Sign in to follow this  
patweisers44

Stock Car Guys

Who is your favorite since Dale's haid felled off?

Well, currently I have to be a Truex fan since I live in Denver. It's nice that he's a great driver and person so it's easy to be a fan. Before that probably Jeff Gordon and anyone who wrecks a Busch brother.

:nono:

Sorry man. Those guys are dooshes and, as good as they are, race dirty sometimes.

Jeff Gordon or GTFO

Jeff Gordon or GTFO

Yeah, he eats donuts up in the booth really really fast!!!

Sorry man. Those guys are dooshes and, as good as they are, race dirty sometimes.

Kyle is prolly the most talented in the whole series

• Like 1

Kyle is prolly the most talented in the whole series

Sure.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite. I'm a Clint Bowyer fan but I like seeing the "local" boys run well (Allmendinger, Larson) and I'm hoping that Matt DiBenedetto can start finding some success. He grew up across the road from my folks. We used to watch him race go carts on a dirt track in his front yard. Always seemed like a good kid.

Martin Truex Jr. to lose 5-hour Energy as primary sponsor

Lowes left Johnson, 5-hour leaving CHAMPION Truex, if the sponsors can't get a return with these guys, NASCAR needs to rethink it's business model.

Best thing that can happen. It will make the sport affordable again.

They also need to go back to the Generation 4 style body. I applaud NASCAR for making safety a number one priority after Sr's death but they went overkill and destroyed the product.

I need one off season to fix NASCAR and the popularity will start to go back up or at least stabilize.

---

1. The Chase is gone. Back to a full 36 race schedule with a legitimate true Champion when the season concludes.

2. Go back to the Gen 4 car. There are enough safety innovations in the seat and head restraints we never needed an entirely different car based on safety. Can it.

3. No tracks get two dates with the same configuration. If a track has two dates the second date will be ran on the road circuit, if that track does not have another configuration that track loses its second date.

4. Cut about half of the 1.5 tracks. The schedule should be something like

Short tracks: 10

Speedways: 10

Road Course: 8

Restrictor Plate: 2

Schedule should also be cut from 36 races to the 28-30 range.

5. Stage racing is gone.

The product instantly becomes better.

Best thing that can happen. It will make the sport affordable again.

They also need to go back to the Generation 4 style body. I applaud NASCAR for making safety a number one priority after Sr's death but they went overkill and destroyed the product.

I need one off season to fix NASCAR and the popularity will start to go back up or at least stabilize.

---

1. The Chase is gone. Back to a full 36 race schedule with a legitimate true Champion when the season concludes.

2. Go back to the Gen 4 car. There are enough safety innovations in the seat and head restraints we never needed an entirely different car based on safety. Can it.

3. No tracks get two dates with the same configuration. If a track has two dates the second date will be ran on the road circuit, if that track does not have another configuration that track loses its second date.

4. Cut about half of the 1.5 tracks. The schedule should be something like

Short tracks: 10

Speedways: 10

Road Course: 8

Restrictor Plate: 2

Schedule should also be cut from 36 races to the 28-30 range.

5. Stage racing is gone.

The product instantly becomes better.

On board with a lot of the ideas. Love more Road Courses, best/most strategic races of the season. It's not like the 80's and 90's where at best 4 guys actually knew how to drive a road course, now most of the do, makes for great racing. Less Restrictor plates & more short track also :thumbsup:

I was okay mostly okay with the original chase, reseed the top 10 with extra points for wins and how you finished in the reg season. My biggest complaint is and was, it's the same 10 races...certain tracks favor certain drivers<cough JIMMY JOHNSON cough>. Overall though, most the time it made the end of the season a little more exciting and usually rewarded the most consistent driver---Think Jeff Gordon was the one who got screwed the most, twice he had the most points total in the season/chase but didn't win the championship. Half the 1.5's would be great!

New formula with eliminations is so contrived though, surprised France didn't have the eliminations be decided by twitter vote.

Have to admit, I do like the stage racing and the bonus points it presents, but it could be tweaked some.

When the Frances sell nascar, put me down as a reference for you to be in charge, you got my vote. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Stage racing is one of the few new things I like about NASCAR. At-least they're racing before the last 20 laps now.

I agree with the cars though. Gen 4 cars raced much better.

Definitely need more road races and short track. Get rid of Pocono, Kansas, Kentucky, Homestead all together. Boring boring racing.

Stage racing is one of the few new things I like about NASCAR. At-least they're racing before the last 20 laps now.

Definitely need more road races and short track. Get rid of Pocono, Kansas, Kentucky, Homestead all together. Boring boring racing.

Time it takes a car leaving 3 and getting into one at Pocono puts me to sleep. Turns 2 and 3 are kind of fun though.

Even though they aren't side by side they are still racing. Ultimately setting themselves up for that final run to be in position to win. It seems the ones who like it the most who are only watching to see wrecks anyway, fock'em. F1 rarely has side-by-side racing but the hardcore fans understand what is going on so they continue to watch. I am tired of sports and other forms of entertainment trying to create so much artificial excitement because Americans supposedly have a smaller attention span than the rest of the world. If someone can't stay excited or enjoy something they aren't a true fan and rule changes shouldn't be based on their opinion whatsoever. The way you grow things is by having a base so focking strong everyone wants to see what is going on. NASCAR's recent rule changes has almost dissolved their based. Old fans don't even know what they are watching anymore. Its absolute trash.

Even though they aren't side by side they are still racing. Ultimately setting themselves up for that final run to be in position to win. It seems the ones who like it the most who are only watching to see wrecks anyway, fock'em. F1 rarely has side-by-side racing but the hardcore fans understand what is going on so they continue to watch. I am tired of sports and other forms of entertainment trying to create so much artificial excitement because Americans supposedly have a smaller attention span than the rest of the world. If someone can't stay excited or enjoy something they aren't a true fan and rule changes shouldn't be based on their opinion whatsoever. The way you grow things is by having a base so focking strong everyone wants to see what is going on. NASCAR's recent rule changes has almost dissolved their based. Old fans don't even know what they are watching anymore. Its absolute trash.

And when we actually had a good finish a few weeks back (Larson and Busch banging on the last lap) the dumb fans all booed.

• Like 1

On board with a lot of the ideas. Love more Road Courses, best/most strategic races of the season. It's not like the 80's and 90's where at best 4 guys actually knew how to drive a road course, now most of the do, makes for great racing. Less Restrictor plates & more short track also :thumbsup:

I was okay mostly okay with the original chase, reseed the top 10 with extra points for wins and how you finished in the reg season. My biggest complaint is and was, it's the same 10 races...certain tracks favor certain drivers<cough JIMMY JOHNSON cough>. Overall though, most the time it made the end of the season a little more exciting and usually rewarded the most consistent driver---Think Jeff Gordon was the one who got screwed the most, twice he had the most points total in the season/chase but didn't win the championship. Half the 1.5's would be great!

New formula with eliminations is so contrived though, surprised France didn't have the eliminations be decided by twitter vote.

Have to admit, I do like the stage racing and the bonus points it presents, but it could be tweaked some.

When the Frances sell nascar, put me down as a reference for you to be in charge, you got my vote. :thumbsup:

I could be down with stage racing but you need to cherry pick it for the right events. If it was used I would like it to only be used on Saturday night short track racing just to give those races more of a "local" feel to them. The Daytona 500 or Coca-Cola 600 have no business having stage races it takes away from the novelty of the event.

• Like 1

I could be down with stage racing but you need to cherry pick it for the right events. If it was used I would like it to only be used on Saturday night short track racing just to give those races more of a "local" feel to them. The Daytona 500 or Coca-Cola 600 have no business having stage races it takes away from the novelty of the event.

Like that...for some reason stage racing does feels off to me at Watkins and Sonoma too. Maybe cause they are shorter races, 3 stages feels too much. Change that to 1 at the halfway point or get rid of it all together at those two tracks. Fuel, tire & pit strategy is enough to make both of those interesting races without the manufactured extra restarts of stage racing.

Oh and one more suggestion while you are fixing Nascar, more Saturday night races...especially when football starts.

• Like 1

Like that...for some reason stage racing doesn't feels off to me at Watkins and Sonoma too. Maybe cause they are shorter races, 3 stages feels too much. Change that to 1 at the halfway point or get rid of it all together at those two tracks. Fuel, tire & pit strategy is enough to make both of those interesting races without the manufactured extra restarts of stage racing.

Oh and one more suggestion while you are fixing Nascar, more Saturday night races...especially when football starts.

Road courses would be another that should be considered for stage racing. I also thing it would be cool if NASCAR added a RC event that went into the night. Circuit of the America's would be an excellent choice for this A+ facility. I also would want them to go to Road America and Road Atlanta those tracks absolutely need to be added to the schedule. Two of greatest circuits in the entire world and they don't have a NASCAR date.. makes no sense.

Yep more Saturday night races and Saturday races in general.

Some of these things are so painfully obvious I don't know why we as fans even have to discuss this anymore. Just make it happen.

Furniture Row Racing's demise highlights NASCAR's competitive problems

Barney Visser stood outside his hauler at Martinsville Speedway last October, and the question came up about how much of his own money had he put into Furniture Row Racing.

He gave one of those "I don't know" looks and shook his head.

Visser probably knew but didn't want to say, or didn't want to think about it. He just seemed relieved he wouldn't be sponsoring a car with his company's money in 2018.

No one should be surprised by the news Tuesday that the organization, facing a 14-race sponsorship void in 2019, will not continue after this season. The more surprising part is that it made it all the way to 2018.

The 2017 NASCAR fairy tale of Furniture Row Racing has turned into a story that, despite Visser's best efforts and tens of millions of dollars spent, shows the brutal reality of this sport: It costs millions to play in the sandbox, success for a newcomer is likely a product of being at the mercy of an alliance with a more powerful organization, and victories and championships are no guarantees of revenue nor sponsorship.

That wasn't the story a year ago. The NASCAR industry couldn't get enough of the Visser's awesome journey to the 2017 NASCAR Cup championship, proving that a primarily single-car team (it was two cars for just one season, in 2017) could rise to the level of a Cup champion. Heck, you didn't even have to be in North Carolina, as Denver, Colorado, was this team's home.

:(

Charters are the debbil. I hope NASCAR paid attention to the full stands at Darlington. Throw back weekend at a timeless track.

36 races is fine. But only use 30 best finishes. Will make it much more competitive, lessen impact of DNFs.