number 2 QB off the board behind Michael Vick at 1 over-all, and currently only LaDainian Tomlinson as HOF at 5 over-all. Gotta believe Reggie Wayne will be a shoe in from same year.

As a Vikings fan who wished at that time Vikes had made a move for Brees (but McCombs area were cheap as ships).

Saw him as fitting only a 2 year deal, with our current state of QB contracts and draft position. Didn't honestly think it was best fit for us now.

Point being.

Shoe Drop

Was all expecting the Saints to have been silently and covertly to have landed Cousins

Now would that not have been something.

Then would Brees have landed in Minnesota or Phoenix

Could have been a disastrous change of events for the Vikings (whom I think wrongly played Case Keenum last season)

Saints future and question is do they have their heir apparent on staff?

As a Vikings fan who wished at that time Vikes had made a move for Brees (but McCombs area were cheap as ships).

Saw him as fitting only a 2 year deal, with our current state of QB contracts and draft position. Didn't honestly think it was best fit for us now.

Point being.

Shoe Drop

Was all expecting the Saints to have been silently and covertly to have landed Cousins

Now would that not have been something.

Then would Brees have landed in Minnesota or Phoenix

Could have been a disastrous change of events for the Vikings (whom I think wrongly played Case Keenum last season)

Saints future and question is do they have their heir apparent on staff?

No, they dont. The only real QB that Payton has developed besides Brees is Chase Daniel, who of course has moved on, twice. There was also Ryan Griffin who backs up for the Bucs. He drafted Garrett Grayson in the 3rd a few years back and it was an abject failure.

Right now the guy in the pipeline is Taysom Hill. He appears to be a hell of an athlete but no one has seen him throw a pass in so much as a preseason game.