Sign in to follow this  
GuardBum

Post Draft Sup Roll and discussion - 2017

So the site Mora used last year appears to be dead http://www.draftlotto.com
I know http://www.draftpicklottery.com/ will also do a weighted (by balls) draft but does not have the email results feature. If someone can find one that has it, where I can't or something similar if we are going to continue using what is described below.

After the 26 round regular draft is completed, any players left in the Yahoo pool are eligible for the Supplemental Draft. Note to the new players - this includes all players not on your team, regardless of eligibility, so be sure to protect anyone you want with an official draft pick. As with seasons past, this will be a two-round, serpentine draft. Draft order will be based on a draft lottery, with pick 1.01 receiving one ball and pick 1.14 receiving fourteen.

Obviously no new players so this is now up for conversation and review as we close the regular draft and get ready to roll this one. I heard no argument to starting this draft LATE. Like, last week of March late. But rolling early here after the main draft and determining where your picks are will allow greater flexibility and resources in trade talks.
GO!!!

1: CMH (had 13 balls)

2: Mora (had 5 balls)....Nice jump!

3: Mookz (had 14 balls)

4: Mung (had 12 balls)

5: WhiteWonder (had 11 balls)

6: BlackClouds (had 10 balls)

7: Lambert (had 9 balls)

8: ZeroTolerance (had 4 balls)

9: GuardBum (had 6 balls)

10: ShotsUp (had 8 balls)

11: 29Guests (had 7 balls)

12: Burt (had 3 balls)

13: GratefulTed (had 2 balls)

14: bbascom (had 1 ball)

pretty good bumps from Mora and Zero. biggest drops were only 3 each with shot and 29. Guess a pretty ideal way for the draft to give chance of improvement.

https://www.smartfantasy.com/tools/draft-order-randomizer/

this seems to be a weighted randomizer done not with ping pong balls but %'s. Unfortunately a straight 1% per ball equals 105% and it must total 100% so there would need to be some minor tweaking. Also I don't see a spot for e-mails...... bah

http://www.draftpicklottery.com/index.php

the one you found is probably better and honestly I would trust without needing anyone e-mailed

https://www.smartfantasy.com/tools/draft-order-randomizer/

this seems to be a weighted randomizer done not with ping pong balls but %'s. Unfortunately a straight 1% per ball equals 105% and it must total 100% so there would need to be some minor tweaking. Also I don't see a spot for e-mails...... bah

http://www.draftpicklottery.com/index.php

the one you found is probably better and honestly I would trust without needing anyone e-mailed

Those are what I found too. I realize everyone is pretty trustworthy except for New England fans but it's always nice to have that email confirmation.

alternatively, someone (mookz) could purchase 105 ping pong balls, write each teams name on the appropriate amount, dump them all into a big bucket, shake it around and facebook live feed the drawing :dunno:

• Like 1

Those are what I found too. I realize everyone is pretty trustworthy except for New England fans but it's always nice to have that email confirmation.

The Price injury make you a little bitter maybe...

The Price injury make you a little bitter maybe...

No Brett Lawrie getting released was worse for me.

Are we ready to roll? I can go stand with bbascom and he can roll and post. Our offices are about paces down the hallway.

Really? HaH cool. Yeah I would say use the ping pong method site and jst roll until.I get #2 (I'm not greedy). Then report back

Also we still need to get mung invited

Results are in....drum roll please....

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Let the trading begin!!!!

Zero made a decent jump too

...And I still do!

Let the trading begin!!!!

So what site did you use since Draft Lotto is dead?

when are you guys expecting me to pick? Should we enter rosters on yahoo so we can better filter who is available?

when are you guys expecting me to pick? Should we enter rosters on yahoo so we can better filter who is available?

Plan is to start in a couple weeks (allows time for trades and to make picks/moves in response to any injuries that come up during spring training).

I think most of liked a start date after March 27th. Take time to update the Yahoo site with the draft. Folks can make other moves or trades with current availables. Then we can use this site to post trades with picks involved way before the actual draft has to start.

We want to draft as LATE as possible, just before the season start date on April 2nd. If we could do it in 2 days, Mar 30-31 would be ideal if everyone thinks they'll be available. Don't remember when Burt said he might be gone for one.

Looks like Burt's back after 2 weeks 13-24 March. So he might be good to go come 27 on.

Did I miss something? Didn't we use to get extra balls based on last season's standings?

Looks like Burt's back after 2 weeks 13-24 March. So he might be good to go come 27 on.

I dont get back until the 31st now since I'm heading down to Texas for a few days after my class. But the 27th should work. I'll have internet access everywhere I go except my grandmother's house. Her little town is the last holdout to the modern era. Not a cell phone tower for miles and miles.

Did I miss something? Didn't we use to get extra balls based on last season's standings?

Nope.

Since we've been playing with balls it's always been 1 ball per draft spot in thr main draft

Is it the midseason where we use the standings then? Or am I just completely mis-remembering the hell out of everything? :dunno:

Is it the midseason where we use the standings then? Or am I just completely mis-remembering the hell out of everything? :dunno:

Yeah midseason is reverse order of standings for 2 rounds with no snake

• Like 1

Yeah midseason is reverse order of standings for 2 rounds with no snake

:thumbsup:

Woo-hoo!

27.02 pick is officially on the trading block. I'd much prefer to move down at the right price.

Woo-hoo!

27.02 pick is officially on the trading block. I'd much prefer to move down at the right price.

I'd consider making an offer once the 14th owner joins the league so we can see who is available.

who is in charge of invites, i have mungs email

cmh maybe? Whoever it is, I believe it was mentioned on another thread that an invite was sent awhile back.

as fr as i knew, when posty took over the team last year, his e-mail was put in place and when the league was started up again this season, posty got the invite, not mung.

could be wrong.

either way I have his e-mail that he private messaged to me a day or two ago.

Tell posty to accept and then we can change ot Mung when he eventually revisits here. At least the current rosters can be loaded then.

Tell posty to accept and then we can change ot Mung when he eventually revisits here. At least the current rosters can be loaded then.

i sent CMH mung's e-mail via PM. Mung has been here and saw my post asking for his e-mail. obviously was more comfortable PM'ing me the info. So we should be all good as soon as CMH send him out the invite

I tried earlier from the DC airport but the WiFi was too focked. I'll try to get to it tonight.

I tried earlier from the DC airport but the WiFi was too focked. I'll try to get to it tonight.

How was the F Lips ? Going this Thursday NYC

How was the F Lips ? Going this Thursday NYC

It focking rocked I'd check out their new album if you get a chance. And be ready for some bass that's gonna shred your face :headbanger:

league invite sent to mung :thumbsup:

• Like 1