Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

Maybe slow wasn't the right word but people seem to either love it or hate it, imo.

I love it when it's a suspenseful cat and mouse type crime movie. The ending completely peters out for me and that's when I lose interest.

Why? Cuz we enjoy discussing movies we've seen? :wacko:

That part is fine. It's the movies you guys watch.

That part is fine. It's the movies you guys watch.

You're free to start a thread about batman vs superman or whatever drivel you're into :dunno:

• Like 1

The November Man...spy/thriller kind of in the Jason Bourne catagory. Stars peirce Bronson

Anyone watch BoJack Horseman? Just binged through all 3 seasons.

Best way I can describe it: Inconsistently Brilliant.

There are stretches that are hard to watch because they are just not well done. Then there are moments that are hard to watch because of how severely poignant and dark they are. A lot of hilarity, but it quickly becomes a lot more of a incredibly depressing drama than an adult-swimesque ridiculous comedy, which it definitely is at times.

I definitely recommend it, but the pilot is awful. It doesn't really find it's identity until late in season 1. I think that is the biggest problem with the show, it kind of toggles between being a dark and emotional story of self-deprivation and self-discovery and acceptance, and being an off-the-wall comedy with hilarious characters and ridiculous storylines and running jokes i.e. Arrested Development. It will go from an over-the-top comedy full of hilarity to suddenly a pit of despair in 30 seconds.

Rick and Morty also does this, but I think they do a much better job. The deep existential points mixes in perfectly with the hilarity. Whereas I think BJH has two different identities, they are both well done on their own but they don't mix the two well. Ya feel me?

Season 3 in BJH they gravitate more towards the drama category, and I felt they kind of ran in circles. Season 3 was highly acclaimed, but I thought it was overrated. The finale was great though. I actually hope BJ actually makes progression next season and they can make the show more of a comedy. BJH is borderline too depressing, and I think it becomes unnecessary at times. Basically they make the show more depressing than it has to be.

The November Man...spy/thriller kind of in the Jason Bourne catagory. Stars peirce Bronson

I've watched about 5 times in the last 4 months or so.

GREAT movie, imo. :thumbsup:

Along those lines, "London Has Fallen" is new to netflix now.

I give it an 7.314159 paws up rating.

For the record, November Man gets a 8.314159 rating.

Peirce at his best

I've watched about 5 times in the last 4 months or so.

GREAT movie, imo. :thumbsup:

For the record, November Man gets a 8.314159 rating.

Peirce at his best

I keep passing this by because I've never been a Brosnan fan,I may go ahead and give it a shot as it sounds like my kind of movie.

The Department Q Danish film trilogy :thumbsup:

One thing I've noticed is that Scandinavian dramas are more engrossing. They tend to be a bit on the gritty side, but are smartly done in a plain way. Not meant to be intellectually dazzling, no pretension, but you feel smarter watching them.

Only three episodes in so the jury is still out but the OA is pretty good so far.

I describe Stranger Things as a cross of ET meets Stand by Me meets Alien.

:banana:

For those of you who have Amazon prime, I highly recommend the series Goliath. Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt are great. And the actresses are excellent too. First rate.

For those of you who have Amazon prime, I highly recommend the series Goliath. Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt are great. And the actresses are excellent too. First rate.

Watching it right now. Good show :thumbsup:

Only week point is that HOPA from Lost. God she is a terrible actress. Focking gorgeous though

I haven't, but look about 7 posts above you.

Oh....nevermind....

:wub: this movie. Since it's often hard to find something that seems worthwhile on Netflix, I've taken to searching by genre, and then sorting by highest rated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbfkuN_MpvQ

I've had this is my queue for quite a while, looking forward to seeing it. :thumbsup:

I might have to do subtitles for this

Ja. For å forstå hva som blir sagt ville være nyttig.

The most hated women in America...Bio drama about the lady who founded the American atheists​. Decent, not great. It's a made for Netflix movie.

Hap and Leonard. Sundance six episode first season. Also not great, but good enough that I watched the whole thing. Couple of goofy things about it imo. Basically a buddy type show involving a crime. If you're a fan of the dude who played Omar Little on the wire, including the gay part, you might want to check out... Also played chaulky white on boardwalk empire.

Scifi

Spectral

Not bad all things considered. Interesting take on a pretty recent scientific discovery

I watched a movie called "The Way Back" last night, pretty good if you like survival stories based on real life.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of Extras, an older Ricky Gervais series last night. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Ricky is the king of uncomfortable comedy.

Watched the first episode of Extras, an older Ricky Gervais series last night. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Ricky is the king of uncomfortable comedy.

I'll have to check that out. He cracks me up. I loved him in The Office.

• Like 1

The Seven Five, documentary, "Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn."

• Like 1

The Seven Five, documentary, "Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn."

I Worked with his brother.

• Like 1

Kardashian - The Man Who Saved OJ

Caught this the other day, a damn good watch for all the OJ murders crowd.. There's a key part to it that (possibly) explains away what happened to OJ's clothes/shoes - with video.

I Worked with his brother.

No way....good doc though. Can easily see how that would happen and spiral out of control. Another reason I couldn't be a cop.

I'd be on the take. Banging prostitutes. Planting crap on dirtballs.

Watched "The Founder" on Netflix this week, story of Ray Kroc, guy who built the McDonald's franchises. Really, good, Keaton was excellent.

• Like 1

Watched "The Founder" on Netflix this week, story of Ray Kroc, guy who built the McDonald's franchises. Really, good, Keaton was excellent.

I just watched this Sunday on the plane coming back from zona... It was pretty decent...I just wonder what truths were stretched telling the story