Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Undervalued WR's

These are in no particular order, and are WR's (12-team non-ppr) that I believe to be of fantastic value as compared to their current ADP's. Will leave rookies off of the list, since they are such wildcards, although there are a few that I think have a real chance to succeed this season (For example, Moore, Kirk, and Washington are guys I am interested in at current price). Feel free to add your own:

Sterling Shepard - Currently running an ADP of 11.07 (49th WR off the board). Are you kidding me? Eli trusts him, Barkley keeping D's honest, and ODB drawing double coverage......and he has the skillz to exploit. Tremendous value.

Allen "Hit Man" Hurns - #1 WR on a team with a premium RB and serviceable QB (not to mention a questionable defense). Dez and Witten targets gone, competing with a rookie, and he has always had a nose for the endzone. Current ADP of 8:12 (37th WR off the board). Yes, please....you can rely on the Hit Man.

Chris Hogan - Have we forgotten what this guy can do when healthy, playing with the GOAT? Cooks targets gone, Matthews new in town, and Edelman suspended first 4 games, giving him and Brady a chance to firmly re-establish connection. His 6:03 ADP seems criminal, esp for a guy with a LEGIT chance to be a FF WR1.

Quincy Enunwa - Currently undrafted in 12-team 15 rounders according to Fantasy Football Calculator. What? Yes, NYJ's are gonna struggle offensively, but there will be some fantasy WR value for someone. I believe Enunwa is the guy. Largely forgotten with a neck injury last year, he burst onto the scene 2 years ago with spectacular plays....great size, hands, vision, and breakaway speed. Anderson is a one trick pony, so why not let someone else grab him. Get the most talented/complete WR on the roster.....for FREE.

Cameron Meredith - Again, most have forgotten how good this guy was in Chicago 2 seasons ago before injury cost him all of last year. Now in N.O. playing with the little GOAT, with Thomas drawing double coverage, and Ginn another one trick pony who is getting no younger...Meredith's APD of (gulp) 11:10 screams of value/return.

Amari Cooper - A little higher price tag....but an ADP of 4:04 for a mega-talented receiver with true WR1 upside, and his main competition gone (Crabs). Yes, he still makes me a little nervous, but his price has finally made him affordable....and I just have the feeling that Gruden is gonna feed him.

Will Fuller - Sure, you are betting Watson's health, but we all saw what this guy did with him last year. It was an unstoppable connection. Fuller is a BURNER. After watching Fuller in camp recently Andre Johnson was quoted as saying "Wow!". Let someone else pay the premium for Hopkins......Fuller is currently sitting at 6:10....and a must-draft for Watson owners IMO.

Dede Westbrook - This is a little tougher situation. Yes, Hurns is gone, but Lee is back. One of Lee, Cole, or Westbrook is gonna return tremendous value. Personally, I am betting on Dede's talent....and he is currently going undrafted in 12-team 15 rounders. That's the kind of price I like for that kind of upside.

I'm out on Shepard. Injuries/questionable target share. Rather have Meredith or Enuwa at that round.

All in on Hurns & Hogan at their current ADP. Less so on Fuller as that's his ceiling imo.

Westbrook is a nice dart throw. So is Mack Hollins.

Cooper is about where I'd draft him now.

To some degree I'd say almost all receivers in 35-50 range are undervalued cause a lot of them are similar to those in 25-35 range. The WR 2/3 is so deep.

It's a good list to be sure and I agree with most of those.

Shepard is tough to predict because there are reasons to think he could both exceed or not meet expectations. I'm curious with Engram established as a viable target, Beckham back and Barkley a threat as a receiving back, where Shepard picks up any extra targets from last season when it was just him and a developing Engram at times? I do expect him to be the beneficiary of not being a focal point of the defense, but it's hard to project much more than the 60 receptions he had last year when he was all they had at the WR position for a number of games.

I like Hurns but I need to see his chemistry with Dak before I can jump in with both feet. Prescott has been the beneficiary of having Dez and Witten, both guys who can catch balls that were not perfectly delivered. I'll be curious to see if Dak develops chemistry with Hurns, who is a different type of WR than he's been accustomed to. But this could definitely be a high value pick in the back of a lot of drafts.

i put Cam Merideth in a similar spot as Shepard. Where do the targets come from? Yes Ginn is a one trick pony, but it's a good trick. I don't see his targets diminishing much from last year. Same with Michael Thomas. You've also got huge receiving contributions from the RB's with Kamara and Ingram drawing 170 targets between them last year. If you assume Thomas, Ginn and the RB's see a similar workload, that leaves about 55 targets that went to Coleman and Snead last year and Coleman is still on the team. In addition you've got him recovering from an injury that may cause him to miss some or all of camp which means he's going to be the 4th WR initially behind Thomas, Ginn, and Coleman.

I do agree totally on Cooper, I think he was really fighting some injuries last year and could be in line for his best NFL season.

Double Digit Round WR's I am targeting in no particular order:

Kenny Stills - Miami homer, and the only Dolphin I will touch besides Drake

Marquise Lee

Muhammad Sanu

Mike Williams

Kelvin Benjamin

Cameron Meredith

WR's that will outproduce their ADP:

Chris Hogan will be at my team - Load up on RBs early in the draft and have Hogan as my WR2

M. Goodwin

D. Thomas - Will still have to pay a decent draft pick for him, but he is a solid WR2

I did really well with Nelson Agholor last season

I would expect him to be decent again this season if not better

Allen "Hit Man" Hurns - #1 WR on a team with a premium RB and serviceable QB (not to mention a questionable defense). Dez and Witten targets gone, competing with a rookie, and he has always had a nose for the endzone. Current ADP of 8:12 (37th WR off the board). Yes, please....you can rely on the Hit Man.

Cameron Meredith - Again, most have forgotten how good this guy was in Chicago 2 seasons ago before injury cost him all of last year. Now in N.O. playing with the little GOAT, with Thomas drawing double coverage, and Ginn another one trick pony who is getting no younger...Meredith's APD of (gulp) 11:10 screams of value/return.

Will Fuller - Sure, you are betting Watson's health, but we all saw what this guy did with him last year. It was an unstoppable connection. Fuller is a BURNER. After watching Fuller in camp recently Andre Johnson was quoted as saying "Wow!". Let someone else pay the premium for Hopkins......Fuller is currently sitting at 6:10....and a must-draft for Watson owners IMO.

I like these guys. Especially Hurns. I truly think the only way Hurns does poorly is if Dak Prescott gets injured or has a poor season himself. I like the fit, I like the player, I like the situation.

Meredith- I agree. his ADP actually surprised me. I knew he was undervalued, but didnt know it was to this extent. I do think as camp moves on, his ADP will rise. if drafting now, pick and enjoy.

Fuller I think showed a lot of good things. I dont think you can go wrong with him at the ADP listed above.

Agree with a lot on that list...will mention a few that have not been discussed...

I actually think Keelan Cole will be the guy to emerge as the #1 in JAX and he can be had for nothing.

I believe Chris Godwin will be one of those early FA adds in fantasy.

Kenny Golladay and Corey Davis are two guys who will live up to the rookie hype they did not live up to last year and outperform their ADP.

Ryan Grant will be fantasy relevant if Luck is fully healthy.

Keke Coutee will be a name everyone will learn quick if he gets a shot. I loved every minute of the Will Fuller train last year but he's not built to last.

Jamison Crowder

TY Hilton

Tyler Lockett

I also like Lockett this year. if you get him late, he could be a nice steal.

This thread is why this year more so than normal, I struggle to touch the WR position until the 4-5 range... and really not heavily until 6-7.

This thread is why this year more so than normal, I struggle to touch the WR position until the 4-5 range... and really not heavily until 6-7.

I truly believe that a guy can draft 3 solid RB's and perhaps even a top-end QB and TE before snagging any WR's....and still have one of the best rosters in the league.

I've held off on WR's until later in all my drafts to date and landed some great potential breakout players. Hogan, Mike Williams, Hilton (he's falling farther than his ADP suggests), Corey Davis is dropping a round later than he should as well. Remember, the owner wanted a more prolific offense.... I've been picking up Paul Richardson in all my drafts, typically in the final 2 rounds. He could build chemistry with Smith as he runs great routes and the competition is ok, but not great. I would suggest keeping a major eye on Chester Rogers, Deon Cain and Ryan Grant in Indy as well. They will be passing a ton this season and one of those three will be the #2 WR on a team piling up garbage time yardage/scores. None are being drafted in re-draft.

Another guy worth watching this preseason is Chad Wiliams in Arizona. Forget who they drafted. This kid has major amounts of talent. It's hard to figure where he fits in with the new coaching staff, but the talent is there. Mack Hollins is also on my stash list for dynasty. He may not do more than he did last season in 2018, but he's talented.

• Like 1

I truly believe that a guy can draft 3 solid RB's and perhaps even a top-end QB and TE before snagging any WR's....and still have one of the best rosters in the league.

Completely agree. It's a good year to be a RB wh0re.

Tawan Taylor. Second year slot man for titans. This years cooper kupp. New OC is from McVay tree so similar offense

Anyone have any warm fuzzies for Albert Wilson?

Yep, I think he is talented, and completely underutilized in KC. He has a chance. However, I just don't trust Tanny or the Miami offense in general, and think the leftovers after Stills and Parker get theirs will keep his fantasy outlook in check.

I'm after Corey Davis big time this year. Prime spot for this dude to put up big numbers

C Davis ADP (acc to ffcalc) is 6.10 doesn't really scream undervalued to me. If Josh McCown starts the season # 1 for the Jets I will really like Robby anderson at his price.

I believe Antonio Callaway could be worth a late round flier. Josh Gordon has left the team for the time being and while I hope everything works out for him you just never know what is truly going on. There's already chatter about bringing in Dez Bryant. In a way, Callaway is a bit like Josh Gordon. Supremely talented WR with a ton of baggage. If his head is on straight and he gets a shot he could be the most impressive rookie WR in this class and if nothing else he should surpass Corey Coleman on the depth chart rather quickly.

I'm after Corey Davis big time this year. Prime spot for this dude to put up big numbers

He had a bit of a coming out party in practice today. He was dominating against Malcolm Butler, Adoree, and Ryan. He's worth monitoring, because he certainly has the talent to be an elite WR.

J'mon moore as a flyer in redrafts even. He may be the Packers #2 at some point this season.

Great lists and additional WRs listed throughout this thread.

I really like Sterling Shepard, Marquis Goodwin, Corey Davis, Marqise Lee, and maybe Allen Hurns too, and maybe Will Fuller and Tyler Lockett. And I draft DeVante Parker every year.

I dont know where Garçon is going but dont be surprised if he becomes Jimmy Gs Edelman.

I dont know where Garçon is going but dont be surprised if he becomes Jimmy Gs Edelman.

He may. Trent Taylor is supposed to be the slot guy. I have him stashed in dynasty just in case

He may. Trent Taylor is supposed to be the slot guy. I have him stashed in dynasty just in case

Excited about Taylor in my PPR dynasty

What about DJ Moore on panthers? First wr taken in the draft and Cam needs targets.

Yup, I mentioned in the OP that I was purposely leaving rooks off the list to simplify, but that Moore was one that I could see actually having a big year. His situation is perfect, and his ADP is low. Also, just don't believe in Funchess.....at least not as a consistently productive fantasy WR.

DJ Moore coukd have a solid year and be value.

But I just wonder what his upside is in a dynasty league? I mean how many catches can a WR in that offense get? Maybe low 80s at best? Cam is a deep ball thrower. Runs a ton. Now dump offs to CMac. Just seems hard for a WR to put up high catch totals with him throwing the ball.