Sign in to follow this  
NEWPOSTERGUY!

Not sure if there are any Kinks fans

Meh...They're pretty Low Budget

This, coming from such a well respected man.

This, coming from such a well respected man.

AKA a Twentieth Century Man

Where did all the good times go?

It was all downhill once Lola showed up.

It was all downhill once COLA showed up.

Fyp.

CO-LA! C - O - L - A! COLA!

Yeah,,can you imagine me on cocaine? Thank God that will never happen again.

• Like 1

Fyp.

CO-LA! C - O - L - A! COLA!

Yeah,,can you imagine me on cocaine? Thank God that will never happen again.

Yeah, that paranoia is a need destroyer

Kinks are underated for sure. One could argue, they were the Clash, before The Clash, and in America.

Kinks are underated for sure. One could argue, they were the Clash, before The Clash, and in America.

- replace the Clash with the Jam

hth -

Never listened to the Jam, much, can't name ine song off the top of my head, but Ihink you get what I am saying.

Ya know, what The Ramones, and The Clash and The Sex Pistols were doing, was not that off whT the Kinks were doing, way earlier.

An argument could be made that the Kinks were the first "punk rock" band,,is what I am getting at.

Some people say, Tne Plasmatics were the first "punk rock" band,,but nobody gives The Kinks any credit.

Not punk rock all IMO,,belongs more like with Kiss and ICP, just a big stupid show.

That was before it was cool for chicks to wear shaving cream and wooden clothespins to cover their breasteses.

It's about stories of defiance!

Findimg ways to survive without buying into the perecribed 9-5 dream. That's not my dream, but it is very "punk rock".

Should be brought up in the same conversation as the Clash, imo.

Yeah, you aren't the first to say it. The Kinks are underated. You are absolutely correct, sir.

Good job.

I knew about Devo,,but when I heard that "Paranoia" song as a kid ... it was kind like,,whoa ... They just went to some deep shiat I don't understand yet. I am still testing to figure out pink floyd,,and this is much faster. Hard to sing, from a mechanical point of view,mpunk ... You don't have time for flourishes.

And then, when I was in college ... It was the perfect 10 of an album. Post Nirvana, and I had great hopes for Pearl Jam, butt wS loke some magical time, like fairy you czpture in some cage, and you just gotta let it go ... but that moment, it was so worth it. Even if it hurts you to look backn it and wish you still had it. You knew when you lost it, that it would never be that good again.

So critical, and within a short period of time, Ten and Nevermind, both from Seattle, but very different band and yet within the same scene.

imo, there has not been a band yet that has played on rock radio, and can touch either one of those albums.

Just flat out, nobody has been good enough, for like 25 years.

But, you might be surprised to know, the chick in Portlandia wa in like an angry, northwest "punk" band called Sleater Kinney, which is an exit,, near Seattle, off the i5, I believe it is.

I dig her style ... man. Pretty cool chick. Also funny.

And then,,there was also this chick,,that was hanging around that scene sith cobain before he met Courtney, and later married a Beastie Boy.

Gotta be, top 5 all time song in my book. A thousand people have taken that canned,,crappy Casio drum beat and made some crap ass song,,but this is actually brilliant:

Thread was on a Low Budget and GFIAFP went and kilt it. Kilt it to death.

Thread was on a Low Budget and GFIAFP went and kilt it. Kilt it to death.

I don't mind, it was worth it. I don't even know why I opened this thread since I don't like the Kinks nor any of the other bands mentioned in this thread other than Pink Floyd and the grunge bands yet I kept going and I'm glad I did because that 'butch lesbian trapped in a man's body' is a quality line.

I don't mind, it was worth it. I don't even know why I opened this thread since I don't like the Kinks nor any of the other bands mentioned in this thread other than Pink Floyd and the grunge bands yet I kept going and I'm glad I did because that 'butch lesbian trapped in a man's body' is a quality line.

;)

No, but seriously ...I want to have the sehx with multiple lesbians, in a lesbionic way, but I am a man.

Also, she might not be a lesbian ... not sure.

Pretty sure I coulld ... Yah know, with my toungue skills, qualify for like, at least, like a pinch hit lesbo.

Like if you needed a lesbo, that was a master of eataimg the vajayjay ... and all of suddn, she got sick ... i coild totally fill in.

No pun intended.